Anyone here got Borderline Personality Disorder or a related mental disorder...

Anyone here got Borderline Personality Disorder or a related mental disorder? How does it effect you and how did you get diagnosed?

Other urls found in this thread:

quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/affect-versus-effect
searidgealcoholrehab.com/article-adult-children-of-alcoholics.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My gf does and she's moody af. Real question is, who the he'll is this blonde goddess?!

I hate BPD people with a passion.

just stay away from them.

it's a weird combination of it not being their fault, but them intentionally being assholes at the same time. you can't win. just keep away once you've learned to identify them.

my ex-wife did. She left a month ago - there was nothing I could do to help her/prevent it. Just don't even get involved with them. Abandon hope all ye who enter.

Autism
Church lady suggested to set up a social security appt for me and I didn't know what it was. Simple psych eval got me autism/bux.

Biggest mistake of my life, hiring autists is not acceptable to any business and these faggots keep finding out I have it when they ask me disability questions that I can't legally lie about.

>$3900 a year after rent

Life turned out fucking retarded for me. And I'm sick of my couch.

best advice I've heard yet. you can't fix them. therapy is fucking worthless. they'll stab you just to see how sharp their knife is.

Worst part is my wife, as she was moving out, didn't blame me. And I quote "you did nothing wrong. you're perfect. You lived with me and accepted me for who I was. I just don't love you anymore."

I am a male with diagnosed BPD, it doesn't affect my life much anymore. I have my anxiety under control but I'm depressed a lot of the time interspersed with some happy periods.

It mainly doesn't affect my life as I've stopped pursuing romantic relationships after the last few

My best friend is diagnosed borderline with paranoid schizophrenia thrown in. It’s hell. But I can’t give up on her...I can’t be the one to abandon her...fuck, it’s gonna kill me.

quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/affect-versus-effect

Now fuck off, illiterate retard.

Anyone ever had luck with DBT?

The trick is to get them to go and keep going I guess?

I'm able to make executive decisions that hurts those who don't deserve the gain.

>I can’t be the one to abandon her...
save yourself. you can't help her.

I know that feel man.

But I remember when she was better. And I don’t care about myself. So, yeah. I’d probably give her the gun to kill me in my sleep if it meant it would make her better. Probably means there’s something wrong with me but whatever.

weird. in the same situation pretty much. she is my ex, she lives with me because she cant hold a job. both diagnoses. I love her and I want her to be ok.

my ex does do it and says it helps. i think youre right, its getting them to keep going.

Paranoid schizophrenia here. Been pretty well under control for a year or so now. Gave up drinking because it was bringing that shit back to the surface.

are you me?

>the attention whore cunt that I'm white knighting for has completely friendzoned me but I want to pretend to have some self respect...
Just fucking stop. You're literally enabling her behavior.

Apparently I was diagnosed with a mild case after starting DBT. I kinda don't see it but who knows.

I got my friend to go. I took her every week to her one on one and to her group sessions. She got better. Then she decided it wasn’t worth her time anymore. Now she’s worse than ever, in and out of mental hospitals, constantly attracting the attention of law enforcement, fucking homeless people, you name it.

Fuck.

Look up son's of alcoholics syndrome. Like me, you fit right into the profile.

Good on you, user. It's always great to hear that someone's schizophrenia (or other severe disorders) is in remission.

thats shitty, sorry to hear that. its tough to watch and feel so helpless.

What’s it like to have her live with you? Because mine is the same way. Can’t hold a job or do anything worthwhile. It’s been costing me a fortune keeping her off the streets and at this point I would just open my home to her. But that’s probably a huge threat to me too.

Does having you around as someone who supports her on a reliable basis help her at all?

BPD here. We will take anyone down to the hole if they even try to understand or help us. Only we can make the decision, and it's very hard.

I have some experience with DBT. It hasn't helped me personally very much, but I've seen it have a positive impact on people I care about, including people with BPD. So I would recommend it if you or someone you care about is borderline.

I have a nagging suspicion that I’m autistic but if this stops you from getting jobs

Fuck it I’ll live my whole life never finding out

You could put it that way, yeah. Some of us aren’t that bitter, yet. Hope for the future and all that.

I have rapid cycling bipolar disorder, this condition became clear to me when I was around 8 and my emotional outbursts where extreme. At 28, I was officially diagnosed, the miracle is I made it through college (a great struggle) and have yet to commit a serious crime. Everyday, I still have to work at holding back urges to lash out at the world and suicide has been something I've considered since I was 8. When you have problems like bipolar disorder, extended family members tend to make it harder by their rude remarks and insensitivity. If I were born with down syndrome, something people could see; then they'd most likely have had more patience with me. So BPD has ruined the quality of my life. I was in a relationship with a woman with BPD and we had some fucking intense sex. But we would fight too much and it always got physical. Otherwise, most women become afraid of me or get weirded out when they learn about my condition.

searidgealcoholrehab.com/article-adult-children-of-alcoholics.php

holy shit. holy shit. holy fuck me shit.

shit.

I'm not the guy who you replied to but fuck me i've never heard of this.

My gf has that. It can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but it is worth it.

Damn man. Not that user but it explains a lot of things over the years. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bipolarfag here. I was diagnosed when I was 17 after an emergency intervention that put me in a crisis unit and I've been under psychiatric care since. It's been a rough road, but now I'm in my second year of college. I'm struggling, but D stands for Diploma. This will fly in your undergrad, but if you're going for a six/eight year degree then you're fucked.

I still self harm, although in an unusual way. Instead of cutting or burning, I stop studying, I stop going to class, and I stop showing up at my part time job. I'm not even doing anything fun when I skip, I just try to sleep as much as I can. I'm working on that though, and it's getting better.

I sincerely hope that everyone in this thread recovers from their mental disabilities. You all deserve to live a happy life, no matter what you may think at the time.

its really hard sometimes. about a month ago, she threw a glass pipe at me, I drunkenly (and regrettably) called the cops. that was our third interaction with the cops that week. it was bad. weve been good as friends since then.

I feel like it comes in waves, but I do believe me being around is better than her homeless, alone on the streets getting into who knows what. i feel you on the financial strain bro. im a nurse, her illness hits me right in the feels because I do love her and I cant give up on her. while its probably damaging on me, ill take the abuse if it means she will get better down the road.

Guys, my BPD wife therapist told me about it. She was aboslutely right. We're drawn to them. We can't help it. We want to fix those we can't fix.

I'm working through this now. I have a bunch of books I can recommend, but please, please, listen to me. There's a life beyond your SO. There's so much more the world can offer you. You deserve more.

Fuck I reread some shit about BPD and I fit right in.

ooooohhhh sister / brother user

Schizophrenia +Hypersexuality + Paranoia - Since i was 14 more or less

How does it effect you and how did you get diagnosed?
My life is basically really fucked up: Tweens and Teen yrs in and out of Care Centers , tarnish reputation for life in my Hometown (reason i leave as soon as i could)
Endless line of people in and out of my bed (a friend /roomie is helping me be good by kicking out any shady visitors , not much but it is a start)
I get Blocked in the middle of shopping and spend atleast 1 hr in the floor scratching my knees until they bleed if not stop by someone (i try to always be with someone i trust)

i got irritable bowel syndrome, does that count?

>There's a life beyond your SO
heh. i seem to have problems having one of those. can't seem to entertain the idea.

I'll take a book recommendation, user. thanks.

Yeah. She’s been physically abusive to the point where she left bruises and drew blood but I managed even then to avoid calling the cops. Last thing she needs is jail. This person reduces me to a pathetic mess but...I love her more than anything and remembering what kind of a great person she was is what keeps me around.

I also dealt with my mom being diagnosed with schizophrenia about ten years ago. And she was a big nutcase. Wiccan schizophrenic. What a joke. Anyway, my mom got better, which gives me hope for my friend.

thats awesome your mom got better, glad to hear that. and yeah, ive been choked, struck, screamed at for hours.

....when we were together, the sex was very intense. very awesome. but it was making her too paranoid, constantly checking my phone. 100% sure I was cheating on her, when I absolutely never would.

I got BPD and it sucks balls tbh

Look. I'm trying desperately to help you.

I married a girl like that.
She was smoking hot, fun to be around, etc. etc.
Now she's divorcing me and taking my house.
Listen to me! Get away from that crazy bitch. The sex and the fun might be nice for now, might even be nice for a couple years. But eventually you'll let your guard down and then she'll stab you in the back.

Instead of wasting all that time with a crazy bitch that's only using you and doesn't give two fucking shits about you go find a humble girl that will cook and clean for you and knows her place. I'm telling you that crazy bitch is merely using you: eventually she'll get bored of you or she'll latch onto someone who has more money or power or looks or drugs or whatever. You'll have feelings for her, of course-- THAT'S HOW THE MANIPULATION WORKS. THAT'S HOW THESE PSYCHO CUNTS MAKE THEIR LIVING. So when she does eventually ditch you it'll hurt a lot.

No cunt is nice to fuck after age forty. And forty comes much sooner than you think.
If you plan on living 'till you're 70+ you need to be thinking about who you want to actually grow old with.

My dreams were betrayed, tortured to death, and died in agony.
Don't condemn your dreams to the same fate.

Sup user, I self harm that way too. Doing it right now. I've refused to recognize it as self harm until lately, but that's also the only good explanation for acting this way. I guess after years of cutting and burning that just ignoring my responsibilities seems so innocuous. Thanks, I needed to see that. I should go start studying for this exam I have tomorrow.

Btw, congrats on staying in school. It's fucking hard to deal with mental illness and academics at the same time.

I have BPD. I am pretty much a monster.
I am a nice person when you first meet me. People seem to be drawn to me, they tell me I am great.
I tell them about my past, they can't see it they say. There is no way that was your fault, you're too nice.
One of two things will happen then.
Either I have the willpower to deal with the loneliness and ghost on the new friend, or I try to keep the friendship and watch as my fear of abandonment slowly pushes the person away and then burns the bridge behind them.
I wish I was dead.

LOL mine freaks out at the sight of a cell phone. Says she can feel the cellular waves. I know there are people like that out there, so who knows.

The sex is out of this world, yeah. Easily the best lay I’ve ever had. Really the first woman I’ve ever wanted to cum inside for the purpose of making another human. Luckily I haven’t gone that route, a rare case where I don’t think with my dick.

Now I get to hear about how she fucked strangers in a homeless shelter. I just wanted something better for her than that. Oh well...

Yeah, a girl with this really fucked me up recently. Avoid avoid.

Spotted the dumb cunt attention whore parasite.
I hope you fucking get over yourself before you're old and used up and no longer fuckable... no wait. No I don't. I hope you wind up a complete fucking wreck and homeless on the street.

No job because you spent all your time fucking around and doing drugs and alcohol etc. instead of learning how to be useful.
No friends because you used them and abused them and mooched off them until they were sick of your drama and your bullshit.
No family because you did the same to them many years ago.
No place to stay because you always wasted everyone's time and hung out with losers who didn't mind wasting time with you.

I hope this scares some fucking sense into you, fucking selfish arrogant cunt.

What's unrequited love like for someone with BPD?

yep. they deserve better. unfortunately some humans can only take so much, I can understand why most people in here are saying GTFO. its actually her birthday at midnight. i got her a few things. they are sick people, not bad people.

do they really feel love? I think it's something else.

Shit, after reading all of this storis i realize how easy i have it with my BPD gf.
I'm living with her and yeah, she can be a real bitch without any fucking reason, but she can be really romantic.
I have to admit that I almost broke up with her in a couple of times, but talking, therapy and medication sure makes life way easier with her, although sometimes i feel like getting away from all of this and just stay single for the rest of my life. I don't know, it's complicated. I sure love her, but it can be reaally hard to live with her

BPD isn't psychopathy you mong

Your fear of abandonment isn't pushing people away.

It's your narcissism, arrogance, selfishness, and just plain bat shit crazy behavior.

And I know your little secret too. You LIKE acting like a crazy retard. You get off on it, it's exhilarating, isn't it?

It's like scratching an itch isn't it? It sucks so bad... but then just giving in to it feels so good doesn't it?

It's you. It's not "bawww muh brain dun made me do it" No. It's you. YOU are the one doing it.

It's not your fear of abandonment. It's YOU and the way you act. It's the bullshit you say, the drama you cause, you stupid decisions you make. YOU. Not your fear.

That’s nice user. Yeah everyone has told me to run away, and understandably so. Family, old friends, none of them will deal with her. I hope she enjoys the gifts. Mine did not. She told me she was shoplifting food one time so I sent her like a 100lb box of food via FedEx (I was in another state at the time). She refused the package, said sorry later...oh well...

damn. thats rough. is she doing any better now?

>I'm living with her and yeah, she can be a real bitch without any fucking reason, but she can be really romantic.
That's called manipulation, fool.
The "romantic" bit is like BDSM aftercare. She's bribing you so that she can use you as a punching bag or as a step-n-fetch-it or as a piggy bank or a couch to crash on or whatever.

My wife does.
I told her to get help.
Instead she got railed by niggers for like a year.
You really gotta hit rock bottom and end up in the ER sometimes.

Nope. Disappeared after some run in with her family and the cops a few days ago. The family is one of those types who think that the more money you throw at the problem, the easier it is to fix. Haven’t heard from her in two days, which means she’s off on another crazy bender or in custody somewhere. So far, no info in the court system so it’s not that.

Yes, but they will make YOU bad people in the end.

Every. Time.

There is no 'saving' them; I think the best a BPD girl can do is to end up with a slightly volatile/violent man (so he can hold his own boundaries) who is VERY low in neuroticism, to the point of near psychopathy - but still has just enough empathy to show some kindness and perseverance to her from time to time.

Loooots more BPD girls than there are guys like that, though.

this, my sister has bpd. shes horrible man. she has a daughter, and i feel so bad for the kid.
On top of all that she smoked during pregnancy so my niece was born missing fingers..i hate my sister, and there is no saving her.

I used to be arrogant, until I realized I was a worthless waste of breath.
If I got off on causing drama I probably wouldn't be alone as much as I am. I rarely let anyone in because I know how I am.
I live alone, haven't had a boyfriend in years. I work from home, have my groceries delivered.
When I do meet someone it's online, makes it easy to ghost when I feel the BPD rearing it's ugly head.
Sometimes I don't ghost, but that has become rarer as time has gone by.
If not for my sister, who tries to be in my life, I would kill myself.
I know I am a monster. I don't like hurting people, but I do. So I deserve to be alone.

SAUCE?

ah damn I got ya. hope you hear from her soon and shes safe.

hHMM most likely. She does that when she wants something done. Something she could easily do, but, since I'm living with her, it's surely easy to make me go do stuff. We've been working on that, actually. Thank god she has rich parents who can afford her medication and therapy.

maybe im that guy then?

literally 2 clicks away, you stupid spoonfed faggot

No help for that personality disorder. I know... professional in the field. Worst clients and people you will ever meet. Date one and you are guaranteed to get a false DV charge or false rape charge. No sense of empathy or remorse.

shit man, i get that. It's really hard to talk sense into them, even if it´s something obviously bad like smoking through pregnancy

Post tits, feet, ass and pussy.

My ex was diagnosed with BPD, Bipolar disorder, PTSD, institutionalization and God knows what else. I love her, but she broke it off with me and her family to go get therapy and rebuild her life. We keep in contact, but we're both moving on. She's seeing a therapist every week and they are now discussing medications. She's got a long road ahead and I really hope she finds happiness someday.

Riffing on that, I actually knew a dude once who knowingly had a relationship with a BPD girl. He was very canny and intelligent (so he could parse out how and when she was manipulating him), was very capable of being an asshole if needed, and was VIOLENTLY dominant in bed - but had a bit of a heart too.

He lived with her on weekends, basically. And apart the rest of the time. It seemed to work, though there was frequent drama, which he was stressed by but not as much as most dudes would be.

Probably about as close to a functional relationship you'll get with a full-blown BPD girl.

Ahahahahahahaha faggot

what , why would you say that ?
I have a job , im no longer live with my parents
I have few but very very close friends
My family is close but we have a difficult relationship for many reasons
I have a place to stay since i earn good money with my collage degree

And very few things scares me anymore , after you have been thru the shit i have , you loose those kind of feelings

My ex has BPD and shes pregnant with our son. I know its mine.

Sex was great but she'd constantly try pushing me away. She was very extreme. Everything wad black and white to her. We broke up and got together I dont know how many tines because she was a cunt and she'd manipulate me back to her with guilt.

Found out she was pregnant and things got worse. Id work night shifts, come home at 5am to her waiting to fight with me. I had to do everything around the house and bring her with my everywhere or else she'd break down.

Eventually I decides that I cant raise a child with this woman and its not my job to babysit/parent her. I kicked her out of my house. Shes now saying how I'll never get to see my son and how he'll learn all about how I never wanted him. But I have a 100k a year job and she delivers pizzas. She has no idea the legal battle coming her way. My son will not be raised by a monster.

Worst part is I HATE her. But its half not her fault. Shes sick. But I hate the way she treated and emotionally abused me.

That's my fucking relationship with my GF right now, holy shit.

Ah, yes, the 'shit rationalization to avoid uncomfortable truths' approach. I know it well.

No, almost certainly you are not. Run.

And, even if you are, the resulting dynamic is not GOOD. It's still pretty poor. Just the least poor possible with a BPD.

Did you see her actually talking to her therapist?
Did you actually read the label on her pills and watch her take them?
Did you look through her phone and read her texts etc.?
No?
She's not doing any of that shit. She's a fucking lying, manipulative, psycho and she cut off all contact with her family so that she doesn't have to deal with people who truly know her and can see through her bullshit.

She still maintains loose ties with you so that she has a useful fool to fall back on and crash on your couch if shit goes bad for her (and it's always one new disaster after the next with her, isn't it?)

She's not going to therapy. She's trying to sell a sob story to a gullible retard to try and get some pills out of it... probably adderall or some shit.

If she were trying to actually get better why would she ditch all the people in her life who actually care about her?
No. She's just chasing drugs and more gullible fools to leech off of.

BPD is not treated with meds. It is a personality disorder entrenched and learned in her family of origin. Much like antisocial per disorder. Bipolar can be treated by meds. Axis I vs Axis II. My advice as a professional is to cut all ties with a BPD woman and document everything via email and text if you have to battle th m in court. You will be portrayed as an abuser physically and mentally.

Based on your spelling and grammar I can tell that you're just a pathetic tweenager larping as a poor misunderstood lost waif just tryin' to do bettuh in duh big bad worl'

Grow up and fuck off, faggot. Emo is passe these days and you just look stupid.

Good on you, this will give you a time for the craziest fucking sex you will ever have.

Just remember, maintaining something like this is like maintaining an athletic career. Someday, you will get tired.

Know how you will get out when that day comes, safely.

Good job, user.
Ruin the bitch.

Next time keep your eyes open and avoid such cunts in the first place, eh?

They are very hard to spot right away. Can hide the really obvious signs till you enjoy the sex ....

I haven't fogotten about you anons. "Silent Sons: A book for and about men" and "How to break your addiction to a person: when - and why- love doesn't work".

Both give a lot of perspective.

This is my third language , so not sorry for any errors
You are just a hater and a troll , so good bye

My ex-wife had it, mixed with regular depression. Shit was bad, man. Real bad.

This is a handy chart I made to help people out, some of you might have seen it before here.

you need to get a paternity test before you lawyer up on her ass. i know you think you're 100% sure the kid is yours because you "know every move she makes and there's no way i wouldn't know"... but you don't.

they are that good

no matter how on top and locked down you think you have this situation - she's better. they literally plan their moves years in advance sometimes and this could all be a part of her scheme.

are you even sure she's actually pregnant? short of personally going to (and sitting in) her gyno appt, the only evidence you could possibly believe would be the weight gain, and even then who knows. i'm telling you dude, you need to question everything with these bitches.

This. Totally this. My BPD ex pulled a fake pregnancy on me several times. Never true. I blew my load into her enough to think she’s infertile. I’m not, I have kids now.

This is actually pretty spot on.

Or she was on birth control and lied. They lie about everything... manipulation is their drug.

What do you guys tell your friends and family when they say to ditch the BPD bitch?

Thanks.

And my advice on how to deal with it: just step away. Don't think about payback, revenge, messing her up, whatever. Make it as quiet, stress-free as possible. You might need to give up on a lot of things, but it is worth it. Salvage whatever you can from yourself, and push everything else into the past.

For those of you who cut ties? How did you do it and stick to it?

Why do you have to tell friends and family anything ? Codependency will attract borderlines. Fix that too.

Ex wife with BPD left me. Cut ties. Its easy becuase i'm so fucking mad at her. I hate her, but it's whatever. I'm killing it on tinder. Focus on yourself.

Go No Contact, move on. I dont even know you but you deserve better.

Cut off all contact with them and block all their numbers and emails. Burn all the shit that reminds you them. If you fuck up and attract another repeat those steps.

In my case, I share what I’m dealing with with my friends and family because it helps me to cope. And they all say to get rid of her and I don’t really have a good answer as to why not other than that she used to not be this way