What does Sup Forums think about it? Better than Asunder?

What does Sup Forums think about it? Better than Asunder?

No Sup Forums talk please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NBJoNhcArN4
clyp.it/itjal3jz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Surprisingly better than asunder. Mostly because it seems more focused. Still not half as good as their glory days though.

Bosses hang pt 2 is just boring 3rd wave shit though.

I need to listen this shit right now

it's better than Asunder but that wasn't hard to accomplish

why did they change this?
youtu.be/NBJoNhcArN4

This
Senpai/famine is tight tho.

I thought Piss Crowns are Trebled was better than anything on this album but this one is a lot more consistent.

asunder was better imo.

from this album, i like the intro and the anthem for no state. i don't like bosses hang at all.

Bosses Hang sounds like a Joe Cocker tribute

interesting take

If you took the best parts of Asunder and the best parts of this album and put it into a 60 minute album it would be amazing.

whole asunder + just Anthem for no state would be great

this band is so remiss that their next album will probably be a 35 minute LP

clyp.it/itjal3jz

much better than Asunder, it seems more focused. But the best post-hiatus album is and will be Allelujah

It's shit. Selling my tickets.

meh, they're always a great live act no matter the quality of their releases

this tbqh

Are you high? This is just the worst noodling the band has ever come up with followed by a decent song and then a pretty tame version of their music in the next song.

Definitely redundant and lacking in ambition. At least Asunder felt like one structured unit instead of an arbitrarily slapped together political album.

not impressed, i'll still check them out on their tour. hopefully they play some classics

should have combined the last two albums

Mixing sounds off

This, these two releases back to back are too thematically consistent with not enough good stuff to fill either, hence the tedious drone tracks

But Efrim has kids now and made a documentary about being broke so he needs the money

Fuckin love it. I don't know why but I hear some Pink Floyd vibes in Bosses Hang

They only brought back the project because they needed the money and relentless pressure from Constellation. Probably why Norsola chose not to participate and why Bruce left the band after Allelujah

That documentary is actually pretty eye-opening. If Constellation can't support them financially then I don't see why they don't just go to Kranky or someone else. I'm sure they feel indebted to them, but eventually enough is enough.
I heard Cawdron just wanted to focus on Esmerine, and that Norsola didn't want to commit with her art projects, etc.

source?

No official source, that's just what I've heard from people in Montreal
Partially true. There were also artistic differences and questions about the integrity of their intentions

Allelujah actually made sense with them wanting to get Albanian and Gamelan recorded properly.

The first 7-8 minutes from Asunder is really all you need.

Haven't finished with Luciferian Towers. I prefer Buildings to Railroads though but both are good

I understand them wanting to get Albanian and Gamelan out of the way, but to only add 13 minutes of derivative drones on top of that? They reunited in late 2010/early 2011 and that's the only new stuff they could come up with in over a year?

my biggest complaint too

320 RIP WHEN
R
I
P
W
H
E
N

Maybe its because its a stream?

September 22

no ambition

Fuck you. Piss Crowns are Trebled is among the best GBYE.

What they really should have done is combine Asunder and Luciferian, cut the drone tracks short an and make Anthem the original length.

I miss the rawer, more emotive sound they had. Everything now sounds overproduced.

Is anyone else actually enjoying it for what it is? I know it is hard to not look at it in context of GYBE glory days, but for what it is, I'm really liking it.

FLAC RIP WHEN?

I'm with you man. It's probably my favourite of the reunion albums