Damn

Really made me think

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_the_Author
youtube.com/watch?v=YkQsRVrWM6c
goodmenproject.com/featured-content/white-fragility-why-its-so-hard-to-talk-to-white-people-about-racism-twlm/
salon.com/2016/07/18/white_fragility_is_real_4_questions_white_people_should_ask_themselves_during_discussions_about_race/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he so fucking all over the place with what he's trying to say at all times. does he just think people are going to forget he beat his pregnant girlfriend?

what does that have to do with the message of his video???

It says a lot about our culture that we take seriously the commentary of idiots on shitty coke.

It has to do with the fact that hes on absolutely no position to be preaching about morals and decency. Dudes a fucking degenerate and a disgrace

here u go read this. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_the_Author maybe you're high school didn't teach you anything about critical thinking.

>we need to stop all this violence and hate mayne
>literally a month away from a court date about how he beat his pregnant girl friend

more like steven POONiverse

what your referring to with your pic related is completely different than the simple idea of hypocrisy

>here u go read this.
Sorry link isn't working for me. You'll have to summarize it.

yea i lack the critical thinking power to realize a serial killer could bullshit a novel on non violence... youre dancing around the point using a retarded dated essay

youtube.com/watch?v=YkQsRVrWM6c

Sorry link isnt working for me

Explain it in your own words.

dude, i get the concept, its simple. still doesnt apply to this situation lmao

then you're being dumb on purpose? color me surprised.
how did you watch the xxx video on youtube then?

>how did you watch the xxx video on youtube then?
I didn;t.

Still not answering the question. Try one last time.

you sound pretty autistic. and that other guys baiting you. newguy

then stop trolling this thread since you have no idea what we are talking about.
look if you said you disagreed with the message he said in that shitty video i'd agree. but if you dismiss it based on what he may or may not have done in his own personal life. seems idiotic to me.

so if somebody else made taht video like a kendrick. would you like it or not?

>you have no idea what we are talking about.
Explain Death of The Author in your own words and how it relates in this context.

You won't be able to because you don't know, you just post the wiki link in an argument

but you just said. you never watched the original this argument is based on?

Irrelevant.

Admit you don't really know what Barthes' crackpot theories entail, and you just used a link as an argument because you didn't have an actual argument.

so you did read the wikipedia link.
why are you lying to me?

I did not. I only studied it in college.

Explain Death of The Author in your own words and how it relates in this context. it's interesting how you are dodging this.

>Explain Death of The Author in your own words and how it relates in this context. it's interesting how you are dodging this.
there's no need for me to paraphrase something somebody has already written in clear fashion than i ever will articulate.
you also did lie to me and say both of the links didn't work. lying is morally wrong which is pretty sad user. i think the other guy is right you are trolling me.

>you also did lie to me and say both of the links didn't work
How do you know?

You also lied to me in calming you know what Death of the Author is.

>You also lied to me in calming you know what Death of the Author is.
but I do user.

>How do you know?
>Sorry link isn't working for me. You'll have to summarize it.
>Sorry link isnt working for me

if this was IRL

i'd understand you needing me to explain it in my own language. but on the internet its autistic to articulate it. when i can kindly link an article. unless you wanted me to explain the situation between the video and essay?
but you also said you've never seen the xxx video. so how would i make a connection for you when you lack info on both examples?

looks like someone's high school just had their """"critical thinking day""""

>but I do user.
Prove it
>but on the internet its autistic to articulate it.
You don't know, and now you are going in circles. You've been discovered user.
>but you also said you've never seen the xxx video. so how would i make a connection for you when you lack info on both examples?
Context clues.

Still waiting. This is your last chance.

this is good trolling i'll admit. but you've said it twice already you have no clue what video we are talking about.

>dat damage contorl
We're done here.

Goodby user. I would recommend knowing what you are talking about instead of posting random urls instead of an actual argument.

you guys are faggots, shouldve deleted this thread while i still could

>We're done here.
we never started. since you don't what death of the author or xxx is

>look at me I know what the death of the author is even though I've never read it
>maybe if I keep mentioning it it will somehow make me right

wow Sup Forums really is populated by fucking 12 year olds
>Barthes' crackpot theories
you utter fucking moron, it's a literary-critical theory. he's not making some far-out claim about the nature of reality, he's simply saying that the author's interpretation of their "authored" text isn't the end of all interpretation. he's describing an orientation towards criticism, there's nothing crackpot about it.
that being said this user is also apparently retarded/has never read barthes because whatever he's attempting is a gross misapplication of the theory.

why are you sperging out?
its a simple question i asked you. if you knew the topic at hand. this could have been settled already.

I'm not even him, my only other post in the thread is Just calling you out for being dumb

holy fucking shit kid you're so fucking retarded
stop trying to get the last reply you moron, you're wrong and everyone sees that
not that guy btw

are you samefagging?
cmon man. you could at least address the issue at hand.

shut up moron. death of the author doesn't exclude biographical concerns as a component of interpretive work. also xxx's tweet isn't a literary text, he's participating in a kind of debate. death of the author shouldn't apply to this kind of statement.

>post are 2 seconds apart
>samefagging
kys

> death of the author shouldn't apply to this kind of statement.
so it doesn't apply to the music video?

>can't defend himself
>tries to deflect this fact by claiming everyone calling him out is the same person

>not shitposting on your phone and laptop at the same time

oh yeah sure i haven't seen it but yeah by all means debate the merit of the art without mentioning how much of a violent savage the boy is

there's nothing to defend when nothing is being attacked.
nice photoshop btw. really fooled me with the black background
fyi Sup Forums is blue dummy.

i mean if the video doesn't count. then i'll admit im wrong and interrupted it badly.

>oh shit I'm wrong
>maybe if I pretend to be retarded people will think I was baiting
this is what is happening right now
you're fucking terrible at damage control

this video was absurd, as is the idea that white people are to blame for police brutality

>philando castille who was murdered by an officer... racisms still alive
>On July 6, 2016, Philando Castile was shot and killed by Jeronimo Yanez

let me guess, sjws will just deflect and say it was still an act of "white supremacy" or that mr. Jeronimo is white

>he's not making some far-out claim about the nature of reality,
If you knew anything about Bathes, you'd know his ulterior motives to remove any trace of context and perspective to criticism in the most self-serving and non-intellectual way possible.

im being serious
and i'll ask this again. if kendrick lamar made the same video(or anybody wth a good moral standing) would the message be good or bad?

he obviously ran out of arguments, and is just trolling at this point, fairly obvious from the last line

Oh ya was he part of the Jew conspiracy just fuck off im sick of people ascribing malicious intention to perfectly valid theory. Post some juicy letters or something, prove that he was le ebil postboderbist bitch

Strawman.

sorry, I must be incapable of grasping the nuances of the "fuck wypipo argument"

it's just absurd that X would use the case of a latino cop killing a black dude as a justification for depicting a white kid being hung in his video

>someone says he's using a strawman
>he uses the same strawman to justify using a strawman
really makes me think

Nice White Fragility

People were literally calling him a "white hispanic", just like they did with Zimmerman

Reminder to ignore any talk of race issues because they're willing to flat-out lie at this point to push their narrative.

Do you understand what a strawman is or are you just regurgitating cool words from your freshman debate class?

ANothr shitty thread about muh white people and pseudo intellectuals
Fuck you Sup Forums
Discuss music or get out

he literally used a strawman, are you retarded?

>Do you understand what a strawman
You mean a purposeful misrepresentation of an opponent's argument in order to find a fault?

Yep.

A strawman is mis-stating the opposing argument
Mocking the poor logic previously used by the opponent isn't an argument but he never claimed it was. It'd be a reducto ad absurdum if he was using it as an argument, but he wasn't, just as an insult.

>Reminder to ignore any talk of race issues
Nice white privilege

It'd be a strawman if he said
SJWS SAY HE WAS WHITE, HERE'S WHY THAT'S WRONG
even though they're not (as far as I know, I didn't follow that case very much)
But in this case his argument was pointing out that the facts contradicted XXX's claim that it was white supremacy. He wasn't using the shitpost as an argument.

>SJWS SAY HE WAS WHITE
This is not the issue, hence is a strawman

Nice white fragility though.

>Mocking the poor logic previously used by the opponent isn't an argument but he never claimed it was.
that doesn't make any sense. so every time someone makes an argument he has to say "hey, this is an argument"?
he never claimed it wasn't an argument either

you should keep making up terms for how black people can never be wrong or held responsible for their beliefs and actions. that's just what the black community needs.

>enter thread, make a remark about the topic
>some sperglord pops up to attack the form rather than the content of what i'm saying

just focus on the part where X is using the Castille case as justification for depicting a white child being hanged in his video

>you should keep making up terms
Look it up. It's a thing.

And you still don't understand who user made a strawman. Just sad.
>can never be wrong or held responsible for their beliefs and actions
Because of the racial disparity in the criminal justice system, it seems blacks are held MORE accountable than others. That's the problem

>>enter thread, make a remark about the topic
You should probably learn about the topic before remarking on it you fucktard

I don't actually think you're wrong, I just think your strawman is retarded

>Make intentionally offensive blanket statements
>People disagree with you
>UH WOW WHITE FRAGILITY MUCH
What exactly is the purpose?
>Because of the racial disparity in the criminal justice system, it seems blacks are held MORE accountable than others
Yeah, not like your precious key demographic could be committing more crime
>B-but blacks have to commit more crime due to white people oppressing them!
>Blacks don't commit more crime, the justice system is racist
Which is it?

Why do you reply with all those fucking mini quotes. kys please.

>>Make intentionally offensive blanket statements
What do you mean?
>not like your precious key demographic could be committing more crime
OK let's focus on this example: What crime did Castille commit?
>B-but blacks have to commit more crime due to white people oppressing them!
Quote me where I said that.

>This is not the issue
That's the point, retard. A strawman doesn't mean "anything that's off-topic". It's when you intentionally misrepresent their argument into nonsense that you can easily refute, then pretend you refuted their actual argument. Slapping a "you're stupid hehehe" onto an argument doesn't have anything to do with the argument he made, which was the first half of his post. Nor does it being irrelevant invalidate his real argument (which is a fallacy on your end as well :^)
>Nice white fragility
Imagine being a white person who actually says things like this

>That's the point, retard. A strawman doesn't mean "anything that's off-topic". It's when you intentionally misrepresent their argument into nonsense that you can easily refute, then pretend you refuted their actual argument.
Like user did, I agree.
Slapping a "you're stupid hehehe" onto an argument doesn't have anything to do with the argument he made, which was the first half of his post. Nor does it being irrelevant invalidate his real argument (which is a fallacy on your end as well :^)
What fallacy have I made?
>Imagine being a white person who actually says things like this
A decent human being with empathy? God forbid!

> it seems blacks are held MORE accountable than others

I guess you're entitled to your own viewpoint, but it seems the complete opposite from mine. The massively sensationalized cases of police brutality against black people are blips on the radar compared to the disproportionate amount of crime committed by black people in general. It's considered racist questioning of the narrative to point out even black-on-black crime. The media don't talk about that, people don't talk about that. No, instead they blame white people and abstract notions of "white supremacy" and "systemic racism". So it seems completely absurd to me to suggest that black people are held more accountable than white people. But hey, we can agree to disagree

>What crime did Castille commit?
Not an argument. Nowhere did I claim he was guilty of any crime. YOU are the one talking about a widespread problem with white supremacy, yet you suddenly want to focus on one example that doesn't involve any white party?
>>>What do you mean?
Telling me to look up a made-up term that leads to fucking HuffPost articles about how whites are collectively psychotic for disagreeing with race-bait and illogical racial arguments
It serves no purpose than a cheap WOW YOU MUST BE CRAZY OR SOMETHING non-argument to try to insult normies into submission because your logic is too weak to stand on its own

I hate this stupid edgy faggot so much

>Not an argument.
It is. Now answer the question. What was he guilty of? I bet you will try your best to not answer this, huh?
>YOU are the one talking about a widespread problem with white supremacy
Quote me where I said that
>one example that doesn't involve any white party?
More of this strawman again?
>Telling me to look up a made-up term
goodmenproject.com/featured-content/white-fragility-why-its-so-hard-to-talk-to-white-people-about-racism-twlm/
salon.com/2016/07/18/white_fragility_is_real_4_questions_white_people_should_ask_themselves_during_discussions_about_race/
Yeah sure I made it up OK
>The massively sensationalized cases of police brutality against black people are blips on the radar compared to the disproportionate amount of crime committed by black people in general
Oh so police brutality is OK because of black crime in general?
>It's considered racist questioning of the narrative to point out even black-on-black crime
It's just not relevant
>No, instead they blame white people and abstract notions of "white supremacy"
Strawman again
>So it seems completely absurd to me to suggest that black people are held more accountable than white people
Check the statistics.

>salon.com

>black crime statistics and black-on-black crime are irrelevant in a discussion about black crime

huh

Ah, yes, it's the 19 y.o. convicted felon back with more words of wisdom and political commentary

Ah,yes its the 15 yr old white kid back with more shitposting!

?
>a discussion about black crime
Ooops you meant to say "racial profiling" but I don't blame you for the attempt at misdirection though

>salon
>goodmenproject
Alright, so white people lecturing other white people about their original sin of being white
Will add to the backlog

salon.com
isn't a valid source. try again sweetie!

Nothing you've said is an argument. You're just saying "no" to their points.
That may work on Twitter but not here

>Will add to the backlog
I doubt it.
>damage control
>denial

what's you guy's favorite The Who song
mine is I Can See For Miles

Why is it your favorite?

I love the drumming

How is it different than any other Who song? What about it to you love?

Alright, so jews lecturing white people about their original sin of being white*

>goodmenproject.com/featured-content/white-fragility-why-its-so-hard-to-talk-to-white-people-about-racism-twlm/

>sarah watts

So?