Who is the Joe Rogan of music?

Who is the Joe Rogan of music?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0Por3wqRv3z
academia.edu/178279/Folk_Music_Art_Music_Popular_Music_What_do_these_categories_mean_today
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Phil Spector.

Maynard James Keenan

Fred Durst

Somebody who tries to be the aggregate of all music, but just ends up watered down version of every genre.

A very bad Kanye West.

Pink Floyd

Entry level as fuck yet people think it's deep

Tibetan throat singing rap music

Tool or Pink Floyd

>entry level podcast
what did he mean by this

Joe Rogan is the alpha and omega of podcasts. Entry and exit core. Light up, take a toke, relax.

>entry level
Music isn't a video game. There isn't an "entry level" from where you "level up" your music taste.

wish you weren't here

you are dumb

>haha bro can't you see that these bands I think are popular are really just like the first level in a tier of music that I arbitrarily arrange in a hierarchy
Yeah man, I'm the dumb one.

you see the word "level" and you assume there's some kind of video-game progression to achieve a "higher" level. You fail to comprehend that "entry level" just means that it's an easier point to get into the genre.

> it's an easier point
So along with your weird video game obsession, you can't fathom the idea of different people liking different things / having different ways "into" a genre ?

>he's never listened to the Ricky Gervais XFM shows
Pleb

This is actually a really good question but with only a couple of good answers. Pink Floyd or Tool both work.

>So along with your weird video game obsession

Nice strawman

You are over complicating things. "Entry level" is not a new concept. There are genres on which it's obviously easier to get someone into it if they listen to certain pieces before others, without causing them to discard the genre entiirely. This doesn't always happen, but it does.

>Ricky Gervais XFM shows

my fuckin nigga

>PLAY A RECORD. PLAY-A-RECORD

> it's obviously easier to get someone into it if they listen to certain pieces before others
lmao there you go treating music like a video game again

Let's just not talk about how >Entry level as fuck yet people think it's deep
further supports the idea that you people treat music like a video game (arbitrary hierarchy in which people must complete certain steps before approaching the Big Boy Music)

>must

There's the dumb part of your brain. Stop being dumb, tripfag.

lmao manchildren like you shouldn't be allowed to post

stop shitposting and go back to your essentials and flowchart threads

to add to this user's point, if you were to introduce someone to "jazz" as a whole, it wouldn't be a good idea to show them the most avant garde blistering noisy extreme free jazz first, you might recommend kind of blue or giant steps. these are big respected classics that probably come first to mind for most people when they think of "jazz". they are entry level. this is not a negative thing.

You should just admit that you are wrong and drop the tripcode along with your pride instead of ignoring the argument altogether.

tripfags always have such great opinions

> just admit that you are wrong
non sequitur

ME: you guys realize music isn't a video game right
YOU: umm sweetie don't you realize that some people NEED to treat music like a video game so that they don't lose focus and quit ? dumb tripfag bet you didn't even think of that.
ME: . . .

I'm not the one who sees a description analogous to a video game (leveling up from a starting point in order to endure more challenging conditions) and gets so triggered that they have to rush in and deny this behavior while simultaneously justifying it. It's time to grow up.

i really don't understand what you're so worked up about. it makes perfect easy to understand sense why you wouldn't show someone who is unfamiliar with a genre of music a very experimental version of it. someone who listens to pop radio exclusively should probably listen to led zeppelin before white light/white heat if they want to check out some rock music.

you're the one imposing some hierarchy. no one in this thread said that the experimental stuff is better than the entry level stuff, its just easier to digest to someone unfamiliar with it.

>NEED

Yet again, you fail to put your brain into action. Think for a bit. I'm out of this.

>i really don't understand what you're so worked up about.
oh sweetie don't project like that
>it makes perfect easy to understand sense why you wouldn't show someone who is unfamiliar with a genre of music a very experimental version of it.
>experimental
my favorite buzzword.
>someone who listens to pop radio exclusively should probably listen to led zeppelin before white light/white heat if they want to check out some rock music.
speak for yourself, plebeian. I routinely find that this autistic obsession with "entry level" has no bearing on the music exploration of anyone I know personally, least of all myself. you guys are talking about slightly less conventional flavors of pop music 99% of the time you bring this term up, too. it's comical.

>you're the one imposing some hierarchy. no one in this thread said that the experimental stuff is better than the entry level stuff, its just easier to digest to someone unfamiliar with it.
odd how you see the word "heirarchy" and your immediate thought is "better" instead of the more obvious "harder to digest"

yeah you already lost homo
re-read >if they listen to certain pieces before others, without causing them to discard the genre entiirely
"need" and "must" are contained within "cause" due to discarding of the genre being linked causally to _not_ listening to "certain pieces before others"

Looks like another episode of...
>attempts to into semantics
>cannot into semantics

>responding to a trip for 10 posts

>call someone dumb
>lose argument to said person
who is the real dumb here

holy shit
it's been a long time since i've seen some classic tripfag behaviour on mu
you're giving me nostalgia

lol what are you even arguing about. like take a chillpill, brehs.

>don't project like that
im not but okay
>my favorite buzzword
why is it a buzzword? i was describing white light white heat, its a pretty experimental album
>pop music
led zeppelin and white light/white heat aren't pop music one is blues rock and the other is noise rock. i'm not sure what you mean by that.

>why is it a buzzword
because it's meaningless lmao
>rest of the post
vocaroo.com/i/s0Por3wqRv3z
it's all subgenres of pop dude

okay, please explain why it is a meaningless word and how blues rock and noise rock are subgenres of pop
you can go ahead and make statements without explaining them at all but i'm not going to gain anything from this conversation unless you do

explaining why experimental is a terrible descriptor would be more difficult than imploring you to see for yourself how vague and varying the definitions are

academia.edu/178279/Folk_Music_Art_Music_Popular_Music_What_do_these_categories_mean_today
I wonder if this woman knows that I've given her academic paper >5,000 views by posting it here so often

KA MATE KA MATE KA ORA KA ORA