Let's say I buy a plot of land and want to raise livestock in it (Cows, pigs, chickens, sheep, goats...

Let's say I buy a plot of land and want to raise livestock in it (Cows, pigs, chickens, sheep, goats, etc) and sell the livestock themselves, and thier eggs/milk... How much money can I expect to make?

you have to be more specific, alltho it is possible to live and make money as a farmer.

Pretty hard to say how much you will make tho.

Nigga this isnt stardew valley

None whatsoever

None you haven't even got a fence

youll probably end up paying more for the start-up/animals/feed/maintenance/farmhands than youll ever earn back. most profitable farms are already established brands that have been passed down generations. all others are just for self service (eggs, pork, and the like)

farm algae and make biofuel

Making a living as a farmer is very hard.I listen and read up on this stuff and from what ive gathered ALOT of farms are all subsidized to keep running.These are the big ones though.You would have to most likely go organic to differ from them but you would have to sell at a much higher amount.These days people will pay for organic...but not many.

Selling animals wise..no idea.Depends on how organic you go and the competition with bigger farms.Your location would matter also.For example.Duck eggs can sell for 16 a dozen in some areas.This is just what ive heard,but you would have to find that area that would pay that...and not many will.

In short,its tough..reaaalllll tough.Im all for it though.Free range animals are my thing.Me and my girl are looking for about 5-10 acres to raise some animals on.Prob a few ducks chickens,maybe a goats,rabbits etc etc. Enough to put us off having to buy store goods for sustenance and more for pleasure.

About $500-$1000 NZ a hectare per year providing you can grow 2kg of dry matter (grass) a day per hectare in a subtropical climate.

Have people forgot about this thing called cost and worth?

It will cost you close to what you can sell anything, if not more, to produce said thing and that's an undeniable rule of economics.

That guy who told you "you have to spend money to make money" wasnt just quoting some idiom, there is actual fucking science behind that statement.

The going rate for produce is about 3-4% varying by country.

After cost is taken into account, you have 3c-4c from every dollar. The rest is simple maths.

Produce is an economy of scale, not quality.

Step 1: Use half of that money to rent clothes shop in shopping center.
Step 2: spend 15k going to India and China visiting factories along the way and setting up deals
Step 3: spend last 25% purchasing cheap, unethical clothing
Step 5: sell it to unsuspecting idiots at 135% markup
Step 6: profit

It really depends on how many youre raising. I have 14 chickens and they dont really pay for themselves. But 30 in a secure area on a rotated pasture would work.
I suggest growing your own livestock feed. This would cut down significantly on cost.
The easiest thing on the homestead is livestock, so start with the crops first and secure the crops first. The only hard part about livestock is the fences and thats become easier with techbology. Get a electric net fence. You can move it around and keep animals rotated

Fun fact: In some areas (not sure if county, state, federal), you get land tax deductions for classifying as a farm.

I hear having alpacas for wool is good right now

Its not always about the profit. For me, being self sustained is my goal. So that maybe I wont need but 4c per carton of egg.

first you'll need to make sure you can have livestock on your land. you'll have to buy permits. many many many permits. if you have thousands of pigs/cows/sheep, you can make a lot. but you'll have to have a lot of men to work the animals. so overhead. with hundreds of animals, you can expect to break even. with any less you will go broke and be in massive debt.

You will make no money nigger. A corporation will come and offer you shit money contract to supply them with whatever you're farming. Then they'll bend you over whenever they want. You want to grow corn? Fuck you grow soybeans. You want to raise chickens? Fuck you we need turkey. The farm will never belong to you...unless it is a hobby.

Ok but your forgetting basic things like utilities, consumables (petrol), taxes (land etc), upkeep etc. These things are a regular cost and an ongoing cost.

At 4c from every dollar, you need to sell $1,000,000 worth of produce to make around 32K after taxes, again varying by country.

And that's if you do it all by yourself. Your going to need help, many hands, and they will expect to be paid.

Yes you can lower this cost by providing board, but let's say they at least want 20k per season (Not unreasonable). This requires you to sell many millions of dollars worth of produce, requiring more help, and then more money etc.

Like I said, economy of scale. It's not a sustainable lifestyle.

pigs and chicken make almost no money in most areas due to large scale factory farming being able to undercut you.

cows need quite a lot of space in outdoor plots and are very care intensive and you need constant medical checks as well as milking equipment while the milk nets almost zero profit .

sheep and goats need the largest space per animal of them all and only make sense if you own an entire valley or know lots of landowners that allow you to use their land as well.

if you want to make money on a plot of land grow plants . much less work and much more profit thanks to the organic / vegan fad . if you are skilled you can also grow medicinal plants , exotic herbs or simply sell seeds etc .

You forgot
>write "this is what a feminist looks like" on it

if its about self sustainability set up a large garden with a small chicken shed , a small pasture for a couple of pigs or goats and large raised beds maybe even a small orchard .

if you want to go all the way research self sustaining gardens throw in some rabbit pens and let some quail roam your garden they eat most pests and small weeds and dont eradicate every single living thing in their habitat like chickens do . also guano is one of the best natural fertilizers you can get.

Thats for comercial farming. Im talking about modern homesteading, which is growing all your own food and only selling your surplus. Most people do part time jobs to suplament it if they cant get it to pay itself.
Also, one person with the right land and crop can manage over 200 chickens on a sustainable system of compost and grass, so hiring hands isnt really a huge deal.

Thats what Im getting to. Trees expensive and i have to clear off more land.

With 10 hectares of land you can have 1600 free range hens laying 1000-14000 eggs a day. At 50 cents an egg you can be self employed.

with trees you need patience but the maintainance is almost zero and they will give you plenty of edibles for decades to come.

start them from seeds wich cost pretty much nothing for things like peaches apples and cherries or opt for small berry shrubs wich can also be used as natural fences and windbreaks .

you can also do sometrhing like this pic its super convenient for harvesting purposes

when it comes to clearing land you can use the animals to help you . goats will eat pretty much any shrub if you confine them .

>1000-14000
wat

>"you have to spend money to make money" wasnt just quoting some idiom, there is actual fucking science behind that statement.
Only if you count the time it takes to teach a savage to read and comprehend the local language, proxies for value, and reasons for those two as labor cost.