/éire/ - /eire/

Dawn of the second day.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QOiQRkK1tyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=QOiQRkK1tyg

HAHAHAHAHA

Those who speak Irish are no more or no less Irish than those who don't.

Phew, that must mean I'm full Irish!
Thanks for the clarification mate :^)

Had a dream I murdered someone lads. Shot them in the heart.

Had a dream like that once. Killing him was fine, but then his body just kept drifting down the canal for ages and it freaked me out.
I'm usually the one getting murdered in my dreams though.

Prinz > Graf
Trust me, I'm an expert when it comes to German women.

Bury stands in flames.
Half the convoy sunk or disabled,
Heading back to the shore.
But below the north Atlantic,
On the bottom of the sea.
On the second night in the darkest hour,
The kriegsmarine return.

Those who speak English as a second language and anything but Gaeilge as a first language are the only true Irish desu.

Fug ¦:'O

>Corbyn won't condemn the IRA

Is he trying to lode the election?

>standing by his principles
Yes, he probably is trying to lose.

He did condemn them. The British nationalists issue is that his condemnation covered both IRA and loyalist violence rather than only singling out the IRA.

This is actually a direct quote
>”I condemn all the bombing by both the loyalists and the IRA.”

Just shows how the conservative media are pushing an agenda and how many people will only read and believe headlines. I read the Telegraph article and they very carefully used the ambiguous and subjective term "unequivocally" to avoid being libel. Without that word their headline is false and fake news but people reading it accept its meaning as the same without the word as this user did Although personally I hope the tories won by a landslide with the help of their bubble xenophobic media. A hard and uncompromising brexit serves my interest in a cultural separation from the UK and moves us culturally closer to mainland Europe.

Brit media is fucking mad. Remember when they made it sound like Spain was trying to declare war when they wanted to take part in talks involving Gibraltar? It's honestly more sensationalist than American media.

He condemned the violence of the paramilitaries but not the entirety of the IRA. It's not a case of being libellous because the headline is technically and factually correct.

It's very strange. I'd expect it from the tabloids but even most of their broadsheets over there is at that sort of carry on. All of them with the same British superiority complex.

What are you gonna do for the rest of the day lads?

I would say condemnation of the violence caused by a self confessed army is equivocal to condemnation of the IRA. Were there non violent activities conducted by paramilitaries that don't fall into the overlapping field of political republicanism or activism?

>Dawn of the second day.
What is this a reference to?

Writing a will and preparing for the worst as I have to go to Blanchardstown tomorrow.

wouldn't try too hard to understand the frog's sycophants
weird cunts

I might go outside if the weather clears up. Also will probably catch up on LWA, I'm only 3 episodes behind.

Majora's Mask. Also Froggy's back in Ireland in two days.

Has he ever said if he worked in a large multinational company or a smaller Irish business?

>Were there non violent activities conducted by paramilitaries that don't fall into the overlapping field of political republicanism or activism?
How can you be so wilfully obtuse?

If a British politician with aspirations to be PM can't outright condemn the actions of a separatist movement like the IRA they're a fool and the electorate isn't going to respond well to it at all. It's equivalent to a politician here condemning the Black and Tans without outright disagreeing with the political motivations behind their deployment and tacitly supporting them, which Corbyn seems to.

I'd imagine a multi-national if he was transferred to France.

Stupid bleeding Clondalkin rats

*grabs you by skinny little crumlin chicken neck*
say it again

It could also be an Irish company with a French partner/subsidiary.

You'd certainly need to be willfully ignorant to observe "I condemn all the bombings by the IRA" as some sort of soft stance on the organisation.
I also don't think the English people are as protective of Northern Ireland as you claim. Many would be happy to be rid of it.

I wonder because I work for a multi-national in Cork with a branch in France who offers opportunities to switch for a period. It occurred to me there were similarities when he described what working back home was like. I'll be interested to know if he names the place in France he was in or at least rules out a specific place.

I don't think he'd like us speculating.

>You'd certainly need to be willfully ignorant to observe "I condemn all the bombings by the IRA" as some sort of soft stance on the organisation.
You're obviously not familiar with his association in the past with Irish Republicanism.

>I also don't think the English people are as protective of Northern Ireland as you claim. Many would be happy to be rid of it.
No, but the motivations of the IRA and SF are anathematic to them. Which is why, like above, his apparent tacit support with those motivations are mindbloggling if he expects the British electorate to respond well to them.

>I wonder because I work for a multi-national in Cork with a branch in France who offers opportunities to switch for a period
Are you sure he's from Cork though? I only ever remember it being narrowed down to Munster, and even then he neither confirmed nor denied it.

>I'll be interested to know if he names the place in France he was in or at least rules out a specific place.
I doubt it. He seems very wary of being doxxed.

>Are you sure he's from Cork though? I only ever remember it being narrowed down to Munster, and even then he neither confirmed nor denied it.
I'm not but one of his orbiters insisted he was. I bow to their greater knowledge on that one and presume they have their facts correct.

>I doubt it. He seems very wary of being doxxed.
I just want a yes/no to a specific city. If we do work in the same place and reveal too much we're both getting doxxed which wouldn't be ideal.

How many of you cunts actually work, are you really all NEETS?

I'm currently employed but desire to be NEET. When my patience with wageslavery gives in I will realise the dream once more.

Maidin mhaith, a chairde. Ar chodail sibh go maith aréir?

He's very familiar with Cork and uses it as an example quite a lot.
I think there was something he posted during his stay at Christmas that ousted him as being from Cork but I can't remember what it was.

>Not chronicling all his comments in the book of Frog

I'm a NEET. It's shite and I don't like it but the contrary is untenable to me. The idea of compulsory employment where you HAVE to work fills me with an apprehension and dread that I can't get over. I'm clueless as to how people do it. I know a responsible adult needs the money to survive and I'm just childish but the thought of getting up every morning and revolving my life around a monotonous and routine schedule of habitual labour while under someone else's supervision is soul destroying. I'd feel like I was wasting my life, to be obligated to continuously prioritize my unappreciated time and effort for someone else and I wouldn't be able to motivate myself to do it.

Also I'm an incompetent retard with no idea what I want to do, and never have, and no education or skills who fucks everything up so no one would want to employ me. I wish I had the clarity of thought to have some sort of aspiration. Self-employment where I have no schedule or feel compelled or obligated to work would be ideal to me but I have nothing to employ so I guess I can just continue on doing nothing, but the ship has really already sailed for me to get my act together.

Proud NEET here. Never even had a real job.

Please stop describing me.

life revolving around work is a saxon-prod invention
true gaels live their lives in the wilderness of the internet all day

I get
but why are you proud to be a NEET, does it not make your family sad? Are you not sad?

Debate on Liveline about flying the Union flag.

>the thought of getting up every morning and revolving my life around a monotonous and routine schedule of habitual labour while under someone else's supervision is soul destroying. I'd feel like I was wasting my life, to be obligated to continuously prioritize my unappreciated time and effort for someone else and I wouldn't be able to motivate myself to do it

I'm exactly the same. I never understood growing up why people took summer jobs or evening jobs or why people in college were arranging for employment in advance to start a week after exams ended. It never made sense to me how unemployed people during the recession became depressed from not having a structure or routine in life and how so many would seek to work for free to get that back.
It was as if all those people had a compulsion to work separate to money that I never possessed and I've never understood it. Money is nice but time has always been more valuable, time and the freedom to spend it as I wish has always been what I live for and what motivates me for everything I do.
I do manage to work but it's stressful and saps my soul and energy as each day passes by. The only way I can keep going is knowing that I will quit some day and have my freedom back for a few months or years and those will be a happy time for me again.
I do pay for myself when unemployed so don't go through those feelings of guilt or uselessness but I do think there's something fundamentally broken with corporate society and the life commitment expected from employees. If not then there's something broken in me for not being enticed to that.

I'm not really proud, I just thought that sounded better than just "NEET here".

>does it not make your family sad?
Don't know, don't care. We're not exactly close.

>Are you not sad?
I have many other things to be sad about. Besides, I have a feeling work would only make me more miserable.

In what context?

Whatever happened to the lad who was working off the books a few months ago who quit it all to become NEET?

Is it about whether they should ignite it before or after putting it up?

unemployed but getting a job in a few days to raise money to go visit my gf, hurray for motivation

I'm listening to it.

It's just the flag of another country, if there is a scenario deemed appropriate to fly it by someone as a gesture or whatever then I don't see the issue. We wouldn't have a problem flying the French flag for instance.

What do you think?

those who only speak irish and have forgotten english due to having a stroke are more irish than those who do not

here
hoping to hold on to being NEET for another 2 months at least

good lad. enjoying yourself?

i don't work atm, but i go to school and will start working in like a month so i'm not a NEET

nah I'm bored out of me hole
better than working though I just need to do something a bit more productive

Can you speak any other languages

Why do you ask?

Awks. Meant to delete your post number. It was a general question for everyone

>awks

i've got decent german and can read the cyrillic alphabet.
that's about it though.
also
>awks

Totes awky mo-mo XD

Is it right to fly it here. Some guy who had a hotel received bad Facebook reviews from flying one.

I don't really have an issue with flying it. Pity so many of the people that called in against the man sound like idiots.
Do think the presenter and RTÉ in general have an anti-republican agenda though.

Some lady called herself "Anglo-Irish". What the fuck is Anglo-Irish?

Enable hotkeys in settings and press q instead.

>What the fuck is Anglo-Irish?
A term that hasn't meant anything since independence. It was for people like Wellington to say "yes I'm from Ireland but I'm not a filthy Fenian savage."

I admire your ability to work desu despite how you feel. Wish I had your resolution.

The best way to show separation is to identify the UK as an entirely foreign entity and treat them no different to any other country. It's unfortunate some people can't progress that far and are stuck in the mindset of feeling defined by Britain.

>Pity so many of the people that called in against the man sound like idiots.
That's LiveLine for you.

>Do think the presenter and RTÉ in general have an anti-republican agenda though.
Philip Boucher-Hayes could probably qualify as Anglo-Irish or West British by some people's definition.

You should try 3rd level education. If the topic is something that interests you it doesn't feel like a chore. Learning things is interesting and is motivating since it aids self improvement. Schedules are also very loose so it never feels as if you're required to do certain things at certain times. I never had the same hangups with it as I did with work, at least.

Good post.

>the best way to have an identity is to forget your history
No.

What job if you don't mind me asking

Not to be defined by your history is different to forgetting.

t.slut

>Not to be defined by your history is different to forgetting.
So it's rejecting history rather than abandoning it. Great.

rude

By that logic being defined by events which happened decades ago is rejecting the present.
Hatred is a wasted emotion, it's best to get over it.

Hatred is an amazing emotion fuck you.

a guy my aunt knows says he could offer me a job stocktaking for a few hours a day while college is off, minimum wage but i'll take it

You're free to spend your life in resentment towards people who are long dead because of things they did that happened before you were born if that really makes you happy.
I'd rather move on with mine.

No interview? lucky shite. I've got one soon but I can't fucking stand interviews I'm in a similar situation. I'm saving to visit somebody.

>By that logic being defined by events which happened decades ago is rejecting the present.
The present is not a thing without a past.

>Hatred is a wasted emotion, it's best to get over it.
That means nothing. And hatred isn't necessary to remember history, or a reason not to.

/shtate/

wtf my boss saw this and I'm neet now

why does he do this?

I honestly think he might be a downie or something.

Money on the Tories getting 50%+ of the vote and Bertie to become President. Rate me.

He'll never be President. People aren't that stupid. Right?

No, people are very stupid.

>Fianna Fáil is DONE! They'll never come ba-...

>not banking on the inevitable o'dea surge

lil

>Although personally I hope the tories won by a landslide
>A hard and uncompromising brexit serves my interest
The notion that the size of the conservative majority post-election is going to have any bearing whatsoever on the negotiating position of the U.K. in relation to, or the outcome of, the Brexit deal is the biggest meme going this election cycle. The E.U. doesn't give a shit about how many MPs the Tories get: it's just a really shitty excuse the Tories have given to hold the election and to try and grab votes.

Polls in the last few days have shown a drop in support for the Tories.
There was talk that if she didn't win a huge majority she could be ousted. Do you think this could happen?

Next president? No hope that he'd run. Maybe in 2025.

It's not a meme. There is division within the conservatives over Brexit and May fears a backbench revolt over the specifics of the brexit deal would deny their majority since it is so slender. A larger majority would give the wiggle room so that small revolts wouldn't matter.

I very much doubt it. While the Tories have dropped in the polls recently and Labour have made some gains (mostly to do with the dementia tax proposal in the Tory manifesto) they're still behind by about 10%, which is much more than they were ahead by when they won the last election. Besides, even if they were to drop even more in the polls, they'd still probably still win at least the same number of seats as last time because of the swing constituencies that have gone their way.

It's a shame because, in a way, this is the most genuine choice voters in the UK have had in a long time because there are now very clear distinctions between the two main parties and their policies, so it would be better if it were a little more closely contested so that, for example, May couldn't refuse to take part in TV debates.