What happen in 1945?

what happen in 1945?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potsdam_Agreement#Protocol
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1939)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarnów_rail_station_bomb_attack
youtube.com/watch?v=ESBXOOMi7SE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Millions of ethnic Krauts were ass kicked back to the core "German" lands.

Post WWII punishment.

wir war konigen und scheeeeeise

Thanks to the guilt culture in Germany, no one gives a fuck about this Genocide.

Remember you killed 90000000000 Jews.

Poles got re-settled by the USSR, Germans got re-settled by the re-settled Poles.
Also, a lot of them died

aliya

I am not quite sure, but I think you lost another world war.

Putin borned

Thank uncle and aunt Hitler and Stalin.
We got fucked over too.

nothing that wasn't deserved

>genocide
Sure, it was criminal and inhuman ethnic cleansing and many atrocities happened. But it wasn't a genocide because the goal wasn't extermination, only expulsion.

>ethnic cleansing
Isn't that a subcategory of genocide? Extermination of a race/nationality from a specific area?

>Ethnic cleansing is similar to forced deportation or population transfer whereas genocide is the intentional murder of part or all of a particular ethnic, racial, religious, or national group.

What if you know that
>forced deportation or population transfer
will result in murder of part or all of a particular ethnic, racial, religious, or national group

genocide is the extermination of a group with the intent of completely wiping out a group of people. in truth their's only been a few genocides in history and the only one that was actually successful was Genghis khan

By that definition a failed genocide isn't a genocide.

Shit map
There are no Germans in France

There were massacres of ethnic German civilians, some perpetrated by Czechoslovak Army units, mainly during the first (lawless and chaotic) phase of expulsion immediately after the war. It was more ordered after provisional government established control over whole country.

>2 million dead people are ok if you didn't really mean to kill them

I never said it was ok. It wasn't.

>The West German government in 1958 estimated the death toll be about 270,000,[8] a figure that has been cited in historical literature since then.[9] Recent research by a joint German and Czech commission of historians in 1995 found that the previous demographic estimates of 220,000 to 270,000 deaths to be overstated and based on faulty information, they concluded that the actual death toll was at least 15,000 persons and that it could range up to a maximum of 30,000 dead if one assumes that some deaths were not reported. The Commission statement also said that German records show 18,889 confirmed deaths including 3,411 suicides. Czech records indicated 22,247 deaths including 6,667 unexplained cases or suicides.[10][11][12][13][14][15][16] The German Church Search Service was able to confirm the deaths of 14,215 persons during the expulsions from Czechoslovakia (6,316 violent deaths, 6,989 in internment camps and 907 in the USSR as forced laborers).[17]

Yeah you didn't say that, sorry for implying that. My history book said 2 million ethnic germans died during the expulsion, that number does however include other former german territories e. g. in today's poland as well, so there's that

Point 12. : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potsdam_Agreement#Protocol

/close thread

start shit get hit

Germany Japan and Italy learned some lessons I guess.

poland stole german lands

One crime doesn't justify another

eye for an eye

It was a tragic history.

Sudeten were the worst affected by dissolution of the Habsburg Monarchy and they were also angry that right of self-determination was denied to them. Czechoslovak minority policy was actually quite progressive for its time and place, but there were problems.

Then came the Great Depression which heavily hit industrial Sudeten. It only got worse after Hitler assumed power in Germany. Nazi Sudetendeutsche partei also gained in popularity. Tension rose and Nazi propaganda claimed that Czechoslovak state is carrying out a genocide of Germans.

Then came Munich Agreement, Protectorate, Heydrich terror. Beneš government built closer ties to USSR which allowed them to carry out the expulsion.

Wild animals must be tamed.

No, the civilians of the former eastern terretories weren't responsible for the war crimes commited by other germans

It's only okay when we do it :)

>, the civilians of the former eastern terretories weren't responsible for the war crimes
Except they were.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1939)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarnów_rail_station_bomb_attack

They behaved like arabs.

they voted for hitler

It absolutely does.
If you raid my home I have the right to grab an axe and split your skull in half.

Decades of forced resettlements, oppression of culture, seizing of private property, persecution of language, germanisation
They had it coming.

It's amazing we're talking about only a few hundred thousand casaualties.

lol

every single ethnic german in these regions was responsible? everyone commited warcrimes? this justifies hunting down the (unfortunately very many) perpetrators, not every ethnic german. If I raid your home you can crack open my skull, but you cannot rightfully kill my family.
And again, saying that the expulsion and murder of ethnic germans at the end of the war was unjust and brutal doesn't mean I support the horrible crimes commited by my countrymen or that I seek to downplay them in any way

Thanks for the Information, that is really interesting! I find it very unfortunate that the germans didn't get rid of the nazis themselves and in time...

Czechoslovak inter-war diplomacy completely failed, even though it was the only way to protect a country with those borders.

All our neigbours hated us. Czechoslovak hockey team was beaten up on championship in Poland. Our sport teams got cold welcome even in supposedly allied countries (UK, France, USSR).

It was probably we believed that our country is the most enlightened and progressive in the world. We were overly smug and ideological and navel-gazing. Never cared to promote our country abroad and even our neighbours didn't know much about us. Maybe that's why the world community fell for nazi propaganda that we were lynching ethnic Germans.

Why were the czech and slovakians actually united in one country in the first place? Only because the entente said so after ww1?

It did happen in Czechoslovakia after the end of the war. The government only punished those who did these crime only after a few months after the end of war.

It's a long history. Slovakized Czech was actually a liturgical language of Slovak Protestants since the Reformation.

That's what I said here

I dunno my German history books just skip over that part.

see

Remember fellow goyman, it was only bad when we did it because we are ebil subhumanz and Nuzis. Cute innocent neighbors dindu nuffin, it was all justified. Remember that the brave allied countries liberated us because they love us so much. Be grateful!

>this coming from a g*rman

They should've dismantled west Germany instead

>Oyy you cannot judge me, cause you are from x country

Nice argument

no excuse for war crimes commited by germans, no excuse for war crimes commited by anyone else

Everybody always talks about the german territorial changes in this map, but if you look closely you can easily notice that poland and slovakia had shrink in territorial size just like germany. Both the poles and the slovaks were pushed westwards.

Why don't you talk about that too? The after war caused deep changes in the ethnic landscape of europe far beyond germany

nothing of value was lost

Don't insult the dead

Sure thing. You may as well stop putting criminals into prisons because bad + bad =/= good, amrite?

youtube.com/watch?v=ESBXOOMi7SE

Thats not what i said. Of course it was necessary to punish the germans that commited war crimes, but that does not justify the expulsion and murder of the civilian population