discord.gg/neA547g

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!EIokSQ7Q!VEu-7H6zJSAjPLGgca55vg
youtube.com/watch?v=zriF4xIYZQI
youtu.be/Z9P7bt2lsz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is that Discord link a new thing?

Its appropriate for this threads audience.

She could've used やらなかった here right? How does なかった differ from ていない in terms of nuance, beside the obvious "did not" vs "have not?"

The reason I ask is because it seems kind of weird to me that she's using ていない when "giving an ice cream" is a short, one-time action. It seems like やらなかった would be more natural to me and if someone could explain why that's not used here, I'd greatly appreciate it

ヤンダ is thanking よつば for giving him (some of) her ice cream. To this, よつば responds with やってねー (ねー = ない), using the て form as it is a resultant state which remains in the same manner.
To explain, the (っ)ている tense form differs from what you may be used to in English. Here, やらなかった would mean that she didn't give it to him, complete past tense action. Think the difference between she hasn't done it and she didn't do it. The latter is a static (non) event, whereas the former is an event which exists in a continual state: she didn't do it (at the time) which remains that way.
An easier way to visualise this is with a different verb but the same form. In Japanese, a fallen leaf which remains in the state of being a fallen leaf is
>葉が落ちている
Which means that there is a fallen leaf (which remains in the state of being there on the ground, a fallen leaf).
>葉が落ちた
Also means "a leaf has fallen" but it is a static, completed action which does not imply that the leaf remains there on the ground. It is a past action but there is no insinuation of continuity. The leaf may have fallen but it may also have later been stepped on or picked up, etc.

Does this help?

It was set up a few months ago when DJT was on the verge of death as a gathering point if push came to shove.
I for one think we shouldn't advertise it around because it might just get filled with random niggers, but eh, let's see how this first time plays out.

I have a grammar question.

So in order to say "need to do something", I know I can use ~なければなりません.

For example, 「僕は払わなければなりません」. "I need to pay".

How do I say DON'T need to do something? For example, "You don't need to pay"?

One way of stating something like that is:
>払う必要がない

>払う必要がいない

Ah, I think I get it!
~ければなりません is so confusing, it feels like a double-negative. I'm trying to simply accept it and move on; progress is slow.

>I'm trying to simply accept it and move on
A good attitude, really. There is a lot which won't make a whole lot of sense for a long time.

There is also 払わなくてもいい - even if no pay, it's fine.

Oh, it's like 払ってもいいです, but using ない+て-form. I get it! Cool, thanks!

itt weebs that are learning japanese to sub animus and mangos

てはいきない/ならない/だめ

払ってはいけない -> don't pay

のんのんびより volume 11 was published today. Hot off the digital presses:
mega.nz/#F!EIokSQ7Q!VEu-7H6zJSAjPLGgca55vg

Does anyone know the grammar rule that is in the highlighted text?

I know that -ておく means in preparation for something but what about the rest of the word?

it's colloquial for "have to"
おかなければいけない would be the "correct" form

しなくちゃいけない = しなくてはいけない

I just started studying katakana and hiragana. It's hard for me to remember it, apart from practicing did you use any trick or memo rule?

Thank you!

誠に有難う御座います

>今、テレビでアルゼンチンと日本の違うところを紹介しているんだけど、アルゼンチンでは2人に1人が犬を飼っているって本当?
What did she mean by this? I don't understand what "紹介している" or "2人に1人" mean here.

>紹介している
introducing. It's a TV program that's introducing the differences between Argentina and Japan. I'm watching it, too.

>2人に1人
One in two people, so half of the population.

Oh, thank you!

Sure! It's an interesting program.

Okay I've memorised the hiragana visually though i cant remember how to write them, still working on my writing, and I'm starting to work on katakana now. Is this a good time to start my Anki deck?

ジョギングから戻ると、タバコを辞めたら良かったいつもと思う。。。

I'd say so. Hiragana is the most important part to learn before continuing. Now to build a vocabulary and learn Katakana. Keep a good flow going as long as you can.

あげた↔あげてない
あげた↔あげなかった

なんでかねえ。。

Up 10% from yesterday. Most of the trouble words are starting to lock in.

I'm learning it to get into the action figure business, but yeah that's a nice bonus

どうも

youtube.com/watch?v=zriF4xIYZQI

I used mnemonics's for several

People day to read it in a day and go, but if you're struggling take it one set at a time, i.e. AIEUO, SASHISESUSO etc.

You'll likely come up with your own just by looking at the shapes. For example む (mu) reminds me of a cow. Whatever works for you.

Yeah i do this for example in my mind i say for remember け "The missionary" (Looks like a hand and a cross kek)

In that case there is nothing I do not know, I just have to practice. Wish me luck.

>"The missionary" (Looks like a hand and a cross kek)
remembering this shit seems like much more work than just remembering the stupid symbol

>tfw just finished tae kim and already forgot 80% of it
what now?

How long did it take you? Haven't read it yet.

The memory of everyone does not work the same, I prefer to memorize things with mental images, I go much faster..

read it again

hey guys living in the states. Always wanted to move to japan I like anime and the culture street drifting night life sounds cool as hell also.
How would I even go about this I dont have a college degree and I don't speak japense. I would learn japenese before moving there though just so I could communicate. I wouldn't care about being a dishwasher or some shit but how much money do you think I would need?
Where is a nice laid back part of japan to move to? kind of low population but stilll has a crazy nightlife where I could deliver cookies and whip it all night or something

Anyone done something similar to this?

not gonna lie this isn't bait I am just high as shit, living in america kills me. Ill come back later and word it better.

You'll have to get off the weeds and get a bachelor's degree if you really want to move there

hey fuck off fellow american fagot. you aren't even in japan why would I listen to you?

this

He's right though, Japan doesn't award residency to anyone without at least a Bachelor's Degree.

Wow really?

[spoiler]One more semester then

I started doing Japanese 3 weeks ago, lessons are once a week for 2 hours. I'm to start working full time soon and hopefully save around 15k for moving to Japan at the start of next year, then work there part time and with a bit of income from my family. I feel like I should go there and study Japanese there for a year but I'm not really sure if that's a good idea. I wanted to really immerse myself into Japan and Japanese culture and make friends.

>actually wanting to move to Japan

Have fun being a corporate slave and the eternal gaijin.

Yes, thanks a lot. Sorry, I fell asleep right after I posted that.

I know that てやる can also be used when you do something undesirable to someone, but can てあげる be used in the same way?

キノは、右足の腿の辺りを撃ってあげた。

Also thanks to the Japanese user or users that have answered my questions in the last couple of days, I kept forgetting to say thanks.

Read a few mango volumes, then read Tae Kim again. The more you do it, the more things will fall into place.

Iterate!

>dad, animal
What did she mean by this

>I started doing Japanese 3 weeks ago, lessons are once a week for 2 hours.

The courses are a scam and you won't learn anything. The absolute minimum you need to study is 1 hour a day.

AIUEO, not AIEUO

What?
Besides, that おぶっ is said by her dead.

>父ちゃん!
>汚物!

lol, he's making sound. A small child just jumped on his chest.

Is she using でした and not です because the action that took place that led her to believe Jumbo was from Venus took place in the past (him appearing first in the night sky) or something?

Or is because "he was a Venusian the whole time" or something (I doubt this, cause then it would be ていた form or something, right?)?

Today I dreamed there were only 20 kanji left to learn!

>Or is because "he was a Venusian the whole time" or something
More or less, yes.

I want to get off 出来ないちゃん's wild ride.

Anybody ever play any of the Neo ATLAS games? I hear they're very visual novelly. Good reading material or possibly too advanced to start with?

youtu.be/Z9P7bt2lsz8

How is 行った pronounced? Sorry, I can't find a pronunciation for it...

いった or おこなった, depending on the verb used

太郎さん
1. cockroach (word used in restaurants so customers won't catch on)Slang, See also 隠語
2. Mr Tarou

Can anybody here tell me the brewing instructions for each of these?

Top fucking kek. 太郎's everywhere must have rough childhoods

For Hot:
Please add one bag to 1-2 liters of fully boiling water, brew for approximately five minutes and remove once tea has reached desired strength. For larger amounts of tea, please increase the number of bags.

For Cold:
Please add one bag to one liter of water and chill in refrigerator, then remove tea bag and drink once tea has reached desired strength.

Thanks! Any idea what the name of the area is that they're pointing to, would be nice to know where they're harvesting the barley.

Kusatsu Pioneer Farm, in Kusatsu, Shiga Prefecture.

Oh okay I thought she said it.
But also おぶつ is coming up as animal in a dictionary

Thanks again.

How do you start feeling like reading Japanese on hot days like today? Today my entire body is burning up and it isn't relaxing at all.

Just do it

By having AC or a fan

Was 60 degrees today.

>J-CAT telling me I'm N1 equivalent
>didn't answer a bunch of questions and still felt like a complete 出来ない while taking it

Are their comparisons way off or is N1 just not as impressive as I imagined it was? I'm not even done with the Kyouiku.

I started actual school today, I have 10 weeks left and I have about 2 hours of homework tonight.

How much Anki should I do so I am not judged for skipping reviews?

How long u ben studying my nig
Wat was ur score

All of your reviews

If you skip, the spaced repetition meme becomes useless

Won't just cramming in two subjects be shit for retention anyway though?

How much kanji will I have learned by the end of the core 10k?

Anki isn't cramming.

That's kind of a hard question for me to answer. Let's say 8 years of mostly 現代視覚文化研究 and then maybe half a year of actual studying. Went from something like a 210 (N2 equivalent) the last time I took it to a 273 this time, so the half year of actual studying definitely paid off.

Can I make it to n4 level by august if I've been studying for a month?

I guess, thanks.

depends on how hard you study

This kanji is a fighter! Look how brave it is!

What's the difference in nuance between 関心 and 興味?

lmao babi

Not everyone has the good fortune of being born on Satan's sphincter

First one is deeper, second one is casual.

Makes sense. Thank you.

>Getting bored of seeking employment in the states
>Have experience working with children
>Seeing offers to teach in Japan for a year
... Should I try for it?

Do you own a HiAce van?