Windows 10 is faster, more reliant, more productive and more advanced than any linux desktop environment

Windows 10 is faster, more reliant, more productive and more advanced than any linux desktop environment.

The only thing that's pulling me to linux is the philoshopy & system security.

Do anyone agree?

Other urls found in this thread:

gentoo.org/downloads/
youtube.com/watch?v=VjGSMUep6_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Some times I like to shit in my own bed

Personally I really like Windows 10. Probably wouldn't switch to Linux for any reason.

Can't get this kind of sexiness on Windows

And it's certainly not slower than Windows

There's other ways to he edgy without resorting to a lesser tier OS.

How's the matrix, Neo?

No direct x

Trip dubs nice but also fuck you and get over yourself Linux sucks and a ten minute internet search will show you how to get 10 to look just as edgy as that

>filename
>LOGo

It really depends on what you do.

Had linux arch. Never going back. It takes too much time to do anything. Sure when you're in your teens and you have endless time it's fun. But it's much easier to just push "install" on shit in Windows or Mac os and it's over.

Windows is okay,(if you like spyware) but if you want to truly get a first hand experience in technology then stick with linux.

>faster
doubtful, it still seems to hit the disk hard for no apparent reason

>more reliant
forced updates and reboots, so no

>more productive
if you spend your days typing in Word, then possibly, but I can do that on a Linux box as well

>more advanced
nope, all the leading edge development is done in the Linux kernel these days, even taken network prototyping away from the BSD's

>than any linux desktop environment
and there are many, so this one really this is a stretch

Nothing connected to the internet is secure. That includes linux boxes

kys fgt

>comparing the customizability of windows to that of linux

Should have tried Gentoo lad!

>more productive
>more advanced
More productive how? no please give me the details

I mean, the Windows Desktop is more reliant in terms of that it's complete. e.g Gnome or KDE, which is widespread suffer to a lot of bugs and also they feel slower.

>faster, more reliant, more productive

I don't fucking think so TIM

Shit man that looks nice as hell. Wish I had the time and skills to dive in to Arch Linux.

Enjoy your cumbersome system jamming information sharing resource eating work in progress operating system... jackass.

More productive according to that it doesn't interrupt your workflow, u can just hit install for every program on this planet, and it'll work. No problems with dependencies or manual compiling.

What the hell? If you have a decent IQ then Linux is extremely comfy to set up, and use regularly. Hell at this point I would argue Ubuntu is even easier than windows 10.

>feel slower

every time i have to boot into windows I want to cut my eyeballs out its so much slower

Yet for a lot of software a simple command line in the Terminal will get you installed and ready to go without even using any GUI.

You can actually achieve the same thing on any distribution, you'd just have to switch from their default window manager to i3 or i3-gaps. Still have to mess with config files, though. Also the pic isn't my own system but I have something similar. Here's more good shit.

but what is a civilization without principles?

what is an OS without a philosophy?

that's exactly why I use linux. windows is simply a way to make money. linux operating systems are a way to use your computer.

>Using Arch Linux to look cool

>Gnome or KDE
Well, there's your problem.
I find I'm better off in CDE or even OLWM than those. Enlightenment is also awesome. If you just want to get shit done, then XFCE or LXDE will fit your needs. Hell, even FVWM is still alive.

Windows 10 killed my laptop.

It took two days to update and on the second day it over heated and died.

Thank you windows 10.

Yeah, with a lot of programs that works just fine, also i really appreciate that you can download it off trusted repositorys.

i need to throw my co outer out. Someone told me if I never want to make the computer usable again, just install gentoo
Is this correct?

Windows interrupts my workflow all the time. It's the only environment that is constantly in your face asking for attention, rather than fading into the background as it should.

>just install gentoo
>Is this correct?
nope. never has been.

You hardly ever will need to manual compile or deal with dependency conflicts on something like Ubuntu.

Also: compare "sudo apt install firefox" to the process of opening IE, searching for firefox, clicking download, opening an exe, and clicking through download steps.

Not to mention you don't get updates forced down your throat, and can update the whole system with one or two terminal commands.

Kek microsoft wins again!

Terminals cause major harm to many innocent people when used improperly. They should be banned like guns

Good enough for a novice I suppose.

Ooof I need to fuck with my distros harder. Is it worth to just install i3 or are there desktop environments that use it?

>buying a shitty laptop in the first place
be honest,how much did you pay for it?

Which desktop/wm ?

Been using Ubuntu (now with Gnome) for ten years. It's a love/hate relationship. I tolerate it, it tolerates me. Can't get any other distro to run on my lappie.

It was a Windows 8

I hardly gave a shit when I broke. But then later on I found I my hard drive corrupted and I wanted to die. All my photoshop, unity 3D, solid works, files were gone for ever.

To be fair ...

Its really not that hard to make sure you didn't include any errors while typing before executing code.
In my opinion you also learn more by breaking things and fixing them, but deleting the entire operating system can be a pain in the ass.

Learn to git.

Well as far as I know you just go with pure i3. It's pretty barebones and gross at first, but such is the price of customization. You can borrow the config files of other people online and just edit those if you're lazy like me. It takes a bit the first time around, but still easier than installing Arch.

I make music and edit videos. I wish I could switch to linux on my main pc, but I just can't, since ableton live, sony vegas and adobe after effects only run on windows or osx

Install an i7 quad core

>All my photoshop, unity 3D, solid works, files were gone for ever.
>using a computer (with ANY os)
>NOT MAKING BACKUPS
Your fault.

sudo rm -rf /*

sudo gpasswd -d username sudo
This blocks you from being able to delete the operating system ever again.

lmfao 300$ for a laptop
you didnt have any computer friends?
shit you coulda atleast walked into a staples or even a fucking best buy and told them to give it to you straight about computers

then you have the audacity to work with advanced programs on that thing?

That's the weakest lamest bait ever
I actually pity you

No, it just sounds like you've either never used Linux at all, or have MS cock so far up your ass it's coming out of your mouth.

Windows 10 isn't even an operating system, it's malware.

Agreed, similar problem here. I thought of using GPU Passthrough on a VM under linux. Unfortunately it's complicated to set up and my hardware doesn't support it.

You can dual boot and use linux for everything but switch to windows for windows-exclusive games.

Well i'm in the same situation. I don't wanna complicate things too much.
Maybe I'll drop kali linux with xfce on my laptop.
I'm in university so it will be an useful os for me

But the hackers are accurate with their typing. They cause harm. Terminals are weapons. Ban them.

Seems like a hassle since it will eat up a ton of space.
I was thinking of actually buying another hard drive to boot linux

Like a thumb drive?

What are you like secretly in love with Linux or some shit? No one is stopping you from going full apple, tard. IMO you should try leapfrog too.

Gentoo is the only OS worth using, yes it is a bit tough to get through the install. It is nothing but cake after that though.

Nah. Hard drive, or even a small ssd

If you're careful about making sure the partition's big enough for all your software like vegas and the base OS, you could probably restrict Windows to 50-100 GB and leave the rest for Linux. Assuming your hard drive is big enough to hold that and also have plenty of space for your main Linux setup.

You misspelled Temple OS.

Windows has extreme limitations with file management as it relates to productivity.
hell, it's almost 2018 and you still can't pin a window without a 3rd party app.

You have to install Gentoo bud it is the best OS ever, and your' computer will run faster than ever before!
gentoo.org/downloads/

Sarcasm is lost on you

Gentoo is like Giga-Arch. You're in for a hell of a ride if it's your first ever Linux distro but it could pay off in the long run. I dunno whether or not the optimization Gentoo makes possible is worth it though.

This is enough to make me hate w10

Fuckin' CIA niggers glow in the dark.

And no fucking workspaces!

Na... I’ll stick to my amigaOS

>Do anyone agree?

Win 10 is still faggot-stupid, MSFT remains essentially clueless, but compared to Win 8, Win 10 is a massive improvement.

It's just a little error. They sure do love collecting the info though kek

That's what I'm doing right now, but it's not a permanent solution. Every time you wanna do Video-Editing you'd have to boot a entire another System and got banged out of ur workflow

Amiga was decent, but Gentoo truly revolutionized linux, it made install times drop dramatically, and has to be one of the best the way it makes all hardware run like a raped ape.

It's not just that, who reports a critical system error with a fucking emoji

Hmmm... have you tried installing Gentoo?

I’m pretty sure this is bait at this point. But sure.

I mean for relatively new software, Amiga is decent.

Everyone knows glorious Red Star OS is better than both Windows and Linux

It wasn't even good sarcasm.
What will I do with linux on a stick? Shove it up my ass?
I know you can easily put linux on it, but transfer speeds are way too slow on flash drives.

Yes that’s why there is OSX. Pure unix underneath with a practical supported GUI on top. Not to mention Eligant package management system.

youtube.com/watch?v=VjGSMUep6_4

Again...the sarcasm.
(You can just boot from the usb...any other drives are available to you for read/writes....)

>What will I do with linux on a stick? Shove it up my ass?
I'm not that guy; but you shove it in a computer with a broken windows OS to recover files.
I've liberated 1000's of files from dead win machines using linux on a stick.

I'm afraid I can't let you do that Dave.

no? Debian (there are even more lightweight OSes) is lightweight, the reliability mainly is retarded like Winfags like you who don't know what they're doing and need to be told to stop.

However, it has more games, and is really the only reason why I use Windows.

Also, the cost of Windows and sometimes Microcunt's bullshit. Debian/linux is open source and free. I've never had any issue installing software

Debian is decent, not the fastest but pretty damn reliable.

IN other news water is dry.