twitter.com/AnonBabble

>The Beatles
>The Beach Boys
>The Velvet Underground
>The Rolling Stones
>The Kinks
>The Doors
From the ones you mentioned:
Rolling Stones > The Doors > The Kinks > The Beatles > The Beach Boys > The Velvet Underground

You forgot The Stooges

1. The Beach Boys
2. The Beatles
3. Stones
4. Velvet Underground
5. Doors
6. Kinks

>thinking The Beach Boys are better than The Beatles

TVU > Rolling Stones > Doors > Beach Boys > Kinks > Beatles

Shit, my mistake, fixed:
Rolling Stones > The Doors > The Beatles > The Beach Boys > The Kinks > The Velvet Underground

The Kinks>TVU>The Doors>Beach Boys>The Beatles>Rolling Stones

Ranking (and also their best years)
> The Beatles (66 - 68)
>The Kinks (66-69)
> Beach Boys (65-67)
> Velvet Underground
> Stones (68-69) - though their psysch rock phase is underated

Yep, they're up there.

Jefferson Airplane (at least pic related) should be mentioned

The VU > The Beach Boys > The Beatles > The Rolling Stones > The Kinks > The Doors

the smiths
the beach boys
the crazy guys
the cool men
the musicians
the big boys
the hair kids
the table
the store
the shit
the band
the word

1. The Beatles
2. The Velvet Underground
3. The Doors
4. The Beach Boys
5. The Rolling Stones
6. The Kinks

The Beatles>The Beach Boys>The Velvet Underground>The Doors>The Kinks> The Rolling Stones
They're all great bands though, and if it wasn't just 60s output the order would be changed.

The Velvet Underground
The Doors
The Beatles
The Beach Boys
The Rolling Stones
The Kinks

Unbelievable that CCR made none of these lists.

TVU>Beatles>Beach Boys>Kinks>Doors>Rolling Stones

The Doors > The Velvet Underground > The Kinks > The Beach Boys > The Beatles > The Rolling Stones

The first two positions are mostly for their debut albums, probably two of the best album made in the sixties.

The Beatles > TVU > The Stones > The Doors > The Kinks > The Beach Boys

Seriously, why so much Beach Boys worship? They had 1 (one) good album.

give wild honey a try, as well as surf's up

The Beatles > The Beach Boys = The Velvet Underground > The Doors = The Rolling Stones > The Kinks

>The beach boys >The Beatles
LMAO

I don't know, I really like 9 of their albums, probably more than any other band, maybe except Beatles.

Wrong. Even if that were true, it doesn't mean they didn't have other good music outside of that one album

the shit is underrated af

Tornados should be included for having the best song of the 60's.
youtube.com/watch?v=BxpZ5rOMH4U

Beach boys are so overrated in terms of importance. Good melodies and harmony singing but didnt write conceptually interesting lyrics at all, their later psychedelic stuff is clunky and he songs are too short for purchase. Finally they had only one real influential album and its more of the kind of album which people just say is nice but doesnt directly influence peoples sound. Furthermore the scene that it influenced most was gone within 3 years.

1. Beatles
2. Velvets
3. Kinks
4. Beach Boys
5. Doobs
6. Byrds
7. Stones
8. Zombies
9. Buffalo Springfield
10. Os Mutantes

Wild honey is severely overrated. Just decent pop songs on lazy production, sounding like spending too much time sucking a blind black mans dick. Also 24 minute record os ridoculous. Cheating their audience. Its an ep.

Any love for the Zombies?

Odyssey and Oracle is top tier, surely?

Hmm sounds too much like a carnaby street poor-man's beach boys.

Dylan >

>Dylan better than nobody
I agree.

Beatles > Beach Boys > Kinks > Doors > Rolling Stones > The Velvet Degenerates

Stones > TVU > Beatles > Doors > Kinks > Beach Boys

kinks #1 defo

>Dylan better than EVERYBODY
I too agree

1. Beatles
2. Velvets
3. Kinks
POWER GAP
everyone else

The Beatles > The Beach Boys >>>>>> the rest

Beach Boys in the 60s had one A+ album, and another A+ album that wasn't released until 45 years later. They are not that great in the grand scheme of the 60s. Discog does not hold up. The Beatles literally had six A+ records in A ROW. Don't put them beside eachother

Quads speak holy truth

Velvet underground so overrated.

They just made it acceptable for rock music to be shit and shoddy.

The Gas
The The
The Kikes
The Race
The War
The Now

OK now I'm mad

1. The Velvet Underground
2. The Rolling Stones
3. The Kinks
huge gap
4. The Doors
5. The Beatles
the grand canyon
6. The Beach Boys

Did i stutter? Its completely true. Theyre just mods in frilly dresses. Beach boy, beatle derivatives who think theyre beatniks.

>tier 1
The Doors

>tier 2
The Beach Boys
The Beatles

>tier 3
The Rolling Stones
The Velvet Underground

>tier 4
The Kinks

All are pretty good, you forgot The Who though

Kys

The Beach Boys were barely influential and the California sound basically took a totally different direction after they fell out of their prime

prove me wrong

He's right though, that's literally the root of their appeal

Whos a weird one because bar th who sells out, all of their bet work isnt really 60s. Tommy is 69 so its close. I wdnt call it a 60s album though. In the same vein as let it bleed. It capitalises on the decline of 60s culture.

I brought this up in another thread last night but why does it seem like the Doors are a common band for other artists of that era to shit on?

David Crosby hated Morrison in particular and the Doors, Joni Mitchell hated the Doors, I think Keef hated the Doors

One person suggested that they didn't fit in with the hippies of the era, but they weren't really any darker or harder than the Rolling Stones were they?

it's because they were genuinely mediocre and they are only legends because of the hype.

Am I right in thinking they weren't popular at all by the time The Doors, Jefferson Airplane etc where in their prime? And did fans of the aforementioned bands have beef with The Beatles for being too pop or whatever?

Probably jealous of their talent. The Who are the only band from that era that approach them in terms of musical ability

t. brainlet

Morrison is an unlikeable unprofessional character. Pretentious. Doors just seen as commercially capitalising on beatnik culture.

The cream?

Is it just me or did the Rolling Stones basically hijack the Kinks' distinct guitar sound? They had already put out "You Really Got Me" before "The Rolling Stones No. 2" came out and shot them to fame

Was it the other way around and The Rolling Stones were the ones who got hijacked by the Kinks? Am I just hearing things?

None of this really matters because we all know everyone was just ripping off Chuck Berry's sound in one way or another

This.
Little richard too

The End is one of the greatest songs of all time.

Lennon even directly admitted that his early hits were ripoffs of other people with slightly altered melodies

Did Buddy Holly rip anyone off or was he an original

Doubt any of them didnt rip people off.

Fade away is jusr bo diddley with new lyrics.

The Rolling Stones
The Beatles
The Velvet Underground
The Beach Boys
The Kinks
The Doors

Swap kinks and stones

Brian Wilson and the beach boys > Vu (first 2 albums)> Beatles > Stones > Kinks

Shit and shoddy??
Listen to the Velvets discography and get back to me. You think everything they did was a transexual monologue/Sister Ray?
They (Lou) wrote exquisitely crafted pop-rock, just as good as anyone else in the 60s. Your ignorance is showing.

I can't fault anyone for not liking a particular type of music I guess, but at the very least literally no one was doing what the Velvets were at the time. Even the Beatles were just ripping off Chuck Berry until they grew into their own

really embarrassing post

The Who's best work is definitely from the 60s
First four albums are the best, all from the 60s

god, Sup Forums is by far the most retarded board on here. easily.

>The Beatles
>Beat
really makes you think

Who sell out, tommy, whos next, quadriphenia,

Listen to more music
Both of your statements are wrong

I don't love Who's Next man, maybe it's because of how much that shit got overplayed on Classic Rock Radio, but I just hate how synth happy they got. I realize the synth was new technology and everyone was excited about it but man they weren't using it right. Even the tiny amount of synth on Abbey Road makes me roll my eyes. But on Who's Next it's just awful. Gimme those tight pop songs from the 60s like I Need You or Whiskey Man any fucking day

The beatles ripping off chuck berry is alot harder to do than the musical equivalent of throwing something in the bin.

Exquisitely crafted is abit far. Half of their songs are incomprehensible. They had good songs but they werent especially special or well written. They wouldnt be popular if they werent shoddy with zero production values on their first two albumsand that exactly their appeal.

the who wasn't a guitar band

And sister ray is my fave song of theirs but it still essentially capitalises on highway 61/blondr on blonde, just with a filthy mouth and screeching. Ill give it to you they were arty and used those influences but so was every other band like the doors or beatles.

I feel whis next used synth very well and very subtly.

Agree to disagree
..lol
I'm certain you've never listened to the Velvets discography if you're still saying this.
Femme Fatale, Venus in Furs, There She Goes Again, the entirety of Self Titled, the entirety of Loaded. Masterfully crafted pop-rock. Incomprehensible? Clean your ears.

The Beach Boys > The Beatles = Pink Floyd > The Doors = The Kinks > The Velvet Underground > The Rolling Stones

>The Beach Boys > The Beatles
stopped reading right there
Wilson was a near retard.

Yeah i said half their songs
All the songs u mentioned are shoddy productions. There she goes again is literally marvjn gaye rip ofg. Last 2 songs on banana are incomprehensible. So is heard her call my name and heck pretty much most of white light white heat., murder mystery. Run run run. Here she comes is not even a song its a mantra. Half the self titles album is just a rip iff of flying burrito brothers

Not even Brian Wilson would say Beach Boys>Beatles
So this is your criticism of music? Calling 50 year old recordings "shoddy" and calling something a loose "ripoff" of a then-contemporary act? Don't @ me again

Sorry loaded not the self titled. Ironically if they never made the first 2, loaded would probably be considered a better album

They were shoddy ffs
Compare banana album to sergeant pepper. Was fucking shoddy. They wd say that. Its how its supposed to be and their appeal in music. They are underproduced music with no boundaries. Its the sergeant pepper of indie music and overrated as such.

Lol at ur hissy fit.

You are not welcome on this board.

It's not a hissy fit, just bemusement. You'll probably get over this "hi-fi" phase when you're older and start evaluating the music for the music rather than how good the microphones were used to record that music. By your logic all music before 1970 (save the Beatles) sounds like a tin-can cellphone recording. I'm not going to convince you of anything, just know you're a pleb right now but eventually you won't be.

t. Wilsonfag

Beatles had better early output (Help, AHDN) Beach Boys had better "late" output (Surf's up, Smiley Smile, Today, Friends)

Beatles
Stones
TVU
Beach Boys
Doors
Kinks

Literally the only Beach Boys album that competes with the Beatles is Pet Sounds. If we're counting Smile, even though it didn't come out until 2011, then two. Beach Boys have two albums that can be mentioned alongside the Beatles. That means better late output? Because I'm assuming you were being silly when you implied Smiley Smile, Surf's Up, Friends can even approach Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, White Album, Abbey Road.

I'll make one concession: Pet Sounds is better than any Beatles album. But the next 7 best albums are all Beatle albums.

Rolling Stones
The Beach Boys
The Doors
The Velvet Underground
The Kinks
The Beatles

>The Velvet Underground
>The Beatles
>The Beach Boys
>The Rolling Stones
>The Doors
>The Kinks

Lots of nicely produced 60s music. Im not saying nusic cant be shoddy. Im saying that vu shpuldnt be considered as GOAT because they innovated throwing music in the bin on purpose and pretebding to be bob dylan on crack and whores.

Lol on the contrary, you will get over your lo-fi vu fanboy craze like i did about 7 years ago, walking through the student union in a banana shirt.

>Lots of nicely produced 60s music
not really, most 60s bands sounded like shite

Smile is overrated i think and overpretentious.
Dont even consider it pop music. The dribble of a mad man.

And lots sounded nice when the technology presented itself. I can name many.

>Lol on the contrary, you will get over your lo-fi vu fanboy craze like i did about 7 years ago, walking through the student union in a banana shirt.
Lel. I don't care about lo-fi or hi-fi, I care about the music. How well it's written, arranged and performed. The fact that you wore that shirt around so proudly but are no renouncing them shows me that you carry music around a fashion accessory and probably don't care all that much about the sounds going into your ears. Also I don't believe you've listened to much 60s music if you think the Velvets sound like music in a trashbin. They sound pretty well par for the course as far as music from then is produced and recorded. Yeah, White Heat sounds pretty bad but that's only one of their albums. So maybe you just don't like old music because it doesn't sound like crisp clean Max Martin production: your loss.

Fair enough. I like Smile and thought I'd mention it because most people think it's pretty great.