Have any of you ever been in a psychiatric hospital? Do they strip search you? Are there communal showers?

Have any of you ever been in a psychiatric hospital? Do they strip search you? Are there communal showers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pIBEwmyIwLA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I was in the childrens ward when i was 15, no and no

Can confirm. Psychiatric for troubled youth, 14.

No strip search, but I was already wearing a gown cause they transferred me from emergency surgery once I was stable. No communal showers, but the bathroom mirror was clearly a 2-way mirror (put your finger on a mirror surface, if there is a space between your finger and the reflection it's a normal mirror, if there's no space it's a 2-way).

Got hit on by a schizophrenic chick.

Fucken low point of my life.

Thanks for reminding me.

Was like 17, no and no.

If your type is cut up teens girls looking for a shoulder to cry on you hit the jackpot, the only problem is there are cameras everywhere and girls sleep on separate sides of the ward so sex is virtually impossible, even if there weren't any cameras you can't sneak past wardens, wardens also check bedrooms once an hour or so making it pretty difficult to fuck someone there unless it's the wardens themselves lmao

I was actually so scarred from being with these ridiculously hot girls while also not being able to jerk off for almost a month that for a couple months after I left I had constant dreams where I fucked/gave head to super thicc psych ward girls, God damn I miss that place.

>Do they strip search you?
No. That would be an instant lawsuit. At the worst, you'll get a patdown if they catch you with contraband.
>Communal showers
Dude you'll get your own fucking bathroom.

I worked in a hospital with a psych ward for a year and a half. Granted, I worked in the pharmacy, but I made runs up there all the time. It was... generally pretty chill. There were a few times someone tried to break out ("exit seekers", we called `em) - though once it was just a really, really confused lady with aphasia.

The GERIATRIC ward, now that was a fucking trip. One of our patients would kick you every time you walked by if you got within leg distance of her. Another was convinced that all her friends were 'RIGHT THROUGH THAT DOOR AND WAITING FOR HER' - there was no door where she was pointing. A third old geezer was the coolest old guy you could ever hope to meet, but was in the ward because he was having sporadic war flashbacks and hurting himself - he had an awesome attitude about it, though. Said he was just there until they could figure out how to drug him up 'juuuuust enough', and griped about how pot wasn't legal where we were. "Seriously, I'mma get outta here and catch a bus to Boulder. Get somma that Purple Haze." Then he'd wink and give you a shit eating grin, make you wonder if he was serious or not.

no and no

I wasn't strip searched, but people who were known to be on drugs, they searched them.

As a minor, I was not strip searched.

As an adult, I had to take my clothing off in front of two people. They were listing any identifying features in case i ran away. I wasn't touched, so this really wasn't a search in the same sense.

at the nuthouse I'd have to go into isolation so they strip me and give me some white jacket.
no shared showers tho, thankfully, I don't need to be raped in a hospital.

Yes. No, and no.

i got to one in my tweens

yes to strip search

yes to comunal showers kind of , there were 1m high separations so only your lower was ''hidden'' so you try any shit

i've been in three of them. no searching. i even laughed at them when they took away my shoelaces--because i could have hung myself(?)--and left me with heavy three hole docs. i picked one up and said "this is still a pretty good weapon" and they looked at me for a second. one time an attendant lady walked in on me naked as i was in the shower but she was just cute and embarrassed laughing.

there WAS another ward though... full of niggers. one day we had "arts and crafts" together. i was making cute little tiny beads on rubber band finger necklaces with some 20 something chicks and these niggers would be unable to even sit there and start shaking their heads like apes about to explode and had to be taken back.

i was there for 30 days for "terroristic threats". no medication, no crime/punishment. the assholes made me do 30 days because they wanted insurance money, i was harmless, and they found weed in my system. really. a month for having weed in my system.

youtube.com/watch?v=pIBEwmyIwLA

>Have any of you ever been in a psychiatric hospital?
implying it's possible to ever step out of one

Yes, depends on why you are there, and same sex showers aren't abnormal. There's a lot of monitoring in the shower area (at least in the one where I went to) so not a lot of fag stuff going on.

yeah i have been a number of times, im diagnosed schizoaffective and will guaranteed freak the fuck out if im not on antipsychotic medication. yes they strip search you, they make you squat and cough, the whole shebang. they take everything from you except your underwear and they give you what is essentially a prison jumpsuit to wear. and no, its usually 1 or 2 people to a room and each room usually has a shower

Don't they know that making a mentally ill kid strip naked is a recipe for disaster?

Which country?

I’ve worked in one. Too many exaggerations, it’s probably one of the genuinely most normal places I’ve ever been to.

No and yes. They have communal showers, but they do not strip search you. You'll probably sleep in a dorm with other crazies though. I was locked up in one for a little over half a year for attempting to commit suicide when I was like, 8-years old. The most you'll do is sit around group therapy sessions, eat orange ice cream, and play puzzles/board games. The nurses are also not the kindest people around.

>disaster
You misspelled 'entertainment extravaganza'

le edgy face XDDD

In my experience the facilities strip search you, the holding wards in hospitals where you stay before you go don't (but I've been wanded, but still got my phone and charger in by hiding it in the bed). You have your own bathroom or share one with the room next to you.

I've picked up a chick both times I was in the psych hospital - they try to keep men and women apart, but the girls are pretty easy. Boredom and loneliness is a great combination in a girl if you're looking to get laid, just pay attention to them and you're in. Then you have the really fucked up ones that can't really function, but if you're nice to them, tell them they're cute, start touching them innocently then if they respond well keep touching them. If you can't get away from the techs just get their info and fuck them when you both get out. Most of them don't have friends, so they'll latch onto you if you were hanging out all the time in the hospital. Oh, and keep your expectations at "fuckable" - no one really looks good in a hospital, but they can clean up nice with makeup and shit once they're out.

what does the pic mean?

It was in mexico
They were kind of the experts in that so they didnt get questioned much , but yes it was really fuck up , the mayority of top people were males even counselors , but the "nannys" were females so not that bad i guess
But to the tell the truth , it was all weird at the time so i dont really know what was what really

You're a sociopath

USA, north east area. There were stories of nicer places with private showers, but most this place had was a 1/2 bath in the rooms.

Are you male or female?

it's Twin Peaks related

>All these fucking mentally ill people

Sure you can, a friend of mine spent two weeks in one. I'm partly at fault, will be diong a greentext some time

yeah thanks google, but what does it mean

>("exit seekers", we called `em)

we said they were elopement risks

I thought that was mostly a 3rd world thing. New England is like the most civilized area of the country. Did they just have you undress and change, or did they do the whole search under the dick and balls and between your ass cheeks?

blacjk lodge

>Strip search? Fuck no, then again I was also a minor (A couple month long stints between the ages of 13-14)
>Communal Showers? Fuck no, you are never alone with another resident unless you are heavily supervised in a group area.

female
it has been many yrs since then , i have been "good or ok" so far , so i dont know how they are now
i have gone to 2 -3 , 2 hard ones and 1 light one

That's nuts. Glad you're past it now though.

you carried a bed in with you?

Probably snuck it in inside his butt or under his foreskin.

Ive been to a few professionally. And i can tell u schizophrenic ward is 1 big, stinking smoke room

take away their smokes and they will riot

There was a laxadasical strip search. Private showers.

yea

I was never stripped, but if they suspected drugs or violence they would. I never witnessed (obviously they didn't let people sit there and watch others strip)

nuts is not even close
stuff is batshit crazy inside , most of the time you dont know what is happening and people are asses , workers and patients , you are more on edge inside to tell the truth

>laxadasical
been a while since I've seen this word in use

I currently run one as the overnight manager. We strip search whenever we have reason to suspect something (drug concerns or black people). If you're a normal depressed teen, we don't give a shit and just send you to the corresponding ward for your condition / gender. If you're giving us any trouble, you better believe you're getting strip searched though. Unfortunately it's one of those our word vs your word deals, and nobody questions the medical 'professional' even though I'm just some random dipshit anyway.

If you end up there, just keep your head down and get through it. You're not going to learn anything or fix any serious issues, it's just a temporary holding cell. If you have serious mental problems, get the fuck out of there and see an outpatient therapist or psychiatrist. Lie as much as possible to get out. Just say what we need to hear, never admit to being suicidal or violent and get out asap.

People who mistreat the mentally ill or vulnerable belong in a locked ward.

No offense , i know how troublesome and annoying we are

But i have find 70% of the workers in there are fucking shitheads like you that make the patients life a living hell even more , so fuck you

But i do understand where this is coming , as i say , we are a pain in the ass and i dont know how people can do that kind of work

yeah , atleast half of the workers are messing with you always because is "their qualify opinion" agains a "fucking nuts opinion" , plus they dont whant to lose face so they just overlook stuff all the time

best you cant do , just like jail , do your time and play nice until you get out

On suicide watch for 3 days because I snapped. years ago.
No strip search, you just get treated like you're crazy, always strapped down until you are seen by a professional. Then you're put in a room with other actual crazy fucks; hearing all kinds of chatter and noises. unless you're an actual threat then you get a comfy concrete room. If you can keep your sanity there for said days and prove it then you're good and released.

Don't remember. All the ECT sessions fried my brain.

No offense taken. I want you to get the fuck out of there as soon as possible and get back to your life. I don't get any joy out of keeping suicidal kids against their will, nor do I think we're giving you the treatment you need to get back on track. As I said, we're a glorified holding cell.

Remember though, there's two sides to every story. To you, it's one random struggle of the day, to me it's the 12 one that shift. If you come in and mind your own business, I will be as polite to you as my staff and get you out asap. If you're hopped on adderall, xanax and booze and want to personally take your problems out on me, it's not gonna go well.

You know how many fucking times a year I end up in the ER? It's always for stupid shit: Some jackass stabs me with a pen because I trusted him. I take down a crazy guy attacking a 5'1 nurse and land with his elbow in my gut the wrong way, etc. I get a tetanus shot and bloodwork because random suicidal teenager #325235 bite me again. I just want to do my job, go home and disappoint my wife: I'm not in the mood to wrestle with 10-12 people per day, every single fucking day. I don't give a shit if you're a pain in the ass verbally, call me whatever you want -- just try not to make it physical.

As for the shower situation, we had a roommate, so we took turns showering.

Got committed for suicide attempt. They took my clothes and everything. Gave me these thin hospital clothes. Gave me a drug test. Had to share a room with some big fat old man who slept all day and snored constantly. Twice a day I had to have my blood pressure taken and a quick look over from the nurse. They would come around every fifteen minutes to check on you too with a clipboard in hand. That's every fifteen minutes, 24/7. That means at night they'd hit you with the flashlight to check on you, so you never really got sleep. Every week or so I had to meet with the doctors, three of them. They'd ask me questions and send me on my way. Took like ten minutes. Crazy people really don't realize they're crazy. My hospital had frosted windows so you couldn't actually look outside. Had one row machine for exercise.

Yeah, we never got strip searched though. The worse they did is used a metal detector on us and checked through all our possesions. It wasn't too bad in there, boring and insane

I worked at a psychiatric hospital once, I'm a medfag

It was One of the saddest places I ever worked, made me rethink some things in my life

Stashed phone in the regular er bed before the wanding, then crotched it when they took me upstairs to the psych ward.

Where I was, they let some of us keep our phones with us, but we had to use and charge them where the nurses could keep an eye on us. It was commonplace for the nonphonefags to ask us if they could use our phones when the staff weren't looking

Why? It's boring as fuck, and if you're there you already have a lot of shit on your mind, so sex is a welcome distraction. I never went to one with the express purpose of fucking some mentally ill chick, but I'm not about to turn down the opportunity when it's so easy, especially under those circumstances.

i get it , you are on edge by default in those places so anything mildy problematic is just too much
i know we are annoying as fuck , i find worse and even more mind breaking to be there than out
to tell the truth i treat it like jail , do your time and play nice and silent until you get out
i do apologise tho , i was a bitter back in my "worse days" , i got strap to beds and a free pass to wonderland many times in the first days of my "retreats" , midways i used to go full orwellian and hope for a fast release , mostly like you say

From the moment you get there, tell them you're ok, not suicidal or depressed, and want to go home. As long as you're not legit fucked up (hearing voices and shit, rocking back and forth, running naked down the halls) and act cool you should be out in a week.

It's not a place you want to be user, for the most part it's just a holding tank until they get your meds straightened out. Boredom and isolation mean you're essentially sitting around thinking about whatever got you in there in the first place with nothing you enjoy to distract you. Would not recommend/10.

Wow, how did you manage to fuck? There wasn't a chance when I was in the hospital nuthouse. The not hospital one I went to it would of been possible though.

Ah no problem man. I've never been through it from your perspective, it's really that bad isn't it? It's a shitty situation for everyone involved I think. Our mental health system is a joke. You're right: it's basically prison. I do what I can to make it easier on the respectful patients, but once someone is 'suicidal' there's limits to how lenient we can be. Also, every time I get stabbed, it's because I was being too lax with someone I trusted and I ended up regretting it. Some people are very hard to read.

>do your time and play nice and silent until you get out

That's definitely the smart way to do it. It sucks, but just put on an act and get out asap. No good comes from there.

I went to school to help people and be a therapist. I have tried to work days and therapy instead of managing psychward, but it never gets anywhere because I'm 6'4 and they want someone 'intimidating' running nights. The only way to pay my bills and student loans is this way, but I still hope to do actual therapy some day. The way they see it is if we run a small crew at night, they want it to be the larger males. I'm also the youngest manager so I have no say.

You just have to find a place without cameras to do it, like the bathroom. Expect to be caught all the same, but consenting adults. The first time I went we got caught twice - they didn't say anything to me (35), but she (20, multiple personalities, prone to outbursts etc) got the 3rd degree for "acting like that" around a guy, which I found funny. Like it was all her fault and I couldn't be expected to control myself when she was throwing herself at me.

2nd time they had cameras in the rooms, so I just got the girl's info, got out the day after she did and hooked up that weekend (she was fairly normal, just off her meds when she got committed).

There was a few in mine I would of railed the shit out of, like, ballsack completly empty level of rail. The second one I went to a few months later was a lot more lax, cameras only in the common areas and had our own rooms with shower, toilet, desk aircon and bed. But it's really hard to get in to it. Thankfully I've evened out a lot and don't need to go to any of them anymore.

Still had nurses do their little clipboard checks all the time though and the night shift staff would always come introduce themselves, although they were just the same three groups of people all the time.

Yeah, night isn't a good time to try anything. They checked more often, but during the day with people moving around, people with their doors closed sleeping, groups in the common areas that need staff present it's much easier to slip off with someone.

I've been to multiple in my life time due to the fact i'm a diagnosed sociopath. The first time I was in a mental hospital was when I was 13. I was strip searched, and cavity searched. In my experience it just depends on what you're in for. It was known I could get past most security measures so they had to fucking sure.

My advice? Just shut up and do what you're asked to do.If you have the skills just bribe the people. Thats how I got out just be smart and cover your tracks.

It depends on the staff really, at least at the few I've worked in. We have a lot more hidden cameras and 1 way glass than most would realize. There's tons of fucking going on because let's be serious: the place is awful. Even during the day, I notice when people sneak off and bump uglies but don't wish to deny them the 1 pleasure of this shithole place.

Most staff are like this. They know, but don't care as long as it's consensual. Some staff are complete dbags and won't let patients have any fun or just follow all the rules by the book. I always figured night was your best time. We usually send sec guards/wardens around every hour or so, so if you time it right you have enough alone time to get the job done. We have triple the staff during the day and the cameras are better manned.

>nuthouse
underrated

You're spot on with the just shut up part. You know why you're there. Keep your mouth shut, do not admit to any suicidal or violent thoughts and we can get you out in under a week. If you seriously do have these issues, you're still better off getting out: we're mostly a holding cell. Outpatient meds/therapy is where you'll get the real help.

As for the bribing thing, that's impressive it worked for you. I've had it offered a few times, as have other staff, but we always turn it down. It's not worth getting fired because some kid offered you 150$. We have cameras EVERYWHERE. Besides the ones you know, there's at least 2-3 more times you haven't seen. Hell I don't even know all of 'em. combine that with the ridiculous amounts of 1 way glass and bribing might not be the best idea.

Given the chance I would of railed half the staff too.

Yeah, but then you have the paranoid people who are expecting to be spied on, and then people like me who knows how/where to look for such things

Cavity search? That's fucking brutal. I didn't even get cavity searched in prison. I assume this was a while ago though since you were 13.

It is worse at the begining , atleast for me , hence why the "hard treatment" , after a week i got chill tho , when i got use to my fate and the peoples shit
Im from mexico and things are worse in here , workers are basically "king" and what they say is done , had to endure some shit back in the day , mainly because i got in trouble and piss people off and they piss me off more and so on and on..until i got tired and understood for the 100th time i would never win
There were nice people too , i did took advantage and got many favors out of them , never hurt them tho, i always understood not to bite the hand than feed me
They did took the more "intimidating" one at night , but usually those were the more chill ones too , the day people were more shitty since they had to handle our shit mostly
i did try to sleep in the day to not deal with those people and stay up in the night doing stuff

Damn. I couldnt even have a room mate.

When youre known for making knives out of carbon fiber then putting them places things are a little different...

For us they generally had women on at night, usually hot ones or milfy ones. I don't recall seeing one outright unattractive female nurse actually. Although they had ample security 24/7 and on more on one occasion they had to step in and tackle someone who randonly flew off the handle.

That was an intersting Christmas!

>Strip Search No.
>Communal Showers. Yes. In the facility I went to they retrained us to go back to society post trauma. I was there because I had amnesia from a car crash. We stayed in a group and went everywhere as to be social. And yes, the showers we co-Ed with dividers blocking below the neck.

Lucky. Last time I was there I had this autistic roommate who wouldn't talk, but just stayed up all night muttering fuck and bullshit to himself over and over and shaking and beating on his bed.

For most rooms your "roommate" is just a shared bathroom.

Yeah, ECT time was always drama time for the people in there who needed it. Except for my room mate, he took it like a champ.

It's always interesting to hear from the other perspective. I will keep a lot of this in mind when dealing with my patients. Take it easy man, nice talking to you.

You're lucky. I'm stuck with 5 other males, 1 6 ft tall 300 lb lesbian, and one beautiful nurse who everyone hits on. It's pretty funny watching all the staff and patients compete for the attention of the one hot nurse. I wish we had milfy ones.

Well fuck apparently I am too. Sounds like a smart dude playing his cards for pussy.

Most of the time I just sneak out and chill with the dude a cross the hall.

In one of the ones I was in my roomie would wake up at 4:30 AM, on the DOT, turn the light on, drink exactly THREE coffies, then pace around the room until 8 AM. Not to mention he'd always go to the toilet and leave the door open and remove ALL his clothes, and he'd always offer me shit like half smokes and coffee and he would get really mad if I didn't want a coffee. He was an ok guy, just not right in the head

I can agree with this. spent a month in a psych ward when I was 17. Basically hung out with this chick named Ally. we fucked regularly in her shower. we've met up once since then. I've got stories about my time if anyone wants to hear.

I have a state hospital in my town. A mexican dude told me you could wait across the street by the mexican kind of poor houses where theres a little grocery store and good and pick up on hot as fuck crazy chicks. Anyone ever heard of this?

No and No
they did drugtests though :D

Moar.

During the day they had the males on because at night they'd just medicate everyone and the meds they gave us knocked everyone but me out. So they started dosing me during the day as well as the standard morning and night med calls.

Only one bloke tried to outright flirt with the nurses. I was more suttle, but one of them heard me say the nurses were hot and ended up using physical contact more than neccicary like patting me on the back or holding a hand out to help me up even though I didn't need it. And she didn't do it with anyone else there

Adult psyche ward here.

Spent a week in confinement, with a vallium shot into the ass cheek every few hours due to excessive violence and self harm (pic related), spent over three months in psyche before I was released

Q: Do they Strip Search you

No. However they have you remove your clothes and put on your psyche ward outfit in front of them (naked)

Q: Are there communal showers

No, however if you are being watched for self harm like I was, a nurse will allocate you a shower time, and then he/she will sit on a chair and you will shower with a curtain that only covers high enough for some privacy.

This nurse will watch you.

They will also stand behind you when you piss, and monitor carefully when you're taking a shit.

In fact in the ward that I was in there were limited rooms in a circle around a circular nurses station ( no glass, windows, everything was bars and polycarbonate) so that you are in eye-sight of a person at all times, 100% of the time.

What do you need to actually worry about?

Well see, the thing about being committed is, you're actually there indefinitely. For as long as the doctors deem you a threat to yourself or others they can retain you indefinitely until they are satisfied that you're not going to step outside and shank a motherfucker as fast as you can.

If you're in there for a while, occasionally a nurse will go outside with you and walk around the hospital grounds to get you some fresh air (yard time), and they will usually have a guard following you.

Don't bother running, they will drug you up before you go outside.

From my experience... Holy fuck stay away from this sort of place. This is NOT somewhere for oyu to time out from life.

I have permanently issues as a result of what I went through there. They loaded me up on so much fucking Aropax that 10 years later I still get these electric shock type feelings at the top of my brain stem... A known side effect from having too much of the shit...

Oh and the solitary confinement room was basically a pillow on a concrete floor

A little slot in the door will open up and your food will slide in.

Twice a day 2 guards will come in to give you your pills. If you refuse to take them, they will pin you down, stick a needle full of vallium in your ass cheek, then force you to take the pills while you're fucked up

Stay out man. Stay the fuck away.

Yeah, my autistic roommate stripped naked to go to the bathroom too. The girl I was fucking with kind of tried to look after him like he was a kid - she was cute with triple D tits, so he did what she told him.

I think he started to get jealous though, he started pointing at me and making noises and shit and then got into my clothes and tried to put them on, even though he was like 300lbs.

I feel you man, only difference is I was allowed out for smoko between certain hours and actually found the solitary time to be relaxing and therapudic. That and no matter what they gave me they couldn't knock me out and just had to wait until I ended up passing out.

my friend (a girl, she was 21) was in a psychiatric hospital in hungary, Budapest. She woke up and saw that the doctor fucking her.

I didn't find ANYTHING relaxing or therapudic at the time tbh. It's why I was loaded to the gills with aropax

the''hot'' nurses were rare , usually butch ones handle us girls , dudes motly got WWE champs , crazy people get crazy strengh despise their tiny size , im not big or strong , im more on the small side , but usually 2-3 people had to wrangle me
I had very few tackles back in the day , mostly wrestle downs , the dudes got tackle more often since they where more difficult to handle when violent
At night , they had mostly guys and very few woman even if we were mostly girls

At least he knew HOW to use the toilet thank fuck, he just seemed insistent that all clothes needed to be removed and really didn't understand that other people just pulled their pants and undies down to their knees or ankles or just unzipped their fly.

We kind of had that too, I had a lady who was like 80 who had a stroke and still thought she had friends follow me around and always asked me to hold her hand and follow her and get her water, I did it because I'm a kind person and the staff told me not to bother and I had a fucking long rant to them about what compassion is, and how people in their position should have compassion if they want to work in such a place. I had a few cuties flirt with me when I was there too and some butch assed lezzo that was pretty chill

k
typing this as I go to be patient
>was depressed 17 year old beta
>tried to kill myself by overdosing with some sleeping pills
>my parents save me and ship me off to psych hospital
>spent 3 weeks and a few more days in that shithole
>first day there I have to be monitored constantly and given meds regularly
>only see techs and nurses
>next day go and read in day room
>short cute girl sits in there with me all day just reading
>we talk a little and I learn her name is Ally and that she lives in my hall
cont.