Anyone that has experienced sleep paralysis will tell you that it's the most terrifying and intense feeling of pure...

Anyone that has experienced sleep paralysis will tell you that it's the most terrifying and intense feeling of pure terror that you'll ever experience in your life. I've experienced it 4 times in my life and last night it lasted for what felt like 5 minutes but who knows?
What happens is you are conscious but when you try to open your eyes you can't or when you try to move any muscle you can't, you try to scream for help but you can't, all you can do is think about what nothingness you're in. NO voice, no sound, Can't move, Can't open eyes, Can't do anything but think about this being what the dreadful afterlife is. I hope you never live to experience this but if you do you will look at life in a completely different way when you come out of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/sleep-paralysis.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7ESsKibpBNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last night I dreamed my skin peeled off and I had to wear it like clothing.

I've had sleep paralysis before and I'd choose that before having that dream again.

It happened to me once as a kid
I was laying in my bed eyes open seeing horrible faces flying about the room. I remember trying to call out for my mom so hard but I couldn't.

not that terrifying.. hallucinated a bit. then was fine. you should try to enjoy yourself when it happens instead of freakin the fuck out

Happened twice. First time was the only visual hallucination. It was a shadow person saying, "I am the archangel. No one will come for you." over and over again and every time it said it the voice multiplied.

i usually feel sleep paralysis when i wake up in the morning, then sleep again, literally cant move or open my eyes

ive actually had it before but nothing happened i was like "wtf i cant move" but just layed there thinking "well this sucks". nothing scary tbh. havent seen anything terrible while paralyzed sooo thank god

Happens to me about every other month. To me its more like a dream state though, I'm aware of my surroundings, and I think I'm about to do something like get out of bed, but then I realize I'm still in bed. Eventually I'll start talking/shouting and if someone is home, they normally come wake me.

See
I had it happen to me while I was a drunk in the service. It's a little startling, but for me it lasted less than a minute and wasn't bad. Would do again.

One time i woke up and i couldn't move or feel my arm from elbow down. Trust me, wondering if you will ever jack off again is far more terrifying.

Pretty much this It happens to me fairly often. I have some kind of sleeping disorder (undiagnosed, some kind of anxiety-induced insomnia and poor quality of sleep) and wake up like this a few times a year. It wasn't scary the first time and hasn't ever been scary, although there were times I felt like I was surrounded by people watching me sleep and other visual or perceptive hallucinations.

Never had any auditory hallucinations while in sleep paralysis.

I get it all the time, i actually learned how to controll, i just lay down and just wait, it takes about 15 minuets and i can feel it happening while fully awake, it feels like your body sudenly starts to get supper heavy then i start hearing wierd sound like babys crying, a woman screaming and UFO tractor beams. Pretty cool stuff

I get this at least once a week. some are more intense than others. Most of the time I just can't move and feel an evil presence in the room. I try to scream and move with all my strength but I can't. At this point, I know it's happening, so I try to tell myself it's okay - I just can't get over the idea that I would somehow get stuck that way...

A few of the more intense experiences are:
1) I used to live near a highway and trucks would drive by all night. One night I had sleep paralysis and thought that the lights and sounds were aliens. I felt like I was being touched all over as well.
2) I once was sick and hallucinated a civil war nurse over my bed. She was trying to saw off my leg. I broke free of the paralysis, but she did not go away. i tried to reach out and push her away, but she vanished. I did not sleep for over 24 hours after this, and was impacted up to a week later with poor sleep. to this day i am still not sure it wasn't a ghost.
3) the most recent one was i woke up and couldn't move, and i thought the room was on fire. i could smell the smoke, hear the popping sound of a fire, and see the glow of the fire. I was trying frantically to break free and i hallucinated a half-naked man run into the room and stand over me scratching his arms raw and asking if i had a hit. a second later i was free and it was all gone.

I will answer questions if anyone wants.

I don't understand how anyone could think sleep paralysis is scary after the first time. I've had it twice in my life. First time I was terrified because I couldn't move and my head felt like it was being split in half. But the second time I knew what was happening and knew that it would all pass in a minute or two. How could you still be scared your fourth time?

the sensation of not being able to move is extremely unnerving to me. even when i know what's going on, my brain decides to put me in a high state of anxiety. i think the worst part is feeling like there's someone in the room just outside of my sight - i can never convince myself that feeling is not real

Jesus dude, you get some strong hallucination, all i hear are people screaming loudly, so so loudly. But i like the experience, its increadible that i hear voices in head. I learned to go into sleep paralisis on command.

This happens to me sometimes... but every time I feel like i eventually 'break' it. Is it a force of will thing? Or am i getting my hopes up?

I get shit like that only about once a year. but it really fucks with my head.

the first time I used melatonin I got the dosage wrong
I felt drowsy and went to bed
then my body quickly went into "time to sleep - shutdown mode"
but I was wide awake still
after a while I gave up trying to sleep and tried to get up, and couldn't
I spent an hour or so just laying there trying to move
I didn't have any of the weight on my chest or presence in the room sensations that most people experience with sleep paralysis

Eh.
Had these since I was 6.
Always had terrible nightmares when I was a child.

By now I'm used to it.
It's quite chill tbh.

Easy way to pull yourself out if it is to relax. Wiggle a toe or finger, and trying falling back asleep. You'll immediately wake up and I usually shoot right out of bed with shortness of breath

Has this happen once or twice as a child. Scary as shit!!!!

This happened to me several times. I've never been afraid simply because I knew what it was.

The first time I opened my eyes and saw a baby-like Frankenstein monster staring and yelling nonsense at me. It was just a cloth once my mind adjusted.

The second time I woke up and saw a man form next to my bed. He was fat and didn't say anything. Eventually he just disappeared.

The third time I didn't bother opening my eyes and felt two arms wrap around me and pull me into the bed. It was both comforting and evil feeling.

I get all of the sensations.

Ive only had it once in my life and it was back when i was 19. I was plastered drunk and I felt somebody drawing on my face. I woke up and tried to slap them away but i couldnt move or even open my eyes. But like I said I was drunk and went back to sleep not giving a shit.

OP, not only are you a faggot, you are a dumb faggot. You want to know how to get over it? GO BACK TO FUCKING SLEEP! You are literally in between sleep and awake, close your eyes, go back to sleep, open them up and gone...fucking christ you people are more retarded then the chimps in the streets.

I was 15 when I started having my first sleep paralysis experiences, then it turned into something much more.

I stated having horrible nightmares. Shit so terrible it kept me up for over a week. I was scared to death to sleep.

After a year I began having really bad sleep paralysis in the mornings. I'd see shadow creatures, my family coming in and mocking me but I could sense their true intentions. People I considered friends slitting my throat. All kinds of fucked up shit.

I decided instead of sleeping in pitch black I'd open the curtains and sliding glass door. With the sun coming in, everything changed.

I woke up at the same time as usual, opened the curtains and door and went back to bed. I turned off the fan and there was pure silence. That when it hits after laying down to sleep. There's this buzzing hum and I feel that paralysis. I'm staring at the open door with the sun coming in and I realize I'm not using the right muscles. I jump out of bed and burst out my door. Then I realize I could fly. I never wanted it to end. When I become self conscious that the neighbors might see me flying over my house, I snap back into bed.

Sleep paralysis is a precursor to lucid dreaming, possibly even some deeper psychic shit like astral projection and remote viewing. I recommend anyone who experiences these things to continue researching how far they can go.

Happened for the first time when I was 15. Don't know why I didn't experience it when I was a child, I did have terrible nightmares as a child but they didn't bother me much because I've had hundreds of nightmares but this sleep paralysis was totally different and I never experienced it before that time.

I think that is the defense that Charley Rose will be using in the sex charges against him. He always looks like he is asleep or stoned

If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?

Probably a seagull. they are already pretty rude. they would probably verbally abuse you if you diddnt give them a french fry

This happened to new when I was younger. I could hear my cousin and little brother: the other room. Then a devil appeared in front of me and came closer til I woke up

how does the devil look like?

I think I've had something similar to this happen to me at least twice.

I was half awake but unable to move, like one of those dreams where you try to run but can't

It wasn't that bad, but I guess if I were more awake it might be worse

So I was masturbating you see, then I nod off and all remember was my body convulsing and a pitch increasing in intensity and my body being unable to move. I don’t know what this was but I’d gladly like to hear anyone’s ideas

I've had it a couple times and honestly it's uncomfortable but i find it interesting more so than scary tbh. Would do it agen

It's happened to me a couple of times.
The first time I was laying on the couch and could literally feel the chemicals in my brain putting me to sleep, I couldn't move and it felt like the most amazing high i have ever felt. It was this feeling of well being and just a hot knife cutting through butter.

The second one was beyond fucked up. I opened my eyes and could see this dark figure creeped up on the corner of the room just staring at me with these intense eyes. I tried every single fiber in my body to go and attack it because I felt in mortal danger. eventually I closed my eyes and woke up and could move again. it was fucked up.

I live with a guy who has apparently experienced it his entire life, up to and including the present. He told me that he didn't know what it was for years and doctors and his family didn't understand him or believe what he was saying. Sounds awful though, I think he's trying to psychosomatically transfer it to me though. He is foolish to attempt such a thing.

Honestly not that scary you pussy. I've had it frequently and even the first few times weren't too bad. I can force myself out of one

It looked just like the red faced guy from insidious but just black and curled horns. This was ... 2006? Really creeped me out when I seen that movie. Hasn't happened again.

Dang dude, i live by a busy enough road too. I've had sleep paralysis more times in the last month than i have my entire life so far. Sometimes I'm scared shitless, but it's more so panic that gets me. It's the not being able to move that gets me. I don't care so much about the evil presence feeding off me as much as i want to break free to charge headlong into it. The first time it ever happened to me was when i was in high school though and it scared the hell outta me. I was in my room on my back with everything the way it was when i wen to sleep except i felt a horrible sense of dread and was being pulled towards the ceiling to a black cloud with red eyes. Very rarely do i sleep on my back anymore and i always have my eyes wrapped when i go to bed.

I have had these of and on for most my life. At this point I know what it is but on occasion the image/dream changes and throws me for a loop.

My wife found out the hard way how bad it was for me at times.
> sleeping at a realatives house, fall asleep on their upstairs couch as she and my girls sleep downstairs
> short dream story version is someone breaks into the house
> I'm thinking I'm bound by something but just paralyses
> my wife hears me beginning to mumble a bit comes to investigate
> she says I was face down on the couch and locked eyes with her
> pure fear in my eyes
> she hesitates to wake me a bit stirs me awake completely
> finally catch my breath and sit up
> both wrist pouring blood
> thought I was tearing at duct tape on the wrist, actually my skin.

Fun.

Doubt it

this is how I break out

Same but i can also make myself have it. Do it a few times a week. Not bad

>be me
>do a squad run behind Berico for PT "darkside run"
>get done with the duty day
>go back to the barracks
>fuck off for a while, then sleep
>wake up at 03:00
>can't move think "fucking sleep paralysis"
>need to piss, can't get up
>getting pissed off at this point
>feel something moving the sheets
>suddenly cat like paw pressure moving up to my face
>hear something being whispered in Latin I guess
>finally stops
>run to take a piss, while shouting "fucking nigger demon!"
>roommate yells "fuck off!"
>don't tell anyone, so not to sound crazy.
4 years later
>be in Afghanistan
>mention this to friend who's into paranormal shit
>tells me the place we ran by was basically a rape pit for "witches"
>Catholic church tortured them in a cave there
Still don't know if that shit was real, or bullshit.

>Replying to copypasta

I think there was something about that house - not only was it near the highway, but the electricity was really bad. I had it pretty frequently in that house, it got quite a bit better when I moved out. I still make sure there's no plugs or any electronics charging near my head when i sleep, i feel like it makes it better.

to me he appeared in three different forms. 1 was
just a hand the second time he was fat and
cartoon like the last he was crazed and what
you would expect horns and mad.

Used to be bad when I was a kid. Just annoying now

Oh, yeah. Pic related.

it really sucks. It started happening to me when I was taking MDMA a lot and partying. I think that drug actually causes it because since I stopped taking it it stopped happening.

I have issue in new surroundings, my my fears off them. Camping.... It always happens when I fucking go camping in dead silence and the mind can pick any random notice and make it a nightmare scenario.

fuck I just posted this and my captcha was of a area by my house

wow that nurse one scared the wits outta me.

I once hallucinated I was going through a vortex on sleep paralysis. it was a bunch of red rings I was passing but it wasnt scary at all. my body was tingling and I can hear a clear humming sound.

second time I went into sleep paralysis I felt the same buzzing around my body ad I couldnt move. all these animals surrounded me from the animal kingdom and angrily roared/hissed/crowed at me. it was so scary I didnt want to open my eyes (never knew if I could either).

if you have Netflix, watch The Nightmare

>sleep in a queen size bed with my gf
>wake up, middle of the night
>gottapee.jpg
>slowly get out of bed
>shuffle down the hall and into bathroom
>whip out my 3 incher and empty it
>feelsgoodman.gif
>flush
>back to bed, lie down
>close my eyes
>her a shuffle in my room a few moments later
>open my eyes
>there's black silhouettes standing in a circle around my bed
>at least a dozen crammed into our tiny room
>can't move, think I'm being kidnapped
>girlfriend still asleep
Cont.

There was a small period in my life when I would consistently sleep and I would hear small whispers in my ear along with a really loud ringing and I would be immediately awake with my eyes open but I couldn't move properly, It was so strange, I was moving my body, but it was in literal slow motion, all of my body was synchronised to this really slow movement and I could feel the muscles in my body individually, like I had accessed some sort of super-awareness, I didn't see naything, but I could hear disembodied voices saying indecipherable things. I would eventually be able to move and I would close my eyes to sleep again and the ringing started again along with an intense bllod flow to my head, I coud hear the blood.

Would you say this counted as sleep paralysis, I was in a state of anxiety during the whole ordeal, I also get extremely anxious when I've attempted to astral project so maybe it was a sort of form of disembodiment, but not fully realised? idk.

I'm 33 years old. I have had sleep paralysis and night terrors 4 to 5 times a week my entire life. I usually get them coupled, I will have a night terror, wake up screaming, and then immediately be paralyzed. At this point in my life it's become so regular its almost mundane.

it started when I was a kid and have had it for 15 years.. Had the internet back then but it took me a few years to actually search the experiences I had.. The very first time was during the day, loud humming in my ears.. was laying in my bedroom. I swore aliens or something were coming to get me, I just laid there and couldn't move staring at the door waiting for them to walk in but it never happened.. As it started to happen more frequently I eventually started seeing this large shadow creature that was similar to a man but way bigger and too wide to be a man (not in a fat way) ... have seen these in the day and night. Everytime it has happened to me (sometimes multiple times a night) has felt extremely evil. I feel sorry for anyone else that has to deal with it...

There was one time that I did have an out of body experience. was weird as shit I woke up looking directly at the ceiling it was right in front of my face, I was so confused

Really makes you think. I might have to keep the electronics away from my head, but I've never noticed if anything is worse or not when there are. This stuff usually happens when I'm incredibly stressed, but sometimes just when i sleep on my back. Pretty sure my grandmother died in this house and my room was her old room. If i were her, I'd haunt the shit out of me too if i saw the stuff i do in here.

I think that sometimes it can combine with when your arms or legs fall asleep, it has a terrible sensation. Also, like you said the feeling of motion is pretty crazy, it's like a falling dream but you are awake. Does that sound familiar?

how are nightmares chill?

yes i grew up i've had 3 bouts of sleep paralysis where i had to fight for my life i mean surrender my life to lights it's gay and very scary but i am not scared of it cause it's stupid

Had a dream one night that I woke up as someone opened the door to my bedroom and shot me while I was in bed. The dream woke me up immediately as the gun was fired, and I experienced a few terrifying moments of sleep paralysis. I was convinced in the moment that the dream had been real and that the paralysis was what it was like to be dying from a gunshot wound. I remember trying to call for help but my face was frozen. After a few moments I was able to get up out of bed, but by this point I was very confused and brain foggy. It was years before I learned what sleep paralysis was, and I was freaked out about this experience for a while after.

Say the name of Jesus and it'll stop. just try it.

yeah man, NEVER sleep on your back. pretty much guaranteed for me to get it if I do that. A lot of folks have said the same to me when i bring it up.

Man I had this happen to me a lot as a child I must have surpassed it because I haven't thought about it till now thanks OP

it makes you think about all those folks that say they have been abducted

It happened to me when I was a kid and we really didnt have the internet and I had shitty parents who I didn't tell this to because they are even more crazy.. So I was scared as fuck most nights because it would happen multiple times throughout the night

It's not something you get used to, but eventually you'll know the signs for when you're falling into that haze and have to stop yourself going to sleep in such a manner.

Worst sleep experience I ever had was multiple false awakenings, from a dream, into a dream of being in my room, awake. Waking up into a deranged form of my room, aware that I just had two false awakenings and was trapped. There was a third part but I cba finding it right now, the panic when finally escaping was like nothing else. Genuinely having to check reality.

You're on entry level shit OP, enjoy your shadow figures standing watch, and imagining people walking into your room you're aware you're immobile.

just dependso n the person

for me it only happens for like 30 secs to a couple minutes, but it happens all the time for me throughout the night

for my grandfather his are less common but he is stuck in his for 15+ minutes

Crazy dreams, put a nicotine patch on before you go to sleep, that will get you some lucid dreams

had it once on the top of my bunk bed bc some asshole turned my light on and i just kinda sat there for about hour until i woke up. wasnt scary at all. most scared ive ever been was when i was in my old house at like five and i saw some skeletons down my hallway

>I lie in bed, rapidly breathing and out as I look at all the silhouettes around us
>what the fuck do I do
>I'm able get out grunts, but my girlfriend is dead asleep
>all I can think of is how were about to die
>the fan I have running in the corner of the room is the only sound besides my grunts
>I do my best to focus on the sound
>nobody else is here, just us and the fan
>I stare at my fan
>don't know why, but it gives me a slight calming feeling not staring at the silhouettes
>they notice this
>one looks over and slowly turns off the fan
>dead silence
>they all slowly begin creeping towards me
>touching me
>I let out screams, but they're all muted because I can't open my mouth
>what the fuck is happening
>I feel a tear in the corner of my eye
>they instantly vanish
>I look around, and spot my girlfriend
>she lying next to me, hand on my chest, staring at me
>Apparently I was very, very loudly screaming with my mouth closed
>she woke me up
>take a deep breath, still feeling them touching all over me
>I look at my fan
>it's off
>girlfriend says she didn't turn it off

I don't know, guys. That fan is ALWAYS on when I go to sleep. I need the sound of it to sleep properly, otherwise I hear ringing in my ears. I don't know if it was a ghost or sleepwalking or what, but something turned my fan off.

this, I also have terrible nightmares and nightly sleep paralysis
it's not so bad, I'm used to it now
upside: not scared of the dark or scary movies anymore
>tfw depressed and love sleeping even though it always scares the shit out of me

fuck off, its a new experience to him asshole. its freaky as fuck until you realize youre not the only one

holy shit, ive always thought it was just something weird that has happened to me once in awhile since i was young. I havent looked into it or spoken to anyone about it. I normally panic for a second but come to the realization i am sleeping. When i want to wake up its all of a sudden and in a jolt I wake up but other times i try and i do not succeed and remain asleep. i hate this feeling

I wouldn't say all of that, but the feeling of not being able to breath really fucks with me, even if for a brief moment, it's like near drowning.

>Reply
Sleep paralysis is pretty easy to escape... just try to rub your fingers together on each hand, works every time.

pls explain the chemicals in the brain. what did it feel like?

I actually experience it all the time. Sometimes it's terrifying, sometimes it's just annoying. Like sometimes I'll be fully aware of what's happening and I'm just lying there not able to move, and while it's extremely uncomfortable, it's not too bad and I just end up thinking about shit as if I were awake and not doing anything. However it's also happened where I've hallucinated that I was surrounded by wasps and I was getting attacked by them but couldn't do anything about it but endure. Even after I woke up it still felt like my body went through some shit.

RISP self diagosed here. That plus past unresolved traumas PLUS My MDMA(serotonin) & heroin(withdrawal) abuse lends my episodes VERY recurrent & hypnagogic. Also lmao at the people trying to be authorities speaking in absolutes on such a subjective experience

u guys so cooL!!!!

I had sleep paralysis only one time. During that night, i opened my eyes and immediatly saw a black cat entering my bedroom. I didn't knew where it came from. I tried to make noise so it will leave, but impossible to move . I was fucking terrified. That cat climbed on my bed, and then sat on my torso. i could clearly feel his weight and thought that this demonic cat was going to eat my face. Then in my head i screamed help, and suddently that cat run away out of my bedroom. I remember i was very confused for a good hour, thinking it was a spirit visiting me .

It either happens right as you're falling asleep or right as you're waking up. If it happens as you're falling asleep, then yes, going to sleep is the best option. If it's happening as you're waking up, then there's really nothing you can do.

world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/sleep-paralysis.html

this makes no sense, how the hell do you tear your skin, you cant move anything but your eyes

I have it all the time had it since I was a kid. At first it was insane and traumatic. Now though, it is something I'm used to. When it happens I just focus on breathing and wake myself up or sink into it and trip balls. Sometimes I freak myself out though because it's like I transport into a state where I can feel hundreds of hands touching me but I can't see anything... so yeah the brain can be weird.

tourist guide (Haunted/ghost tour) in Charleston, SC told me this too, calls them riders and people that visit there have it happen to them occasionally (first timers)

Well that was my first time running back there.

you people probably have weird diets. i wonder if it might be sodium and a lot of sugar. i've avoided both for most of my adult life and have never experienced anything like this.

the reason i think it's diet related is because i drink and smoke weed and as i've been in that mode for about 10 years i've noticed that i'll still be dreaming when i wake up. i actually wrote a paper about it for a philosophy course because it was on topic based on the material we were on in "minds, brains, and computers".

i call them "dream seeds". i actually experienced it about 6 hours ago as i was waking up late. it's like a wild sequence of images that seem to be completely unrelated and come so fast, you couldn't possibly describe them. it's like random bits from 100 films i've never seen going by in 2 minutes. they can be anyone or anything in any situation, and i know i've never seen them before. that was to discuss how dreams are supposed to happen really fast based on our real time existence and since you get 100 in two minutes, each could trigger its own dream or end up being an element of it.

since i can float at that level of brain waves based on my diet, maybe you idiots are stuck in this mode because of yours.

also though, i've done the equivalent of two ounces of liquid LSD and a quarter pound of shrooms and smoked 30 pounds of weed in my life.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ESsKibpBNQ

I have this weird ability were i can induce it at will. Coziest way to fall asleep

I think you are always able to move/speak/yell during these events. It's your brain saying otherwise. Hence people screaming, feeling sensations of false objects moving (really their own body), opening/closing eyes.

Bullshit bro and everyone knows it

>nigger demon
kek

no never heard of being able to move, even extremely slowly during sleep paralysis. You literally can't move a finger no matter how hard you try. You can move your eyes and you hear this humming or white noise in your ears.

I can let out a light moan, sometimes it's enough to wake up my GF. She knows if i am doing that to lightly shake me and it goes away instantly

yes, the bullshit brain takes the most nonsense sound and makes it into a fuckmare for no reason. fucking piece of shit mind.

same here bro, multiple times a night. shit sucks.. used to be scary, sometimes is during but I'm so used to it that I instantly fall back asleep

wow you sound fucking insufferable. Read and maybe a peer-reviewed article or 2