UKFag here. How long do I have to volunteer for before I can get a decent enough reference for a proper job...

UKFag here. How long do I have to volunteer for before I can get a decent enough reference for a proper job? I doubt any employer would take me seriously since I just dropped out of college.

I don't want to do some shitty McDonald's job that will hire literally any tard that applies.

Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

centreformentalhealth.org.uk/Pages/Category/employment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't drop out of college.

I had to drop out. Couldn't cope with my mental health being as unstable as it is. Gonna be going back as soon as I get my head sorted.

>since I just dropped out of college.

You fucked up, kid.

see

move to London, the Romanians and Polish will show you how to get a job

Suggestion to beat: Move to London and get immigrants to show me how to get a job.

You US fags don’t realise college in the UK is free and mainly for retards that don’t pass high school, he made a good decision dropping out, go get an apprenticeship if you got any gcse’s

assumed meant how you said college, and in the UK college is usually referring to tertiary education, 16-18. So unless you're on the upper end of this, you're underage

fucking whoever reads it :v puto el que lo lea y puto el que se aga oendejo

and so everybody gonna be miserble later in the fureture and ugly people losers try to be better then people ugly way and cheat ugly wya so dont look lame and ugly and lame and gross ugly way and the ugly people losers outnumber everybody and jerk off to hot girls and read books and look at ingnert aand rela and eat good food and wathc movies and tv shows and relax and talk to girls and look good and talk to girlsand there smell like shit and is short and lame and short

and my short ugly loser father and the ugly people losers smell worse then dog shit and is lame and short and ugly and short and cheat ugly way and is short and outnumber everybody and is ugly and short

Shit, I forgot Apprenticeships were a thing. Good call. I'll look into it, though my current plan is to get onto an Access course so I can get into Uni.

Nope, 21. Been in and out of college because of mental health reasons and picking exceptionally shitty subjects. Picked good subjects the last year, my mental health just took a turn for the worse. Discussing things with my Doc, though.

Why do not you pass your social networks?

Pardon?

If you can't manage college, how the fuck are you going to manage a job with actual responsibilities?

So you're just not gonna answer my question and be unhelpful? Alrighty then.

:v

Which Area did you go to college in, I’m at college in the uk right now

West Mids. Wasn't a terrible college, I've just been making poor life decisions up until the last year or so.

Fucking hell. CVs are the biggest trick the upper class ever played on the lower classes. Richfag here, and here's some education:

You can write literally anything you want on your CV and there is no recourse, all you have to be able to do is back it up by being able to talk bullshit about it when they ask you.

References? Just give a mate's number and tell him he'll get a call and to back you up. Even if you give the actual company you worked for they usually won't say any more than yet, you worked here from X till Y and took Z days off sick.

Whatever career you want to get into, just write a CV like a progressive story of how amazing you are at it since you left uni and as long as you can talk about it, you're golden.

Don't volunteer. When we get CVs in like that, we laugh at them and toss them out. We don't need little bitches who will work for nothing

what you must do is stop thinking so negatively: v with the thought you will achieve something less: v

It was a response to your question. Jobs are harder than college. If you can't do the latter, you need to get your mental health sorted before you commit to anything.

Oh I’m in north west, I think apprenticeship is your best route

>drops out of college
>"I don't want to do some shitty McDonald's job that will hire literally any tard that applies."

lol

>Don't volunteer. When we get CVs in like that, we laugh at them and toss them out. We don't need little bitches who will work for nothing........jaja c mamo XD

Become a CO. start with any security jobs you can find.

What kind of company do you work for, though? All I need is some work experience to prove I can do a job, then move onto getting paid for a while until I can take a better swing at college & uni
You don't have to think about the kind of jobs I could get outside of working hours, though. Having to study and keep up with classwork outside of college hours was a little more than I could handle.
I'll definitely look into them :)
Nigger, you didn't even read the explanation I gave for that a few posts into the thread, did you?
"CO"?

Don't listen to the "you fucked up" crowd.

If your mental health is still shit seek help at
centreformentalhealth.org.uk/Pages/Category/employment

Else, gastronomy, food production, button presser and security jobs are the only thing you can do.

I got hired in restaurant and bars without any work experience just make up some bullshit about working with your family in the same sector , they never even asked

I don't know if I agree with that. Jobs are in no way easier than college, different is a better word.

College gives you chances, for someone like me I can't do chances. Example in college I can straight up miss two weeks of class with no ramifications (other than my grade).

I know if I no call no show to work I'm not going to have a job. I'm a bad student but a hard worker. But I think working is easier than school specifically because of that.

Looks like a good link, I'll check it out. Will look into the types of jobs you suggested too.
I'd be getting paid to work, though. Coupled with less hours actually thinking about the work, I should cope better. Additionally, missing two weeks of college without telling them would have been grounds to kick me off the course. Even if I called, they would have heavily "suggested" I drop out.

"Mental health reasons" isn't an excuse.
I've tried killing myself twice, I've taken SRI's for years.
I've been working since 15 I started as a pizza guy making shit wages. I did that for 4 years. Went to be a server making 20-40 bucks an hour deepening on tips. Now I pull in a good income at a credit union and am going to school all while wanting. I did all of that while wanting to bullet in my head every day.

You think you have it hard? You're an entitled piece of shit who's letting his mental illness stop him from succeeding.
There's no shortcuts in life, kid. No one's going to feel bad for you because of your shit.

Did you get any level 3 qualifications? If so could be you'll need to get a loan to get on an access course.

If you plan to go to Uni, look at a HND because if you pass that and go to Uni, that loan is paid off for you, if you are smart you might get into final year of a degree.

There are level 4 apprenticeships you can get which might be better.

Everyone has to start somewhere. For whatever reason you think you're better than those "retard" employees when you're 21 never had a job and dropped out of school. You're not better, you're worse.

Not gonna lie OP, you dun goofed dropping out college. Lower end UK jobs are either done by immigrants or are being automated. When you get back on your feet you need to seriously consider either going back to your prior education or picking up a new skill.

As for now, you'll need to start at the bottom rung for an office job. And for that, you'll need a decent CV with experience. Volunteering is one way (and you should deffo look into doing around 10 hours a week), but as for the rest your CV needs examples of the usual timekeeping/team player shit more than "I did x for y amount of time". Shows initiative and that you have a good hold on your life.

For example

Professional Skills

Communication & Team Work
During my role at x company I had to talk to clients to find out their needs. During in y particular incident I did z amazing thing. My team consisted of 5 people and my role contributed in x way.

Time Management
My role ensures that I spend my time in x way and I need to be flexible because y.

Shit like that stands out so much more. Also your hunt for a job should be like a job. That means 9-5, 5 days a week. You won't miss the time once you start work anyways.