Why wont the league plop his dick out of their mouths and maybe give credit to some of the hundreds of other players in...

Why wont the league plop his dick out of their mouths and maybe give credit to some of the hundreds of other players in the league

Because he's the best player in baseball?

The Cubs still get throated more than him

He's easily the best player

It's the least they can do for him considering he's going to rot on the angels for the best years of his career

Because he should've been a 5-time MVP to start his career

Because he hasn't played a season where it couldn't be easily argued that he was the best player in baseball. Even his rookie year he was better than Miggy as a total player

Mookie had a better season than he did last year

Because he is, unarguably, the best overall player in baseball.

To say otherwise is to be in the same category as Kobe>LeBron know-nothings.

Can't wait until he signs with the Phills

He's gonna blow out a knee in july, mark my words

This

MLB is desperate for a true superstar who has national appeal. Baseball hasn't had a player like that since Jeter. And to be blunt, Trout has the personality of a literal trout and he plays on a shit team to boot.

MLS execs desperately need a superstar on a top team to be the face of the league. Trout can't be that guy, but that won't stop MLB from trying to promote him.

the league needs stars because mlb gets zero national attention even when like every other sport is in offseason.

It's all of these. Seriously Trout is doing things that only guys like Ty Cobb and Babe Ruth achieved. And he's doing this during a dead ball, pitcher-dominant era.

He's had a better first five years of his career than any player in the history of a very well tracked sport.

But he has the charisma of a literal fucking trout so nobody cares

Honus Wagner was the same way. There is nothing wrong with the best player in a given sport to conduct himself with humility. It's charming. That's what baseball should capitalize on. You can't turn him into Brian Westbrook, but let him be who he is and people will be drawn to him over time.

>Even his rookie year he was better than Miggy as a total player
Okay let's not get ahead of ourselves

Trout sniffed a triple crown for a month before let it go and hasn't came close since

>t.Texcuck

>

Miggy could never play defense at the level Trout does.
Miggy can't steal bases, Trout is a fantastic runner.
Trout is almost as good a hitter as Miggy is, plus he's a true 5 tool player, which you can't say about Cabrera

Better Trout than Harper.

Reminder at this point in their respective careers, Trout has:
>More homers than Barry Bonds
>More hits than Pete Rose
>More stolen bases than Rickey Henderson

>MLB is desperate for a true superstar who has national appeal.

I wonder if that's possible in today's sports landscape?

Ever since the Jordan NBA era, media has conditioned sports fans to consider a superstar someone who is involved in every possession and also has the ball during crunch time. It's also why QBs are really the only national superstars from the NFL.

Closest baseball comes to that kind of player is a pitcher, and they play every 5 days. Also, pitching isn't highlight friendly.

So what happens is the casual hears about this great player Trout, Kris Bryant, etc. They tune into hoping to see something amazing, and get Trout going 0-4.

In light of this, I think baseball was smart to market to its regions. Trout, Bryant, Posey are big stars in their cities.

I also think the fact that baseball is superstar dominated sets it apart from other sports. The World Series came down to Carl Edwards Jr. (who) showing down with Michael Martinez (who).

because hes literally 10 times better than the majority of players in the league and still almost statistically twice as good as all the elite players

hes already surpassed dozens of hall of famers in WAR

Rob Manfred here.

How do we market Mike Trout, Sup Forums?

You're young, you're hip, what do the kids today want from their baseball heroes?

More, what's it called, "dapping?"

How about more tattoos like the NBA players and more off-field controversies like the NFL players?

Shoot me some thoughts!

Trout was SIGNIFICANTLY better than Cabrera both years that Cabrera won the MVP.

He needs to move teams. David Stern made sure Chris Paul didn't go to a dumpster fire, you need to make sure Trout gets out of Anaheim. The team he moves to must consistently make the playoffs. Here are some choices of teams where he could excel and be in a major media market
Yankees
Mets
Dodgers
Giants
Cardinals
Feel free to exercise whatever power a MLB comissioner has to make sure one of those teams signs him, them start to cultivate a rivalry. For instance, if he signs with the Mets, make sure to cultivate a rivalry with the Nationals and with his opposite, Harper.

and yet hes not going to break any of those records

Rickey had 424 stolen bases after his age 24 season. Trout has barely a third of that.

probably hundreds of players had more hits than Rose through age 24, Rose's first full season was at 22. Bonds obvioulsy didn't really start hitting dingers until his SF days

>Put him on giants
>Trout vs Kershaw

Make this happen

He's going to the Phillies

Trout has 12 PA vs Kershaw

I mean as a regular rivalry

Trout is not leaving the Angels until another four years. Deal with it, faggot.

This is a real shame, honestly. Every time I'm watching a NBA game and see some shit like "LeBron Watch" I feel like I'm watching some teen girl gossip channel or some shit. I'm glad baseball has almost none of that shit.

Trout has a .182 BA against Kersh

>Put Trout on the Yankees
>Put Bryce Harper on the Mets
later that year
>Subway Series goes to 7 games
Would be Baseball-kino

To be fair Lebron is shaping up to he one of the GOATs and the fact that the Cats are slipping while the Warriors pick up momentum sets up the playoff narratives well.

I wish they would talk more about the development of younger guys though, as a Laker fan.

>Honus Wagner was the same way.

Yeah, in the 1920s when baseball was the undisputed #1 sport in America and nothing else came close. Things are very different now, baseball is struggling to hang on to its #2 spot.