I was a close associate of Burial's up until about 4 years ago. Ask me anything

I was a close associate of Burial's up until about 4 years ago. Ask me anything.

is he straight?

why is he so reclusive?

Yep

What's his favorite snack?

He just doesn't want publicity. He's a bit of a low key lad. He likes to just make tunes and be left alone, really.

Toblerone

why did he sample a tranny acceptance speech

was he upset when they made toblerones smaller

then how does he make money? inb4 he works at a chippy or something :/

The whole sample came about because he wanted to make a tune with somewhat of a positive message instead of just sounding dark all the way through. No, he's not gay or trans.

Weren't we all?

He does freelance graphic design to earn extra pounds here and there.

how does he feel about the cult following that untrue has garnered?

At first he thought it was a bit mental that so many people really enjoyed his tunes that much. Will used to just make tunes for fun to play for his mates. But now he just accepts it and enjoys the fan response from everyone who is still listening to him.

how does he feel about the plebs pretending untrue is anything more than a 7/10?

i have no reason to believe this but i want to believe it so bad

He doesn't really care if people like it or hate it. To him, it's just music he likes to make. IMO I think it's about a 7.5/10.

Burial here.
Stop sharing secrets about me you faggot, just because you worked for me doesn't mean that you have the right to tell people shit about me, namsayin'.

is burial garage or dubstep and what is dubstep

He calls it music. Labels are for bellends

What are some of his main influences? artists he really likes or that inspired him? what about his fav albums?

I get the feeling that he might drink socially and maybe smoke a bit of weed, but that other than that he'd be pretty straight laced, would I be right or wrong?

call him a retard for me

was he high when he took this pic?

and i think i saw him in elephant and castle once if it wasnt just drunken wishful thinking lol

Why aren't you close associates anymore

Post some unreleased pics of Will for proof, ya goon

Early garage, practically every artist on the Metalheadz label, Spaceape (rip). He doesn't really have that many other favorite artists or albums.

He drinks socially and smokes a spliff from time to time.

Lost touch, mainly. Like everyone knows, he's a bit of a recluse, so it was hard to really keep in touch with him after a bit.

secondin this

Whats his methodology to making tunes like Archangel and River Dealer?

I wanna make shit in that same style but I dont live in a depressing place like him.

sorry if I'm being a bother but who is Spaceage? just out of curiosity I've never heard of them.

When did he start producing music?

Really it's all about finding the right samples, for him. He focuses mainly on his drums, but doesn't really use traditional drum samples. Just shit he happens to find from different kits. Also, lots of acapellas. Chop em up in any way you can and make em sound really weird and ghosty.

Spaceape was a spoken word poet him and Kode9 used to work with often. He died a couple years back from cancer.

londons not depressing u fucking cunt

London is pretty fucking depressing mate lmao

Think he means metaphorically

t.someone who does not live in London

what's depressing about London?
inb4 some pol tier answer like "arabs taking over"

pushovers /letting/ the arabs take over
limeys are more insufferable than the foreign horde desu senpai

Has he ever met/contacted Richard at all, and if so, how did that go?

As far as I can remember, no.

It's like a basin of wealth, all the wealth that ends up being made on the outskirts just drains into the centre boroughs and the rest just get poorer and poorer while their houses are slowly gentrified

no it isnt u dumb cunt. just because ur depressed doesnt mean the city its self is depressing.

is he from edinburgh?

.....wtf user

no. south london.

Why is everything by him after Rival Dealer absolute shit?

He did ask

He is buddies with Thom, they've obviously collaborated few times on a smaller scale, but were there any talks of Will being featured on a Radiohead single, or at least take part in an album as a contributor?