Hey there, Sup Forums. Last month I was diagnosed with depression and put on Wellbutrin...

Hey there, Sup Forums. Last month I was diagnosed with depression and put on Wellbutrin. While most days I feel noticeably better and happier, some days I feel terribly and almost suicidal. What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J-p_0FDlpkw
youtube.com/watch?v=G313g2FNyMg
youtube.com/watch?v=rrkrvAUbU9Y&list=PLpbKWzQiUcQuYWgN2Ot-6Asaf2Ld6sfSA
youtube.com/watch?v=7sxpKhIbr0E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop taking drugs to mend your symptoms instead of mending the actual cause(s) of depression. Introspection is the only thing that will actually help you.

I’ve been doing that as well. Thinking more positively, sleeping earlier, exercising, and eating healtheir.

That's good and all, but why exactly are you depressed?

Through thorough analysis it's been found that introspection does not actually give anything other than a self-induced placebo.

You do not get information about yourself you beforehand did not know. Because that stuff is behind a closed door that will not leak information, only action.

But aside from that tangent,

Since it's feelings were dealing with, pills are fine for fixing them because they were only caused by a lack of the chemicals pills give activate within you to begin with.

>give activate
I meant to just say "activate". "Give" was from an earlier draft.

What terrible advice. Might as well tell an asthmatic to think his lungs to breath.

Some meds wich help with the depression can give suïcidale thoughts when first starting them, check the possible side effect symptoms and talk with w hoever precsribed that

You idiot, I could cite study after study indicating SSRIs are no more effective than placebos, and they certainly do have effects on brain structure and chemistry that may be permanent.

Kill yourself. How has this not been said yet?

Neat, so you're saying I can cure my brain misfiring by simply thinking it?! By God, why haven't you made millions curing depression?!?!?!

I take Wellbutrin too OP
Supplementing my food with activated almonds helps with my bad days

It’s a genetic predisposition.

user, I will tell you I have been there before, you're not gonna "introspect" your way out of this one, and drugs are bad for you. Like seriously antidepressants increase suicide rates, they make life like less enjoyable, you feel numb and nothingness all the time. They're the worst thing you can do

What you need is motivation. You can improve your mood with exercise, eating wholesome food (vegetables, unprocessed meat, low sugar, low added fat) and what you really need is a dedication to yourself to be motivated and to make your life better.

Watch motivational speakers, practice meditation and really think about what you tell yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=J-p_0FDlpkw

My psychiatrist told me that these factors help very much. Iirc, he said that I was in control of my own depression and my own life, and I shouldn’t forget that.

Normal bud. I work for a residential program which handles a lot of kids on meds for various issues. One of the key things we are warned about, in relation to anti-depressant meds, is that they actually increase your initial risks of suicide. They say it has something to do with the pill giving you a little energy and motivation before handling the depression part.

tl;dr Keep your doctor informed and it all might be your body getting used to the medications.

The way you talk to yourself is important.

I have a mantra when I'm drinking water, as opposed to soda or other calorie heavy, unhealthy drinks. I'll say "Cool refreshing water, quenches my thirst,"
Say it in your head everytime. Your brain knows that water is healthy, that the tasty sodas and sugar-added beverages (coffee with sugar, tea with sugar, etc) are bad for you. But you have to convince your reptilian brain, the part that just says "it tastes good, it must be good,"

You have to reform your habits, and one of the best ways to do this is with self-talk motivational speech

Get Neurostar TMS, its legit
youtube.com/watch?v=G313g2FNyMg

this retarded

Depression is like a self-feeding spiral. You don't want to do anything, and sitting around feeling bad leads to more sitting around and feeling bad. You feel worse because you didn't do x thing, like you missed going to see your friends because you didn't want to go.

It's a pattern you just have to break. Force yourself to get some sunlight. Go for a walk. See your friends and family. Tell your family you love them.

If you feed it, depression will take over your whole life. You don't want that! I know there's a perverse "good feeling," to feeding depression. It's self pity. You have to kill self pity. It's not useful for anything, noone is impressed that you're the best at self pity. Regardless of what happens to you, how shitty you think your circumstances are, remember that the best stories are when the hero goes through tough times and beats them. Tough circumstances just make you a better hero in your story

youtube.com/watch?v=rrkrvAUbU9Y&list=PLpbKWzQiUcQuYWgN2Ot-6Asaf2Ld6sfSA

youtube.com/watch?v=7sxpKhIbr0E

Fucking retarded advice. Same shit my family said for years while I couldn't sleep at night or function as a fucking normal person. I was in engineering about to just fucking give up and went to the college clinic as a last ditch screw it, and within 2 months, I felt better.

Brains are complicated, and it takes a while for the medicine and your body to stabilize. I'd almost say the first month is placebo if you feel anything.
I tried 3 different meds in all before Paxil, which made a big difference.