youtube.com/watch?v=Er8732hLPuE
youtube.com/watch?v=btWqY31bixA
youtube.com/watch?v=bOqR7oVzIrI
youtube.com/watch?v=dzX5r3nNIFU
youtube.com/watch?v=tMWvrE5udIk
youtube.com/watch?v=jE4RoVwaQMY
youtube.com/watch?v=cfU8mFjLEJo
youtube.com/watch?v=rwWfX5ihbr0
toiletovhell.com/toilet-radio-makes-death-metal-underground-feel-tingly-downstairs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

median age of this thread: 15

glam

What's their name again?

Great album

As far as "metal" genres that aren't really metal go:

crossover thrash > nu metal > djent > glam metal > metalcore > deathcore

Ku Klux Korpiklaani

God is /ourguy/
youtube.com/watch?v=N9k2LUtWVYk

"That band that made the only listenable melodeath album."

segregationist Ceremonial Oath

glamshits and christcucks out

NOT

>heavy metal (classic) - 32 votes
it isn't really bad

Chuch "died of aids" Schuldiner was a living meme

trve as fvck

never
youtube.com/watch?v=MyM7x9i9_38

>thrash that low
bleh this place sucks

he was also a jew
death metal is a jewish genre

listening only to thrash is pretty pointless, you'd go to its derivatives eventually

>going to groove metal and djent

>worshipping a kike on a stick

Brazil had (has?) a decently active bm scene apparently, outside of Mystifier and Cogumelo
youtube.com/watch?v=ERo8Y3kvG6w

>you'd go to its derivatives eventually
not always, i was a thrashfag when i was a teen and now i'm a powerhead/glamhead

>worshipping (((atheism)))
fuck off marx

Shit fucking poll, I demand a redux and this link be posted in the next 5 threads
>strawpoll.me/13923662
>strawpoll.me/13923662
>strawpoll.me/13923662

3rd worlders hate Christ
>powerhead
>glamhead

stop fucking replying to larpers and shitposters

but i love a lot of those genres, the list is too fucking large

>Brazil hates Christ
>builds a giant statue of him

>a redux
You mean a terminal one?

Brazil isn't the only 3rd world country

That's the point, the last survey omitted a lot of shit and combined doom and sludge into one choice

>no glam
i abstain

I didn't make the poll and I agree, I only kept it alive for a day because it was already going and useful.
There'd be less than 10 sincere votes.

hmmm... maybe we should do a subgenre poll next week

>There'd be less than 10 sincere votes.
also true of alternative, avant-garde, drone, folk, gothic, groove, industrial, metalcore, neoclassical, symphonic and viking

>implying blackies aren't unplugging their modem and voting over and over again

>being this scared glam will get majority of votes

rationalizing why a dead genre that nobody cares about since corporate labels moved out of it versus why thriving genres with underground support must be taxing on your already limited mental capacity

1 on 1 no items final destination
strawpoll.me/13923748
strawpoll.me/13923748
strawpoll.me/13923748
strawpoll.me/13923748
strawpoll.me/13923748

Blam > Glack

>rationalizing why a dead genre that nobody cares about since corporate labels moved out of it versus why thriving genres with underground support must be taxing
what? do you want to slow down and try again maybe?

seriously and completely unironically here

why are glamposters so autistic? are there studies that explain this?

I a-agree

Ratt front man Stephen Pearcy’s memoir, Sex, Drugs, Ratt & Roll, published this month (and co-written by Sam Benjamin), takes us back—back to the itchy follicles of hair metal in the early 1980s, when penniless rockers tottered up and down L.A.’s Sunset Strip, snorting, vomiting, papering lampposts with their band’s flyers, and mooching off inexplicably generous “chicks.” Deep down, we must assume, they partied so hard to numb the pain of their own postmodernity: in the cells of their bodies, these musicians were copyists and cliché-mongers, reverently ripping off Aerosmith, AC/DC, Van Halen, the New York Dolls, Duran Duran (cosmetically), and each other. Certain of metal’s trappings (long hair, loud guitars, a kind of spurious defiance) had been appropriated, but this was not heavy metal, because it was not heavy: no doom, no drag. The riffs were flimsy and chick-friendly—or at least not chick-repellent—and metal’s drama of cosmic exile was ditched in favor of a desperate, slurping hedonism. “Under the sheets you will find me / I know that nothing’s for free.” That’s Stephen Pearcy in 1985, on Ratt’s double-platinum-selling second album, Invasion of Your Privacy. Compare James Hetfield, the previous year, on Metallica’s Ride the Lightning: “Emptiness is filling me / To the point of agony.” The chug-chug downstrokes of Hetfield’s Flying V were like a stammer in the brain stem; hair metal’s guitars, by contrast, were a mere outer-ear sizzle.

Glam absolutely, irrevocably, terminally BTFO

It's a metal poll, why would there be a non-metal genre?

My top 5 metal countries:

1. UK
2. Norway
3. Sweden
4. USA
5. Canada

GLAM
youtube.com/watch?v=mq16JlLdXl4
youtube.com/watch?v=3hGkn03bGXo
youtube.com/watch?v=Er8732hLPuE
youtube.com/watch?v=btWqY31bixA
youtube.com/watch?v=bOqR7oVzIrI
youtube.com/watch?v=dzX5r3nNIFU
youtube.com/watch?v=tMWvrE5udIk
>this is your brain on extreme metal
>glam metal doesn't sound like thrash metal
190iq glam god here

Replace Canada with Greece or Finland

>needed to paste someone's opinion piece because he was unable to articulate himself
extremebabbies, everyone

>can't refute the writing of a no-name clickbait journalist
Sad!

>implying i need to refute an opinion

glam bands are bands that tried to be like Metal Church but didn't have the talent so they ripped off Duran Duran instead

or even ukraine

>no Germany

>glam
>no skill
(you)

this defiles the nu-male

Has anyone made an Elric-core chart?

This band is kinda disappointing. I heard about them being a cool underrated cult band and went in expecting awesomeness like Helstar or Manilla Road, found them pretty meh in the end.

This desu.

manilla road is literal poop

If poop made really good metal then maybe.

Cirith Ungol is buttmetal like Manilla Road tho

they are actually bad

>tfw Emoji Movie has been a box office success
meal for this feal

Glam shitters actually made me miss djentshareguy

Reminds of glam
Commercially successful yet everyone hates it

blame this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=jE4RoVwaQMY

>1 hour analysis of a 2 minute trailer

Are there any other bands than cirith ungol or diamond head that used elric covers?

this isn't even glam tier, this is crazy frog tier

youtube.com/watch?v=cfU8mFjLEJo

you think you have seen autism?
youtube.com/watch?v=rwWfX5ihbr0

the movie creators know their target auditory

what the fuck

is that what people felt when they were experiencing duchamp in the 10s or warhol in the 60s?

>Varg is only 44 years old
Why does he look like he's already got a foot in the grave

toiletovhell.com/toilet-radio-makes-death-metal-underground-feel-tingly-downstairs/

Stumbled onto this recently, Toilet ov Hell podcast making fun of triggered DMU morons. Good fun.

Blond people seem to get awful hair when they age. My grandmother already looked really bad in her late 40s.

he simply looks like santa claus that's all
you can tell he's still not old, not much fat/wrinkles on his face, the skin doesn't hang yet, etc

>Expect to see a kid
>It's a grown adult male
wow

>This kills the glamfag

meh.. born for burning and bestial lust are good songs

He doesn't look unhealthy or crazy old. That's just what happens when you let yourself go in your 40's.
Plus, I think 16 years in jail will certainly make you age fast

the album that created second wave is meh? the fuck?

filthy, ominous and haunting, a bit subtle at it, too, but Under is perhaps Batlord's MO.

I'm trying to find an album from the 90s (I think) that had a comic in the interior pamphlet, with a main character like this, with two mouths and four eyes. It revolved around him fighting other post apocalyptic mutants, over some triangular microchip with the numbers 666 on it, that would embed itself in the skin of who had it, and make them monstrous.
I can only remember like one song on the album, it was track two called "the mountain" or the "bear climbed over the mountain" or some nonsense like that. I don't remember the band name, except it was something like "monster jam" (obviously not the monster truck derby) any help would be greatly appreciated.

scrap that, forgot born for burning is a worse burn the witch

What's the best/worst metal to listen while tripping on shrooms? Albums or genres

also necromancy is the best bathory song

>Which is why when a metropolitan upper-middle class leftist tries to make metal, they are inherently making metal as an OUTSIDER, with no immersion in the culture, the ethos, or overall lineage. You can always tell, the spirit just isn’t there. It’s ironic how these are the people who whine about cultural appropriation all the time, because that’s exactly what they’re doing when they touch metal.
The absolute state of DMU

See
DMU is fit only to be mocked.

lol

>Whining about people whining about cultural appropriation
I'm convinced that politics is nothing more than a very spicy meme

supremacist Wintersun

>i listened to metallica when i was a teen and now i'm euphoric 19yo "glamhead" tourist fresh off Sup Forums

fixed that for you

you mean it attracts the nu-male?

I meant DM and BM you retard

Muh nigga..one of my favorite albums ever! Love their second one also. After that they turned into grunge shit