I want to write a novel, I’ve wanted to write one for about three or four years...

I want to write a novel, I’ve wanted to write one for about three or four years, but I don’t have the first clue what to write about. Can someone give me an idea or some motivation? No trolls pls

Like maybe I could write about my shitty childhood but I don’t think I’m that unique or different than what most people experienced

Pathetic self bump

What about. Someone is a serial killer, and an investigator at the same time. And he have to investigate his own case, buy he doesn't know that he is the killer because he have multiple personality disorder?

I like it, but it sounds like the plot of Heavy Rain and also the hotel season of AHS

But the killer don't have a MPD. He was the killer the whole time but he doesn't let anyone know it.
The thing that I said, he actually doesn't know it.

Digits say to write a novel about a trap

The problem I guess is that everything feels like it’s already been done and the more derivative it feels the less entertaining it could be. It’s the law of diminishing returns

Do you mean chick with a dick trap or ayyy nigga I’m whippin that dope trap

Have you got a genre in mind?

Realistic fiction/coming of age

Trips confirm genre

Dubs confirm trips

The best advice I've heard is that good stories don't tell what happened, they tell what happened to someone.

I see...
What about. Someone is a god, buy he/she actually doesn't have any idea of that. And the things he/she wishes, becomes true. And a group of people need to cover that in order that he/she doesn't destroy the world "again".

Interesting.

Also in every world that he/she creates, something different happen. And she keeps that thing for the next world he/she is going to create without noticing. Because he/she destroy all those world's because he/she was bored in those

Nigger what

My English is whacked

Understandably

how original apart from the fact the anime made on the exact same plot

/thread

A kid coming to terms with and accepting moving to a new country and accepting the culture there. Possibly show some of the bad sides through the character to justify his dislike of the people but he gradually warms to them. Possibly after meeting a cute girl or making a good friend. And so it doesn't seem mature enough just get the love interest to be raped by her dad or something. Sup Forums seems to think thats sad according to the stories I've read. Have some shitty things happen and force the main character into a confrontation with the dad (The personification of what he used to dislike about the country or culture) and ultimately win and end up being drawn into the beauty of the culture he had been forced into.

I invented a new kind of thread
ITT: we suggest a theme for a book that was never been written, but there is actually an anime or animation about that

Sounds almost like Twewy

Don't write the unwritable, unwrite the writable

#deep

How about you prove to us and yourself that you are even capable to write. Make a one page essay about a wannabe writer that asks Sup Forums for ideas and post the finished text tomorrow and then we can talk about ideas for the novel (you'll never write).

Made me lol because you’re probably right

Looked that up. The world ends with you? That seems nothing like what I was describing.

Only the beginning. "Guy hates everyone, until he meets a cute girl(shiki) or meets a good friend (beat)". But only that tho

Had this idea in a Sup Forums conspiracy/scifi thread one time. Disclaimer: I was high

So the story starts with a middle aged man of humble beginnings. Busted ass, top of his field in electrical engineering. Another chapter tells another story of a young boy, equally humble beginnings as the old man. As he grows into a young man he gets into business, starting his own various companies with limited success. Another chapter goes back to the first middle aged man, who's now working at prestigious university which is really a front for the defense/intelligence industry. He's given so random research documents from a recently deceased scientist to look through for intelligence. Begins to make discoveries, major breakthroughs into the fundamental way we see the universe. Begins patenting electrical circuits, transformers etc. Next chapter back to humble beginnings young man, he's now older and widely successful. Billionaire, real estate all over the world. Next chapter back to same person when he was starting his business, gets advice from uncle. This part should be one sentence in the whole book. Back to original middle aged guy, makes breakthrough on time travel. Discovers you can only view time, not change it. Decides best way to get rich and not be noticed (lottery, betting etc) is real estate. Travels to the past, finds out where/what to buy. Young business guy becomes president, covers up his past etc

I didn't quite figure out how to tie those two stories together more subtly but it would make a great book if you could. The kind where you itch your head at the end before you figure out it was his uncle who was the time traveler guy

I want to become a blacksmith, I've wanted to become one since like three or four weeks, but I don't know the first thing about forging. I am also kinda scrawny, have pretty weak arms and am clumsy as well. I am also very fretful when I find myself in a confined space with a high temperature and I've never used a hammer without hurting myself. Can someone give me some pointers, tutorial or an insight into how it should be done? No trolls pls

Eat my ass faggot

Best thing to do first would be pick up a copy of skyrim and start forging for about 80 hours a week there.

Of course I am. You moron need to write like six hours every day to hone your skills. Write short stories, make diary entry's for different personas, fake weather reports, write someones story and change characters etc. What you need to do is accumulate material, shelve that stuff, proofread it months later, rewrite it, throw multiple stories together and after doing shit like that for ages you maybe (highly unlikely) at a level where you can start peddling your garbage to paying outlets.

Write, write, write just bombard everyone with walls of texts until something sticks.

Monday.

I still have no clues. What am I even thinking in first person ? For years I have dragged around this shitty, utopian and self-revolving project of writing something. When I say "something", I mean it. Literally anything would be great. To lodge a voice in the great whisper of the discourses which make sense.

Only, when I finally decide to put myself at work, the abyssal emptiness of my white screen freaks me out. What to say ? Why would there even be words here ?

Well fuck this. Obviously I am not ready enough to fill that void. Maybe I should ask help to someone, someone who possesses a great deal of knowledge, someone who can enlighten for me the gloomy and abstract roads of literature ?

I need to make a thread on Sup Forums.

How much money can you make writing a book?

It’s not really about the money, it’s just something I want to do before I check out

That's Dexter pretty much

Man discovers internet, is corrupted by Sup Forums. Destroys Sup Forums, saves world

You can't learn to ride a bike without hopping on the bike and giving the pedals a whirl.

If you want to be a great writer, then open up your laptop and start writing. It'll probably be shit, but that's the only way you'll learn.

Now that's a good story intro

Honest to god good advice and QUADS QUADS QUADS QUADS

Quads have spoken

Listen to the last user....writers write. So just write.

I think that’s my fear, is having to get past my own wall of cringe in order to figure out if I have the stuff for it or not. Like it’s easy to judge other people when they look stupid, but when it’s you it’s different

Kek I'm not OP

As someone who's written four novels, my best advice is don't. Seriously. If you don't have an idea in your head, you're not going to get anywhere. And you certainly won't get anywhere with someone else's idea. You should only write if you have something to write about. End of story.

Lmao link me to your shit then

So basically a "Simpsons did it" thread?

Yeah, no. The last thing I need is people knowing I hang around Sup Forums.

Solid advice, thanks

Pity you can't unpost that.

european immigration

Then maybe don’t lead with the humble brag, faggot

Who's bragging. It's a statement which gives context to my opinion.

>I wrote 4 novels don’t even try
>prove it
>no

I’m a heart surgeon

Sup Forums is a whole context in itself. There's no statement you can possibly add to that.

>My best advice is don't. Seriously. If you don't have an idea in your head, you're not going to get anywhere. And you certainly won't get anywhere with someone else's idea. You should only write if you have something to write about. End of story.

Better? Or are you still going to find something to cry about?

Probably I mean I’m posting on b instead of writing which is only confirming the fact that it’ll never get done so

>And you certainly won't get anywhere with someone else's idea.
Yeah, now that's just not true. Myriads of writers had "stolen" someone else's idea(s) and brought 'em about in a much more appealing and effective way than ones whose idea it was ever could. Take philosophy. Or syuzhet. Shakespeare, for instance, came up with zero original storylines.It's how you shape your piece that counts.

Why do you want it tho? To sell it and make some money? In that case first thing you need to do is find the target audience. Otherwise just give it up, there's already shitton of crappy novels as it is, and they're being published on day to day basis too.

Why? Deep down it’s so that if by some small miracle someone reads even one sentence in it that makes it easier for them to cope with their respective situations, I can know that I helped someone

>inb4 help the homeless of you want to make a change

So first, write down all the important information you want to convey with these writings. Then, find a way to insert this information into the dialog and events in the story.

God damn that was obvious but I sure as shit didn’t consider that route

How would you know it? You expect someone to write you a letter saying how that one profound sentence form your novel radically changed their life? What if your shitty writing inspires someone to commit suicide instead? Now, that would be some Sup Forums-tier piece of work!

>letter
>2017

>wanting to write a novel
>2017

It could be an electronic one, dipshit, I didn't specify that.
Also, you millennials might find this to be peculiar, but people still write letters. Yes, on sheets of paper.

That’s fair

>paper
>2073

Write about something so controversial that you could never publish it under your own name. Post it for free on the interwebs.

Sounds risky, wouldn’t someone eventually trace it back to you?

No. Publish it under an allious.
Post it through tor.
Maybe you'll get a cult following.

Ooh maybe I can get them to drink the koolaid

Such people who would make a cult of your personality do that anyway.

Two little girls, sisters, live with their dad. He’s been depressed since mom died, last year. To cheer him up, the girls wanna give him an expensive gift for Christmas. But, sadly, they don’t have enough money. So, to get the money, they prostitute themselves. The story is called “Christmas Hookers”.