genius.com/Bjork-the-gate-lyrics
youtube.com/watch?v=HweaxUT43Jc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post a mega pls

Bjork is trash

Prove it

hurry before its gone
soundcloud.com/ttleakx/btg

Doesn't really sound like what the interviews described, sounds Vulnicura-ish. This has to be the intro track.

picosong.com/wwCFn/

we finally open de gate
(now we need moar quality desu)

The song just cuts off at the end, which isn't unusual. But it's right in the middle of her singing, wonder if that's supposed to happen or because of whoever ripped it

Thanks for sharing that...

someone pls upluoad the full version song

It's just okay

why don't you fuck off?

yeah rigth

youtu.be/3bpDt0FicoE

nice

Yeah that soundcloud link isn't the full version.

What else happens in it? More than
>care for you
>care for me

I don't know, I just read it has a proper outro.

from her forum:

it's 6:39
it just sort of gently winds down as she adlibs "do do... do dooo...."
it's kinda medulla esque in that i think she sings the same "do dooo" melody on oll birtan??? i'm not sure

split into ma-ny partrtrtrtrtrtrtrtttrtrttssssss

So boring. Grimes, hurry up with LP5.

The album as a whole is supposed to be upbeat, this sounds like the first track on the album, a bit of a continuation from Vulnicura.

And there are other female artists apart from Bjork and Grimes you know. Check out Susanne Sundfor's new one, though you might think that's boring too, check out the album before that if you want energetic stuff.

lmao

I really miss '90s Bjork... She should bring the fun, the melody and the beats back.

>Check out Susanne Sundfor's new one
Boring too. What's up with these artists that make good and enjoyable music and then turn it into a serious / mature / dull / hookless mess?

This is just one track, the album is apparently very melodic.

It's nice but I'm getting tired of neoclassical influence, I miss the explosive moments of Biophilia

I hope.

Sounds boring and Arca produced.

Hope the album has some bangers.

Wow it's really good

arca ruined bjork.

bjork is overrated

Nah.

yep

i like it but it sounds like a vulnicura song
it would make sense for this to be the opener, the gate from vulnicura to this new album

Full version youtube.com/watch?v=Aggndwy-6OQ

I love it

kek a bunch of plebs on her forum are hating it
it's great

christ that was stunning

Yeah I think the interviews about it being happy and upbeat got their hopes up too much. People are acting like Bjork personally attacked them or something, I think it's great and we've still got the whole album to come

i love it when artists use tracks like this for the first single
feels much more artistic rather than commercial

cheers buddy, unless you've tricked me into thinking this is new, in which case, thanks anyway, great tune

It’s great, hopefully the album title, cover and release date will be revealed soon

>split into many paRRRRRRRRRRRts

muh dick

I care for you ;_;

I definitely care for this track

this new album's gonna be great

most of the criticism seems to be that it sounds like it comes from Vulnicura and they wanted to hear the happier music she said she's bringing.
It sounded like a bridge between Vulnicura and a "tinder album" to me, so I don't know why they're so mad. Good track, I am excited for the album

gosh bjork's voice makes my skin crawl. has that horrible european accent that comes out when they speak english
make it stop

>happier music

the thing that bothers me the most is that, what the fuck were they expecting? a debut? I love the path she's taking

can someone post the lyrics

genius.com/Bjork-the-gate-lyrics

(you)

I agree with what everybody else is saying about it sounding like a continuation of Vulnicura. This leaves me adequately excited for her album.

>It sounded like a bridge between Vulnicura and a "tinder album"
I agree. Going from a breakup album 2 years ago to a happy album (like Debut) about dating is dumb. This song is about rediscovering love after heartbreak and I think it does a good job of showing that the relationship in Vulnicura left her damaged but she's finding how to love again. Criticisms about the song not being happy is retarded

>This song is about rediscovering love after heartbreak and I think it does a good job of showing that the relationship in Vulnicura left her damaged but she's finding how to love again
holy fuck you're a fag

It's Bjork's own explanation about the song you fanny

This is a bjork thread dude

thanks

yeah what a fag huh us manly men dont have time to talk about girly things like love lol (even though thats what the album is about)

You still found it necessary to talk about and described it like that.
There's nothing masculine or feminine about being a sentimental crybaby. I get over relationships as soon as they end.

>I get over relationships as soon as they end.
well, lucky ((YOU))

>doesn't want to alienate her atheist fandom so she doesn't confess she turned to God and she's now a Born-Again X-ian
eww girl

nah, she's beyond that

In Iceland people don't believe in god. So you just put on ski overalls and if it’s a blizzard you just drink one vodka bottle each and then you just look for elves.

CARE FOR YOU CARE FOR YOU

I don't think I've ever seen so many negative reactions to a bjork single on her forum. Kind of sad, at least the vibe is positive elsewhere.

Maybe its a transition

It's not, the ending was just cut off.

>arca feat björk
>disappointment.

>(luckily i didn't preorder)

Fucking 4um plebs

I just want to hear it in full at high quality right now when will music streaming services understand this?

didn't mean to reply

Man it was boring. Reminded me of Biophilia, my least favorite Bjork Album.

Yeah I missed her too. I really love Debut, Post, Homogenic and Vespertine and I like Vonicura, the rest I don't like it very much. Maybe she lost it, I don't know. I was waiting for something more like Vespertine and I felt got something more like Biophilia.

It's meh

haHAA

Sounds like Vespertine put through a Vulnicura filter but with the strings replaced by woodwinds. Not a catchy hook or melody in sight, very texturally intensive stuff. I think this is gonna split people right down the middle. I'm cool with it, though it's definitely ballsy for a lead single.

Nothing mind blowing but very nice, like a warm blanket. Love this as the first single too

She needs a genius producer to help her make masterpieces again. I dare to suggest Claire Boucher.

It's a grower. Someone who said they hated it before loves it now lol

She could do it herself. I don't know why she needs this producers. Stonemilker was produced by herself and was her best song in 10-11 years.

I haven't listened to much by Bjork before, but this song is really good.

Possibly unpopular opinion: I don't like whatever that Bjork album art is supposed to be.

Not album art. Just a promo shoot.

That's just from a recent photoshoot, no album art yet, this is the single artwork though.

It's amazing.

I think it's fair to say that Sup Forums overhyped this as some sort of Vespertine 2,
which I laughed at consistently, but now that I listen, it honestly this kinda sounds like if you consider shit like Aurora and Sun In My Mouth.

We'll probably get some poppy stuff, too I think.
But this is gorgeousness

I pre-ordered... It was like $30.

Where's my email? Where's my download?
Why should Spotify and the world get it before me?

Kinda miffed desu. My gf told me just now she put the lyrics on insta like that. Once again, where's my email?

OLI said pre-orders of the album will be sent out a week early so that's something.

It's a single, you're getting the full album.

If you pre-ordered the album you get a free download of the single.

What country are you in? This was only supposed to be Australia/NZ I think.

I'm in the UK, it's for everyone who preorders.

The single was up on Spotify Australia/NZ first since it was midnight there. OLI haven't sent out download links yet, wouldn't be surprised if they don't get sent out until Monday which was the original release date lol

God I hope so.

I was supposed to get an email giving me the download codes on the 18th.
Then I got on here and it's already leaked, headed to Spotify.

True?

I'm in the US, and it's the same.
This me
I was that user a few weeks ago who couldn't even check out purchases on Bjork's website because it's so fucking broken.
So this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest...

I just think we should have gotten first dibs.. Spotify is for losers and I pledged allegiance to the Bork with $30 in her pocket..

Better question: who cares?
Plebs cannot stop my hype train.

>Days gone
>As I peer past the edge of what’s lost, I’m starting to cry
>But the rain’s fine
>And the tears feel warm and my body is humming alive
>In time
>You’ll revive what you thought dead
>You’ve stopped your own climb
>On the verge of every end

Is this album the Deak at his Peak?

source?

The guy's an idiot or a troll. Said there hasn't been any melody in her work for a while when that's just not true.

From someone on the 4um who emailed them.

>gorgeousness
It's boringness. This is gorgeousness youtube.com/watch?v=HweaxUT43Jc