RADIOHEAD - OK COMPUTER

Holy fuck this album is so good. Actually makes me cry.

Why is it called OK Computer though? I don't understand why any Radiohead albums are named what they are except In Rainbows.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QBGaO89cBMI
youtu.be/OV2rhZjhY14
youtu.be/9nHK9iqdoDo
youtu.be/Q-_0DhriSwg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

2d33p4u

Hey, is there any album like OK Computer? specifically the feeling it gives off.

because thom was like "OK, computer let's make music together"

cause 21st century n shit

Kid A is better

this, we are controlled by computers mang shiets 2deep4you

It's when Thom said, "Ok Computer, I'm ready to make music with you now".

I think Thom has a philosophical ideology that technology largely separates or maybe isolates people, but that it's sort of an unstoppable behemoth. So I always thought of it as either, "Ok, computer, ok, I give up you win" or that we're all turning into desensitized computers, not good, not bad, just ok, like in Fitter Happier.

it's called ok computer because it's thom reluctantly agreeing with it

>do all this mundane shit that's ultimately good for you
"i- bu-... ok computer..."

thom: ok, computer... make me a song

computer: ok *writes fitter, happier*

thom: wow what a great tune! ok, computer you are the best!

computer: :)

It's called OK Computer because when Radiohead were on tour in Japan, Thom was in an electronics store when he heard a young boy exclaim "OK computer!" to his father. True story, look it up.

it's a quote from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy radioplay that they listened to while touring for the Bends

wholesome dubloons

>30

haha lose

I rarely every have the time or motivation to listen to full albums, but from what I've heard OK Computer is by far the best.

I wish I could hear something else this memorable and satisfying.

>06

SHUT THE FUCK UP, PIERCE

ch-ch-ch-check em

Ok Computer mix Can with Britpop.

with a slice of Pink Floyd for OK Computer

Jonny must've listened to a shitton of DSOTM when he wrote the guitar line for The Tourist

alright i gotchu

pablo honey- no fucking clue

the bends- alternative name for decompression sickness, which is how radiohead supposedly felt post-creep

ok computer- quote from hitchiker's guide to the galaxy

kid a - doesn't have a direct meaning, out of all the albums they have been the most obscure about this name, people think it's the first human clone, though (backed up by the kid a blips)

amnesiac- thom said it's something to be forgotten about, like a book lost in the library (hence the album art)

httf- anti-george bush quote

tkol- some tree in the uk

amsp- no clue

PIERCE ME BROSNAN

what about in rainbows you fucker

last night i bond burgered your sister

op said he understood it

a rainbow is the lgbt symbol

o damn

Pablo Honey is a quote from a prank call skit that Radiohead liked.

Pablo Honey is a Jerky Boys skit if you can believe it.

"Pablo honey...are you washing your ass?"

>40

Slowdive got the name for Souvlaki from the Jerky Boys too, must have been popular in 1993

I don't know slowdive but I know that skit

>Shell smashed, juices flowing
>Wings twitch, legs are going
>Don't get sentimental, it always ends up drivel
>One day, I am gonna grow wings
>A chemical reaction
>Hysterical and useless
>Hysterical and
>Let down and hanging around

That thing about Bush is not true, Thom specifically addressed that when HTTF came out.

>No alarms and no surprises
>No alarms and no surprises
>No alarms and no surprises please

Brand new- science fiction

>69
>sex

tfw unreleased tracks from a 20yo album finally come out

youtube.com/watch?v=QBGaO89cBMI

I'll have to listen to Kid A again. I'm really feeling like OK Computer is the best album they've ever made right now.

And that song even sounds its age (and gleefully so).
Man of War, on the other hand, is pretty fucking timeless

thinking that the two girls in the beginning weren't even BORN when this song was recorded...

The legit answer

thom said he made up kid a by cutting words and placing them randomly

"At the golden ratio of In Rainbows, which occurs 2 minutes 49 seconds into "Reckoner," the background vocals can be heard singing "In Rainbows." It was the ancient Greek mathematician Euclid, who first defined the golden ratio, an aesthetically pleasing proportioning within a piece. A mathematical constant, the golden ratio is calculated as approximately 1.6180339887. In a work of art it appears at 1/1.618, or about 61.8% of a way through. On In Rainbows 2 minutes 49 seconds into "Reckoner" is 61.8% of the way through the album."
reckoner was originally going to be called "in rainbows" because it's the point in the album where it becomes "in rainbows"

if so, only the blonde one in the early-90s getup. The one in the black dress is actually Thom Yorke's girlfriend who's 32 or 33.

the blonde one is his daughter

A Moon Shaped Pool is our planet
Damn that's deep......... woah

Oh. Didn't even know he had a daughter. Makes sense that she would appear next to her stepmother.

here's Pablo Honey:
youtu.be/OV2rhZjhY14

Hail to the Fief?
But it IS true. It was addressing both, the issue of Dubya "stealing" the election (thanks to Gerrymandering and the Florida tossup) – Thom even used that exact phrase "...stole the election" in interviews – and his plans to invade Iraq which were widely regarded as either a plan to secure natural resources (fun fact: An anagram of "Hail to the Thief" would be "The Faith: The Oil") or a plan to generally reshape the middle east (and look how well THAT worked out...)

>fun fact: An anagram of "Hail to the Thief" would be "The Faith: The Oil"
This is a happy accident, I can assure you.

See:
youtu.be/9nHK9iqdoDo
Skip to 5:15 and you will find the following quote:
>To me, [...] the reason we called the record "Hail to the Thief" was just like stating the bleedin' obvious. The bleedin' obvious is the most powerful country in the world is run by someone who stole an election.

It's a good interview btw. Very in-depth and Thom was obviously glad he had over 20 minutes to state his views regarding those topics.

of course it is, m8. I'm not delusional. I just thought it was fun to point out.

An absolute beaut. And that video has it all: Girls who look like the dancers in the Street Spirit video, a guy who's dressed up like Robin, drinking from a fishbowl, fake plastic trees (plus a shopping cart) – everything.

Oh my god this is so great

>619
Rey Mysterio!

The girl who interviews him there actually wrote the novel this movie was based on:
youtu.be/Q-_0DhriSwg

Ok computer is pure gold but... yeah i agree... Kid A is better, not for much, but that album is fucking beautiful

hory shet!
She looked cute though. I guess Thom felt likewise.

pls no bully but im just getting into radiohead im 21.

GTFO UNDERAGE B&

it means
well programmed computer (contextualizing the modern technologic era we're all living)

Higher highs and lower lows on Kid A imo, which I find to be a good thing.

>69 again

god i hate Thom Yorke so much, what a fucking pseud

What if the Karma Police was to employ Karma Chamaeleons?

Moon Shaped Pool is literally "woah global warming dude"

Piss off, you cunt.

it made me cry too in a bad way

It's cool to finally find an interview where Thom doesn't just treat the interviewer like an asshole or look like he's miserable.

>Holy fuck

whats your favorite song?

Yes. And?

He's a fickle guy, that's for sure. He's mellowed considerably though.
The worst thing that can happen to an interviewer these days is that Thom is going through an ultra-goofy phase again.

It comes from a Jerky Boys prank call skit in which the prank caller says to his victim, "Are you OK, computer?"