>reviews memes
>is 30+ years of age
why do you take him seriously again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cCFzKvTeM3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because all of that is totally irrelevant to his decent taste in music

:ddddd cel chacesta here :DDDDDDDDD

>it's not me doing those things, it's the me that does them SEPARATELY from the normal me, duh doi!

given the amount of Rick and Morty threads on Sup Forums I'm pretty sure most of this board watches it too

but he doesn't have decent taste - he reviews albums he knows 14 year olds will want to listen to.

Modern Sup Forums is basically an edgier reddit.

To be fair you have to have a pretty high IQ to understand Rick and Morty

I don't watch him for moral guidance, and I don't care what kind of person he is at all. He could be a serial killer who marinates, grills, and eats babies, and I would still watch his videos because he has good musical taste.

whom are you talking to?

>He could be a serial killer who marinates, grills, and eats babies
You're a piece of shit then.

I've always found this funny when back in the day you had ebaums world and something awful having this exact same supposed relationship with Sup Forums

WHY do people even care about his reviews? I understand if you're looking for new music it's a good place maybe, but I know there's people here who may like an album, and he rates it poorly, and then people pretend they don't like it. That kinda behavior is just bullshit and fucking stupid.

actually I am an adult male Homo sapiens

but why watch his videos if you are watching to see what music he is telling you to like or dislike next?

just seems so pathetic.

no, you're shit

>reviews a trap album
>trap influence

What the fuck?

>reviews KILL WHITEY rap drivel
>10/10

He meant that the trap album is influenced by literal traps.

I watch to find new albums

That's a terrible method tbqh

rick and morty is probaly the pinnacle of modern nihilistic absurd comedy, the only people who don't like it are christcucks and contrarian pseuds.
gamergate was real and an actual issue
culture critique is nothing new. memes are the new culture
his age gives him more life experience.

which is why it is not my only method

I hate this board sometimes, why are you all so autistic

I hate this board all of the time

I like you user. Although I wouldn't call r&m the pinnacle of modern absurdist comedy, it definitely doesn't deserve the hate it gets

it's pretty simple, I really like music and want to talk/listen/read about it all the time. If there's a review of an album I really like, I watch reviews. They frequently point out things I hadn't considered before

>is a member of the """skeptic""" community
youtube.com/watch?v=cCFzKvTeM3w

autism spotted

>TWISTED FUCKING PSYCHOPATH XDDddD

Except you don't, but it's a pretty enjoyable show still.

Well Sup Forums?

I thought that was ironic when I first saw it, but I'm not too sure now...

Sangatsu no Raion, really. Great show. That said, I don't hate Rick and Morty, I just don't care for it.

>anime

>complain about anime
>on Sup Forums
baka desu senpai

I'm not complaining but saying an anime is more intellectual than Rick And Morty is hilariously stupid

the problem with him isn't his taste in music
or his affinity in dealing with alt-right memelords "For Discussion" even though he just jerks them off
or his love towards egotistical, rage-driven movements like Gamergate and Bernie Bros
or even the fact that his review style is incredibly banal and novice compared to fucking PITCHFORK, i mean holy shit

it's that he legitimately believes NOW that he is a guiding voice in not only "music discussion" but Big Media and politics as well

>He doesn't watch the meme review
Honestly desu, get laid.

Most of them would be less intellectual, I agree - however, I feel Sangatsu is probably one of the few exceptions. Especially given the themes it touches on and how it touches on them. It's a lot less... societal commentary focused and more internally and psychologically focused.

>He could be a serial killer

I don't, I just like the way he presents his opinions on music

>I like thing, so whoever doesn't is a pseud!

pic related

His taste is fucking boring. Have you seen his year-end lists?

I could name a few anime that are better than Rick and Morty.

>Implying a man who shares his opinion for a living isn't an influence in popular social media.
How are you this stupid?

>hating rick and morty

It's a decent show, just a bit overrated

You meme parrots didn't jump on the R&M hate wagon during season 1 and 2 so why start at 3? I don't even like the show but it's interesting to see all this forced hate for a cartoon.

>tfw all the pretentious normies jumped on the Rick And Morty bandwagon literally during its worst season so far

I fucking hate normies

horrible taste in electronic music and his reviews are generally random at times, he does have a wide musical palette

Nice Amanchu image, user

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewers head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

It's a cartoon, mate, why give a hoot

>he does have a wide musical palette

lel

because anti- Rick And Morty fags throw such an enormous shitfit of autism anytime somebody even references the show

then they go and jerk off over Game Of Thrones and Twin Peaks

His taste is more reliably-similar to mine than other reviewers, and most print-media reviewers are pretentious overly-political faggots who barely talk about the music itself anyway. He also just generally knows his shit.

>Reviews memes
>Supports Gamergate
>Is 32
Not to spoil the mood for ya, but his age is right when kids started growing up on the internet, so him being dick-deep in internet culture after growing up an and making a living off of it isn't exactly surprising

Rick & Morty is alright to be honest.

Not all of it works, but as a whole its mostly good.
Take my opinion with a grain of salt, I haven't seen all of it, and really only watch it when other people I'm around are watching it.

The only time I ever watch TV or movies on my own is if
>I'm tripping on acid

I'm talking specifically about nitpicking over >anime even though it's literally just a style of cartoon

2 hours late but why are you upset? Edge is nice sometimes, people are too fucking sweet lately.

Who said I do? I only ever watch him to laugh at his absolute shit taste and ignorance when it comes to metal.

I love how hysterical you retards get over people liking rick and morty. You claim to be contrarian and individualistic but at the same you are desperate to conform to the currently prevalent groupthink on here out of fear you will be labeled a redditor. It's hilarious.

name the anime, user

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tatami Galaxy
Kaiba
Cowboy Bebop
Maybe Bakemonogatari

>Neon Genesis Evangelion
tryhard and overrated. you could make a compelling case for it though.
>Tatami Galaxy
maybe. good show for sure
>Kaiba
havent seen it
>Cowboy Bebop
i agree
>Maybe Bakemonogatari
no way

Angel's Egg. Also has an amazing soundtrack album. Alternatively Ergo Proxy, Perfect Blue, Ghost in the Shell.

Thank you! I mean rock and hip-hop he's ok, but electronic he knows so little about I don't even know how is he capable of forming an opinion sometimes. Even he realised it at some point I think cause he rarely reviews elctronic music nowadays.

seems like a cool guy to hang out with

this, people who rag on Anthony probably have no friends

Please tell me you are stating this in a ironic manner.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

>implying Rick and Morty is intellectual
>implying that anime like Evangelion, Monster or Serial Experiments Lain doesn't exist

>not related to music in any way, and it's not that bad of a show, people only hate it because of the community surrounding it
>why is it a bad thing to support journalistic integrity
>also not related to music and it's also clearly a joke
>most critics are much older, so I don't see how that's relevant
I take him seriously because he has pretty good taste, and he's great at reviewing music. His very articulate and clearly has a great ear and points a lot of things out about albums I never previously realized that can make me see things differently. He also reviews a lot of music I wouldn't otherwise know about so he introduces me to a lot of music I end up liking a lot

>"Evangelion, Monster, Serial Experiments Lain, the list goes on..."

kys entry-level pseud

even the best anime is less intellectual than a decent western cartoon

thanks for justifying every 'over-rated' thing

>even the best anime is less intellectual than a decent western cartoon

elaborate

Because reddit likes it. Patricians will turn on literally anything the moment it becomes well received.

>the most recent season is the worst
>i got in when it was new
you're a hipster

Nice completely ironic pasta.

works this hard on bait

This is a pasta. I know Sup Forums is behind everybody but seriously.

>even the best anime is less intellectual than a decent western cartoon.

A real argument maybe?

My favorite thing about this pasta is the Rick and Morty is way way way way way more Justin Roiland's show than Dan Harmon's

I stopped taking him serious when he gave that album with the Brits making kpop a 9. His taste is shit.

He gave it an 8, not a 9.

also you should have stopped taking him seriously after this

he validates my music taste when no one else would! not RYM and NOT EVEN YOU, Sup Forums!

Rick and Morty is objectively great.

>supports gamergate

lolwut?

I recall back when gamergate was still a thing he was asked his opinion on it and said, quite accurately, that Sarkeesian was getting hate from the gaming community because she positioned herself as an outsider

yeah desu that album is a 5/10 at best

oh man you're HILARIOUS

Out of loneliness, his opinions may be shit but it's kind of like having a friend with a mutual interest

I'm not even joking, well I am, but I believe what I said. That album is not that good. The production is awful and most of the lyrics are quite lame. There are some great songs especially Runaway, but as a whole album it's not that good, and also if you completely stop taking a critic seriously because they have an opinion you disagree with, you're fucking retarded

He should actually review New Order - Movement.

he does though, his reviews are some of the most obscure things on the internet

Nobody takes reviewers seriously. All their views are purely opinion based. I guess some people like music that is VERIFIED HIPSTER COOLNESS, but they are fucking idiots with the depth of my piss puddle.

his taste is ok, and while i might not always agree with it, he at least tries to back his opinions up with some kind of reasoning
i also don't know anyone else who does music reviews in such a wide variety of genres (and ranging from small bands to pop stars) who does more in-depth reviews in a video/audio format

If you believe this, you have not listened to that album

>supports gamergate
I know this is Sup Forums, but exactly why is this bad?

are you serious

explain to me what gamergate is and why it was successful
oh wait it fucking wasn't

This
Also his meme review is obviously a joke. If it weren't for OP mentioning that, I would have taken the b8