"We all HATE progressive rock music!"

>"We all HATE progressive rock music!"

If the greatest band in the world doesn't like prog, then why should you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QBGaO89cBMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who are the greatest band in the world?

radiohead.jpg

KISS

Yes

deth graps

radiohead is overrated but i like the national anthem

>We all HATE progressive rock music
>Steven Wilson calls them one of the few actually progressive modern rock bands

figures that the most pseudo-intellectual, musically regressive band in the world hates music with progress in the title

Your favorite band :)

radiohead is shit but progressive rock is hardly progressive at all

>musically regressive
Find me one prog record that's HALF as progressive and forward-thinking as pic related and then we'll talk.

I guess they are intimidated by all the musical talents and virtuosos that played prog.

Kid A is just This Heat for people who don't know who This Heat is

they're still more progressive than the fucking shit people call progressive rock

Quints wasted on such a shitty opinion

t. butthurt radiohead drone

As much as a I love Kid A, how is it particularly progressive? I mean, it was certainly new for Radiohead, but it wasn't anything that hadn't been done before.

On the verge of a breakdown after promoting Radiohead's 1997 album OK Computer, songwriter Thom Yorke envisioned a radical change in direction. Radiohead replaced their rock sound with synthesisers, drum machines, the ondes Martenot, string orchestras and brass instruments. They incorporated influences from genres such as electronic music, krautrock, jazz, and 20th-century classical music.

the beatles are just radiohead for old people........

>progressive rock
>Exclusively white, no lgbt or muslim representation

Yeah right...

Fake quote, Jonny Greenwood is a huge fan of Pink Floyd.

he only likes Meddle and Live at Pompeii, he thinks everything else is wank

So they don't like prog rock, but like U2?
K

Radiohead is the most overrated "band" of all time. They make pop music disguised as art and you faggots eat it all up like the retards you are. LISTEN, this shit is not NOT art. Everything they did with albums OK Computer and onward had been done MANY times before, but they just made them digestible for kissless virgin teens who think to delude themselves into thinking that their taste in music is a sign of intellectual superiority.

Thom Yorke is a jerk. He's puts on a facade of whatever he thinks will get him an in with the young'uns. The blonde and borderline autistic man he was in the Pablo Honey era, the quiet and mysterious yet """cute""" guy he pretended to be in the Alright Computer era, and then the enigmatic and politically driven individual he pretends to be now. But fools like you don't look past this obvious marketing ruse and think of him as the greatest genius of this generation.

I'd like to piss down the throats of everyone who thinks Radohed is a good band and make good music. Get some taste you fucking retards.

and it still sounds like Warp Records worship

This IS bait and maybe copy pasta but i agree.

Pic unrelated? Also I don't remember The Beatles ever saying that about prog.

haven't seen this pasta in awhile

I enjoy some of his songs, but it does bother me how much of a poser he is.

>hey Thom you ready for another photo shoot of you making sad faces and looking like you are on the brink of tears in every one?

The members of Radiohead certainly do not like U2

They certainly do and take a lot of inspiration from it, particularly up to Zooropa. Also, they're Gen X, that's a U2-loving gen. Oh, and there are multiple pics of Thom wearing an U2 shirt in concert.

I don't know about the other guys but at the very least Thom and Ed love them

Something tells me that's not all that true for Jonny

>The members of Radiohead certainly do not like U2
I swear this has gotta be bait every time it's posted. Surely not all Radiohead fags could be this clueless about their favorite band...

>Determined to form his own conclusions, Greenwood listened to the likes of Genesis, King Crimson and Pink Floyd, "though I didn't even bother with Yes, seeing as how they were met with so much derision."
>And?
>"It *is* all awful and terrible," Greenwood says, his brown eyes widening. "I found the one good Pink Floyd album, 'Meddle,' which is amazing, though that's supposedly the one that made Johnny Lydon say he hated them. I came out after listening to all these terrible Genesis records with the realizations that the Mellotron is a great instrument, and that you should never have a song with 'unicorn' in the title. So a few lessons were learned."

based quints telling the truth

>five fives

Radiohead
>We hate progressive
>Is progressive

The Misfits

He only really does that cus his stupid eye is fucked up

Wtf why Thom why?

If I remember rightly, he said this at a time when Radiohead were desperately trying to convince the Britpop fascists that they weren't prog.

Nope. This Heat sound nothing like Kid A.

That's not progressive for anyone but them, though, is it? You're just saying, in promotional copy-speak, "Radiohead ripped off a bunch of old records that their contemporaries were too pleb for".

They aren't their favourite band. They were their favourite band when they did Pablo Honey and journalists thought Thom sounded like Bono and they wanted to be as rich as U2.

>They were their favourite band when they did Pablo Honey and journalists thought Thom sounded like Bono and they wanted to be as rich as U2.
Except Thom and Ed praised U2 in the OKC and Kid A era and Thom wore U2 shirts during the IR tour.

And they covered snippets of U2 songs live during the HTTT tour.

Because U2 was really damn good? Not right now, but their past is some great, experimental yet poppy stuff.

Ah fuck, well Thom rates Neil Young and Queen as well.

Jeff Mangum and the Milkers

Which are two of their most prog pieces of work

Lmao dude U2 is straight garbage

And how much of their discography have you heard?

>Quote on the internet
>It's not real

This post is too nice.

radiohead is fucking garbage do us all a favor and never post on this board again and while youre at it fuckign delet radiohead from you rcomputer aqnd never listen to them again you fuckign plebian

fuck off loser im supposed to be the drunk shitposter fite me or succ my dig fdfgt

but pls suck me im v lonely

I don't recall The Beatles commenting on prog, but I think they would especially John.

you know bud im sorry for being mean i just really dont like that radiohead is so acclaimed when i find them to be quite mediocre. im solrry you're lonely and i hope things look up for you :)

both of you are incredibly sad and pathetic get something better to do with your time (I'm not because I'm the one who pointed it out first making me immune to being sad no backsies)

sad!

dont be rude pls this is a safe board
except for when u like radiohead l,mao plebbb

Hootie and the Blowfish

you can both suck thom yorkes sweaty balls

only if its kid a/amnesiac thom

Vertigo is enough for me senpai

Awful awful shit

>the ondes Martenot

Is there an instrument with a more pretentious sounding name than that?

>Pink Floyd
>prog
Holy shit kid lmao

Dethklok

t. fell for the South Park meme

Prog was progressive for its time. And shit like Faust or This Heat sounds progressive today too

Could "Lift" have been the greatest pop song of the nineties?
youtu.be/QBGaO89cBMI

Defintiely not a trace of prog in it.

Dave Matthews Band

Train

I just wanna lick the two girls in the beginning of the video.

Baity, baity, rise and shine...

Currently touring, as far as popularity goes, U2.

The Wiggles

You just won the internet.

Ween