So Sup Forumsros I've been thinking...

So Sup Forumsros I've been thinking.. There is this water reservoir a few miles from where I live named Lake Gaillard(Pic Related). I did some research and it is man made and dates back to the late 20s-early 30s. The Island in the Center as far as I could find is unnamed and hasn't been set foot on since the creation of the reservoir. Here's a few things I know:

>It's Private Property and the closest roads I can find are all fenced off and monitored by Cameras
>The Northern end however seems to just be empty woods and is near my cousins farm
>You may have noticed the measurement in the picture. This seems to be the closest amount of water between the shore and the Island.(I would need a boat to Cross)

I begun to think: If I could somehow sneak in with a boat, cross the water and make landfall on the unclaimed and unnamed Island, I could plant any flag I wanted and be the first to name the island whatever I choose.

Basically I would want to discuss the the feasibility of this, the details of the plan and of course, what flag to plant and the name of the island. Was thinking of putting a kekistani flag and naming it Kek Island but perhaps user can think of something more original.

Feel free to go on Google Earth and look yourself. I live in North Guilford btw (Not saying address for obvious reasons).

I'm interested.. Bump for originality.

Also if any nearby anons would like to help identify yourselves.

Bump
name it something funny op

Sorry faggot. Your claim would need to be authenticated by a geographic society, and since you'd be claiming name on an illegal way (trespassing) it would never be recognized.
Go claim something else

OP you’re fucking stupid the obvious choice is Kekistan

Perhaps not a legitimate claim, but seeing as no one goes on the island, who would bother to get rid of the flag? Hence although unrecognized, my flag would be a the only physical claim that would exist. Like the moon. It's not claimed, but people know America was there.

This will become Kekistan. Perhaps if this mission is successful, we can send future colonizing missions to create a perfect kekistani refuge.

Seems like we are going with Kekistan. I should get a kekistani flag.

Allegedly...

I would be down establishing Kekistan. Bump to help support the Christopher Columbus of our time.

Can’t wait for the mandatory autistic “Get off my island normies REEEEEEEEEEE” screech

On behalf of The Crown of Kekistan, in the name of dubs, trips, quads and so on, as a servant of user and crusader for chaos, I request the guidance and materials necessary to claim this new land as our own.

ALL HAIL KEKISTANI ISLAND! REEEEEEEEEE!

Op you could become a policemen and start in the mirder investigations.

The you place an fake death body on the island and give an anonimus tip that there is a murder victim

You legally go in and claim this island and name it.

And win

Christopher Pepe a Sup Forums explorer, navigator, and colonizer. Born in the Republic of whatever the hell he is from under the auspices of the Quints Ministry of Sup Forums he completed one voyage across an unknown water landmass. This voyage and his effort to establish settlements on the island of Kekistan initiated the permanent Autistic colonization of the New World.

I placed a marker at a shack I know the location of as a place to start. From there I would have to go the marked distance(about 4,500ft) East before reaching the "Crooked Brook." From their I could follow it to the reservoir. I would need a boat and a flag. If I can acquire these things I can do the mission and document my journey. The boat would have to be small enough that I can transport it undetected and simultaneously sturdy enough to keep me above water (I'm about 180lbs but to be safe lets make it so it can carry 200lbs).

Too difficult. I wonder what my chances of being caught are.. If anyone has ever guarded a reservoir like this let me know. Am I being overly cautious?

Should also note the whole appears to surrounded by a dirt road. I have seen truck occasionally parked along it near the southern end when I scouted it out, but I am not sure as to how often if at all they patrol it.

honestly I think the biggest challenge you're going to face is getting a boat through the woods. most likely will have to carry a small kayak and go by yourself

True bump this for science and curiosity, feed the internet user

just bring a canoe op, no noise, low weight.

Bump

you could swim it too.

You can buy or get actually airchamber for bike, pick a big one, buy a co2 rescharge for airchamber so you can have a light way to go over the water and make your boat
Pick multiple co2 cartridge and two airchamber.
Approximative cost 20 dollars worth.
For the propel, get a manual cranck and put airblade, with your hand they will turn and it's damn effective even not being a strong men.
The two airchamber are for if the first explode on coast you have a way to escape quickly.
And don't forget to have a trashbag to put your stuff and electronics in if you accidentally go over in the water.
Put me in screen W user

bump

Packing my bags, as a sewer worker, I will aid in the construction of the infrastructure of kekistan

I think I could just use a paddle, your post confuses me a bit, would love some elaboration.
I mean I have never swam 900ft before, I don't know if I'm in good enough shape lol
Your both right, I wonder which would be better. Also ideally if I could get one for really cheap or free(I.e. Make one) that would be ideal as I am poor

Dubs Checked
I have medical experience so I will aid in Kekistan medical needs

If anyone who lives near New Haven who can aid in this is on this board, direct them here.

We need to form some form of diplomacy. Rally up all the pol fags so we can discuss the basic foundations of this newly found "island"

Alright, we are getting a team together here. This is good.

I'm thinking Direct Democracy based on Civil Law. We should draft up a basic Constitution and Bill of right.

Name it weedland and make money

I got a $50.00 check I just cashed. Money isn't nearly as important as supplies. If we can scavenge/make the necessary ones(mainly the boat) that would be ideal tbh.

MLG is dead

You're my fucking hero!
just do it!!!

unnamed =/= unclaimed

Hey user I'm in South London but I'm bored as fuck and keen to help out. I have a wetsuit, surfboard and swim fins, could easily paddle the distance. Also have a waterproof grab-bag to pack with clothes to change into once we land on the island.

So after reaching Crooked Brook it's 1,500 ft to the North end of the reservoir. All told it'll be about 1.25 miles of walking till the water. From there it's about another mile by boat to the island. Pic related

Why don't you start a Kickstarter or some shit to buy the island, and create the first actual Kekistan. Throw an annual party or some shit

You could get on a plane to Hartford. It's only an hour drive down route 91 to the area in question. The gear would greatly help with the expedition.

Sounds fascinating. Someone should get on that. However, like the Louisiana Purchase, we would still need to explore the acquired territory to legitimize our claim.

Nice... good luck with the feds!

Who owns the dam?

May I suggest taking this route user? There seems to be a sandbank or rocky formation visible in the satellite image that you could use for rest during the swim. Also much easier to walk down the coast than swim the two miles mapped out in

W user I m completing my explanation
You can go to random store for inflatable and for almost nothing you can get crazy floating device
For the Co2 cartdridge its 1 dollar per cartridge and 10-15 dollar for the c02 filler
It's the fastest and lightest way to transport a boat everywhere and for conquer new land.

Paddle are not that mach practicle, what i told with the fan blade fixed on a stick shape like a cranckshaft is a better option because you can use it like a propeller and like a padle (both yes i tested it)

Make sure he have waterproof equipements or bag

Don't forget to have lightstick for emergency situation and a knife if you meet tribes over the island

Fuck you, OP. Just booked a flight out to Connecticut. That island's mine.

The Southeast water Authority I believe.

if no one goes there, consider growing marijuana and make it Kekistan's main export

Are you sure the island is unclaimed? Have you called your county courthouse to make sure? They have records on that kind of shit. Make sure you do your research before you start planning dumb shit like this.

Not good, if there are frequent patrol this way will be too much near the road. He will need to go straight in the wood, the less time possible near water and less time possible near the road and fences

Just created a Kikstarter Acc. called OfficialKekistan. Anyone with experience want to help me set this up?
>What category, payment options etc.

He said he was going to take a boat you fucking illiterate. Read the original post again.

Yeah have him call the courthouse about an abandoned island. A week later there's evidence someone just trespassed to it. They'll never guess it was him.

He's not gonna get a fucking cruise liner though is he you dumb fuck, he'll be in some shitty inflatable with a paddle or something. Good luck covering two miles like that.

This potentially, But it would have to be concealed naturally. Keep in mind the island is only about 3,200 ft North to South and even less East to West. We would have to potentially do some Netherlands style land reclamation in the near future for maximum efficiency.

>Op rows out to middle if lake
>realizes it's trashed with beer cans
or
>its not really land at all, just a bunch of grass in shallow swamp water

Bring an inflatable boat.

You also have to keep in mind he has to bring supplies and a flag.

suggestion for flag

you stupid nigger, go get a scuba diving outfit and regulator. under water that that shit, sneak on the island like james bond. win win win

or the classic

There is clearly solid beaches and trees. Pic Related.

It already belongs to the people who own the lake.

They bought the land and then turned it into a lake, the 'island' is still their land

Perhaps. If an user has one they can send/bring or I can get a really cheap one that would be pretty dope. Never used one myself.

>closest is 300m
Just swim it you lazy fuck

cool i got a vest, regulator and everthing. havent used it in a while ill send it to you post your address

You idiots, it is called Dauphin Island already and is a bird sanctuary and protected wilderness area.

Holy shit OP I live 50 minutes from there. I have a truck and a couple of kayaks. We can be the founding fathers of Kekistan island.

dauphin islands in alabama dipshit, this is in conneticut

That's in Alabama.. This is in Connecticut.

Google maps would've marked this down as a landmark, as in, we would've known if that was the case by now if it was the case

No Way! Cool. I was thinking we should start on the North end for aforementioned reasons(See original post).

North to South the Island is roughly 3,200 ft

neat im in CT
can I somehow help?

..and about 1,700 ft East to West

Dont bring the unnecessery attention

Any help is appreciated.
Perhaps we should set a date and a rendezvous point. Refer to initial post for suggested location, also feel free to suggest other needed information. Perhaps we should set up a discord or something?

Well how else should we fund it?

Sorry this was the post I suggested the rendezvous point

This is the shack in question via google street view. We would be heading opposite the direction of this pic.

Tomorrows' news:
Two naked men found dead on the Island in the middle of Gailiard lake. Both died from anal extensive anal bleeding.

I dug trenches and laid mines in DRC. Can contribute countermeasures to police intervention.

ANONS I FOUND A BREAKTHROUGH! We could significantly shorten the Journey by accessing the location in pic related. It's only 680 ft from the water and is only 2,000 ft from there till the Island. Although patrolled more often, if we went at night we could go undetected!

ok but how bout name it something that ISN'T completely fucking retarded

This is the place from google street view.

Just swim across that faggot and plant your flag in it and declare it.

If you can't swim across it, then you are too fat to claim things.

I was thinking we could secretly inhabit it like a lost tribe or something until we got the legal rights to it. An user suggested a kikstarter so we could buy the island outright in the future. From there we could slowly work through legal proceedings over time while becoming an independent community and thus an independent district from the surrounding towns. Eventually we would lobby enough public support to become a defacto micro-nation with a high degree of autonomy and independence of the state and national government. It would be a long and slow process, but would be worth it in the long run.

Worked for the British Empire!

No more Normie Occupation!
No More Meme theft without representation

How would I swim across with a flag? Would it be on my back? And also it would get wet.

This is in New England.

Welcome to /b.
Enjoy your stay.

Kekistan is just a shitty reddit meme that died a long time ago. OP, i like your idea but don't ruin it with that kekistan shit

We need to spread the word around. Someone go start a thread on Sup Forums about this. We need their strategic planning abilities.

What should we name it then?

stick the end in ur butt and get in swim position, when the wind blows u sail across

How do you know it is a virgin island?