ITT Most overrated artists/bands of all time:

ITT Most overrated artists/bands of all time:
>David Bowie
>Nirvana

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S0MzeMfcGxA
youtube.com/watch?v=F7jSp2xmmEE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How are they overrated? I think both Curt and David left their mark in the musical history. Not my personal preference of music, but I won't deny their impact.

1. Queen
2. Lynrd Skynrd
3. Every band after 1979 except the Pixes
4. The Pixies.
5. Bands that... aren't Zeppelin.

>I hate the bands you like

Drake

U2
The Who

David Bowie? You're an idiot.
Rush
2pac
That half dollar guy
Iggy Izalea (don't care to check spelling)
ICP
Any new age country artist.

Because of the basic white girls who think they know about music because they know nirvana is a band

NM(eme)H

i agree with all but queen and bowie queen i mean come on you can reel out hit after hit with them. before he died i wasn't really that into bowie i heard the hits and the big ones then after he died i listened to more of it and its brilliant also free bird is the greatest song ever

Pearl Jam

Lmao, left such an impact you cant even spell Kurt right!

This is the first time i've ever seen someone call ICP "overrated".

ImHO: nirvana and the beatles

>yes the beatles are influential, but so so overrated.

>Lmao
Might as well delete...

>Calls OP an idiot
>then says Rush

I might just be older, but I recall them having way too many fans for the subpar chicken shit they shoveled

Also idiot.

Sorry, what is the cool one now? "Kek"? Who gives a shit?

Abba and Kiss

Doesn't mean much coming from a rush fan.

Not OP but, Neil Peart is cool. Geddy Lee is fairly obnoxious.

Led Zeppelin

XD

ITT: people with bad taste argue over something completely subjective

I could shit on a plate, garnish it. and it would still have better taste than you

That is a shame, but it doesn't affect the quality of his music. Lifeson is a bro as well.

THE GODDAMN BEATLES.
Perhaps one of the worst bands ever with their fey limpdick carnival music. Rolls but never rocks. Couldnt muster a groove or riff if theirlives depended on it. Instead a lot of faggy songs with tubas and cartoon imagery. Shit shit shit shit

The Beatles. If John Lennon didn't get shot they wouldn't be as remembered as they are.

Hey man, it's just a friendly debate where anyone who doesn't agree with me can eat shit.

Again, said the Rush fan

>I can't think of anything witty so I'll just repeat the same thing

Shitty band

I thought everyone knew that? Good entertainers, mediocre musicians

Jesus, was that shit remark your idea of witty? Yikes... "Your taste is worse than the taste of poop on a plate!" Good job.

Adcd is lame as fuck

Oasis. They suck.

Bruce Springsteen.

>Rolls but never rocks
>what are Helter Skelter, I Want You (She's So Heavy), While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Just to name a very small few

>says the non rush fan

Lies and slander

Better taste? What kind of music does your shit like?

The shitty kind

/thread

Bowie was a genuine artist, and contributed a shitload to music as a whole.

Nirvana is definitely overrated, though. They were just a particular brand of whiny that didn't sound whiny.

>MUH SUBJECTIVE
Fuck you, you are the cancer that kills discussions. Get the fuck out.

Good one man, you are the king, I never should have crossed paths with you. I may never sleep again worrying you are out there somewhere being a god. How will I go on?

Do your shits talk to you? I think you need help man, shit shouldn't be sentient.

Regardless of whether you like their music (I don't) I think Nirvana deserve credit for their attitude.

For instance, check out this video of them deciding to tank their performance after they found out TotP used prerecorded music and only the vocals were live
youtube.com/watch?v=S0MzeMfcGxA

You can start by listening to Rush

Shit is more than just feces. It is a force of nature.

Oh geeze, that was sarcasm buddy. i didn't mean to mislead you, I though you would have realized that. I will use less words next time and indicate my tone.

Jesus, you're fucking dumb.

>5. Bands that... aren't Zeppelin.

all these threads ever really need. Sure, Zep is played til we're all sick of hearing it, but Jesus fucking jones if they didn't create the mold for being a rock band everyone has been trying to fit into ever since.

Says the Rush fan...

David Bowie stole Scott Walker's act and made it gay

You forgot the "and did it better".
Everyone knows Bowie, and no one cares about Scott Walker, for that reason.

Queen absolutely. Talented musically, just never made more than a few songs that weren't obnoxious.

>the beatles
Neck yourself. Unbelievably great band, most innovative and influential pop act of all time, like 25 10/10 songs.

A mold full of material they stole from other bands.
I like them, but they aren't as original as given credit for.

Everyone other than Radiohead.

I like how it looks like the photographer is cowering before him in the reflection

people remember Bowie more because he was a massive flamboyant faggot
Walker had the real talent but he was too normal for the music he created

stones, beatles, Mozart, bach

>says the non rush fan

Neil young and Bob Dylan. They could be the same guy for all I care they SUCK!
Boring, vanilla music, don't wanna insult folk music by calling them folk.

>says the closeted Rush fan in denial

>3. Every band after 1979 except the Pixies
>4. The Pixies.

lol
I think Frank Black actually agrees with this.

Ok, you two, I'm your huckleberry.
Let us all hear some of Walkers best music, and some of Bowies best music, and we'll compare.

Scott Walkers Nite Flite was covered by Bowie
I shall listen to each version

Yep, that ADCD band is fucked....lol

Agreed.

I've never seen this before (was a '97 baby who grew up on Nirvana records), but it's my new favorite video

Yeah, I have a shitload of versions of the originals of the songs they interpreted by other artists too. Big whoop. The way blues is always performed, as a mix of covers and interpretations so loose they're not covers, and references and nods and full-on medleys. Listen to any band in the 60s blues explosion, they're all doing that, and listen to blues bands since up til today, and they're still doing it. That's the way it has always worked, and still does.

When you do something, you either do it first, or you do it best. Zep didn't invent 12 bar blues or R&B, or lyrics to the parts of songs Plant referenced, but there's more to a fucking band than ensuring 100% of your lyrics are your own (bc we need more lemon squeezing) instead of 80%. I mean how fucking myopic can you get. What they did do, which is why people listen to them, is performed R&B, Rock & Roll, the best, invented ways of recording it that made it sound the best, and perfected the fucking art of being an excessive rock band doing it.

What they did do, is do such a fucking spectacular job of punching up their favorite Rhythm & Blues tunes that had potential no one else was hearing in such a way it's still incredible to listen to half a century later. You could try to do a better job of being a 4 piece rock band, but you'd be hard pressed, because there're now 4 solid decades of people trying and at best just imitating every movement and antic, as a strict formula.

I don't even listen to rock music, I listen to blues, so I really dgaf that much, but I am sick to the fucking teeth of hearing people get excited about this or that artist "stealing" this or that phrase or lyric. It's all influences and everyone throws them in, all the time, always have. The age of discovery ended decades ago.

who is that, some kid they pulled out of the crowd?

Bieber and his autotune for one, Cyrus, papa dub-ass and skank slut bag.

I'm a die hard nirvana fan but David Bowie? He's next level shit man

kek at this limp dick lineup. You think 'Gently Weeps' is a rock song? The Beatles rocked about as much as N Sync. Awkward and weak sissy music with no spine. Same thing besides.

>bowie
alright guy

You know who else did Night Flight... I hesitate to say it bc the Zep guy's gonna spaz

Jesus Jones were perhaps one of the all time greatest bands. "Right here Right now" is the greatest fucking soong of all time

#jesus, are you always that defensive?
The problem is it went way beyond the norm inti straight up theft with no credit. They literally stole the guitar line that they used in their most famous song.

That was a pretty god damn great song.

I too wore my long sleeve tees and cycling caps and jumped on couches to it.

Genuine dick loving faggot confirmed. You can tell by the appreciation of gay circus music that sounds like it were made by castrated british accountants on weak acid, aka The Beatles

>the guitar line

No, dillhole, it's not the "guitar line", it's the opening riff, which is somewhat similar in part of its progression to another bands song that opened for them. Spirit didn't invent finger style, didn't invent cascading riffs either, and you don't know what you're talking about.

Blowing that shit waayyyy out of proportion.

Flip yo cap up son. Wear that funky bike hat with pride. We right here, my nigga, and its right now.

You haven't seen his junk until you watch that shit remastered in 4k

Its not a riff either, dumbfuck. A riff is a rhytmic grouping of chords, usually power chords. The measure to which you refer would be a 'figure' or 'signature'. Zeppelin suck and were shit tier nigger rip offs.

>Blatantly sounds the same
>b-b-b-but they didn't invent a specific technique so it's not copied
I don't think you can hear yourself over your pretension

youtube.com/watch?v=F7jSp2xmmEE

???

I have to make do with 1080 sadly. stupid PS Pros not supporting 4K blu-rays

Zep are just pure normie bullshit. Its designed for the bland lifeless chads of all generations. Like vanilla pudding.

>Lynard Skynard

Fuck off

>Circle-jerk thread
Fixed that for you.

besides their image their first album was pretty good

Get a functional ear, you crybaby comebag. Zeppelin ripped off Spirit blatantly. They were pretend rock stars and copied litte bits from actual rocks stars(Page drank fake Jack Daniels on stage to look like Keith Richards). They blow gorilla cocks.

His early stuff is fantastic.

Led Zeppelin.
Kiss.
AC/DC
That guy who rode darth Vader

Lil peep

Fuck that, you stupid bitch trash. Tunnel of Love was peak fucking Bruce Bruce, and anyone who says different was molested by their father and fucking loved every slippery minute of it, aka You