The year is 2013. You have been given the Manchester United job to succeed Alex Ferguson...

The year is 2013. You have been given the Manchester United job to succeed Alex Ferguson. How do you go about the job differently to >moyes?

I'd resign

Buy Paulo Dybala

Get rid of Rooney instantly, show them that the AF days are dead and buried, and earn the respect of the dressing room
Keep Hernande, sign Kante and then a general clear out of the deadwood

ban chips

This.

That club is malfunctioning so bad that they need top managers only to scrape up to 6th, while spending gorrilions of pounds

call scholes

Spend all those fucking money on coach and scouts instead. Also stop pretending the likes of Fellaini Young Smallung Jones etc are good enough

>tank the first 5 games, losing 5+ nil
>live in style for the rest of my life from the severance package

Pay Marouane Fellaini's release clause instead of waiting until the transfer deadline when it had expired and paying $10 million more.

Start Marouane Fellaini at center mid every single game That guy is a fucking beast.

>
Rooney was easily Uniteds best player in 13/14

>Signs a player from the French 3rd division.

Moar crosses

Sign Thiago, Shaw and a decent CB to partner Vidic.

Play a front four of Kagawa, Rooney, Januzaj and Van Persie.

Pretty much this. Buy 5 future greats so when I'm fired about 3 games in I'm just considered a misunderstood genius who didn't get his chance.

Resign Pogba immediately (saving £80 million) and rename the club to Dabchester United.

>6 (six)

kek

i hire Moyes as my assistant and immediatly resign
this is the best timeline, i wouldn't spoil it for money or fame

>sign Kante
Nobody knew who Kante was until he joined Leicester in Autumn 2015 my chronologically challenged friend

Use my knowledge of the future to pretty much guarantee success.

My memory sucks but this seems reasonable

>Bayol

?

North London accent.

Pronounced "buy-all"
From white heart line.

sell all players for nothing, loan 22 players from league two for exhorbitant prices

get rid of Vidic, Ferdinand, Rooney, Giggs, Carrick instantly. that's the clique that refused to adapt, and got him sacked

De Gea
Valencia Smalling Jones Evra
Matic Mata
Nani Rooney Mertens
RVP

subs: Lindgard, Evans, Fellaini, Kagawa, Hernandez, Welbeck, Rafael

i'd sign nemanja matic from benfica, and dries mertens from napoli

Moyes had a huge problem in that Rooney was a bigger name than him.

What he should have done was made Fellaini the star and work towards bruising Rooney's ego a bit.

--------------------------- De Gea

----------- Jones ---- Smalling --- (Irish twat)
Valencia ----- Carrick ------ Herrera --------
Shaw
------------------------------ Fellaini
------------- Mata ----------------------- Rooney

The tactic was simple, use Fellaini as a ball winning false 9 with two registas behind, and two accomplished forwards in front. The back three would keep possession and wingbacks push up.

You'd also sign mata, since he left in jan after moyes was appointed

enforce a chips only diet, resulting in rio's best season yet

First off, don't sack the entire fucking coaching staff that has been through multiple title wins. Also try to assert dominance over Rooney (like what Mou is doing now).

Don't leak all my transfer business to the press like a mong. Buy young, promising players including a much needed midfielder (Thiago would be great, if only I had more pulling power than Bayern).

Revamp the scouting system. Get top talents from smaller clubs before others get to them, instead of buying those top talents many years later for ridiculous prices.

Nobody pronounces bale like that