Once Messi retires, are they fucked? It's not cool to play for Barca anymore

Once Messi retires, are they fucked? It's not cool to play for Barca anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6WPSAaQRHMo&t=216s
youtube.com/watch?v=p5hfcMjIAoY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes they are. NO one can replace the GOAT

I believe they won't be as dominant, so they will need to hire

I'd like to see them purchase a ton of defensive prospects

such as

Going off FM they need Thiago Maia, Andres Cubas, Mauricio Lemos, and Niklas Sule

Depends if they can keep Neymar, it's clear he's the future GOAT so that'll help recruit more talent

if they don't fix that wank midfield of theirs they won't even need to wait for messi's retirement to fade into irrelevancy

>Mauricio Lemos
would be a typical Barca transfer 2bh

no, they have neymar

Them purchasing people is the problem

They need to start producing more home grown prodigies through la masia, where's the next Puyol, or Iniesta, guys?

Gotta stack the team with players that bleed Barcelona FC colours, like Puyol

why are montenegrans so annoying. had some at my previous job. they were nice and cool ppl for the most part but it was super annoying how they always claimed how something was better in their country
>in my country...
bitch nobody cares. fuck you and your old avocado tree you bitch.

fucking rude
montenegro is nice country

they'll go back to being second fiddle in spain as they've always been

not even hating though. nothing against them just that and the makekup the woman wear. look like vampires

Nice quads faggot

forget the contrarian faggots for a sec

they will actually struggle. if you watch barca matches completely, you will know the effect he has.

even against malaga if suarez (x2) and gomez (x1) just fucking shot at the goal the scoreline would be different.

he actually is not only running the midfield creativity nowadays but actually giving god tier passes but sadly people cant even finish it ffs.

each and every match will be a struggle.

>inb4 neymar will be the best by then

look i like neymar and respect and he starts the attack but no amount of that shit is going to matter if they put a defender to push him to the sideline .

and add to that iniesta retiring ...yeah barca are fucked.

the impact messi has on a match is unmatched a of which cr7 and many more playmakers can only dream of.

Barca is already fucked and Messi is still there. And he's still the GOAT. You just can't make a team out of one man. No even three (MSN).

Iniesta only finished 5 games this season. He's finished. So is Mascherano. And Xavi is already out.

The only reliable midfielder they have right now is Rakitic, and he can't control the game. Not to mention that they don't have a RB, which is something unbelievable.

Barca will be mediocre at best, but not only because of Messi.

Barcelona need more elite African players.

Like Umtiti? He'll soon become one.

There's no doubt their academy is good, but the fact that they got so many players that develoepd into world class was just luck.

How many youngsters have they gotten in the last 5 years from la masia? Like 0?

>There's no doubt their academy is good
>There's no doubt

lmao. people are shitting on La Masia for years now, especially the spanish media.

Don't know if they were just shit in training, but none of the youth ever got a real chance in the first team since Pep left.

When he was there he let all kinds of players get some minutes,without sacrificing the quality of the team. I'm sure Cuenca, Tello, Jeffren and so on aren't so much better than say Grimaldo or Samper. And I'm sure there are many Pedros that never got the chance.

After 87/88 generation it's maybe just Thiago that had world class potential, but if they'd give more chances in a smart way, the myth about la masia would still be alive

>before Messi
>100 years of history: 1 CL
>after Messi
>12 years: 4 CL
What do you think? They'll go back into irrelevancy once Messi leaves or retires

They already are irrelevant and Messi is still there. Which proves once and for all that the golden spanish generation was much more important than the so called "GOAT".

Had him not company of those players he would won nothing, like he did at Argentina.

>le La Masia is elite meme

>muh Bojan
>muh Cuenca
>muh Muniesa
>muh dos Santos

Yes, Fàbregas was more important than Messi

Which European Youth academy produces better players?

They're too rich to become irrelevant, but they'll lose much charm once he's gone.

>Fàbregas
>not Xavi
>not Puyol
>not Iniesta

Name one good game that Barcelona did this season without Iniesta. Name it. Barcelona depends on a guy who can barely finish the 90min (he did it only five times this season).

But muh Messi system... can't even win a Meme America lmao.

>winning a Copa America
>easy
lmao, 4 from 10 Conmebol members are top 5 in the world

Copa America is too damn competitive, just because your NT got rekt by Paraguay and then eliminated in the groups stage in a group with fucking Haití it doesn't mean it's an easy competition

Lyon is probably the best right now.
PSG is also pretty good.

Of course i say that because i'm french but they're both really good

When Xavi was getting older they should've gotten Modric before Madrid did. They are making a similar mistake by not going after Verrati.
They should also sign Memetinho

Ajax

I asked because I want to know, I'm not defending Barcelona

Which players have Lyon or PSG produce?

>Meme America
>competite

lmao we won this shit with our fucking B team two times in a row against you.

have you forgot? now let me reminde you lol

youtube.com/watch?v=6WPSAaQRHMo&t=216s
youtube.com/watch?v=p5hfcMjIAoY

Lacazette, Benzema, Pjanic, Martial (althought he went to Monaco when he was 18).

PSG has Rabiot, Kimpembe, Bakayoko

>it's hard to win a copa america
Kek

>muh fifa ranking
Now that means something to you

Madrid also bought Kroos (22m) and Isco (30m).

But who cares Barca has Andres Gomes (35m) the future GOAT (they'll have to pay more 10m if he wins the ballon dor tho).

>50 years ago
KEK

Arsenal

>2007
>50 years ago

argentinian education

blows my fucking mind, that Kroos transfer. they bought Illaramendi for like 35 million a year before and then they got Kroos, an established guy for 25 mill who was only 24(?) at that time. its not like bayern were in trouble after they let him go since Thiago(and others) came good, but fuck man they gave Real a young key player for peanuts

looking solely on the preformances of the academy teams, Chelsea is by far the best one.
Just look at the amount of trophies their academy team gets every year.

But on the other hand they seem to lack the management skills to turn those prospects into real professionals.
Altho i could see that change in next couple of seasons

Kek. And Missing was already missing.

>muh it's higuain's fault

>get rekt by brazilians bench players two times in a row
>get rekt by chilel (tá em crise? chama o chile!) two times in a row

b-but the meme america is really difficult, i'm telling you!

They had Thiago but stupidly let him go. Now he's one of the best midfielders in Europe

Not even a Confederations Cup those guys won

And the funny thing is: they only played the Conferations Cup because we were WC and Meme America champions that edition.

You have to win something to participate.

Imagine Spain, or any other decent national team, with Messi

Like WC's finalists Argentina?

No, not like Argentina

Costa Rica would have been better

Leo will put poop in Pep

When messi goas barça finish

southhampton

They have literally let their team slip away one season at a time and not really bought anyone in the world class bracket. Their midfield is getting worse and their defence isn't too great either.

Their whole gameplay now is pass it to MSN quickly which completely bypasses the midfield because Enrique knows it's shit. Busquets is decent still but Iniesta looks so tired and slow. Rakitic is ok, very hot and cold however Andre Gomes is shocking. They need a new creative playmaker for midfield or they need a new RW to stretch the pitch and put Messi in the middle.

A major loss for them is actually Dani Alves

>what is contract lenght

Kroos entered his last year with Bayern. 25m for one year is far from peanuts money. Actually I don't know a player that had higher transfer fee for one season of contract.

>WC finalists
>wouldn't survive group stage without the GOAT

They reached finals because of him.

How many did they reach in a decade before him? 1 Copa.

You know it was all about xavi.

The age of Barca is coming to an end, they aren't producing enough quality players and can't compete with the EPL teams financially like Real can.

>Which European Youth academy produces better players?

Manchester United.

You've got Gibson, Lingard, Januzaj, Ravel Morrison, Tom Heaton, Michael Keane and Marcus "The half season wonder" Rashford.

delet
2004 was much worse doe
Why can't we win a fucking final? reeeeeeeee

Before Messi: 1 CL, 7 Leagues
After Messi: 5 CL, 16 Leagues

Barcelona was literally second tier until the GOAT. He's had more of an impact on this club than Maradona did at Napoli.

>Before Xavi: 1 CL, 7 Leagues
>After Xavi: 5 CL, 16 Leagues

xavi went years without winning anything until Messi was old enough, and then Messi still won a champions league while xavi retired in arab land

>until Messi was old enough

until Iniesta was old enough to be a starter you mean

Oh yeah those EPLel stacks of shekels really helped West Ham against Astra.

>before messi: 2 copa, 2 WC
>after missi: ...2 copa, 2 WC

also to hammer brazil-bros point in:

>before xavi & iniesta: 1 euro, at home
>after xavi & iniesta: 3 euros and the world cup

Spot on m8. I'm not a Messi contrarian, far from it, but the Barcelona turnaround really started before him. If any of you can, read The Ball Doesn't Go In By Chance by Ferran Soriano, the CEO of Barca best years. It's a really light read.

more like

>before eufemio fuentes: 1 euro, at home, 0 world cups, nothing in spanish history
>after eufemio fuentes: 3 euros, world cup, cycling title, f1 racing title, every tennis grand slam, futsal, blind, ping pong, and best ever handball results

Recommend me some good books about football please.. which ones are worth reading? Seems like every player ever has an autobiography

Get this and you'll be fine.

And all the others books by him ofc.

Monaco

I am Zlatan

Success breeds jealousy

Hummels cost 35 million on his last year

>because Enrique knows its shit

Yea because its not like the coach can get players he wants...

they got there because of their defense, Messi was shit after swiss game.

Kek what a fucking team

literally our B team.

except they will have nerman

the big problem is getting a Xavi AND Iniesta at the same time on your midfield

Without Messi, Barcelona are doomed. They're only the second-richest and second-most popular club in the world. I just can't see them competing ever again without this one player. They'll be lucky to not get relegated the year after he retires.

If you think Nerman will be half of the Player Messi is, then please kys

If cutinho snubs them it will start a trend

Don't be that rude, he's just an hue passionate about his compatriots.

last time barcelona played without messi at bernabeu they were winning 0-3 when he was subbed in

>tf
>tt

do you even watch Barca games? Messi's impact is unmatched. People who call him a 'system babby' fail to realize Messi IS the system. It'll be like United when SAF retired

They need to get Guardiola back in