ITT: Band members that are simply along for the ride

ITT: Band members that are simply along for the ride

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sw0-ZujOm_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

best gig of all time in music forever

To be fair, Larry's awful too

holy shit i didn't realize what a fucking big picture that is
and yes i am aware parts like with or without you actually take intense focus to pick as smooth as he had it on the record but that buttery picking is the only thing he has going for him in an obscenely huge band
i disagree. aside from being a metronome almost on the level of a moe tucker he creatively compensates for his admittedly garbage foot with a sound i find really appealing. i mean yeah he's not as good as U2's success justifies but if he was in some post punk band at the same time he would be mildly well regarded with the cool kids.

The Beatles could have been a trio and as great as they were in our timeline, the only reason Ringo joined was because Paul had already lost protagonism by becoming the bassist, and he surely wouldn't lose more by becoming the drummer

if that's true then his ego was right, paul truly would have been fucking wasted behind a kit and to use a cliche ringo really was the perfect drummer for their songs.

Ringo's a master drummer you fucking retard. Stick to death metal or whatever it is you morons fap to

if you think Ed doesn't contribute you don't know all that much about music and production.

i'm generally an advocate of him but calling him a master drummer is equally as obnoxious as writing off what he did.

The drumming in U2 is the best bit, you fools

This reminds me of a friend I had in high school who used to make jokes about how Clayton must be a terrible bass player because "the only U2 song where you can actually hear the bass is New Years Day." I never knew what he was talking about until we both realized he had only heard U2 through incredibly shitty Limewire copies (yes, I'm kind of old) that didn't have audible bass. He also had no idea The Killing Moon had a bridge.

>but calling him a master drummer is equally as obnoxious as writing off what he did.
Ringo could swing like Fred Below and rock like Keith Moon though, I'd put him on the top 10

>has only heard 10 drummers

>moe tucker
Lmao

in terms of just keeping time she was elder god tier which is what i was talking about

Reminder that Elvin Jones endorsed the beatles

>*shoots up heroin while waiting for ethan to finish the beats so I can wail over them in a smack-addled stupor*

>used to do molly sometimes and wave around some booze on stage
whoa
and while she's certainly no musician ethan would be nothing without her whereas in theory she could have been the front for any decent producer. ethan might have been able to switch her out for a clone after already making it but that clone is a clone for a reason and didn't come from nothing

No she wasn't jesus christ

how did this faggot get the rights to all those songs?

Actually the only reason Ringo joined was because Pete Best was too good looking and they wanted to replace him with someone uglier than the rest of them.

?
listen to a velvet underground song and count, don't know what else to say

youtube.com/watch?v=Sw0-ZujOm_U

Colin and Phil are fantastic on King of Limbs, though. Hell, Phil is fantastic in general, he does what he does without stealing the spotlight.

>drown yourself
>the band you founded continues without you and records the most critically acclaimed run of albums in rock history

bad drummer, good singer

Not him but it just so happens that I've previously noticed she has trouble keeping time on at least one track on TVU&N, Heroin. Now when I heard it, I thought hey well they're young and this is a debut record, and it doesn't take away from the song, no big deal. BUT don't try and call her some kind of time-keeping master because that she is not.

Shit drummer, even shittier singer

POINT AND LAUGH

Ringo was half the studio genius. While the others were stoned out of their goards, Ringo would sit with Martin and produce and discuss the work. Ringo was the glue

Joe Walsh, but not in a bad way

>this is a thing that actually exists

This. Got to love the Ed. All of them are bringing something to the table. That's why they are still going strong.

Fuck you Ringo's great and he for the job done better than anyone else could.

His drumming is what elevates their best tracks from great to godlike. Rain, She Said She Said, Strawberry Fields Forever, etc. You simply cannot remove any of the four Beatles and have the same outcome, they are all so crucial.

the people in coldplay who are not chris martin