troll troll troll

fuckit bandwagon on troll so something happens

guess there's not enough people tonight

nobody ever picks human I wonder why

forgot to say, forest

Troll 2
Forest 1

OP can't bump btw so keep thread bumped if you wanna play

Guess I'm going to sleep instead of feeding my worldbuilding autism.

Forest Roll

Bumping for OP

Troll 2

Forest 2

let's get this going, troll forest

Demon

Vamp, forest

You're the leader of a settlement of about 400 trolls living deeply inside a forest. Your tribe survive by hunting plentiful game in the forest. There's plenty of wood for construction.

Name leader.

What do you want to do next?
> Explore (N, S, E, W)
> Build (farms, houses, roads)
> Resarch (pottery, religion)
> Train (spearmen)
> Other (specify)

Gurthuk
explore n

am I the only player then?

apparently

Gurthuk sends a group of trolls to explore north. They find a human village on the outskirts of the forest neart a river. From the amount of buildings you can tell there's something betwenn 400 and 500 humans living there.

Your explorers have this idea about creating rigorous physical representations of the exploration we make.

> Explore (N, S, E, W)
> Resarch (pottery, religion, map making)
> Train (spearmen)
> Other (specify)

train spearmen
rush for conquest early before the vermin breed, also humies make for good stew

sorry OP, I'mma bail, just realized it's 3 am over here and it's just the two of us it seems

ROLL

explore S

damn guess I'll go to sleep too then sleep tight friend

We decide to rush the humans confident that our natural strenght is enough to overcome them.

Unfortuntelly for us they have a trained army of 20 soldier armed with swords who cleave through our unarmed trolls like butter.
Hundreds of trolls die before we can overcome their soldiers, and then we face the enrage townsfolk that attacks us with torches and pitchforks. Gurthuk is wounded in the face with a torch and get a permanent scar from it.

We kill about a hundred humans before we're forced to flee for our lives, our population reduced to around 120 trolls

We stole the swords from the slain human soldiers and we could train trolls to use them.

> Explore (N, S, E, W)
> Train (spearmen, swordsmen)
> Attack (human village)
> Diplomacy (human village)
> Other (specify)

man i clicked on this thread thinking it was a roll for your race type of deal
not this pseudo dnd bs

...still rolling for race tho

No I want to play! Is it possible to switch races? And train sowrdsmen

We decide to train our trolls on using the stolen weapons.

+20 swordsmen

We send our swordsmen to explore south. We find a small tribe of elves of about 60 elves. They receive us surprisingly warmly. They say they are at war with a tribe of dwarves further south and would like to ally with us to fight them. They say the dwarvish tribe consists of about 600 dwarves and the elves have survived thus far due to their superior markmanship and use of guerrilla tactics in the forest.
What do we do about the elves?
> Accept their alliance offer
> Deny their alliance offer
> Attack them
> Other (specify)

> Explore (N, S, E, W)
> Train (spearmen)
> Attack (human village)
> Diplomacy (human village, elves)
> Other (specify)

Offer to integrate them within our village and pool our resources, as well as make their village seem abandoned so that when the dwarfs come and see trolls they will think we eradicated them, ensuring they give up on the elves. We will then do a NAP with the dwarves until such time we are strong enough to beat them.

Research pottery

build houses

New guy here. Seconding this.

We offer the elves to integrate with our village and pool resources. They are reluctant at first but when we explain our elaborate plan to leave their abandoned village for the dwarves to see and think the elves were erradicated they see that we are really good strategists. They confess they were hoping to use us as disposable muscle but since we're willing to fully integrate and we're both in a dire situation they agree to join us.

+60 elves
+20 longbowmen

We start building houses in our settlement, for ourselves and our guest elves.

> Explore (N, S, E, W)
> Train (spearmen, longbowmen)
> Attack (human village)
> Other (specify)

research pottery

build farms

What tech/resources do we get from the elves?

Build farms

We decide to clear sections of the forest and start farms

We decide to research pottery. Now we can build a granary to store our produce. We can also research writing.

The elves know how to make traps and could help us to trap the perimeter around our village. Like us they make a living from hunting. They know how to craft longbows. They prefer to interact amongst themselves and pretty much established a small elvish ghetto in our small village. They use coins as a mechanism of exchange. They inform us there's an abandoned copper mine west of our village that we could use.

> Explore (N, S, E, W)
> Build (farms, houses, roads, granary)
> Resarch (religion, map making, writing)
> Train (spearmen, longbowmen, miners)
> Attack (human village)
> Other (specify)

go mine in the mines in the west,
research map making

train miners

trap the perimeter!

Research map making.

Have them send us their representative so that he can be present when decisions are made and provide advice, and help in the making of decisions. Have them share us their maps as well

research writing and have cross-cultural exchanges

how the fuck are dwarves "average" for technology? they're god-tier craftsmen

We decide to train miners to go mine in the copper mines west. We find a vein of copper and start digging. We can now build a smith in town.

The elves teach us how to use currency. We could build a market.

We start researching map making. We're working on making a tentative map of our region. We also start researching writing. We could build a library as a place of study and to preserve our lore.

We decide to build traps around our village. We dig many holes, place pointy sticks on the bottom and cover them with foiliage

> Explore (N, S, E, W)
> Build (farms, houses, roads, granary, market, library)
> Resarch (religion)
> Attack (human village)
> Other (specify)

Is this happening @rep (like I want to know what they are thinking and if there's anything they want)

build granary

This first, for self defense or food if prey we can eat wander into them.

build library

buidl road to the mines

Improve our village with a wooden wall so we can force any attackers into choke points near the gates lest they fall into traps outside the walls.

Train spearmen.

Research fortification.

Learn to make longbows for trolls that are basically ballistae with elven help

Yo our race is Better in meele we should research armor and how to make walls

yes but dwarves suck at ranged, and can you imagine destroying their walls with our ballistae?

We decide to build a library to preserve our lore. We develop a writing system and record things in clay tablets. We could research a number system to go with it too.

We decide to build roads to the mines. Now it is easier to carry the copper to our village. We could also try cutting stone from our mines for better buildings.

We decide to build a palisade around our village to force attacker into choke points.

We try to teach the trolls how to use longbows but they simply aren't suitable weapons for us. Perhaps they could learn how to use slings if we really want long range combat.

> Explore (N, S, E, W)
> Build (farms, houses, roads, granary, market)
> Resarch (religion, mathematics, masonry)
> Attack (human village)
> Other (specify)

research mathematics! And yeah the idea was to make ballistae.. Is that not possible? Else teach them to use slings

build granary.. why are you ignoring for the rep??

Math seconded, allows things like better aiming, building complex tools/weapons like ...Ballistae and catapults.

We decide to start researching mathematics. Someone comes up with the idea of building a very tall stack of rocks alligned with the cardinal points. We could also build machines to throw stones really far.

We decide to build a granary to store our produce.

We decide to try our hand at building ballistae. With the help of the elves we craft an oversized bow that can only be pulled by the might of trolls and mount them into a base. We could make more of those.

+1 ballistae

> Explore (N, S, E, W)
> Build (farms, houses, roads, granary, market, pyramid)
> Resarch (religion, masonry)
> Train (spearmen, longbowmen, ballistae, catapult)
> Attack (human village)
> Other (specify)

Love me some imaginary research.

Research Masonry, get stones from mine so we can make buildings not so likely to burn down and towers strong enough to mount things like those big Ballistae from so we can shoot death on anyone that tries us.

bamp

Figures I find the first worthwhile civ thread in months and it dies within minutes of my joining...

Am I responsible??

Guess OP is kill