>browsing internet
>can't stop dissociating
>decide to play solitaire to keep my mind occupied
>try to open app
>crashes over and over again
>mfw even a game made for 1 isn't working out for me
>mfw I'm a shadow of the person I used to be

yea...

can someone explain to me what dissassociation is?
I've had dreams of where I wasn't in control of my own body, is that it?

I want to enter a state of mind where I can think really clearly and block everything else out. How 2?

dissociation to me is when i'm trapped in my own head and can't even get the motivation to move. goes with my depression. you're describing lucid dreams.

you should meditate if you want a clear head i guess

Lucid dreams fucking suck!
Hate them, scare the shit out of me

tbh most of my lucid dreams are when I'm in a class (usually math) and I know very fucking clearly that its not real because everyone is different and the room is set up differently
I just do my work and wake up
I thought lucid dreams were when you ARE in control

Don't fear your subconscious mind. You could heal in those dreams depending on what you manifest

er, i misread your comment. thats not lucid dreaming, i believe not having control over yourself whilst dreaming is normal. lucid dreaming is where you do have control over your dreams. sorry for misreading your comment :(

what song?

Bad Things by Milky Chance. Really upbeat and used to be nice, now it just makes me sad.

That's not dissociation, and that's not lucid dreaming.

dissociation is a complicated phenomena that can manifest in a wide array of ways. It can also be a mild or severe state. Most commonly, it is described as a sense that what is around you is unreal. As if you are dreaming when you are awake. It is also described as the same, but instead with one's self. A feeling that your consciousness is merely occupying an autonomous body. You can make yourself disassociate by taking dissociative drugs. Ketamine, DXM, PCP, Datura, etc.

It can also be caused by alcohol in high quantities. Have you ever been so drunk that the world slowed or sped up around you, and you felt separated from what was happening? That's is a mild case of disassociation. The feeling is said to be more physical than mental.

No worries, what I meant is for example, im asleep, having a nightmare, tying to wake up coz of said nightmare, keep shouting and nothing comes out then suddenly, huge scream.
Finally awake, sweating a paedo in a kindergarden

sweating like*

ohhh man I actually love this song.

ah, i see. i have no idea what i am experiencing then.

yeah it's really nice i used to like it a lot after this guy showed me Milky Chance

I used to have a bunch of their stuff in a playlist before I lost my ipod

Yeah original asker here
I guess I've had that with tobacco and alcohol before
It's pretty peaceful in short instances
My friend took marijuana once and then went in and out of disassociation frequently and he didn't like it that much.
Then, I thought he was full of shit, but now I guess I understand a bit better.

rip your ipod man :( i still have a ton of their music on a playlist on my phone, but i only listen to the songs that he showed me and a couple others.

So sometime i feel like im on 'autopilot' as i like to explain it. Its kinda hard for me to explain but i feel like im just watching myself do stuff, just normal stuff, ill get a weird self aware feeling as well. Would this be dissociation? And should i be concerned

Sounds like you a depressed. Being trapped inside your head, rather it be racing thoughts or obsessive thinking, is a sign of high negative emotion. You probably score high in neuroticism. This is curable, and you should seek medical help.
Peaceful yes, some people very much enjoy the sensation, and will seek it out with dissasociative drugs. When it happens in your day to day life though, unannounced at inconvenient times, it can be very scary and uncomfortable for most people.
"watching yourself do stuff" is a common way people describe disassociative experiences. If it is interfering in your life, then yes you should seek professional help. If it is completely involuntary, and happening during times where you would rather it not be happening, then there is definitely room for concern. But don't let this alarm you, it is a common mental phenomenon. It does not mean you are crazy or "need" help. Most commonly, disassociative episodes turn out to be coping mechanisms for stressful situations. Through psychotherapy it might be revealed that you can enter the state voluntarily, and that you might use it to cope with problems. Ofcourse this also might not be the case at all, but something to think about. Either way, if it is uncomfortable, and interfering with your life, you should seek out a professional that you enjoy talking with.

Just so everyone knows I'm just a psych student, senior year, I'm not a doctor.

Its not interfering , just kind of surreal and weird.

I see. Yeah, my depression has been hitting hard lately. Always get trapped in my head a lot, along with a heavy, sometimes painful feeling in my chest. It's a rough patch, but I'm sure I'll get through it. Thanks man

>>mfw even a game made for 1 isn't working out for me
kek