"Contemporary dance music is the landfill of music. The early scene had true visionaries...

>"Contemporary dance music is the landfill of music. The early scene had true visionaries, but the current dance scene is so caught up it's own ass in image and pretension that a microscopic sonic difference constitutes a new genre. Compositionally Gesaffelstein is only a minor deviation away from whatever trendy techno RA is pushing this week, but the techno consumers melt down at the mere thought of having to face this reality. My twitter beef with Zomby was what made this plainly evident to me. "

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dGq8thVrQ3Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anthony fantano could not name more than 10 techno artists

Im with fandango on this one, the peak of electronic music was the 80's and 90's, and when the Europeans got a hold of it, and before americans ruined it.
Modern "EDM" is just a bland watered down mess marketed to dude bros and instagram thots who want a le drop xD
Back then electronic music felt futuristic, they would even use it in movies and tv shows as background music. They dont do that anymore. Anyone notice that.

he's not wrong

A fair chunk of 90s trance still sounds futuristic to me
Fuck me they just don't make it like that anymore lads

i hate him but its true.

EDM yeah. There's still some good underground stuff though it began drying up big time about halfway through this decade

wtf i love fantano now

chainsmokers

Bear in mind dance music is for dancing, not listening too. People hold it in high standards when as long as it has a beat its doing its job. If you are a weirdo that is into this music then I don't know what to say about you

no one could

So...it sucks, is what you're really saying.

There's so much traditional music for dancing that offers more than just the visceral cues. Every genre today offers so many excuses for being shit, it boggles my mind.

>My twitter beef with Zomby was what made this plainly evident to me.
this elevel of self-importance and delusion is laughable, atleast Scaruffi don't boast about being an 'web-celebrity'

>Im with fandango on this one, the peak of electronic music was the 80's and 90's
You're a oldbag, electronic music still is the major driving element of actual music and the future music

yea cuz ya know chicago house and Detroit tech somehow ruined what it concieved

DJ Nigger
DJ Spike Lee
DJ Pooptits
DJ Bitch
DJ Overdose on Party Drugs
DJ Sup Forums
DJ Replaceable DJ #1
DJ Nigger #2
DJ Replaceable DJ #2
DJ You havent heard of me, but ill be a thing in the next 10 days because DJ's with the aquired skill to play big shows come and go literally monthly

Oh and how could i forget:

DJ Just because i know how to use a roland space echo doesent mean i know how to produce good techno but people dont hear the difference when my music is blasted in way high volumes in clubs to drunk pretentious idiots that like to pretend that they have insight in that part of the electronic musicianship.

>Back then electronic music felt futuristic, they would even use it in movies and tv shows as background music.

98% of the movies, series and telenovelas, videogames uses IDMy, ambient music as a soundtrack/score you're a fucking out of touch douchebag.

Also you're a certified idiot with no musical understanding and overall cultural perception, a brainlet.

electronic music used to be music of the future, now its music of the present.

So don't listen to LCD Soundsystem, Daft punk, Autechre, Radiohead and Krautrock faggot.

~ Le pretentious metal/dad rock faggot

Yeah but people who make soundscores that are IDM'y usually have very poor contextual thinking. As in, they dont know what effect builds the certain kind of colored tension. It's mostly just "cool" music made to give glitter to things that are just as bullshit as the music they make. I've yet to hear a soundtrack id come back to as much as i come back to Aphex Twin for example. The only good bland soundtrack that is IDM'ish is the DOOM soundtrack, and its not even a movie score. Kinda funny, since it's pretty obvious that for a video game you have to make music that can fit dynamically into the multiple options you make in the game, yet they succeed so much better than most movies that literally dont have that many colors of dynamics in terms of choise.
It's almost like the DOOM soundtrack is a parody of action soundtracks, but they actually made it better than anything that exists.

Oh, you wrote video games too. Now i just look like an idiot.

And you're a present lazy and future noob.

IDM/electronica is there
EDM and its genres is there, broth profit, EDM specially returns more money infinitely, it won't die never.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fffoootttwwwooorrrkkkkkkkkkkkkk

This guy is retarded

I'm talking the dance genres, techno, house etc, EDM has become songy in a disgustingly cheesy fashion for butterfly females. EDM is the worst in my opinion because its ALL about money.

Really wish Sup Forums would not discuss electronic music. This board is only aware of very mainstream electronic that is either shit-tier chart '''EDM''' of whatever surface level stuff pitchfork or the cuck pictured in the OP happens to notice...i.e. the recent Bicep album (....an album lmao, I think that makes my point).

In fact, mods should just filter all American IPs that use keywords associated with electronic music.

>profit

I feel sorry for your mother

Like imagine being so brain dead you rate the quality of music based on how much it profits.
God i fucking hate capitalism and what its done to peoples minds

he's right but I hate seeing this melon fuck's fat face plastered everywhere on this board

*tips fedora*

ALL MUSIC IS ALL ABOUT MONEY

John Cage, Elton John, Merzbow and John Lennon and John Travolta all made
music because of money.

Even Grouper makes music only because of money.

Unless you're a idiot.

Important recent events:

2013/2014 Daft Punk wins AOTY at the Grammys

2016-2017 Daft Punk gets produces two megahits for The Weeknd. "Starboy" / "I feel it coming"

they have a huuuuge platform and its growing stronger Hydra heads you can't stop EDM, beyter move on or you'll be eat alive finantially-wise 90% of commercial succesful music have electronic music bases (EDM, hip hop, pop [electro pop, electro rock, dance pop], brazilian funk) even the proiminent experimental music of today are 1000% Electronica dependent.

Just fucking admit you're wanting these guys to prove that they're real artists and drop some art bleep

traditional indie rock sort of died down, better move on a put experometal tags on your music and electrpnic backgrpund it already happened 19 years ago, move on move the PRESENT is property of the pirated Abletons!

BEHOLD

im literally stating facts, in fact im a fact pistol you can fact-checking matter of fact

>ALL MUSIC IS ALL ABOUT MONEY

No it isn't, funny you mention john cage heh

Lol, no one is talking about rock music you idiot.
I like electronic music, thats why i despise what its become.

Music is about creating art. If you care about money you are making a product not art.
I really hope you are a troll, because if not you are a sad little manlet.

classical trained guys hired left and right, HIRED, orchetras? Music studios?

Music events, competions, festivaaals
all money involved shuuuut the fuuuuck uuuuup

Mozart? Money grabbbeeeeerr

Imagine if not.
Bandcamp? Spotify? Moneyyyyyy

MUSIC is work!!!
Suck my diiiiick

What a faggot
You don't even known what you're against, Major Lazar or Carl Craig? Warp Records or Mashmellow? Skrillex or Daft Punk?

bruh you're so vagueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

>all EDM is bad URRRrrr

*spends several hours, time in album prodution*

some spends hundreds, millions on prod. budgets

IMAGINE NOT WORRYING 100% ABOUT SALES AND PROFITTING

What a retard.

Dude composers from academia rely on salaries or grants. John Cage was pratically a pauper living in abject poverty. Their music is so anti commercial its a joke to imply they're somehow entrepreneurs. They're fucking musicians, usually the only thing they can do.

Dance music attracts dipshit non musicians probably much like yourself. Its an entire culture based on untalented plens pretending to be musicians for cash.

Is this retard having a stroke or something?

>They're fucking musicians, usually the only thing they can do.

So are electronuc producers, making a EDM soundcloud/youtube banger is harder than making some classical 'complex' piece!!

You know a fact! Its proved that Miles Davis was struggling to adapt to a more actualized music and he started to descrease in quality, he would be a failure if he was alive, just like Prince and David Bowie had a HUGE fell off on their careers.

Meanwhile Stromae made a GLOBAL HIT using a simply DAW. The youth are winning

CRY MORE

YOUNG! hahah

>Dude composers from academia rely on salaries or grants. John Cage was pratically a pauper living in abject poverty. Their music is so anti commercial its a joke to imply they're somehow entrepreneurs
So explain to me why Beethoven and Mozart made universal popular waltz and divertimentos that'll became have hitters for years and years?

The incabability of classical trained composers to write commercial succesful music is the highest sign of HACKESTRY

You know you can hide threads right?

Honestly though, you're completely right. This board has such an outsider perspective on this whole scene, but they try so hard to act like they know all about it. Dance music is way too varied and young as a genre to make all these broad statements about it.

It's like Sup Forums doesn't realize dudes like Camo & Krooked or Space Laces or fucking Savant exist. They just look for the big names or the ones a step down and make sweeping statements about everyone who exclusively uses a DAW to make music

>So explain to me why Beethoven and Mozart made universal popular waltz and divertimentos that'll became have hitters for years and years?
they didn't

says the guy who thinks hip-hop is a legitimate music genre

youtube.com/watch?v=dGq8thVrQ3Y