Why was this ever even up for debate?

Why was this ever even up for debate?

Other urls found in this thread:

oke.io/HieQgb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its bullshit

you can clearly tell from the swatches that its white and gold, the whole thing is just a facebook meme

it was spammed so heavily on Sup Forums though, it was fucking obnoxious

Stop trolling

Shitty camera phones. The original post was here: oke.io/HieQgb

I ain't opening that shit

We all know that the actual dress in real life is black and blue.
But people kept seeing white and gold or black and blue in the actual image when its not fucking there. Why?

A reason to troll/fake argue with people.

The dress doesn't really make sense as an optical illusion because it's not being compared with anything to make the illusion. It's just a picture that was snapped with bad lighting.

This isn't an illusion, it's an actual trick.

Because of the camera flash

Do you understand that when people look at the OP image they actually see black and dark blue in the image?

so can i do this and free chocolate for life

Watch the white space between the bottom and the piece moving from left to right get smaller.

Welp that's enough internat.

more like this

I heard this is actually real and works, only if cut the same way

beautiful

why is this so satisfying

Doesn't apply. There's no 2nd dress in the OP image. In addition, the colors are fairly uniform throughout. There's no black or dark blue anywhere in the OP dress.

Meant for

Why not?

It's the context your eyes/brain assume, dumbass.

I got one or two similar to this..

The context compared to what? There's an objective color set in the image and it's pretty flat. There's no A B square trickery going on here.

The A square is the context some peoples' eyes/brain naturally lean towards. The B square is another context some people lean towards.

This wouldn't be so heavily disputed online if it wasn't a trick that affected people differently and worked as an illusion in this way. Some people are even able to look at it in a way where they understand why others see it differently naturally, much like how when you understand the 'spinning silhouette' you may be able to use your mind to change the direction of it.

In fact, the silhouette illusion is pretty much the perfect analogy.

Here's another.

This isn't dots, but close enough.

>The context in ones brain

That's retarded. There is no context until you look at the image, your brain doesn't know what to expect. The silhoutte thing works because your brain thinks "This parts under a shadow so it should be darker than the part that isnt."

But there's nothing like that going on in the image. There is no "this part should be blacker than this part." to confuse. The top left is a little bit of a darker brownish gold thing but that's it. Other than that, the colors are fairly uniform throughout.

Because color perception goes beyond simple RGB values.

Should be darker? Huh?
The rotation you go for has nothing to do with that.
The shadow shown in is completely optional. Here you go: Image related.
Show me, now, what drives you to make yourself believe it's spinning one way rather than another? Is it some ding in her nose, or the shadow you imagine her having?

>But there's nothing like that going on in the image. There is no "this part should be blacker than this part." to confuse.

Yes well light influences color, you see. So while you think the gold part is because of a glare, some peoples brain interpret the black part as being because of shadow. Hence, the completely different views of the image. Hence,

Job?

People signaling like lemurs or a whole pack of monkeys so they can feel like they fit in with the rest

The great thing about this illusion, is that she has hard nipples.

>See people arguing about gold or black
>Download image
>Put in gimp
>Eyedropper it
>Gold and white/blue

Fucking normies having opinions instead of being autistic and just finding the facts

The op image isn't a .gif idiot.

why is this being spammed ?
what tf is it ?

i don't think it ever was,
was it?