I'll make it nice and easy for you:

I'll make it nice and easy for you:

All that cool shit you like to do that uses a lot of data. Starting next January, you'll have to pay every time you want to do that.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/11/21/the-fcc-has-unveiled-its-plan-to-rollback-its-net-neutrality-rules/?utm_term=.7f8c78a948ee
youtu.be/keeBU0CxcXY.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajit_V._Pai
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_backbone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

...thanks?

Bullshit. I'll still do it, and at worst it'll just take longer.

Also, the change was that proposed regulation did not go into effect; not a repeal of regulations.

>Also, the change was that proposed regulation did not go into effect; not a repeal of regulations.

Trying to change the subject? This is nothing less than handing over a public space (medium) to private interests so that they can make more money than they already are.

No I won't because I'm European.

And you Americucks really should be using VPNs by now.

might not have to pay but it will still affect you

Well you motherfuckers voted Trump in. What the fuck did you expect? All this bullshit is happening because you pricks thought he was only gonna go after brown people.

If the big internet companies would benefit then why are they all in favor of net neutrality?

It won't.

All this shit does is allow American ISPs to throttle your connection or even decline it towards certain sites and services unless you pay extra.

Since Europeans don't use American ISPs it doesn't affect us at all.

ISPs would benefit. Big companies wouldn't benefit by having access to their sites controlled by ISPs.

The telecom companies benefit, not big internet companies. Internet companies will just pass on the additional costs to us, the consumer.

What a lying shill you are.
It's specifically a repeal that's being attempted here.
washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/11/21/the-fcc-has-unveiled-its-plan-to-rollback-its-net-neutrality-rules/?utm_term=.7f8c78a948ee

This is OP's point.

Couple points.
1. Seems to me this is the ideal time to start your own ISP. Everyone already hates the big names. Start one that remains net neutral. Your buisness will either take off or force the other guys to change.
2. I'm not a Trump fan, but isn't the guy at the FCC the same guy Obama appointed? And can you provide any proof that Hillary would've been any different. She's a giant corporate whore too.
3. American citizens have the ability to force the issue. If enough people simultaneously cancel their internet subscription companies would take notice. Imagine being a comcast exec when the company loses ten million accounts in one day.

youtu.be/keeBU0CxcXY. Evidence

>Imagine being a comcast exec when the company loses ten million accounts in one day.
It would be an impressive gesture were that to happen, but that will never happen.

Does no one remember when it was like this before? Or are you all too young?

Maybe not, but it doesn't prevent starting a net neutral ISP. All it would have to do is be net neutral and have mediocre service, you'd grow huge fast.

>the FCC the same guy Obama appointed?

How many people in this country are not aware that the current FCC head is one of the few appointments that Trump has actually made?

>How Trump got elected in the first place.

You mean paying X moneys for Y gigabytes of information superhighway at N speed per month?

>3. American citizens have the ability to force the issue. If enough people simultaneously cancel their internet subscription companies would take notice.

Hold on a second. Every single freedom and liberty that Americucks enjoy stems from their constitution. A lot of people fought for that and died for that.

Doesn't that same constitution allow Americucks to arm themselves so they could defend those freedoms with violence?

Don't you basically have a constitutional right to pick up a rifle and point it at the FCC cunts?

That escalated quickly

You mean like what Cable is right now? How is that good?

Two things:

1] No you dont

2] Urine idiot

Europe won't apply the same regulation.
I will take a guess: this might lower the silicon valley attractiveness. Since London is no longer viable because of the brexit it will reinforce german and french tech. Time to move to Munich or Paris.

You don't have a constitutional right to fight a corrupt system that is trying to take your freedoms away from you?

I thought that was the whole point of being allowed to bear arms.

>baud
>no data caps

>dial up
>no data caps

>isdn
>no data caps

>dsl
>no data caps

>cable
>irrational data caps

>fiber(google or city)
>irration data caps.

When exactly are you talking? Cause it wasnt like this in the 80-90's. Data caps is a millennial thing

Or you could just get an encrypted VPN. That way your ISP can't tell what the fuck you're accessing.

If you're an American, you really should be using VPN anyway.

No, it's in case an 18th-century unit of musketeers in red coats with with feathered hats invades their homes to search their papers and effects without a warrant.

That's when they can exercise their God given rights to bear arms.

No citizen in any nation ever has had the right to revolt. Has there ever been a legal revolution? The second amendment gives us the right to bear arms so revolution is possible, it doesn't give a right to revolt.
What does the first sentence say?

gofccyourself.com

This article is about the FCC Commissioner. For the cricketer, see Ajit Manohar Pai.

>implying this won't effect the way you connect to US sites, like Sup Forums, for example

US ISPs that host those site's server's will load slower than dialup for you, unless you're generous enough to pay their extra hosting costs (which, we all know you wouldn't even if you could afford it).

But when smaller sites get stuck behind paywalls and lose traffic from a majority of Americans they could have to reduce services or may even fold all together. This affects all markets.

>trump is directly responsible for everything

>Big companies wouldn't benefit
They can pay. Regular people can't.

I think it says you're wrong

Nice idea, but you'd never be allowed to use the infrastructure

everything, no. But you can't deny this specific issue is a direct consequence of his election.

causality does not equal direct action

It doesn't. Less traffic means less upkeep costs, less servers needed etc.

Read the Declaration of Independence.

I Shit Pies was added as a member of the commission during Obama administration
He was close, but not doing the fucking research close

>everything would be totally different if Hillary was in office

So don't. Find a VC who likes money and build your own. This company would be a sure thing for any smart investor.

This is exactly a direct result of his election to the presidency. Hillary stated unambiguously the internet should be a protected, open medium. She also wanted to bring broadband to every corner of the country, but good thing we Trumped that bitch just to fuck with the negros, caneljockeys, and beaners!

causality is enough to prove my point.
Stop fooling yourself.

You all wanted this.
All this shit, you want it.
You get up in the morning, open your windows and shout "Please give me all the shit you have".

You work shit jobs, get shit payment, semi-enjoy shit overpriced entertainment and then get offended when shit like this rolls around.
You don't make sense at all.

Anyways here goes me not giving a shit like always.
No internet? No problem. It's not like I ever needed it or something.

Can you prove that. Ajit Pai is an Obama holdover. This isn't a Trump original.

>No internet? No problem. It's not like I ever needed it or something.
You wont be able to make your blog post on Sup Forums if it passes
So you do care, quite alot

It's not like we can do something about it

You are delusional. Sorry.

This
Just do what that guy is doing in South Australia. He started a kickstarter/patreon to launch an ISP and it worked. He's the only one that gives unlimited data and people are flocking to him sick of the shitty customer service of the slow main ISPs.

>Hosts just move the site overseas
wow so hard

There seems to be a mini-trend with a few people in this thread re: the Constitution. Our Constitution doesn't "allow" us anything - it is an acknowledgment that we are born in to this world with certain inalienable rights and that these rights don't come from a piece of paper but from God (or Nature's Law for the Athiests out there).

For example, while amending the Constitution is possible, should a new amendment be passed that voided the Bill of Rights, that wouldn't actually take those rights away from the Citizens because they are innate.

shit you were right, my bad

lmao hillary would have at least appointed an FCC chairman consistent with obama policy
> impeach hillary

I fukken hate nazis now. Fuck Hitler!

whatever, no it isn't.
see

> being appointed to a position in the FCC is the same as being appointed FCC chairman
kek

This is so typical of capitalism, privatizing a public medium. As history has shown, people has not enough power to fight back and avoid it. This continent was sold long time ago to huge faceless companies that ended up being a lot more powerful that the people, whom ended up working for them.

Meh no I don't.
I have no social media and all I do is stream music or play csgo.

csgo sucks anyways and music is better live anyways.
This might just be the next best opportunity for you to get the fuck out of here.
But instead you defend it, your prison, and you all will end up begging for more. That's how it always is.

Trump literally appointed him to his current position. That seems like a pretty direct link to me.

Ajit Pai is a loyal cock sucker that sucks the cock of his master, however it is. He just implement what he is being told. Honestly you cannot blame him for something more than being a little bitch.
Imagine someone using a tool to do bad thing. You cannot blame the tool nor the previous owner of the tool. You blame the user.
Is it enough explanation or you need me to draw something so you can understand?

Why hasn't that fucker been decapitated yet? He reeks of corruption

this comment screams cuck

Stupid points

1. What about infrastructure? Gonna lay your own cable across the country? If you want to use other companies networks, this point is moot.

2. What has Hillary to do with this at all?? She ain't president. You can't know what she'd do or won't do.

3. Never gonna happen.

I don't have anything close to a girlfriend.
Nice try though.

Simple fix to that. go om a killing spree then claim in court you use to spend your free time on the internet to escape the dark thoughts that crop up in your head. works better if you target CEOs instead of the average joe.

Why is it acceptable if Hillary would do it?

No I'm not. You're just an unambitious coward. I hope they fuck up net neutrality. Give it 6 months and people will flock to a net neutral ISP.
what does the word incumbent mean?
That doesn't change the fact that he was an Obama appointee. This was probably gonna happen no matter who won. All you two party types still haven't seen the universal truth. Every major party politician in America is a corporate white whose masters are the guys with the most zeros.

I didn't vote for either prick. Because both of them would've done this. Telecom and ISPs gave millions to Clinton's campaign. This isn't about party. It's never been about party. It's about greedy, malevolent cunts who try to make themselves richer and more powerful at the expense of our livelihood.

The last armed rebellion the US saw was met with 10,000 military troops led by the President himself
That was in 1794
Now the only kind of "rebellion" US citizens can muster against their government overlords is a peaceable protest that doesn't hinder or harm any person or entity in any way shape or form.

>woman who silenced those who were tied up with good ol' Bill not a fan of censorship

>That was in 1794

You mean before social media. Imagine the shitstorm if gubment sent military against people fighting for net neutrality or some other shit like that.

1. Yes. If that is what it takes. If people want neutral internet they will buy it and support a start up. It isn't my fault you don't want to fight for it. You'd rather bitch about Trump and be the world's least ambitious keyboard warrior.
2. Thats my point. If you don't know what she would have done how do you know Trump is responsible? The FCC is full of Obama holdovers. How can you be certain this isn't them?
3. Because you think everyone is a small minded poof like you.

Ok so let me get this straight, you want to run cable to every residence in the U.S. to set up your own ISP, and that isn't unrealistic to you? REALITY called, you've lost the plot, guy.

This just proves how retarded America is. We knew this was gonna happen from day one. Trump clearly was gonna do this because he is a sell out, the word money instantly gets his little dick hard. I mean Hilary wasn't a good candidate but at least she wasn't gonna leave this country with crippling autism. But us Americans need to rise up and stop this shit and keep net neutrality, cancel your internet service, send letters to trump or FCC, make it clear that there will be a bad outcome if this goes through, he'll join Isis for all I care. But bitching and argueing on Sup Forums ain't gonna do shit.

>muh hillary boogeyman

>less servers needed
AFFECTS ALL MARKETS TOY DUMB FUCK

Not all at once. Do you think dominos pizza had thousands of stores right away? Did all of Verizon's infrastructure appear overnight? Did walmart have 1000s of stores the first year?

>Implying we're all going to be shoehorned into the paying for the normie net because some private companies want to milk land apes of their pocket money.

all i do on the internet is browse Sup Forums and youtube, honestly i can live without that if i have to

>Proposed legislation goes back several years
>HURR DURRR BURMBPF DOO SGOOBS

CANT
M
E
M
E

>wanting (((them))) to have control of the free media and internet

I'd rather have the smart and industrious entrepreneurs have freedom to innovate tomorrow's internet than Soros/Clinton types destroying it for political gain.

You done been sold out stupid burgers.

>Obama appointed
He appointed Tim Wheeler, you fucking twit. Trump literally announced he appointed the poo, and he knows well and good that he was politically going for the same goal, just objectively different reasons
>drumpf hates anything Obama ever did and is trying to remove all his legislation bc greed driven reasons
>poo wants cable companies to make more money to pay off the lobbying for the viscous cycle to repeat.

wake up, sheeple

No, revolution is couterproductive to building civilization

We don't need to enable more communist faggots

I would stay inside and hide. No way I’m getting shot or mowed down by a tank for the fucking internet

Now you're getting it, get back to us in about 40 years, let us know how it goes, dummy.

What does the word incumbent mean? You are wrong. He is an Obama holdover.

Your first point is quite interesting. Why has no-one set up their own isp before now?

I'm guessing you need a government licence to start one up and they only dish them out to big corporations, due to their love of sucking corporate cock?

So nothing hard is ever worth trying. You must be a millennial.

Nah, you can google that one. Largely it's cost prohibitive since the market is already taken by big dogs already.

Likely, your ISP pays for it's access from a larger Tier 1 network which has the infrastructure to cover global connections. In the midwest there are some small ISP startups, but they usually buy network time off of another large provider. Don't forget you need to buy servers, people to maintain those servers, and a way to dig lines/set up cell towers to distribute your network. If you chose to dig up for lines, you're basically a construction company that sells internet.

I'll admit to not having done the research. But if people want neutral internet then the first company that offers to provide it will get the buisness.

I'll put it in a language all of you idiots can understand.
>pic related

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_backbone

Government intervention wants to make the internet a public utility which is a gross invasion of these companies rights and would probably regulate out the ass to stifle any sort of innovation in the market or could be prone to lobbying by larger companies.

We need to end """"""net neutrality"""""" if we want to keep the already corrupt and greedy government out of the ISP market.

>He's too poor to afford loot boxes

If it'll keep reddit trash like you out of my Sup Forums I'm all for it.

No, dumbass. Again, you are delusional if you think you would stand a chance, infrastructure is COST PROHIBITIVE. You would not be able to provide adequate quality of service to enough customers to even come close to paying your bills. You have proved your lack of even basic knowledge about this stuff several times over, retard, are you sure YOU aren't the millenial?
. Goodbye, we are done here.

sorry im from other country

Americans have free internet before this net neutrality thing?

I think a lot of ISPs in hte Uk are using existing BT infrastructure.

Although I'm not a massive expert on this type of shit.