For me, it's Mark Kozelek. The best singer/songwriter of the last 25 years

For me, it's Mark Kozelek. The best singer/songwriter of the last 25 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bEJuRdus_58
youtube.com/watch?v=8vcOvPnl7wE
youtube.com/watch?v=Uj4wyW2OgDk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lmao he looks like an electrician or plumber that just decided to start making indie folk

why does he always look like hes trying to intimidate the camera holder whenever he takes pics?

That haircut makes his forehead look three feet tall

Because he's always trying to intimidate the camera holder whenever he takes pics because he's chad as fuck

His being terse with people is probably an unconscious method of garnering notability and memorable

This is the greatest album ever recorder.
Can you prove me wrong? Almost certainly not.

BLOATED

>Can you prove me wrong?
It doesn't have Katy Song.

Katy song is literally the best slowcore song i've ever heard. Is there anything better?

>Is there anything better?
No.

he looks like a retarded fat baby

Favourite moments on this album?

>indie folk
>indie
>folk

I wish Down Colorful Hill was left off the album. Any of their other songs that had been demoed at that time would have worked better. Down Colorful Hill just kills the momentum of the album. I still like the song just fine, I just think ti should have ended up on RHP I. Put Strawberry Hill in it's place. Or even Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe yes, Strawberry Hill no
I disagree on DCH killing the pace but Uncle Joe would be killer in its place, especially a more electric version

Katy Song, while great, is not even the fourth best song on Rollercoaster

Uncle Joe is too good compared to the rest of Bridge.

Agree, it deserves a better album

I'll give Bridge credit in that it has the better version of New Jersey, at least.

Fucking this

someone should punch him in the face. what a weird thing to do. who is he even intimidating? p4k writers?

Yes, and they deserve it

I think this is better.

youtube.com/watch?v=bEJuRdus_58

Love Katy song though

touche

blindfold whips ass though

The second half is terrible.

ur kidding right? that scream is the best part

'Strawberry Hill'

Facts right here

lmao!

For me, it's Mark Kozelek. The best singer/songwriter of the last 25 years.

That's clearly Joanna Newsom.

youtube.com/watch?v=8vcOvPnl7wE

I love Joanna, but I think RHP is just better

You dumb fucks, Down Colorful Hill is the best track on the album and is supposed to kill the "pace". "The pace". Oh my god, what nerds. Medicine Bottle is overbearing, and Down Colorful Hill is light with the highest point of the album. I'm just shaking my head that you people have such poor taste, I really – 100% – am shaking my head right now.

Any song from the first album besides Michael is better than Katy Song.

*blocks your path*

Medicine bottle is the best song and key track on here. Down Colorful Hill is great, but shut up

is there a better Mark's song than God Bless Ohio?

>Medicine Bottle is the key track on the album Down Colorful Hill, not the longer and more profound song placed in the center named Down Colorful Hill.

this happens to a lot of albums. you point being??

No point in arguing with someone who can't discern the best track.

I'd go for Window Sash Weights or Lone Star.

We don't need, deserve kozelek

this fucking song makes me feel so many things, and the music matches the lyrics perfectly.

also the best slowcore album

youtube.com/watch?v=Uj4wyW2OgDk

>The best singer/songwriter of the last 25 years.
I'd throw Richard Buckner in contention for that award.

>that image

I've always though Mark has had three very distinct periods in his career (at least so far). Early RHP was mopey slowcore, later RHP through April was more alt. country-focused, and Benji onwards has been crochety rambling.

>at least so far
What would a fourth period be like?

Zappa-esque musique concrete with vocal non sequitors on top? I'd be down for that

I think Carry Me Ohio is the best song he ever wrote

Cruiser, Lost Verses, or The Light