Any Sup Forumstard ever worked in the military, law enforcement or fire service?

Any Sup Forumstard ever worked in the military, law enforcement or fire service?
Seems like it doesn't get any more alpha than these careers, but how difficult are they really?

lol i agree the standards have gone downhill over the last years, but there's still some jobs within law enforcement that are pretty alpha

Difficulty? You'll have to clarify what you mean exactly. As ex-law enforcement, I can tell you it's completely unrewarding: socially, financially, and intrinsically.

Shooting up churches is about as apex predator as it gets.

What are you wondering exactly... It's the laziest job you would ever imagine!
2000-2004 ft. Bliss tx

Go military. Can't get more alpha than that.

dont forget wife and child beating

sublime alpha tier

I'm a fireman. About 4 years in

Former Medic in the US Army.

Long hours, extremely boring for 99% of your work day, 90% of people who enlist never see combat so all the infantrymen end up patrolling/standing guard/doing menial labor (digging ditches, cleaning, etc).

Milfag life is boring as shit.

is it true the selection process is insanely difficult and only a few people make it?

^
>This
In law enforcement, It's 95% driving around, doing paperwork, or trying to coax information out of people who don't want to talk to you because, guess what, you're a cop. The other 5% is high anxiety situations with a very real threat to your health and if you fuck up once, even as a legitimate accident, you're ostracised by the public and lose your job. Not a great way to live.

I was a fire fighter for 4 years, joined up when i was 18 as a volunteer figured wont be that bad since i live in a small town. Well that changed when we got a call for a mvc christmas eve a car lost control and slid through the ditch into oncoming traffic and got hit by a semi going 100km/h. It was a man and a women and a 5 year old boy, kid made it his dad died upon impact and the mom later died in the hospital but i will never forget the look on that kids face when i pulled him out and he got a glimpse of his dead dad and dying mother and he just started crying.

I sat with the kid for half an hour well his parents got pulled out of the car and he kept trying to run over wanting his mom and dad crying and begging not knowing he will never get to see them again.

I quit two days after because i don't think i could deal with something like that again.

as it should be, you die by the power you wield faggot.

All depends where u try to get hired. My dept has opened like 5 Stations in the last 2 years so lots of new hires. Some depts like big cities there will be thousands applying for a few spots.

OMG, poor america. wtf happened?

>hold the anchovies, over

Swiss Army ARD 10 (anti-terror) here.
It's a very demanding job but also very rewarding and something I enjoy. I think working in an office would be a lot more "difficult" because it would make me feel like shit for the whole week.

so what does one do in the swiss armys anti terror branch? any deployments outside of switzerland ?

explain the tactical setup in this picture, why are teh three rear dudes aiming forwards and the two front fags basically not ready to return fire.

Looks like some fags decided to have some fun/goof off on a training exercise. It happens a lot.

Everyone has tough calls from time to time.
My worse one was also a car crash in a suburban town. It was a Friday morning and kids were walking to school then this drunk driver swerves onto the sidewalk, takes out 2 trees and a telephone pole and 4 kids. Right in front of morning traffic, their families were on scene before we were. There was nothing we could really do.
Nothing CISM and EAP can't fix though.

Most of our work is done internally. Basically we took over a lot of duties from the police related to anti-terror because they don't have the resources to do it properly. I have only been deployed twice outside Switzerland.

Not a tactical exercise, this was a swim exercise with full gear which we had to complete within a certain time.

America Ran On Dunkin'

Firefighters are the most alpha

I was thinking of getting a job in the National Guard or Fire Department. Honestly, I'd join the Army infantry at this point if it meant getting a job.

Anyone been in these and could recommend them? Or advise against them?

stay away from infantry, national guard is good, firefighting depends on your city

Been in a military, laziest years of my life. Drank coffee all day long and got paid for it.

Just a bunch of guys that want to act tough and spend lots and lots of time with other guys taking showers.

Corporate diversity chief is pretty alpha.

Thanks. I'll reconsider the National Guard. Can you explain what exactly they do? I can't imagine they do much beyond when an emergency happens. Their website doesn't help much.

To be honest, I really want to serve my country, but I'm a massive coward.

If you are a lazy ass like me apply for a tank electrician,ask specifically to be in a battalion and not workshop.

What's the difference? I dont know stuff like that.

You only tasked with fixing minor problems, If a tank gets fucked up badly and you can't fix it it goes straight to the workshop.Guys there work 12+ hours a day.

Ah. I see. Thank you.