I had an interesting experience while tripping on LSD recently and was curious about whether or not anyone else...

I had an interesting experience while tripping on LSD recently and was curious about whether or not anyone else experienced anything similar.

It was a normal day, and I spent the majority of it working on a college assignment with my girlfriend. Eventually we both got sick of working and, being the impulsive 21 year old that I am, I proposed that we spice things up with some LSD.
I had taken lsd about 9-10 times prior to this, and while I'm not nearly as experienced as other, more seasoned psychonauts, I consider myself to be at least moderately adept at composing myself while tripping, as I've been able to trip at a few rock gigs in crowded bars without freaking out.
I had a couple of Fat Freddys(my preferred brand) on hand, which pack a rather hefty 400 micrograms per tab, but since we didn't feel like completely losing our shit we opted to take less than our usual dose of half a tab, instead taking a third each, around 130 micrograms.

Because of the lower dosage the trip wasn't as intense as what I'm used to, allowing us to have a fun, chilled time without having to worry about completely losing ourselves to the void. We smoked several joints throughout the trip, as we usually did, and spent the first few hours listening to music and having mind blowing sex like we usually do.

While I experienced vivid closed eye hallucinations, my visual hallucinations were far tamer than what I experienced on an average dose, with only minor trails and spacial distortion during my peek.

Roughly eight hours into the trip we were visited by two close friends, and after smoking a joint and listening to music for about an hour they carried on with their own adventure, leaving me and my girlfriend on our own once again.

It was at this point that things took a darker turn, and where my aforementioned strange experience began. I suddenly felt this strange growing feeling of uneasiness, like some dark entity was slowly covering my mind in shadowy tendrils.
Cont.

yes pls
dont leave me hanging op this sounds like its gonna be good

Interested

Cont.

I didn't think much of it at the time, as I had previously experienced a full blown bad trip while on a full Fat Freddy(400 micrograms), and had gotten quite good at pulling myself out of a dark headspace since then.
I went about my usual strategy, slowing my breathing and such, followed by another deeply intimate and fun sex session with my girlfriend, but instead of fading away, the sense of dread that I had been feeling started growing more and more intense.

Fake news. Dragging it out too long to be true

Sorry for the slow replies, my laptop is fucked so I've been reduced to phone posting like some savage.

Anywho, moving on.

I should mention that while we had both been having a wonderful time up until this point, the acid hit my girlfriend slightly harder than it hit me, as she was unable to read text during our peak while I could still read fine. As a result she would periodically become slightly overwhelmed, but this was a common occurrence for her, and over time I had become quite experienced in pulling her back to reality throughout our trips.

I had a similar experience my last trip. It felt like i was on a tight rope. One side of the rope was like...normal, No sense of dread and calm peaceful. And the other side felt like pure insanity. It was so alone, dark, and cold. The first two hours of this teeter-totter i could grasp that it was the LSD and could pull my self in and out of the other without falling. Does that make sense? Haha.

Later i found out the dosage was double of what i was told i got.

So i guess somewhat relatable.

>Honestly best trip I ever had.

The first two hours i couldnt grasp that it was the lsd. After that time and i realized that it was the lsd and could go back and forth at will haha.

>stoned to death
>thoughts going faster than fingers haha

Cont.

Because this was a common occurrence I wasn't worried when she occasionally asked me to help her calm down, and as I was used to calming myself down on my own I didn't tell her about my strange feeling at first.

It was only when I started feeling really uncomfortable that I brought it up. I have had several hectic moments in the past, and found that I could always kill a bad vibe by having sex, but even after busting a fat nut I could still feel the dark entity burrowing deeper into my brain.

Sounds like your mistake was smoking the joint. Weed will supercharge your acid trip, and can make it veer wildly off course.

I've combined weed with various psychs and it was nothing but good, but for some reason acid was different for me. The weed really threw me off balance. And just a mild touch of weed paranoia can be amplified x10 while on acid.

It's called anxiety newfig. You got some shit in the back of your head that you know you need to work on.

I've had my worst of bad trips on lower doses of Lucy. I feel like it was probably because I wasn't quite pushing past the barrier.

Your sense of dread is justified. I doubt it was just a "bad trip". The world is going to shit. Time to get off your ass and do something about it.

Okay so the story is getting rather long so I'll cut to the chase.

Basically both me and my girlfriend began feeling increasingly uneasy, and no matter what we tried, this sense of dread remained.
We spent the last 3 hours of our trip trying everything we would usually do to calm down, but were unable to ditch our bad vibes.

As mentioned earlier I had a bad trip while on 400 mics, so I knew what it felt like, and that's what makes this incident so strange.

I didn't experience the intense fear, nausea and anxiety of my previous bad trip, and I wasn't hallucinating at all at this point. It felt like there was some sort of dark entity in the room with us, something that was actively implanting this dread in our minds.

What got me the most was that although I wasn't expecting any visual hallucinations, there was something different about my closed eye hallucinations. The standard fractals and endless geometric patterns that I am used to were still there, but instead of being composed of vivid colours they were entirely made out of flesh, bone, and blood. O didn't tell my girlfriend about this, for obvious reasons, but the next day she described what she was seeing, and we found that we had the exact same hallucinations.

try taking a nice warm bath next time always helps change the direction for me. I think it's the mixture of getting clean and being stimulated over a large area of my body. always feel 100% refreshed though.

Essentially what I want to know is why nothing we tried worked, even though we were on a lower dose than usual, and whether or not anyone else has ever experienced these grotesque flesh and bone constructs or shared hallucinations with someone.

Tl;dr
Did lsd with gf, freaked out more than usual

this just sounds like existential dread you've been dodging this whole time

That makes sense, but I've smoked during the majority of my trips, and I've always experienced the opposite. It's always helped smooth out some of the rough edges for me, and usually helps me calm down when I get anxious

>I had an interesting experience while tripping on LSD recently

and I had an interesting dream last night. Oh wait, it's only interesting to me so I'm not going to bore other people with it, unlike faggot OP.

Fun fact: impurities in LSD are what gave Michael J. Fox parkinson's. Your turn is coming soon.

I would agree with you, but I have experienced intense existential dread in past trips, and this felt wildly different.

Humanity is going to go extinct unless we ASAP change the way we interact with nature and each other. Sounds like some entity was trying to warn you - it's up to you whether to listen, or to ignore it

every trip is different man its not all completely the drug doing all the work

I've done acid probably close to 100 times now. Various doses from 125mics up to 400ish. Weed will always increase the chance of paranoia and I've seen it happen to a bunch of people who smoke weed about 9-10 hours into their trip to chill out and get ready to sleep.... and all of a sudden they start panicking and 'feeling weird'.

The weirdest one was when a friend thought she was dead and in limbo and that the rest of us (myself and 4 friends) were not really us and we were angels of death who were getting her ready to go to the other side. She refused to sleep because she thought that if she slept, she would not wake up and that would be her leaving limbo and dying.

Honestly, the best way out of it is just to lay back and say "ok.... do what you will" and then just go into your head and see how far it takes you.

I like clean acid trips, but one of my faves is eating a nice sativa brownie and dropping a tab... shit gets so fukin weird lol.

I agree with you that every trip is different and that your surroundings play a major role in how the trip is gonna play out, but what I'm confused about is how we were unable to break free from this negativity even though we were in a safe and familiar environment that we had full control over.

Do you generally "hold the space" for your girlfriend when you guys trip together?

My gf used to do it for me for a long time as LSD really use to fuck with me when I first started experimenting with it.. but she was just a total monster and could drop 2 tabs and still have me and my friends organised enough to go out to a psytrance event.

Thanks for the advice. I've heard several people say that surrendering yourself and riding it out works, but honestly I've been too scared to hand myself over to my mind

That first time will often be the scariest. I had a absolutely horrible trip once time that totally disconnected me from reality.... I thought nothing was real. I could hardly remember anything prior to my trip. Everything felt 'off' ... I could feel my body properly and there was just an overall feeling of panic and dread. Tried fucking.. it kind of worked as a distraction temporarily, but I really had to focus... and then afterward it just came on again, so I thought fuck it... I'm going to lay down on the bed and just see where my mind takes me... hey, I might even try to 'fall asleep' .... I wake up like 45 mins later, and I use 'wake up' loosely as I was in some kind of head trip the whole time but it felt like I woke from it... and what do you know, I had calmed down and things started to seemed back to normal.

I went out to the lounge room, good music was playing, friends were dancing and I just joined in and carried on the night.

Always remember than with LSD, the trip is made up of a bunch of different 'scenes'. Just know that the bad trip scene will end if you let it... if you hang on to it and fight fight fight, it will stay with you through the trip.

You could say that, yeah. I'm much more comfortable being in public and around people while tripping than she is, as me and my friends usually like to hit the town after we've finished peaking, and as such I've learned how to make her feel safe and calm when she becomes anxious

>I've been too scared to hand myself over to my mind

well considering psychedelics do just that there is your problem.

OP here.

You guys have shared some very useful information about the sense of dread and such, but I'm still really confused about the shared hallucinations we had. Has anyone experienced something similar?

dont worry too much about synchronic stuff it doesn't make any sense but really neither does reality. Its absolutely fascinating if not very creepy/kinda scary though if you truly experience it, clearly there is more going on beyond what we experience.

Shared experiences are fairly common. You can read into it... but most important is to learn from it. Talk about it. Did you feel the same way when see it? Talk about it to each other in as much detail as you can remember.

OR... if it isn't really bothering you... just move on and take it as a cool experience and let go of any attachment to it.

What I found interesting was that the shape and behavior of the hallucinations remained unchanged, with the only change being the grotesque nature of its composition.
Because of this my initial theory was that this visual difference was just another universal, albeit less pleasant effect of the drug that everyone can experience, like how everyone can see fractals and colour shifts. However I couldn't find anything similar on any forums.

huh sounds like a dream I had which seemed like the most horrific thing I had ever experienced which was not much but flying over some mathematical technological landscape that was indescribably horrific, yet there was nothing visually horrific about it. Pretty weird dream but it was just a dream so w/e. I would treat the experience the same way tbh, psychedelics can really do anything and you got a taste of that imo. I personally just stick to low doses/do them super infrequently now.

I understand how that could seem terrifying. I remember how everything I thought about would appear in my mind's eye, only to morph into these bizarre twisted constructs. The strange thing is that while my visions were horrific and unsettling, I would have brief moments where I found them to be strangely intricate and fascinating.
I don't remember specifically feeling scared at what I was seeing. I think I was disturbed by my inability to think of anything without it changing.