Why did we pretend for years that what.cd was superior to soulseek?

why did we pretend for years that what.cd was superior to soulseek?

You tell me. Sekrit klub trackers are the worst

T R A N S C O D E S

If you're a FLACtard then you deserve it.

flac is for autismos but 192 is for braindead retards

because muh secret club

actually no

yes

what about VBR? in excess of >192

Because WCD had quality control and better speeds since you're usually leeching from multiple sources

192 is quite ok

>Because WCD had quality control

haha : )

as if this is a legitimate issue with soulseek.

wut?

>tfw no red, waffles and apollo

How is it not?

dude

you what

>192 is quite ok
why even listen to music

You've either never bothered to check your downloads or you're baiting. A massive amount of 320 kbps uploads on slsk are actually 192 at best (often worse).

And the download speed are a big thing too. If it's an essential or popular album, slsk is fine. But depending on what you're looking for, you may have to wait around for the 1 dude on slsk who has the album you want to get online just so you can download it from him at 60 kbps.

The best option is obviously to use slsk, Sup Forums archives, and a private tracker all together. There's no downside to using multiple sources when necessary. I don't even get this debate really like they're completely different things all together.

>A massive amount of 320 kbps uploads on slsk are actually 192 at best (often worse).
Tbchwyf I don't think I've ever had this issue.

>A massive amount of 320 kbps uploads on slsk are actually 192 at best (often worse).

>But depending on what you're looking for, you may have to wait around for the 1 dude on slsk who has the album you want to get online just so you can download it from him at 60 kbps.

the delusions of a private tracker apologist, everyone.

none of this is remotely true.

I use slsk and this is my actual experience. Like I said, with more common albums it's perfectly fine to use.

Its happened to me.
I have to ignore any track that says 320kbps but doesn't show the duration, usually a give away.

seriously, check your downloads pals. i use slsk/red/apollo/rutracker for my music and i've encountered plenty of transcodes while using slsk (and terrible ones, like 128 to 320 or some dense shit). it's not that common tho, but it can be frustraiting at times.

Thanks for the advice but I generally check the quality of most everything I download because I'm an autist.

yes.