Firefox is back baby. 57 is a god send. Super fast, and efficient once again...

Firefox is back baby. 57 is a god send. Super fast, and efficient once again. Old firefox got slow and laggy all the time. Thought it was just my weak laptop.

We need to takeback the internet from Google. Firefox is just 6% of browsers, but Chrome is 58%.

mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/the-americans-trump-betrayed-by-courting-big-money-donors/482025/
articles.chicagotribune.com/2004-10-28/news/0410280265_1_donald-trump-soros-fund-management-blackacre-institutional-capital-management
businessinsider.com/jared-kushner-ties-george-soros-goldman-sachs-peter-thiel-1-billion-loan-2017-5
foxbusiness.com/features/2017/05/03/kushners-partners-include-goldman-and-soros-wsj.html
wsj.com/articles/trump-adviser-jared-kushner-didnt-disclose-startup-stake-1493717405
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't know if this is a scam or not.
Firefox has been a fucking honey pot for like 5 years.
And it's super fucking slow and laggy now.
But I heard the new update absolutely destroys all addon support. So if it harms noscript, I'm out.

>once again.

Version 52.5.0, first offered to ESR channel users on November 14, 2017

Stupid linux.

>noscript
>not honey pot

HAHHAAHAHAHAHA

umatrix motherfucker

>Firefox has been a fucking honey pot for like 5 years.

{{citation needed}}

>And it's super fucking slow and laggy now.

That's what 57 fixes. It's currently faster than Chrome.

>But I heard the new update absolutely destroys all addon support.

Because of the massive re-writes which were neccesary. You can't have it both ways.

>So if it harms noscript, I'm out.

Noscript has been updated for 57.

I want Firefox 2.
Remember when it took like 2 years for them to get from v1 to v2?

hey, does someone know how can i use greasemonkey/tampermonkey/anythingmonkey with javascript disabled in firefox quantum? for some reason it doesn't work without javascript, but it works for previous versions

>Remember when it took like 2 years for them to get from v1 to v2?

Blame Chrome. They first adopted the idea of making each version a fully new number. Firefox then felt it had to compete becaause bigger numbers = more advanced in idiots thinking.

New one is Ok, main annoying bit is not being able to go directly to clear history.

How the HELL did they reach 57 so fast? I still remember when they were like on 8.

Its always been slow as hell had to jump ship years ago.

>New one is Ok, main annoying bit is not being able to go directly to clear history.

ctrl + shift + del

My regular Firefox updated to this by itself earlier on today.
Haven't noticed any difference at all other than the way it looks.

>giving money to Antifa
fuck you

>Its always been slow as hell had to jump ship years ago.

That's what 57 fixes. They had to do a near full re-write of everything.

>filename
>LOGo

doesn't seem that much faster, but the death of themes is a royal pain in the ass.
i want my lavafoxV2 back god dammit

Themes were fucking stupid.

Why the fuck doesn't FireFTP work anymore?

it is good but extenstions not compativile just yet so...

Damn update destroyed my favorite image file downloader extension and it likely won't come back.

XPCOM was an interesting idea from when Netscape was thinking all enterprisey, but kind of a shit. The idea behind what eventually became 57 was to de-COM-taminate the codebase.
>tfw mozilla is AOL returning to the womb

They're heavily re-writing the engine. As such addon breaks are to be expected. You can't have fast speed and addons. Something has to give. The addons will be updated in due time.

I downloaded it, I can't even watch live streams on it

Soros is a major investor in Firefox. Don't do it

poltards are such paranoid fools.

I'm watching UFC right now fucktard. It auto-blocks flash which is a good thing in general, but you just click to allow for the page & all is well.

Proof or GTFO.

You realize not just Sup Forumstards hate Soros right? He's famous for messing with the economy and banks. There's reason why he is known as "the man who broke the bank of england," why he is declared an economic war criminal in Thailand, why Malaysians hate him, why Chinese investors despise him, why his foundation is blacklisted in Russia, and why his university in Hungary almost got shut down. It isn't some crazy "conspiracy" because many countries clearly know that this man is a danger to society.

>Noscript has been updated for 57.
No it hasn't. Link, because I can't find it.

How though? What's the story ?

"2017-11-14: We're working hard to make NoScript for Quantum available to you as soon as possible, definitely by the end of this week. "
I was fucking lied to, and on the internet of all places!

First, Soros gives to tons of shit, and it has zero impact on Firefox making the entire argument ridiculous. I swear, poltards would scare monger about hats if they found out Soros donated to a hat company.

Second, the right are absolute genius of propaganda and manipulation. Attack your enemies for what you're guilty of. They hype up Soros as the Big Bad boogeyman and that distracts from the far more numerous and influential right wing billionaires and multi-national corporations who give far more and shape public policy.

So just because I point out a fact, I'm a Sup Forums-tard? This is why politics has become completely unbearable. Say something one side disagrees with, and you either get called a Nazi or a libtard. Read what I posted retard. I said that Soros is well-known for doing horrible shit. I did not talk about firefox at all.

Why does Soros have ANY relevancy to whether you should use Firefox? It's just scare mongering.

Plus, it is so naive of you to think that the right are the only masters of propaganda. You don't think the left manipulates shit to the same degree?

I don't give a shit in firefox. I don't even talk about his relationship to firefox dumb fuck. Please read what I posted. I only responded to the user who called soros haters paranoid fools.

I wish the left were masters of propaganda. They're often quite awful, with poor understanding of human psychology. The right in contrast are absolute masters. I really have to take my hat off to them.

I'm not quite sure about that. Which side runs mainstream media? Why do most millennials repeat the same opinions over and over again like brainless zombies?

It's version 57 now because they hired a large team of female and transgender coders to be in charge of the version numbering scheme.

Soros also funded trump, don't do it.

I don't give a shit about browsers anymore. They all suck shit. Chrome is shit. Firefox is shit. Safari is shit. Opera is shit. All browsers suck these days. Even search engines suck these days.

>Don't know if this is a scam or not.

What the hell are you talking about??

Chrome is more prone to being a "honeypot" than Firefox, since Chrome is owned by Jewgle.

But yes OP, I'm loving Firefox Quantum. It's still a resource hog on my machine just as before, but I can tell it's faster and more streamlined now.

>not using a text-based browser
Say hello to the cia goyim

>The billionaire won many of his supporters by promising to self-fund. Now he has hired a former hedge-fund manager with ties to George Soros and Goldman Sachs to fundraise for him.
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/05/the-americans-trump-betrayed-by-courting-big-money-donors/482025/

>Donald Trump has lined up three New York hedge funds, including money from billionaire George Soros, to invest $160 million in his Chicago skyscraper
articles.chicagotribune.com/2004-10-28/news/0410280265_1_donald-trump-soros-fund-management-blackacre-institutional-capital-management

>How the HELL did they reach 57 so fast? I still remember when they were like on 8.

Chrome. Chrome jumped a new whole number with each update, so Firefox had to compete by doing the same, because then people will think that since it's only Firefox 9, that it's not as good as Chrome 78 or whatever number they're on now.

It's kind of how Microsoft didnt call the 360 "Xbox 2" because they were competing with PS3. 3 > 2, so people would go with PS3 instead.

Probably that fucking airhead Karly Kloss... she tries to teach girls how to "kode" then builds her own site with Wix... you couldn't make this shit up hahaha.

>cd
>no such directory
>cd
>no such directory
>cd
>no such directory

i thought chrome hogged more resources than ff

Mozilla is really pulling out all the stops for this one. Paying people to post on 4chinz. I guess it's not necessarily a bad idea...

they called their next console the xbox one

Downloaded it yesterday. Is pretty good.

>Soros is a major investor in Firefox.

Why should I give a shit?

Someone has to fund them... normies won't.

Exactly. Do you like to be number 1? Or do you like to be number 4?

>Kushner’s Undisclosed Partners Include Goldman and Soros

businessinsider.com/jared-kushner-ties-george-soros-goldman-sachs-peter-thiel-1-billion-loan-2017-5

foxbusiness.com/features/2017/05/03/kushners-partners-include-goldman-and-soros-wsj.html

wsj.com/articles/trump-adviser-jared-kushner-didnt-disclose-startup-stake-1493717405

it's been known for a long time that kushner is a kike plant

Please go to sleep, goyim

Kek

I've heard that too, but FF has always used more resources than Chrome on my laptop.. it could be that I have more shit open on FF than Chrome since I only use Chrome for Sup Forums. Sup Forums used to crash my FF years ago so I switched over to Chrome just for this site.

I suspect ABP is the one using so much memory on FF but I don't want to get rid of it.

Did u not see the post earlier about Soros loans Trump 100s of millions of dollars? Or did u choose to overlook it?

Fox news is the largest. Isn't that the definition of mainstream?

Fuck FF. Leaks more than the White House.

>plant

Married to Trump's daughter? How is that a "plant"? Trump has been humping the leg of the rich jews forever.

I haven't used ff since an update ruined all of my plugins, some are fairly niche and I'm not sure if all them have been updated
How is outdated plugin support now?

>Leaks more than the White House.

>ignoring cnn, msnbc, cbs, washington post, and huffpost
>says fox is largest
Except only 70 year olds watch fox. That isn't mainstream. Do you really believe that mainstream media is right leaning?

Holy fuck, how much does firefox pay this faggot OP. So many threads about firefox with just the logo in so many boards. SAGE

>Except only 70 year olds watch fox.

Yeah, tell that to Sup Forums. They love dumbasses like Hannity and Tuck Carlson there.

Not to mention that Breitbart is the new Fox News, for younger and even more right-wing idiots.

>noscript
>not honey pot

Care to explain? Missed that bit

@Browsers in general
You can now install permanent scripts even when your webside is not loaded, it's called service workers. Great update security huh?
The feature mainpoint is anyway to not needing to load websites for use when you visited them before

>saying that Sup Forums loves breitbart and fox
Just go back to plebbit, newfag.

TO ALL THE INBREDS

firefox is not a honeypot

its fucking opensource it does not have the funds to collect and store all of ur information like google. and if u think google is not storing all ur information ur fuking retarded
they have been many cases where google has worked if feds to entrap ppl, through gmail, chrome, etc
that has not been the case with firefox
is firefox 100% safe? no but its not a crypt o-webbrower like tor

>so much sms language
You have to be over 18 to post here kiddo

Fun fact: Firefox savebrowsing uses google.
Every time you visit a site it get's send to google for their reply "site okay" or "bad attacking". So unless you turn it off firefox will send every site you visit to google first. And no it's not the only option. They could have allowed you to maintain a blacklist.

are you not aware of ublock origin?
it does the same thing as abp but uses less resources

i finally got sick of firefox and it's crappy, laggy, crashing bloatedness, i had already switched to chrome on my laptop(s) because it performed so much better on them.. now firefox is even shit on my PC. 57 seems like an improvement, but half of my favorite extensions are still not updated / working / available. we will see how it pans out, i hope firefox gets it's shit together, all the best extensions are for firefox.

>50 shekels have been deposited in your SJeW account

Ye boi, take out jewgle

For everyday use, I use Chrome and the rest of the Android/Google ecosystem. Lets me do my stuff across all my devices everywhere I go.

There are, of course, other ways to do, you know, other things.

annnd this has WHAT to do with firefox?

Everything! Connect the dots! Follow the money! Wake up sheeple!

this is because google maintains most of the https certs you fuckwad
if google doesn't report a legitimate https cert it warns you because the site may be lying about being secure

>Follow the money
That's what Bob mueller is doing with the trump investigation....

>bait in a firefox thread
why?

srsl wat

thread already derailed with soros so WTFN?

False flag! Chemtrails! Black helicopters! FEMA deathcamps!

gtfo back to Sup Forums stormfart

validating sities is not the same as tracking info

theres a reason why google chrome is linked to ur gmail account

getting meta data from firefox is not the same as having detailed info

I don't like how the refresh button is on the left now....

>moving goalposts
>ad hominem
>genetic
>strawman
not sure you can shill any harder, shill

ANTIFA FUNDS SOROS

>shill
the war cry of the sperged right, the advanced version of "reee".

hilarious.

Plebians not using Pale Moon

>decrys ad hominems
>uses "shill" ad hominem

The only thing Firefox had going for it was better addons that weren't nazi'ed by google.

But with them broken, what the fuck is the point...?

The memory leaks never get fixed and there's so much shit it just can't comprehend..

Also would have to deal with updating the crap Chrome takes care of like Flash every 2-3 days again..

I hate the new UI and it pisses me off every time they update firefox, they have to change the UI from shit, to shittier, to shittiest and now coming out with something beyond shittiest which hasn't been labled yet.

chateboi nsmya

>what is customize

Well it's nice that Firefox FINALLY made a fast version. But it sucks that they had to change their format to do it. They basically copied Chromium's format.

when i go to chaturbate it will load a page but after a min it just stops and the browser locks up. have to bring up task manager to kill it.

fucking anti-flash fagsssssssssssssssssss

the only reason i ever migrated to FF is for adblock. some of the other extensions were a bonus but blocking annoying ads was all i really cared about. recently some homasexual sites can detect adblock and will not load the page.