Just watched V for Vendetta last night, and i tought, hey finally a god damn movie i could enjoy

Just watched V for Vendetta last night, and i tought, hey finally a god damn movie i could enjoy.
Lot of shit movies these days, so called blockbusters are less than shit, most marvel movies baaaah....
I get really fucking angry if i watch a movie and have to quit it after 30 or 40 mins cause it SUCKS.

I know here on /b lot of people have similar and good taste in movies like me, i watched a loot of good films cause i got interested reading about them here....

So once again, recommend US some good shit to watch

A few of my favs: Paprika, Itchi the Killer, Oldboy, Wind River, Enemy at the Gates, Goksung, Cheaper by the Dozen, Spun, etc

Sharknado

Gay

OP here, my ex bitch gf forced me to watch this SHIT, thats when i tought i have to really loose that bitch

Just the first 5 though. After that it got silly

You sould like a reasonable, well adjusted person.

should like, or sound like

Sound, and no not really

here is a must watch for you:

Mind Game

"American History X" or a good recent one is "Get Out", "We Were Soldiers" are three epic films.

OP here, american X ofkoz, epic movie, have seen it a dozen times, had a lot of skinhead friends a few years ago, good times.

i watched Get Out, i cant grasp why its called epic by so many... overrated

Paprika was a drug trip without drugs. SOA

Sauce?

it would be cool without all the forced sex scenes

Sansho The Bailif, The Man With movie Camera, There Will Be Blood, Heat, Sans Soleil, A Matter of Life and Death, Sherlock Jnr, The Cameraman, City Lights, Unforgiven, Akira, The Passion of Joan of Ark, The Gospel According to St Matthew, 8 1/2, Apocalypse Now, Stalker, Solaris, Through a Glass Darkly, Winter Light, Zatoichi, Seppuku, Shadows of Our Forgotten Ancestors, Beau Travail, Kill List, The Descent, Suspiria, The Wild Bunch, The Assasination of Jesse James, Children of Men, Rashamon, Andrei Rublev, Mullholland Drive, Don't Look Now, Rear WIndow, Paris Texas, The Insider, Punch Drunk Love, La Jetee, My Dinner with Andre, Gattaca, A History of Violence, Videodrome, The Thing, Miami Vice, A.I, Catch Me if You Can, Se7en, Zodiac, Casablance, The Third Man, Whiplash, Sunset Boulevard, LA Confidential, both Blade Runners, Festen, Antichrist, Dogville, Ikiru.

that was weird and good

Nah - was shit

>Cheaper by the Dozen
...... ?

For a newcomer film it was about as good as it could get. I thought it held its own with most "GOD' like directors. It was different, good plot and even though it was a little lacking, there was something good about the film.

>hey finally a god damn movie i could enjoy.
kek, it's a fucking cringefest

Who are these God-like Directors you speak of?

Crazy-weird movie. Liked it

GTFO

Sa great fuckin movie

established ones, like Spielberg or Tarantino etc ones people often see as god like or having the midas touch with movies.

this must be bait

lol, the cringe.

Sup Forums wouldnt accept this faggotry

I actually think that Spielberg is wholly overrated as a director.

Overrated

Well at least you revealed yourself to be a complete dildo

Saw it, look at the great comments on Hulu about it. Fucking LCDs couldn't wrap their heads around it.

But seriously, you might as well just called the film 4th wave feminism.

Hidden, The White Ribbon, Funny Games, McAbe and Mrs Miller, Red River, Ulzana's Raid, Cool Hand Luke, Neon Demon, The Wicker Man (UK), Let the Right one in (Sweden), The Turin Horse, Mad Max: Fury Road, Mad Maz: Road Warrior, Annie Hall, Before Sunset, Before Sunrise, Before Midnight, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Sonatine, Hanna Bi, Dredd, Jules et Jim, Alphaville, Ls Chinoise, Rome Open City, The Ladykillers (UK), Fargo, Barton Fink, Miller's Crossing, A Serious Man, Into The Abyss, Capturing the Friedmans, Shaun of the Dead, Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, Hunger, Sexy Beast, Pan's Labyrnth, We Need to Talk About Kevin, The Wind that Shakes the Barley, The Conversation, Cosmopolis, Hiroshima Mon Amour, Pierrot Le Fu, The Social Network, War of The Worlds, Hunger, Moon, Ghost Dog, Ran, One Upon a Time in America, Once Upon a Time in The West, Pale Rider, The Outlaw Josey Wailes, The King of Comedy, Raging Bull, The Servent, The Go-Between, The Sound Barrier, Weekend, 2 or 3 Things I KNow About Her, Rope, Marnie, Peeping Tom, Mystic River, Vertigo

>>Tarantino is a bad joke

Great movie

Excellent

Incorrect

Loved that

Welcome to 2005, faggot. Lemme guess... You still sat down to pee 12 years ago?

don't know where you got that from. It's more do with grief, depression and Neetcha - the break down of all order and how you can never know a person. Hence "chaos reigns" and all the faceless people at the end

Good shit

Try something non american,

Jagten,
The Handmaiden,
Martyrs,
Kokuhaku.
Old Boi,
>Memories of Murder, my personal favorite!
A bittersweet life,
Los Cronocrimenes,
The Good, The bad and the Weird.

>I get really fucking angry if i watch a movie
Any sentence starting with this is a red flag that you should reassess your priorities. It's a movie, user. They didn't kill your whole family in a blood feud.
>getting angry because something doesn't live up to expectations
Your life must suck. GLHF

Martyrs :/ Hard fuckin work that

Op here gif is Paprika

wow wtf lot of weird shit gets posted here, most of it i have already seen.

Note to There will be blood, genius acting on that story. as crazy as i am

I doubt you've seen most of what them long lists were - soz if so

What movie were you watching? It was about females being the literal devil when they don't fall in line behind man. Witches / demons - all pale in comparison to the cold calculating devices of a pretty face with no emotions. "Chaos Reigns" was but one aspect of the natures (misaligned). Natures want man and woman to work together. However, the woman in this case, spent all her time researching the occult and feminism through the ages, growing to hate what mankind has done to woman. So what does she do? She kills the male child she bore, and sabotaged her arrogant and greedy husband. She is the very fear of man, the anti-christ isn't the devil, but merely a woman that turns on her natural role, chaos reigns indeed.

OP here, i really dont understand why lot of ppl are posting shit sci fi movies here. sci fi genberally sucx unless its a sci fi horror or sci fi comedy

Am I missing out I never watched this and my dad said I should

Hmmm. Some interesting points. I do not, however, see it primarily as a film about gender battles, but more of a film about meaning in general and how one deals with grief after a trauma. She spins out on that thinking - "nature is Satan's church" etc. cos that's herreasearch thesis. She flip-reverses her opinions on Gynocide through blame and self-hate - hence the self genital mutilation. It's moe about radicalisation (to use a contempory term) through trauma. To me that's the overarching idea of the film. To pin it down nto a singular issue like gender takes the head off the film for me. Take what you want from it though

Yeah. And the new one is good too

you'll be in for a treat when you turn 16 and can finally go try for your driver's license.

OP here por que ? turning 35 soon.

There is no doubt those themes play out through the movie. But, look at real grief when someone loses a child, and how these two react, almost as if it didn't happen.

1st clue there's something a miss.

And well spoilers for
SPOILERS ---
-
-
-
The problem of grief starts to reverse when you think about the little glimpses of what she was doing in the past. IE> the slow torture, the "hobbling of man" remember the shoes on the wrong feet, the confinement to a playpen despite being quite a bit old for it, and finally, the item to attract one's attention toward a purposely unlatched window. Watching willing the entire time.

She murdered. I don't believe it was self-hate, that drove her to mutilation personally. That's open to interpretation. But, you could make the argument it was self sacrifice- or even defense,
"women can say they were in danger and bat their eyes to get away with anything with but a shred of proof".

Op confirmed autist

Haha, yeah these comments make me wonder if people are stupid or if the film isn't that good.

This

No, I don't follow. I think it was a general self-hate that led to her negligence in the opening scene - even the previous manifestation as you say - that women are evil, unconciously internalised by her research, maybe, that then detonates when she actually does hate herself.

If you want to interpret that as an oppresive male/female thing, then sure - the husband's arrogance to treat her and adherance to his logical interpretation of events would deffo back that up. I think you have a point.

BUT, I think it's more about madness generally. In the movie, it's not Her that sees the fox, it's Him. It's He that sees the faceless peeps at the end. It's non-gender-specific in it's comentary on the loss of meaning, it manifests through Her and her self-image as a woman under logical Him, but it also manifests in Him. The ending isn't triumphant. It's him confused as fuck, realising thet his meaning-mechanism has broke down and he can't "recognise" anyone.

I think you raised a lot of points there and you made me reconsider the strength of the gender politics in the film.

As you can see from the actual debate unfolding in this thread, it's best to watch it yourself and make your own mind up. It's not exactly a crowd pleaser. Kinda crazy, extreme violence, lot of confused symbology and unresolved ideas. Not for the mainstream - obviously.

Not for the mainstream!? What was hulu thinking~?

Don't understand if this sarcasmic or not. Ama Brit - don't watch Hulu

Hulu is a streaming service, so you'd think they'd all be on the main stream, not one of those side streams.

Friendly reminder that current mods and janitors are literal wastes of space.

Where to watch free?

Yes, his character had me question the meaning and motive more than anything else in the film. At first I thought he was the sympathetic connection character. The identifier. But, the problem with that, is if you do, you have to ignore his own implicit guilt and association with the entire act happening. I think many people did this and got stuck in the physical and immediate struggle of the film.

He sees the fox, but if you think about she already knew about it. He saw the deer, the fox, and the bird. She "didn't see" any of them, but constantly referred to them.

---

Gonna pause this line of thought, and just mention that reading a little background, Mr. V Trier was suffering through clinical depression at the time. And, I sometimes wondered if the film was his way of trying to describe the emotions and conflict his brain and body were having. Maybe not the whole scene, but just the powerful ideology when it comes to self harm, I've personally witnessed people struggle through when fighting depression and your own mind turns on you.

---
That said, I have my own views of the film, but I'm not the person that made them, I'm just convinced of some aspects. For the end, that's a good point you made about his own sanity might be rendered distraught at best= unable to literally recognize people. I might have to rewatch it.

Anyway, good discussion, I almost thought I was on /bant/ and not b.

>Anyway, good discussion, I almost thought I was on /bant/ and not b.

Ditto. Me too. Might have rewatch it myself.

>Gonna pause this line of thought, and just mention that reading a little background, Mr. V Trier was suffering through clinical depression at the time. And, I sometimes wondered if the film was his way of trying to describe the emotions and conflict his brain and body were having. Maybe not the whole scene, but just the powerful ideology when it comes to self harm, I've personally witnessed people struggle through when fighting depression and your own mind turns on you.

Yeah - Think that's true. LVT also said he doesn't really understand all the symbology in the film and a lot of it - the Three Beggers etc. - were manifestatins of his unconciousness and through a Shamanic ritual he did.

I can understand why peeople get pissed with the film , but I agree with LVT to be honest. He was depressed and this what he came up with. Not for him to explain

v for vendetta is a piss poor adaptation of the original comic by alan more. alan himself has expressed how shitty that move was

The original comic sucked. Alan Moore is completely wrong.

Boring ass shit and not even good, overrated af

She: A crying woman is a scheming woman.

She: When the three beggars arrive someone must die

You gotta remember it in the context man.

Sure by today's standards it ain't shit.

But back then that was pushing the envelope.

And it helped get Reagan shot so it can't be that bad.