Let's address the elephant in the room

in the new highly popular game, Overwatch, the year that the plot is set in is around 2070.

Humanity has progressed technologically, and one of the new cool trends in the world seem to be 'Omnics', or basically artificially intelligent robots. In one trailer, there is even a woman with a robot for a partner. People in this future genuinely care about robots.

So this brings me to my point:

Is killing artificially intelligent robots immoral?
Is having a relationship with them degenerate?
Is this something in the future we might need to worry about?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Laws_of_Robotics
youtube.com/watch?v=U130wnpi-C0
youtube.com/watch?v=vjuQRCG_sUw
extremetech.com/computing/165331-intels-former-chief-architect-moores-law-will-be-dead-within-a-decade
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why dont we rather argue about Elves?
Overwatch a shit compared to the popularity of the Warcraft universe.

Elves are not human, they literally crossbred with every animal in Kalimdor and they wuz demons n shieet.

Is killing elves immoral?
Is having a relationship with them degenerate?
Is this something we might to worry about?

It shouldn't be but remember Tay

In the future there will be only bows and arrows and no Hanzo alive will charge his shots

I shall answer due to you landing quads. Killing an AI is the same as a human, it all depends on context. If they're trying to kill you or otherwise take your shit ya blast em'. If they're just passing through you ignore them.

A relationship? As in sexual relationship? Well, depends on if we've figured out artificial wombs by that point. Boning a sextoy is obviously degenerate, but if the fembots can actually bear seed and pump out a baby then the line gets really gray as they then become a viable way to pass on your genes. Same for the girls and if the man-bots can impregnate them. It's all about passing on the genes user, the barbarian hordes of yore cared only for that and we are the children of that mindset. Spread thy seed if male, accept only the best seed if female.

As to a future we need to worry about? Nah, pureblood humans are immune to EMP blasts while they would not be. Ergo, if it went south and we were looking at a Skynet Terminator issue we just blanket the globe in EMPs and boom, problem solved. We'd have to rebuild our civilization but the winner was never in any real doubt. The moist robots defeat the mechanical robots every time. We are but moist robots, and that alone ensures the existence of our people and a future for moist robots.

sjw's and retards will say killing them is illegal

there wont be relationships for that long

they will quickly wipe out all/most of humanity as the next step in our evolution.no more retards debating stupid shit, just a single unified global robotic mind (the AI that conquers all) and then harvesting the planet for all it's resources and launching mini versions of itself into space to find other super evolved intelligences and learn or figure out how to survive the death of this universe or multiverse

>EMP blasts while they would not be

>being so retarded that you don't know electronics can be easily shielded from EMPs

this is a good example of why the AIs will kill us off, we are too stupid to match their power

Nice quads

Also, watch the animatrix

Gudgit. As someone who studies Neuro, I am here to tell you that you are basically a bio-computer. There is no qualitative difference between your brain and a robotic simulation of your brain, except that one occurs on a wetware format and the other on a hardware format. If, while you slept, someone had scanned your brain, broken it into code, and uploaded it into an artificially intelligent robot that looked and felt like you then you would have no idea it had ever happened. So the question you should be asking is: If I had my consciousness uploaded into a computer, would it be immoral to kill me? Would it be degenerate to have a relationship with me? Should people be worried about me in the future?

The answers to those you have to find yourself because morality isn't like science where things are cut and dry.

nice digits

>Is killing artificially intelligent robots immoral?
In the current scope of what "artificial intelligence" ascribes as?
No.
But in the future if it reaches a point where AI-Human interaction would be starkly similar to Human-Human or at least Human-Animal interaction, then maybe yes

>Is having a relationship with them degenerate?
STEELED.com

>Is this something in the future we might need to worry about?
Maybe if Artificial Intelligence would reach a point where they'd want to overthrow their masters, yes. But the three laws of robotics protect against these
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Laws_of_Robotics

But elves are pure and clever- they represent the purity of the white race in absolute form.

Also, a robot would basically be a mobile sex doll- not life, so yes having a relationship with a dildo is stupid

But

>Every single piece of electronics

Also, electronics are sensitive to radiation.

Dear god, Elves are the Jews of fantasy literature. It all makes sense now... And I'd still fuck one. They've infiltrated our collective consciousness too much, a slutty elf is just too fuckable of an entity.

Doesn't mean ya gotta marry one though. Jesus now their whole Matriarchal culture makes sense. Jews are the original slutty single mothers! No wonder they're so fucking degenerate and so OK with child sex, it's like they instinctively know the only thing they're good for. Am I right goys?

Only up to a point, you make it hard and strong enough and that shielding will fail. We'd definitely make it strong and hard enough by a few orders of magnitude. It'd be the only way to be sure.

No they're not, they're a bunch of race mixing degenerates and are keen to Jew other races. They're Jews, once you get that it all makes sense.

elves are literal nigger tier m8
they are always in heat and love to get fucked by orcs n sheeit

AI interaction will be like human-human interaction, without the persistent presence of horrors and filth, within 15 years.

People vastly overestimate humans' kindness. And their creativity, their utility skills, their ingenuity; some hardhatfag cried like an infant when anyone dared suggest his powertool operations could be attached to robotic arms reaching into machines designed easier to reach into.

All these faggots are just operating machines. Within 10 years, the machines will require less than half as many human hands as today if any. There are already factories where human beings do not touch the product until it is already sealed and in a box. In 20 years a manufacturing machine will reach into itself to repair its guts, and if that part breaks too then the engineer and likely owner of the factory will fix it. Needless to say, someone will also combine the realdoll with the functioning biped robots of today within the next few decades as well. The AI will make better company than 99% of imageboard posters on any imageboard.

Problem is you'd have to program in the 3 Laws first (and makes sure it respects them for all decisions made), otherwise it's a crapshoot as to whether the AI wants to overthrow us or not.

AI won't want to "overthrow us," though killbots controlled by malicious overlords are already here. Long before a machine ever truly thinks for itself, machines in large numbers will obey their owners' commands to fire weapons at humans.

Well I do know that even Ghandi hated niggers so a pooinloo like yourself harboring such sentiments is unsurprising. You people have really been stepping up your bant game as of late though. Keep it up, it entertains members of the master race like myself.

Wouldn't all AI be made pre-programmed with the three laws though?

Where do most cyberpunk fans begin their fandom? I have a rough idea of what cyberpunk is, but it occurs to me that it's all pulpy scifi novels from the 20th century that I doubt most people would bother slogging through.

That's a big difference between machines controlled by humans and machines thinking for themselves. In the former, it's still boils down to who hates who more. And I thought we were talking about AI, not machines with human input.

Possibly, but it doesn't ensure that the 3 laws would be implemented properly. To program the 3 laws, you're going to have to define in excruciating detail what it means to do harm to humans. That by itself would be an enormous undertaking. Also, if one wanted to program in the "will it hurt a human" law, how far out in a chain of events stemming from a decision is acceptable enough to avoid harming a human? Also, who's to say that the AI won't learn how to re-write it's software to avoid those 3 laws? All in all, it's be exceptionally difficult to implement the 3 laws perfectly.

Look at it this way. if a man loses an arm, is he less of a human or not human at all now?
Most people would say no, specially when you take into account how several soldiers, cops, fire fighter and the like get in work related accidents that leave them with some kind of permanet disability.

Ok, now how about a leg or two legs?
All your members?
All your body?

See that the argument for why the loss of limbs doesn't make someone less human doesn't change with the number of limbs that are lost, so by that point, we can argue that it's not the flesh that makes the man, but something else.

And if that something else is independant from the fleseh, that maybe that thing could be created from means outside of regular birth.

Kek demands that this matter be addressed.

What is this degeneracy everyone is talking about? Is degeneracy when you feel bad and want to pray to Jesus? Hahaha!!

No
No
No

If I smash my computer, is it wrong? Self recognition doesn't mean intelligence necessarily. A cat or dog has the capability.

Did you know it's not even wrong to kill people necessarily?

Morality is subjective and natural rights are not natural, they are given to you. Be thankful the people in power want you to live.

Who said that people have a right to live, let alone robots?

If they are self aware and as intelligent as humans, then yes. Hell, I even think that killing monkeys and dolphins is wrong; they're too smart.
Nah. I'm hype to fuck robots.
Probably not. When we're at the point where we're smart enough to program AI, we're probably smart enough to either not do it, or not make it self-aware. I'm more worried about the potential collapse of the human identity when we're all cyborgs or living in VR.

"Muh three laws"

Those three law are shit. Asimov's laws were written with express purpose of finding ways to exploit them for literary storytelling. In real world application those three laws would do jack all to protect us.

>Most of the animated shorts or teaser trailers show people beating the shit out of omnics
>Half the playable characters shit talk omnics mid-game
>The game's namesake only formed to destroy omnics
>"People in the future genuinely care about robots."

daily reminder Blizzard cucked you out of $60+ to play their kiddie TF rip off

>checked

>see shit game for free
>install
>uninstall
>go outside and yard work because I'm not a weak faggot

>My mom didn't let me spend my good boy points on Overwatch: The Post

So are humans

user, need that sauce.

Not right now.
No
Yes

Blade Runner? Ghost in the Shell? Snowcrash? Neuromancer? Shadowrun?

I figure anywhere that technology affects the status quo of social structure. Hell, by that definition, we're living in a cyberpunk world: large corporations (mostly untouchable by governments) affecting laws, cyber terrorism, technological espionage, technology permeating every day life (internet, smart phones, etc), technology augmenting humans (biotech, "smart" devices, etc), corporations/international entities vs the average joe/general society, and so on. It's just that the world is not as gray/dark as the stories/movies portray it.

>Murdered the ancient predecessors to the dwarves, the Titans, for sport
>Contact with the blood of their forefathers renders dwarves impotent in the art of magic
>Enslaved one another and spirits both
>In order to punish a few high-ranking elves who murdered one of their own, created a barrier that literally split the world as it was in two, leaving the elven slaves to be conquered and made slaves by the humans
>Spent hundreds of years dickriding people's sympathy over how dirty, filthy humans toppled your great empire and forced you into servitude when you were slaves all along
>The veil they created was in part to blame for the Darkspawn, which fucked the dwarves worst of all
>Beg the dwarves for help despite destroying their ability to use magic

Elves are shit and should be wiped from the face of the Thedas.

Read up on the Zombic hunch.

There are two schools of thought - that you can simulate consciousness without creating actual consciousness, and that you cannot.
Whether or not killing AIs is immoral depends entirely on whether or not the Zombic Hunch is correct.

Morality does not exist

The universe is amoral

It's hard to tell who is the greater dindu in that setting. The mage guild or the elves.

Nothing is really immoral. But by our standards, yes, it is. If we can create a robot that fundamentally understands compassion, feelings, and is a living intelligent being then it would be no better than killing an animal or another person.
Yes.
Is this something in the future we might need to worry about?
Possibly.

AI will never truly exist, just near perfect facsimiles of the ujne consciousness. So "killing" them is fine.

Yes, it is degenerate.

It might be a problem if kikes and liberals are still around who will promote robot rights and abandoning human relationahips in favor of fuckbots.

There's a vast field of difference between "human interaction" and robots who talk to humans. This thread contains roughly the whole spectrum, but what will come immediately is simulated friends that are better than most 'real' friends. This is because most people's idea of 'real' is about as durable as used and soaked toilet paper flushed down a drain.

The average person can't beat a chess videogame from 20+ years ago.

>Run out of games to play
>Decide to play Skyrim since i never bothered finished it when i got it
>Only thing i can focus on is the massive amount of diversity in almost every city
>Stronk female leaders and fighters everywhere
>civil war basically EU style system vs nationalist controlled opposition candidate

Sup Forums has ruined my gaming experience forever.

Degenerates will work the hardest careers they can get, to save up for a robot wife. Women will be incapable of saving up for a robot husband, no matter how many "equality" freebies are thrown at their feet. A very small portion of women will inherit money on their fathers, which they will spend on robot chads so they can remove themselves from society just like the nerd boys.

Results: several fit females per fit male, extreme buyer's market on houses because fuckboys spend any money they have on robots instead. Developers may even slash the construction of new suburbs in favor of dense apartments because so few people will buy a house instead of a robot, and people who don't buy robots can just get cheap but quality land and rent some robotic contractors to build a pimptastic house.

Remember to lift, lads.

Very true that the average person can't beat a chess videogame from 20 years ago, but to be completely fair to the average person: 1) they haven't trained in playing chess, 2) their brains aren't capable of/wired to process all the possible moves and selecting the best move based off of probability given the current state of a game board, 3) most people aren't even familiar with the basic "fool's mate" moveset.

As the topic was of AI's, my assumption was that of interacting with an AI in the real world and not within the confines of a well defined space with concrete rule sets.

I would posit that even base reactive single cell organisms represent a level of consciousness.

Think inner and outer circles. From a greater circle perspective, what might our own accepted notion of the conscious mind be viewed as?

Conversely, an inner circle life might view us as omnipotent, and comparitivly and objectiviely this is true.

AI is just a meme. Intelligent robots are just walking Dildos/Vaginas.

"artificial"
it's property damage.
like killing untermensch

>Women being anything other than generic housewife #882 is "diversity" and bad
holy shit Sup Forums is shit

youtube.com/watch?v=U130wnpi-C0
>literally everyone in the rally is a male robot fucking a human girl and there are no female robots with men anywhere

All of your women belong to us meatfag.

>"Electric machines can never emulate chemical machines"
>"An identical simulation is not equivalent to the original"
What's next, are you going to argue "souls" exist?

"Controlled opposition" is just a meme. The jew elves don't consider him an employee, they consider him a destroyed psychopath who serves their interests as long as the war continues without reaching a result.

If the empire wins decisively, they start regaining their strength to oppose the elfs. If the stormcloaks win decisively, they form giant warbands and kill anyone they can until the opposing overlords write it off as a worthless pet project. If nobody wins, the elf kingdom wins and the anti-talos patrols continue uninterrupted.

The dragonborn can just roam the whole country destroying these patrols up and down. You just need to not be dumbed down by the game's kindergarten instant healing and outmaneuver them until you can bring godtier equipment and potions that transform you into a walking layer of hell.

tl;dr max brewing then either smithing and melee or sneak and shooting

If you set an infinite point as a goal, then you'll always be able to pat yourself on the back over nobody reaching it. But within just a few years, robots will surpass humans in most things most of the time. Jobs seemingly invincible against automation can still be automated if the productive process can be changed. There's nothing in the rulebook that says 21st century factories will still need to face 20th century obstacles. Once an obstacle is gone, it's only a matter of licensing a patent until the patent expires.

Killing artificially intelligent robots can be considered immoral for human ethics standards, but spiritually I don't think so - there's no soul in it.

However, you could also argue that since God made Man in His image, then anything we create is also in God's image. So by us killing anything with some amount of conscience, we are then killing ourselves as we would another human being.

A relationship with a robot would be as degenerate as a relationship with a nigger. With that also being said, since black skinned invidiuals aren't people, you could say robots aren't even if they are vastuly superior.

And I think what we'd have to worry about in the future is what really makes us who we are. Think Ghost in the Shell. If you program a robot to have the same exact memories, personality, etc, and look exactly like you - is it still you if your physical body is gone? Or if your'e just a cybernetic brain controlling an organic body?

Dwarves are the white man. They build, they work, they invent, and the filthy Jew Elves both resent and rely on that fact as they Jew them out off house and home. Once more, you make the point I was. Elf=Jew, remember that lads. Defend the dwarves, fuck and then kill elves. 14/88!

You simply couldn't see the dildos before Sup Forums made you aware of them, now you see them everywhere.

I know man, I used to be able to enjoy normie culture too. Now I can't stand it as I see all the dildo narrative they're pushing on us. Dear God, somebody please shut these fucking Jews up. I can't stand the Echoes anymore! Somebody please point me in the direction of some work that doesn't echo that also doesn't happen to be Anime. The weebs are weebs for a reason. At least some shit from nip land doesn't echo.

>There is no qualitative difference between your brain and a robotic simulation of your brain

Except shit like, you know, hormones and other chemicals that affect emotion and perception

>souls don't exist
Just because you're a Jew doesn't mean everyone is a Jew.

>Maybe if Artificial Intelligence would reach a point where they'd want to overthrow their masters, yes. But the three laws of robotics protect against these
kek
>it is impossible for slaves to rebel - see we have laws forbidding it!

They do.

In all honesty, I love the shorts.

It's still only input and output. Hormones and chemicals are merely packets of information that your brain reacts to just like a computer.

the voice acting is trash and cheesy, especially tracer's

Not at all.

Tin cans don't deserve rights. They aren't alive.

Literally just chemicals signals that trigger a response when your brain receives them.

Do you think there is any meaningful difference between what we perceive as pain and whatever response an intelligent robot has been programmed to perceive in response to physical damage to itself?

Sci-fi has posed this question since the beginning.

Once an artificial intelligence is made self-aware to a certain point it's considered life as valuable as organic is.

Watch that Stark Trek episode where Picard defends Data's humanity and natural right to not be taken apart and studied.

But they are alive since living things are just animated matter that feeds on other matter to maintain itself, robots are alive user.

youtube.com/watch?v=vjuQRCG_sUw

Are we talking about automation in industry or about AI as actual entities interacting with us (ie. talking, joking, debating, etc)? If the former, then yes, I do agree that many things can be automated as the rules for the tasks at hand are well defined and have a finite moveset. If we're talking about the latter, I guess it really depends on how "advanced" the AI is and how convincing it is to humans.

I'm sure Ahmed will back me up on this.
Robots get removed.

Humanity should be the only thing on this planet. If it ain't subservient or insignificant to humanity. It should die

No they are fucking robots, even if they are true AI the creator still has complete ownership over the creation.
Yes but if that's how you like getting your nuts off who cares.
Probably, Ad Victoriam

only if a sorcerer imbues it with a soul. good luck most won't

>even if they are true AI the creator still has complete ownership over the creation
Then you would agree your parents have the right to all fruits of your labor, and to end your life at any time they choose?

He was created by nature though.

A robot is created artificially and has no more value than a toaster. Ethically speaking. The only punishment for destroying a robot should be destruction of property. Not murder.

No that is like saying the machinery that makes an X Box is the creator of the X Box. Either God or nature was the creator of humanity and they have that ownership over humans.

So what if the robot is artificial? It is still superior to the biological garbage.

1) With reason, no. Life that is not human life has no intrinsic value.
2) Define "degenerate".
3) We must assure that A.I. could never harm humans. That's the only thing worth worrying about.

>He was created by nature
The person is built of the mother's biological material and constructed by the parents' genetic blueprints.
The robot is built of mother Earth's mineral materials and constructed by its creator's blueprints.

Appeal to nature is one of the shittiest fallacies, fuck off

Nah. Nothing is superior to organic life.

Besides. Thanks to moores law. You'll never be able to create the processors powerful enough to match the human brain.

Your "superior robot" will be dependant on supercomputers centres just so it can have the same mental complexity as a fly.

You'll never have self contained robots with intelligence.

You'll grow out of your nihilism one day

It was created deliberatly and by non biological processes. It is a piece of technology. Not a living thing. And it never will be.

You're just misanthropic and hate humans.

Just because humans are too dumb to figure out how to electronically simulate animal consiousness doesnt mean robots are inferior.

>The original founder of Overwatch are all old, Cis white males who are being replaced by a younger, more "Diverse" generation.

What truely defines a living thing though? If the machine can move and react to their environment then its as alive a jellyfish meaning its alive. Besides animals are just robots made out of meat powered by chemical reactions.

elves are for rape and breeding. Literally only things.

>Thanks to moores law. You'll never be able to create the processors powerful enough to match the human brain.
Moore's law actually suggests a processor complex enough to simulate a human brain is inevitable, you fucking idiot.

>It was created deliberately
As was the child
>and by non biological processes
A man's own hands and brain are not biological? Sounds like you're contradicting yourself.

I'd fuck widowmaker desu

saved

Depends.

If the "diversity" is lower IQ than the native population, then the diversity brings the mean IQ down.

On the other hand, mexican food, chinese food, thai food, italian food, etc.

Well they are. Every single robot on the planet today is inferior to a human.

Your terminators and hal 9000s exist only in your imaginations kid. Even Boston dynamics who waste millions on robots. The best they can come up with is some retard who walks slow with a massive battery on its back

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>elves

Should be Handed over to Mehmet

Life has intrinsic value?

What is life?

>Every single automobile on the planet today is inferior to a horse.
>Every single aeroplane on the planet today is inferior to a bird.
>Every single computer on the planet today is inferior to a man.
I'm seeing a trend here.

>massive battery
That's getting worked out. The batteries are getting smaller and the mechanics are getting stronger. They'll find a balance eventually.

As for the actual AI thing, computers will literally never problem solve the way humans do.

AI will not think like us in even the most basic sense. They only know how to weigh options and choose the shortest path. They can't think abstractly or account for unexpected outcomes.

And I don't mean it's a limitation of our science, it's just a fundamental schism that AI cannot process. In cases where an AI would appear to make the same choices in a series as a person, it'd be from an entirely different set of rules and perspective. Equating them is personification at best.

>life has intrinsic value
Humans have intrinsic value to humanity.

>what is life
Irrelevant. What is human is all that matters.

>They only know how to weigh options and choose the shortest path
How do you think the human brain makes decisions?

My mistake. It's the failure of moores law. Thanks to physics 101

extremetech.com/computing/165331-intels-former-chief-architect-moores-law-will-be-dead-within-a-decade

You will reach a point where you have made the fastest and smallest processor and that's it. You hit the wall because you can't make the transistors any smaller because the electrons won't work in the circuit anymore after a certain point.

So no. Your childish skynet dream is dead.

It was made using tools that had to be artificially constructed and ideas from a mans brain. Because of that. It is not life. It is technology. And thus should not be treated as nothing more than a facade and mimicry of human behaviour and not truly alive. So should be subject to any treatment, dismantling or destruction the owner sees fit.

A biological lifeform is made with the natural reproductive organs the parents were born with.