Hey Sup Forums /an/ isn't talking got a small issue need some advice...

Hey Sup Forums /an/ isn't talking got a small issue need some advice. I got fruit fly infestation in my hermit crab tank. I made a make shift fly trap with that pill bottle with apple cider vinegar with a drop of dish soap. But the little fuckers aren't biting, I even tried sucking the fuckers with a vacuum cleaner but they keep coming. So what should I do?

Relocate the crab and clean the tank. We both know you dont want to do that cause its a pain in the ass. Its the only way you lazy fuck.

Crabs don't live in soil you dumbass, the flys lay their eggs in the moist soil, get sand you fucking retard

Its coconut fiber you cunt.

Fuck.

Any other tips before this thread goes 404 ?

Do you have the apple cider vinegar and dish soap in that sealed pill bottle? Might want to open that so they can fall inside... Just hang it from the inside of the cage so your hermit crab doesnt tip it over. Not sure they like apple cider vinegar.

Yeah its in the pill bottle I've made fruit fly homemade traps before its suppose to be like crack to them but for some reason they aren't biting. As for hanging it over the cage...the might work, I did put a hole in the top of the pill bottle...maybe it doesn't have enough room. Idk.

Would throwing a frog in there cause any harm?

I rather not then that just means another mouth to feed.

Maybe planting some flie eating plants? Sometimes simple shops sell them for cheap prices.

Use champagne not vinegar. They fucking love champagne.

Maybe.

Really?

Yes. Vinegar never worked for me.

Ok I'll make a run to the store and get some. It just has to be champagne right?

Take a can of redbull, poke holes in cling wrap and put it on top, sticky traps work well too

That can work to.

Any shit champagne.

Should I add a drop of dish soup into the trap or just let them drown?

And don't use too much soap. They can smell it. Just enough to break surface tension. Maybe even try no soap.

Alright can't hurt to try.

thats actually a great idea if your crab doesnt crush them or starts eating it .

i recently got rid of my fruit fly infestation with some jars of vinegar mixed with wine . alcohol + vinegar seems to attract them much better than pure filtred vinegar .

the problem is they will keep coming back as long as they have food and a place to lay their eggs wich in your case is the entire tank.

what you could try to do is get rid of every adult fly you can find make sure the tank is free of anything . take out your hermit crabs and fill the entire medium with boiling hot water this should kill the larvae and eggs .

obviously you have to wait a couple of hours before putting the crab back in and possibly drain the water off .

Seems like regardless the tank is getting a scrub down.

They work but only after the apple starts to rot a little. Then it's like crack.

They work good but you need to keep the trap in there until you see larvae on the apple. If you wait til you don't see anymore flys they just hatch and start over.

What attracts them sense we are the topic. Like I change the food regular less most of is dry. Is it because of the humidity or what?

Also wine, beer, or just fruit works better then vinegar

They're eating something in the tank probably tiny fungus or poo. These flies flourish at over 50% humidity. The higher the rh the more flies. Keeping humidity as low as possible will wipe them out.

They're very adaptive and usually if no fruit they'll lay eggs in your sink drains even

Don't the crabs eat fruit and veggies? Prob where there coming from

I give them freeze dried stuff but I give them fresh stuff when I can but its only in the tank for like 6 hours.