Now that the dust particles have settled down, what is the Sup Forums consensus of this album?

Now that the dust particles have settled down, what is the Sup Forums consensus of this album?

kill yourself

haven't heard lmao

People just hating on this but I still like Good Kid M.a.a.d city more

Not very good.

its shit

easily the worst kendrick

Not great
Side note: LUST. is the best track

TPaB > GKMC = DAMN > Trash > Dumpster Fire > Section.80

section80 > gkmc > tpab > damn > untitled unmatered

lol who cares it is pop music for teenage americans

Recommend something better then

>Who dat nigga thinkin' that he frontin' on man, man?
>Get the fuck off my stage, I'm the Sandman
>Get the fuck off my dick, that ain't right
>I make a play fuckin' up your whole life

It's nice easy-listening rap I guess, and the beats are sometimes pretty interesting with some very Pink Floyd-y guitars. But after the 2 almost perfect records that GKMC and TPAB were, albums that were able to cater to pretty much everybody in every song, this felt a lot more disjointed, with every song made for its audience, some clearly made for radioplay (LOVE, GOD, ELEMENT), some made for "dude bangers lmao" guys (DNA, HUMBLE), some for the critics (PRIDE, LUST). So in the end it has a lot of good songs, but as an album it's very lacking.

exactly, I was disappointed af, TPaB and untitled unmastered were goat kendrick. Still Damn is an enjoyable album.
Alos it got my friends into kendrick so yeah

Take the Coleman pill.

dumb nigger shit

I still can't comprehend how awful the artwork is.

well he is completely talentless

there's so many better albums, have one at random from my library

Well he's good at saying words very fast.

seven out of ten

Dude depressed, least best work but still good

It's really good but everyone's a contrarian because it didn't perfectly match their expectations

People just want bars like everyone he knows he can give. Might get some fan service next release. What happened to beats commerical song the never released?

It finally clicked. I now know that this is his most complete album. I will entertain a discussion as to whether or not TPAB is better but anyone who thinks GKMC is better is a certified pleb.

virtue signalling nation of islamist

Upon release, I was caught up in the hype and would have probably thought it was a 9/10 for the first month. Now I agree with this

gkmc > tpab > section80 >> untitled unmastered >>>>>> damn

Convince me that DAMN. is better than GKMC. You might be forgetting that Love, God, Loyalty, and Humble are the most watered down and surface level songs Kendrick has put out since Section 80.

>after 2 almost perfect records
Thats the thing, he couldnt have kept that run up for ever. I was let down by this album, but thats relative to his last two. Its just ok. In fact I dont think Ive listened to it since the week it came out.

What I dont get though is this album still got across the board glowing reviews despite being mediocre in comparison to his last ones. Hes god status now so i guess you cant have a negative opinion of him

>mfw I fucking love Coleman and Kendrick both
>mfw yesterday I danced around my apartment to tpab and then got stoned and listened to MFT in its entirety twice in a row

Its like I'm a fag or something well shit

Bump

this

It's really good
TPAB wasn't that great suck my fuck
GKMC > DAMN. > UU = TPAB > S80

It's Kendrick's weakest album but it's still decent album
Its weakest points was probably the reason for this (LOVE. and GOD.)
TPAB ≥ GKMC > Section 80 > UU > DAMN.

I like DAMN. too m8 but most of it is just discount versions of his previous songs
>DNA.
Discount The Blacker The Berry
>ELEMENT.
Discount You Ain't Gotta Lie
>FEEL. and FEAR.
Discount u
>HUMBLE.
Discount Backstreet Freestyle
>LUST.
Discount These Walls
>XXX.
Discount Hood Poltics

His best album

those lyrics saved my life and fed my starving children

Yeah its nice when he actually conjures up Rapper Kendrick.
When he's Fake Metaphors & Nonsensical Rhymes Kendrick, I tune out.