How Pepe the Frog Became a Nazi Trump Supporter and Alt-Right Symbol

thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/26/how-pepe-the-frog-became-a-nazi-trump-supporter-and-alt-right-symbol.html

>Sup Forums’s Pepe the Frog meme was wildly popular among ‘normies’—until white nationalists decorated him with swastikas and gave him a Trump button.

>The green frog was behind the United States side of the metal fence at the country’s southernmost border, smirking and holding a Donald Trump campaign button up to his chin.

>A caricature of a Mexican couple—the man dressed in a sombrero and poncho, the woman with braided hair and an infant in her arms—looked out at him through the barricade and cried.

>Then the frog was someplace else entirely, this time covered in Nazi insignia: above his smirk, the phrase “SKIN HEAD” and a swastika; over his left eyelid, “14,” the numeric shorthand for “we must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children”; and over his right eyelid, “88,” which stands for “Heil Hitler.”

>And there the frog was yet again, standing at a lectern stamped with the presidential seal, a red tie hanging from his green neck, Trump’s iconic hair arranged on his head and an American flag at his back.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/1slgg
youtu.be/GDiOmviCq3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How can they hate on pic related?

It's a thing of beauty and perfection

Da fee wen nobody undrstmds Jew

Dump your Trump Pepes in this thread.

>how this thing happened
>just a list of the things that happened
I weep for our nation. I blame zukerberg.

Where were you when Sup Forums took pepe back from the normies?

Hot

Pepe and Moonman, both have joined forces with the alt-right. The cucks can't do anything about it.

>mainstream media keeps getting trolled
>mainstream media keeps having to talk about memes

It's great. I hope they never go back to reporting real news.

This isn't Pepe that they're posting though. It's PooPooPeePee.

I love that meme more than any other except for the muslim version. The look on their eyes, the tears. The smug pepe. It's absolutely perfect.

>became

Fucking normies

just cause I hate niggers,jews, and muslims doesn't make a nazi and a white nationalist

stop putting a label on me fuggggggggggggggg

>we have regained control of pepe

What is it with modern sites kicking my hardware into overdrive have some restraint fuck.

>It began in late 2015 on /r9k/, a controversial Sup Forums board where, as on any message board, it can be difficult to discern how serious commenters are being or if they’re just fucking around entirely.

When did shitposting become journalism?

these are great more like this

>taking a meme seriously
The lamestream media is a joke.

pepe is a toad you moran

We control all the meme magic now. As it should be.

ALL I HAVE

Found some, they're a bit weird

FEED ME BROTHER

Hahahahahahahhqhq

>quoting twatter user @jaredtswift

>popular among normies

Here's the archive, don't give those Qucks shekels

archive.is/1slgg

youtu.be/GDiOmviCq3U

>this entire article

I don't know of they are serious or just trolling. Glad that we took back pepe though.

Anyone have the one described in pic related ?

Pepe is incredibly interesting because of this. I think this is the only time Sup Forums has ever reclaimed one of its memes after it got out into the greater internet.

Aaaand yet another media outlet writing about Sup Forums

Lads, we are the only newsworthy thing worth talking about. Sup Forums has been prominently features 12 times by the 'mainstream media' this year alone.

Counting tabloids like buzzfeed and salon it triples that. We run this. We do. Why? Because we are far more interesting. How? Because we are honest men in a nation of liars.

We scream out loud what everyone else is thinking. And they can't get enough of us. Pol, do you know the adage of the dog and it's tail?

Why does the dog shake the tail Sup Forums? Because the dog is smarter than the tail.

If the tail were smarter than the dog,

then the tail would wag the dog

We are wagging the dog

My sides reading this article. I swear in 100 years political texts will have a Pepe section when referring to the 2016 election

Wag the fucking dog FUCK THESE PC KEKS WE WILL PREVAIL

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

also we were taking pepe back years and years ago, the normies are just now catching on to the fact that pepe existed at all let alone was nearly ruined by plebbit and then recovered at great cost and suffering (mostly by wojak)

fucking facebook meme pages are responsible for all that is bad in life

Negative ghostrider, pattern is full

We absolutely need the normies aping our culture. We have memed an entire president election. Sup Forums is wagging the dog like there is no tomorrow

this is what happens when the most marketed to, video game generation raised by single mothers grows up

Got one for someone who isn't an ant?

As someone who frequented /r9k/ right before he blew up and up to his peak popularity with normies everywhere, I could not be happier that he's come home where he belongs.

Srry no go ice man

TYYY

Who in the fuck are these glory faggs talking to the media about their huge accomplishments.

>claim to be shrewd and calculating about starting movements anonymously on Sup Forums.

>turn around and tell some reporter from the gayleebeast all about it.

either...

1. They are fucking idiots

2. They are shills making it up throwing in details like we work out together and go out for drinks, to make it sound more organic and real.

>On Jan. 7, Cheri Jacobus, a Republican consultant and pundit who is suing Trump for defamation and has been harassed by Trump supporters, tweeted, “The green frog symbol is what white supremacists use in their propaganda. U don’t want to go there.”

>#FrogTwitter considered Jacobus, the first prominent person to be duped, its first scalp and inundated her with ever more Pepe images and Trump memes, some of which were violent and sexually explicit.

My sides.

Wojak was part of your collective souls sacrificed to Kek to bring him back to the world, you didn't know what you were doing then. Sup Forums is literally devil worshipers

>froghole

That must be the hole my sides went tumbling down.

Please. Everyone rips off Sup Forums's original content like Pepe. Even Muppetts ripped it off with their own frog muppett that drives people.

mfw one time I painted Pepe from memory

He's a crawdad, not a frog.

> Olivia Nuzzi
> Nuzzi
> NAZI

oy vey

Dude, he is fucking trolling them. You couldn't read through all that bullshit?

>Now, we’ve pushed the Overton window. People have adopted our rhetoric, sometimes without even realizing it. We’re setting up for a massive cultural shift.
That's what's up.

there's no end to them

Fefe the Lobster?

Ty bro saving them all

/po/ is a board of peace.

a few more...

Princess points lol

>devil worshipers

Now this concept is part of the great cuckening of the West.

Magic is power, and those with power don't like to share. So they came up with the "Satanic" bogeyman to make normies automatically fear and hate magic.

The ivory tower of science functions as a trap for anyone who gets past the religion strategy.

BOOOOOOOO

Fucking autists, sometimes it's funny with trump, but all those disgusting pepe memes are degenerate as fuck, and who cares if it becomes mainstream lol

>oh no they stole our meme lets go full autism

THIS CAN'T BE REAL

shut up toothpaste flag

This.

>inb4 REEEEEE get off my board normies REEEEE Mcdonalds won't accept good boy points as currency

Fucking gold.

Fuck you

We had to recall pepe and upgrade him to Right Wing Death Squad edition pepe, so plebbit would be allergic to him.

They can ape that.

is it not clear that wojak is the white race, and kikes probably invented the whole meme to be subtly anti-white and you idiots are sucking it all up

witnessed

go away come back when you are 18 and educate us on your dumb ideas then

Spurdo>Pepe

Deal with it

Liberals are so tone-deaf that they keep repeating that, "...a future for white children" as an awful thing.

Srsly, omg a future for white children? SEND IN THE MARINES!

praise kek

I just couldn't after reading this add. all credibility thrown out the window.

The biggest problem with the article is that they totally ignore poopoopeepee. She says it started out with swatstikas when it actually started with pepe defecating/urinating. Also totally ignores that wojak is an integral part of the meme.