Does anyone else think that J.K. Rowling fucked up the romantic pairings in the Harry Potter series (Harry x Ginny...

Does anyone else think that J.K. Rowling fucked up the romantic pairings in the Harry Potter series (Harry x Ginny, and Ron x Hermione)? I think it would have been better reversed (Harry x Hermione).

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2014/02/02/showbiz/rowling-hermione-ron-revelation/index.html
lmgtfy.com/?q=percentage of population with internet access
youtube.com/watch?v=eKbeC41F2Uk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes.

what are you? 10?

Everyone thinks that, dude.

Still fucking pissed Neville and Luna did not end up together

nah man he liked Ginny since book 5 just didn't know his feelings and Ron always kinda liked Hermione since book 1 when he was a kid and making fun of a girl he fancied

So the main character gets the girl? Revolutionary.

I'm pretty sure she admitted it herself. IIRC she said she regretted not doing that. It seems to me that in general each book in the series is half as good as the last one. By the end she knew she could've wiped her ass with the manuscript and made a million, so you should've seen it coming.

same... i even thought harry and luna would be a cool pair over ginny

>still thinking she wrote anything after book two

the only reason she didn't do Harry x Hermione is because she wanted to be have le different and
>U N I Q U E
story where the main girl and guy don't get together.

fucking lame as hell.

Shoulda been harry Hermoine.. Ron and Luna.

even JK rowling came out and admitted that harry and hermione would have made a better endgame, though she also says that hermione should have been the main character all along.

What I respect about harry potter however is that the romance was never anything of importance to the story. Romance and relations exist as they do in real life, but they are not the driving forces, and climaxes are not met with people finding love and coming together. if that was the case harry and hermione would have gotten together over the intensity of their camping life together and dark moments at the end of book one and book 3. instead the romance, specifically the teen romance, developed realistically with it being mostly silly crushes and bad moves on both sides.

Harry potter wasn't about those trivial moments, but rather about the big ones: the deaths. Death is what the entire series has been about, more specifically how to deal with death. Dumbledores death in book 6 was necessary to bring the story back to this as it had strayed away from Harry's attempts to understand his parents and whether or not they could love each other after their deaths.

i really need to re-read.

I think she even said that once.
But who cares? Harry Potter's greatest strength is that he is a victim.
Which is why it subconsciously shifted the overton window to the left for a generation. When the movies are inevitably redone they will all be fucking niggers and paki's and the transformation will be complete.

I think Ron should have ended up with Ginny, on another note you're a fucking faggot and harry potter is for children you literal manchild

It would've been a better story if both Harry and Ron shared Hermoine

i was more mad they didnt become main characters. the end of book five seemed to set up that they were now part of the main crew, and they were kinda around ab it in book 6 and 7 but not in the way they were in book 5.

Reversed? So... Ron X Ginny. What are you, inbred?

Well of course Rowling thinks her self insert should have bin the main character

> MFW that's exactly what happened with Cursed Child

> also MFW nigger Hermione

I agree 5 and 6 were mostly useless and just advanced the plot save for a few key moments, but book 7 really brought it back to its roots while also managing to be a climactic finale.

I know right? They would have been good together.

I don't doubt there's plenty of fan fiction about that.

I never read any of that shit or saw the movies.
Wizards and magic do nothing for me.

Yeah Ron fucks his sister and Harry gets buggered by Dumbledor. I can buy that.

>I think Ron should have ended up with Ginny
But aren't they brother and sister?!

Are you saying ron should have ended up with ginny? I like where this is going

yes

Hell Neville should have always bin a more prominent character rather then being a walking punchline for the first 4 books

Bruh Harry was supposed to fuck that Chinese bimbo Ching Chong Cho or whatever.

THAT's the one I would have bought.

Fuck off potterheads, just die! You’re all fag loving white “magic” sucking machines.

Totally. Lost a lot of interest when that all went to shit. Was even hoping for a harry and Luna but that's the ravings of a mad man.

Yes

More like a bumbling near squib dipshit punching bag. Disappointing.

i didn't really like it when it first came out either. thought it was over hyped and it looked stupid. but when I got a little older I took an interest in thematic and subtle story telling and harry potter kept coming up a lot along side buffy the vampire slayer, so I gave it a try.

its pretty brilliant stuff beyond the wizardry.

>Which is why it subconsciously shifted the overton window to the left for a generation.
wat

Cho was literally a walking plot device she had no character

i liked the theory that he was the real chosen one and dumbledore was just using harry potter as a decoy. that kind of ending could have been brilliant.

>my imaginary character is better than yours

>not knowing what an overton window is

kys your self

Dude i felt the same... it seemed like harry was the only one who really got luna when everybody else just thought she was crazy

>kys your self
Opinion invalid due to newfag status

yes

Too bad potter wasn't a submissive cuck and let himself get stabbed because of 'muh invisibility'. Fuck off nerd

When I was younger I always like fantasizing about a secret high-tech "muggle" organization that developed anti-magic fields that were spying on the wizarding world. Then at the finale they roll out with mechs and battlesuits and just faceroll both voldemort and whoever else resisted. Am I alone in this fantasy?

and ron x ginny

>wizards and magic do nothing for me
Yeah, we can tell.

Sort of want to watch all of these now but don't have like 16 hours to spare

>watch
the movies are trash
read the book or listen to stephen fry narrate it if you're a dank ass motherfucker.

*books

Stop writing ‘bin’.

>>not knowing what an overton window is
Oh, I know what an overton window is. What confuses is the claim that Harry Potter shifted it.

Make me faggot

You're right, Harry/Hermione and Ron/Ginny would've been better

>not realizing that entertainment and media influence entire generations then

there

Harry should have ended up with Hagrid.

kek

I don't get why you're all arguing about this Britbong bullshit. Nobody stays together forever anymore anyway. People are as disposable as this thread to one another.

id need to see some fan art before i could agree.

Kinda forgot audiobooks were a thing, might pick them up, only problem is the audios are probably longer than the movies lol

IVE BECOME SO NUMB

Neville saved the fucking world, he deserved that ditzy moon girl

yeah it is but it's worth and you can just put it on in the background while you do other things.

You aren't the only one who thinks that man. JK
Rowling herself came out and admitted that she thinks she made a mistake pairing ron and hermoine

cnn.com/2014/02/02/showbiz/rowling-hermione-ron-revelation/index.html

I read the first 4 books as a kid. I was not happy to find out in the movies hermoine ends up with ron because that wasn't where the first four books were going at all, and rowling even says that.

>overton window
Now that I think about it, S.P.E.W. is a pretty telling look into Rowling's immigration views.

>>a large section of humanity doesn't figuratively look at themselves as sheep.

not when you consider what SPEW means in the context of the full story as opposed to what the one character who supports it says.

They did

Why not just kill yourself if that's the case you fucking edgelord
Better yet live stream it at least then your life might serve the purpose of entertaining us you miserable cunt

A large portion of humanity has access to dictionaries that are big enough to include multiple definitions for a single word.

Good idea cheers man

>when you're so aggressive towards the edgelord that you too become an edgelord

No they did not Luna ended with the grandson of Newt Scamander and Neville with some nobody

shut the fuck up and go back to you cell prison mike.

That's what she said.

If you think that's the deal breaker here of all places you're new or not paying attention.

if even 1/10 of them actually have, then Ill go piss 8 feet straight up without getting wet.

>the Harry Potter series, series of children's books masquerading as "young adult" novels only because of their length, is the favorite work of the fantasy genre in the past decades, and is read primarily by fully grown people

are you a grill?

lmgtfy.com/?q=percentage of population with internet access

Document piss trick for posterity pls.

youtube.com/watch?v=eKbeC41F2Uk

Most people started reading these books when they were in elementary myself included

Well we're waiting I want to see an 8 ft high piss stream

How much do you pay a month for that rock you live under?

ACTUALLY HAVE, dipshit.
the fact you don't even realize the fact nearly everyone could but wouldn't iscompletely lost on you I guess.

>has access to

>>theres no difference between between being able to look something up online and having the curiosity to do so.
This small lapse of faith in humanity has flagged you as a redditor. You have to go back.

That wasn't what was in question and you know it.

Doublepenatralious!

hermione and ron had to end up together because they represent complementary elements in alchemy.

It isn't really difficult to be a better franchise than one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

What element does Hermione's pussy represent?

How dense are you?
It shouldent have to be a question at all. Nor would I have to fucking make it if you had any sense of nuance.

vanity

i think jk rowling fucked up all of harry potter
she should have stopped after the first 3 books

I like the way it turned out. I didn't like it at the time but looking back I think Ron and Hermoine are great together and Harry got the golden goose.

What does nuance mean again? Oh, wait. I'm just gonna go look it up on the internet. brb

;-)

But Luna is better then Ginny in every way

>>the majority of people do this all the time. especially when arguing on Sup Forums.