TEBOW HIT ANOTHER ONE

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ColaFireflies/status/851161772165914625
youtube.com/watch?v=y9dQTL7bxyc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

twitter.com/ColaFireflies/status/851161772165914625

Yay

who?

The angels will trade for him in a few weeks.

cap it

B L E S S E D

>wins playoff game in first season as staring QB
>constantly hits fingers in the majors
Is Tebow, dare I say, the modern Bo Jackson?

I'll start watching boreball if it has Tebow Time desu

He's better because he's white

time for tripleA

Who is this Tebow dude?

what did she mean by this?

Tebow gonna win the Mets a ring!

Tebow time 2: the baseball boogaloo is going to be amazing

tim tebow plays baseball now?

He's with the NY Mets AA league team. Above him is AAA and finally MLB.

>mest make playoffs
>bottom of the 9th
>game is tied
>Tim "blessed prophet" Tebow to pinch hit for the pitcher
>500ft dinger
>skip bayless sends shannon a picture of him smiling
TEBOW TIME

based american sports. tim just wanted an excuse to get fat and still make dem millions playing "sport".

I like his swing desu

>millions

soon. yankees will sign him and give him a dose of the arod medicine and make him GOAT.

sweetest swing since Junior Griffey desu

Dude has a legit swing. I wonder if he can ever make it to the bigs.

Low A actually.

nice

UNLEASH

>AA

no, he's shit and a non-prospect, Columbia is the Mets low-A ball affiliate, he's playing against kids right out of rookie ball from last year

Yeah. He's got zero chance of making it. He's improved his swing some, but he's a couple of months away from 30 and when he did face competent pitching in Spring Training, he got annihilated. Hit .148.

Next draft, the Mets will have dozens of new outfield prospects and the draft after that and so on.

By the time he's even ready to consistently make contact with AAA pitching (not a guarantee he's ever ready), he'll be 33-34. Even high draft picks sometimes have to spend 2 or 3 years in the minors.

He's got some pop, but nothing else. I expect him to finish the season ~200 average and a sub-600 ops.

It's an obvious money making scheme, Tebow makes money off publicity, and the Mets make money off ticket sales for otherwise uninteresting games. He has no chance of actually making the big leagues, and I think everyone involved knows this.

Nobody really gets hurt in this whole situation, except for the hypothetical last round draft pick that gets cut because Tebow took his place.

redpill me on the d league
is it easier to hit home runs because pitchers are kinda shit?

juicy legs desu

Yeah. Tebow is facing 19 and 20 year old 20th round prospects.

FWIW, Tebow's teammates have beaten up on that team's pitching even more.

I'll still give him props, though. But I don't see this level of production lasting.

Where can I get a Tebow Fireflies jersey?

I guess? Obviously major leaguers would have more success in AA because they'll be facing shitters.

But there's actually some evidence starting a couple years ago that it's easier to hit home runs the big leagues. They use a different baseball which seems like it might be juiced, home runs have been way up throat couple seasons and a lot of players who have made the jump to the majors from the minors have had previously unseen home run surges.

Also there's like 7 different levels in minor league baseball, tebow is in the 2nd highest one now, AA. So they aren't that bad anymore but still miles worse than MLB, just like a 3rd division soccer league I guess.

>throat
Wew, *the last

Wait shit he's not in AA. I just read that in the thread and assumed it was true. He's in low A ball. That's the 4th level of the minors he sucks lmao

He's A, which is the fourth highest in the Mets system
He still has to get through St. Lucie (high A) where he will likely get some time.
Then it's a question of if he even gets a callup to Binghamton (AA) then the biggest longshot is AAA (Las Vegas)
But if he gets to Binghamton then Vegas could be possible
MLB would require him getting onto the 40 man roster somehow

Send based Tebow to the Major Leagues NOW

That's so cool that you actually have more home runs in the big leagues, wouldn't have guessed it myself.

>4th level of the minors
Shit I said d league because I was thinking of basketball but I thought he was playing in a more advanced league than that. But hey more power to Tebow if he's doing something he enjoys

I was watching ESPN talk about how he's "not taking somebody's dream, he's just taking the spot of somebody who wouldn't make it".

Which to me seems like a statement more terrible than either extreme. I'm of the "Whatever the business thinks will profit" camp, so I fully support the Tebow Train. But that one guy whose spot he is taking, its not that he wouldn't ever make it and that you're killing his dream, its that minor league still pays some bank and that guy has to look for work somewhere else. Seems like an incredible lack of empathy to an unemployed man to have the specific view of "Its okay because its not killing a dream". Its okay because of the freedom of the Mets to do their business, but saying the spot belongs to Tebow doesn't mean you have to give up empathy.

A basketball equivalent would be like high school basketball or something.

NBA=MLB
NCAA DIV 1/Euroleague=AAA
Euroleague DIV 2: AA
Chinese League: A+
High school: Low A.

nah all levels of A ball are basically the same

When is he gonna be the Mets #1 prospect?

well they are the best hitters, so it makes sense.

you'll very rarely see a guy hit 40 or even 30 home runs in the minors while it's fairly common in the majors. MLB season is longer which plays a role but if you have that kind of consistent power in the minor leagues you're probably good enough to hit in the majors.

TYBT

And the shitty thing is Tebow did nothing on field to deserve the shot.

He had a public workout. Signed. And then promptly put into the Arizona Fall League, where he was the worst player in the league.

Mets give him some Spring Training run. He bats .148, only hits being singles.

He's indeed "hot" right now, but he's still hitting .231 (I know it's all about OPS, but it still shows he's having trouble making consistent contact for basehits).

Once they learn how to definitively pitch to him, it's probably over.

Still, all the credit to him for not being a total waste of time so far and getting a hold of a couple of bombs, but it won't last.

It would've been a better story if he worked his way through some Indy leagues for a year and then got picked up.

>that swing

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS HIM

>in the majors
'no'

This is the same bullshit people said about NFL tebow. "hes not good, this is why" and yet, all he did was win. Now all he does is hit homers. Fuck the tebow haters. He constantly blows them out and its hilarious.

3 for 13 on the season against high school caliber kids kek

>all he does it hit homers.

He's 3-13 with 5 strikeouts

those digits don't lie

They've only played 4 games and he's still hitting .230. That's pretty good considering how every analyst out there was saying he had zero chance of making it past short season single A ball and he hasn't even played full time since high school

SKEEEEEEEP

The fucking British press covered Tebow because of these

They barely even cover the WS yet this got a full editorial from the mail on sunday

TEBOQ TIME

youtube.com/watch?v=y9dQTL7bxyc

does he really have a good swing or y'all just memeing?

fuck off faggot

no u

Is that a regulation size pitch? Looks pretty small to me. Reckon I could smash a few over the fence. EZ

Faster pitching=easier homers tbb

No you couldn't

>ESPN keeps calling it a a "minor league affiliate"
>check it out
>it's fucking single A

has to work on his timing and fielding but damn that swing is legit

>columbia fireflies
>class a minor league
wooooow

that is, by definition

yeah, but ESPN is clearly choosing their words carefully to make it seem more impressive.

meanwhile, if it was AAA they would emphasize that instead of calling it a "minor league affiliate", some failed football player hitting home runs in the Sally league is not newsworthy.

I hit 6s in cricket all the time. A far more difficult feat than luckswinging a ball against these part timers

At what point do atheists say "okay maybe I was wrong"?

This swing a dime a dozen

His swing is pleasant to look at but all you have to do is throw him something high in the zone and he was pop out every at bat.

He's in A for a reason.

Hevwould have to win the World Series.

The absolute madman

Posts like this killed espee

Why is this thread still here?

It's Tebow time