Why is this album so underrated?

Hahahaha they all look so fucking stupid

Not as underrated as this.

its sandwiched between their first two "great" studio efforts in the chronology.

Rude. They can't help that they're British.

Because Mr. Moonlight is fucking trash.

Yeah but I'll Follow The Sun and Every Little Thing are easily among the best early Beatle songs.

>contains the most covered song ever
>underrated

>an album consists of one (1) song

Cause it's 8 great originals mixed with 6 shitty covers

The covers are pretty great

This is my favorite album of theirs. I also like Sgt Pepper's even though it is SUPER overrated, but the music was so original you cant deny it, even the album cover was original and legendary.

They look like they've got hangovers on the cover.
They sound like they've got hangovers on the album.
My least favourite I'm afraid.

Revolver is their best album by far.

That's the point of the album. It's their only real concept album.

???
Sgt Peppers is usually credited as the first concept album ever

Le "Everything before Rubber Soul is bad" meme.

I know, and that's incorrect. First of all, Sinatra did concept albums in the 50s. Secondly, the concept on Sgt. Pepper's lasts exactly two songs, then a reprise. None of the rest of it has anything to do with the Lonely Hearts Club Band "concept".

The concept is that the entire album is being done by the fictitious band. That's why it deviates so much from their earlier work

not him, but this

But it sounds exactly like the next album by the band who did Revolver. It doesn't sound anything like the band of Edwardian amateur musicians who met up at a speed-dating event suggested by the lyrics. The concept is completely empty.

Being a shitty concept doesn't make it not a concept album

John and George are gorgeous tho

pleb filter

It's top 5 for me. First three songs among their best ever

No, not having a consistent concept makes it not a concept album. At the very least, it's a failed concept album. So call Beatles For Sale their only successful concept album if you prefer.

It's underrated because it's post-lovey dovey teen heartthrob Beatles, but pre-psychedelic Beatles.

They were stoned here.