Your thoughts on gravity

Your thoughts on gravity.

A lie like the rest of the atheist agenda.

It's just a theory.

Just our current theory about why and how objects move through spacetime

TBH I don't know too much about it.
What thoughts could I have about gravity?

fake news

Well is it emergent or is it a force with quanta (graviton)? Why is it so dificult to unify gravity with quantum physics...

It keeps me grounded.

>Why is it so dificult to
Because most of us waste our lives doing dumb useless shit when we could be trying to solve the universe's mysteries. I don't except myself, I enjoy learning but too lazy to get a PhD.

Not gonna pretend I know anything about gravity. Care to enlighten me?
I'm say gravity is a "quanta" force?
What does that mean exactly?

i am reluctantly coming around to the idea that it's part of the metric frame of the universe, like time, and it's not mediated by particles. fuck. which means we probably can't create a field to negate it.

The force can only occur at discrete levels. We usually imagine things as continuous scales, but at the smallest spaces, things can only occur at every quantum level.

spend a lot of time observing shit at Planck distances, do you? tell us more.

>observing shit at Planck distances
Not really possible, but quamtum energy levels of the hydrogen atom are pretty simple to see this phenomena

Yeah it would surprise me if they ever manage to isolate a graviton. I have a suspicion that black matter may be a phantom as well. I tend to believe there are regions of space were a lack of entanglement create a temporal distortion of sorts from wich gravitational forces emerge. It's a intuitive suspicion without much evidence but it seems like a more plausible explenation then wimps or other exotic particles. Then again, they found the higs so...

i'm down with it

I don't think we are ever going to come up with a complete theory of gravity soon. My prediction is aliens will contact us and just tell us before we figure it out.

>I have a suspicion that black matter may be a phantom as well.

why isn't black matter just dismissed as a fuckton of black holes?

I think its hard to "unify" because Einstein's theory is purely geometric and it turned out to be correct on all accounts without taking into account quantum mechanics at all. I would guess that the reason it can't be "unified" with QM is because QM as a model is at best incomplete and at worst wrong.

Tell me more about this "unifying".
Can I too become one with gravity?
You have to forgive me, I am still very confused

It'd be really fucking annoying trying to go anywhere without it

QM have produced some of the most accurate predictions in science so I really don't think that it needs a lot of corrections. But there are likely more fundamental things yet to be discovered that will fill the gaps (string theory?).

Well basically in physics things are always reduced to the fundametal principles. So different forces and particles are unified by an underlying, more fundamental theory. The standard model ( see image describes all the forces and known particles but gravity can't be explained by this model. So one of the biggest mysteries in science is why this is so.

Just because it makes correct predictions doesn't mean it is the true description of reality. Newtonian gravity was able to make countless correct predictions but today we accept GR as our best theory for gravity. I think that in the same was that Newtonian gravity is a special case of GR, QM is a special case of the "true" physics.

For some reason. Scientists decided there are 4 fundamental forces. Electromagnetism, Strong nuclear weak nuclear, and gravity. It turns out you can explain the first 3 with one umbrella theory called the Standard Model. The problem is the Standard model does not include gravity at all and no one has figured out how to describe gravity in the same terms as the other forces (i.e. a force is mediated by a field with quantum excitations [particles])

I don't know about you guys, but it keeps me grounded.

I fully agree but on the scale of quanta it works very well so I don't think it will be abolished any time soon. But there certainly are more fundamental physics to be discovered at the planck scale. String theory is the obvious candidate here but it remains to be seen if we will be able to experimantally probe these scales at all.

If you take snapshots of time. Without realizing time had passed between each snapshot it is as though you are travelling forward in time.
Soo if I take a ton of adderall, and I finish it in half the time it would normally take me, I am slowing down time?

IMO strings aren't going to "work." They'll go the way of knot theory in the end.

Yes, QFT won't be abolished simply because it works well in our approximate flat space-time region. I think we'll need to apply some new mathematics to get a model that incorporated gravity and QM, but I think there is no one alive that is smart enough to actually do this. The math needed probably hasn't been invented/discovered yet.

I see. Maybe a type of math only understood by few?
This really hurt my Brain, I didn't deserve that.

Isn't it weird how we're all being manipulated by an invisible force?

How many people really understand string theory for example? Whenever the guy figures it out, he'll probably spend the rest of his life trying to get other physicists to understand it.

When Einstein came out with GR, the average physicist knew nothing about differential geometry. Even Einstein was just learning it on the fly while working on his theory. I heard this story that is was actually Hilbert that made GR possible because he was able to easily figure out what the action for GR should be when Einstein was struggling with it.

no

I don't believe in gravitons.
I believe in curve in space-time, which I've heard described in some really neat ways and I think I have a pretty complete grasp on. It's not a 'force', or a 'particle', but actually an aspect of space that pushes us in a certain way as we are pushed in time. The only way for it to look like we're staying 'still' is to push back.

The things I was given as an analogy is straight lines on curved surfaces. I'll dig up the yt vid if you'd like ;p.

I would like to see the video. Is there an infrared version avlible?