Muh east coast

>muh east coast
>muh West coast
>there are people on this board right now who don't realize the South is by far the best region when it comes to rap

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1rdKiyrgJwI
youtube.com/watch?v=aNythTMLeAE
youtube.com/watch?v=2RtbGnpDa7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>there are people on this board right now

unironically good post.

>3 6 Mafia
>Outkast
>Scarface
you're on to something, user.

rec's for southern rap?

UGK FOR LIFE BABY

see

Cunninlynguists
Geto Boys
Outkast
UGK
Goodie Mob
Big KRIT
K-Rino
Travis Scott (this one is debatable)

Any good songs of outkast?
And yeah I love Mystic stylez.

I might be in the minority of hardcore Outkast fans but I always like Stankonia and the albums after that more than their early stuff

>puts travis scott in a southern list yet no thugga anywhere to be seen

hmmmmm

not a huge fan of him but Young Thug has some of the most loyal fans in the world

one of his biggest fans is the guy in OPs post.

thug is a savant when it comes to melody. in his musical half he is a legitimate genius. not even a ruse. he literally is.

any mixtape recs? I listened to Black Portland awhile ago and I can't remember much of it

>Not northern rap

try 'Rich Gang: Tha Tour Pt. 1'.

it's one of his older ones but he's only gotten better over the years. try this track from it:

youtube.com/watch?v=1rdKiyrgJwI

i'm not even getting close to doing him justice but w/e. what he's doing melodically is really interesting. especially as he's continued to grow over the years.

OP why did you make this thread? I don't even think you believe in this bullshit.

>east coast
>west coast
>south coast
where's the north coast?

he's another softer track that he put out this year that's underrated:

youtube.com/watch?v=aNythTMLeAE

and another one he featured on for drake recently that has a top tier verse from him:

youtube.com/watch?v=2RtbGnpDa7E

actually that second track is the best place to start, if you don't like that 'sacrifices' verse skip him altogether.

killer mike
Bun B

>canadian rap artists
Shad K
Classified

I'll check it out. I thought "With That" was such a sick track, but never checked out his other stuff for whatever reason

literally one good album, m8.

East > South > West

You are, aquemini and ATLiens are goat

>hardcore Outkast fan
>"Stankonia, Speakerboxx, Idlewild better than Aquemini, ATLiens, Southernplayalistic[...]"

What led you to this opinion? It's the exact opposite of mine, I'm curious.

I honestly think its just because I grew up listening to Stankonia and Speakerboxx. They were the first albums that I became obsessed with regardless of genre And I will admit their earlier albums are much better than Idlewild

Hmm, I think Speakerboxx and Stankonia are their most refined albums when considering production and style, together they have the most Outkast singles. I love ATLiens and Aquemini for the opposite reasons, the rawness/freshness of Andre's and Big Boi's unity on the albums is the most genuine bond in rap music. Also, gotta give into nostalgia a bit.

it took DJ Screw to make west coast rap even worth listening to
3rd coast best coast

I should probably give their older stuff another listen. I got around to Southernplayalistic again about a month or 2 ago and it didn't really do anything for me :/

Southernplayalisticadillac is underwhelming, I acredit that to being their debut.

midwest like chicago & detroit