youtube.com/watch?v=OzTXGZ2Xn9M
clyp.it/mhjmetjz
clyp.it/04afyg5l
clyp.it/r2ztcnke
de-de.sennheiser.com/drummica
youtube.com/watch?v=9KHXu7OW21U
youtube.com/watch?v=q2TuymOIBBE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

/prod/ i come to you with an unfinished song and a business idea™ (patent pending)

the song's pretty generic prog house but i really just want comments on the structure and production. how do i get the mids sounding less muddy and fill out the highs? also are the drums ok or should i add more thump?

>clyp.it/xsb0n1qz

the other idea i wanted to pitch is a revision on an old piece of gear: the drum pad. instead of buttons on a flat surface my design utilises the style of a bongo drum: velocity and location sensitive trapezoidal dome (pic related) and a set of 10 contact sensitive straps that go on your fingers. the straps are assignable to any input (kick, snare hats, etc) and the dome also has two assignable variables. hitting the very edge of the dome will produce a gated click-y version of the sound it's assigned to (usually snare), similar to a rimshot.
the user would usually assign both thumbs to kick and snare, depending on their dominant hand, and drum on the top surface of the dome; while using the fingers for hats, cymbals etc, and drumming on the side of the dome.
i always seem to have better rhythm tapping a random object with my fingers than actually using a drum pad so hopefully this bridges the gap between the two.

n.b. headphones recommended for the song

I've been messing with Logic for a few years now and I'm pretty comfortable with it but I want to start making some more sample-heavy stuff and I was told Ableton is way better for that sort of thing than Logic is
Is it worth learning a whole new piece of software? I love the Logic synths a lot so I would be sad about giving those up

i would stick with logic and learn its sampling capabilities. there are plenty of sampler vsts and i don't see the point in throwing away all that logic experience really

>a set of 10 contact sensitive straps that go on your fingers
that's where you lost me. As far as your song, it's nothing new

as far as stock DAW synths go logic's are ok but i would download as many different synth VSTs as i could chew in order to learn how different ones work and what they're good for. and if you're using mostly 3rd party vsts the whole DAW argument is made redundant

Alright yeah that's fair.
Most of the time I just mess with the individual audio clips in Logic rather than loading them into a sampler anyway

That's a good idea actually, plus it's always fun to mess around with new tools.
Do you have any good recs? Part of the reason I leaned into the stock Logic synths is that I had a hard time finding synth VSTs that were both Logic/Mac compatible *and* free/easy to pirate.

Hey guys. What is the best high quality drum sample library? I am looking for a simple accoustic drum kit and WAV files.
Also if you have it, it would be great if you could upload some of the drum sample WAV's so I could have them and you can even archive the download for whoever wants the samples I bet. I just need snare, hi hat opened/closed, ride, kick.

I hope you're aware that plain wav files no matter how well they're sampled won't ever sound realistic without a good playback engine like superior drummer triggering randoms and velocities and whatnot

Hey guys, maybe this isn't exactly production but I got a DJM 250MK2 and 2 turntables.
It says I can use DVS but do I really need rekordbox timecode vinyl or I can use any timecode vinyl?
Ty.
Just to keep it related, here's a track I made.
youtube.com/watch?v=83aV_0tlJqw

Rekordbox DVS works in a limited fashion with Serato control vinyl, but only in relative mode - to use absolute mode reliably (song position changes when the needle is dropped at a different part of the control vinyl) you'd need the Rekordbox control vinyl.

youtube.com/watch?v=OzTXGZ2Xn9M

>uninformed faggot trying to sound like he knows what he's talking about

teach me, master

I actually tried this time, and this is the result. A known flaw is that my microphone is awful, I did my best to combat it - but it's just the built in laptop mic.

I'm hoping to get advice on anything from how good, interesting you find it to the production and mixing.

clyp.it/mhjmetjz
clyp.it/mhjmetjz
clyp.it/mhjmetjz

anyone know any 73+ key keyboards with midi that don't cost a fortune

get a used digital piano on craigslist

does anyone have any Korg MonoPoly banks to share?
would be thankful

rate this beat

clyp.it/04afyg5l

>hur just get reaper
fuck off

What happened to /prod/?

all producers went extinct due to a supervirus that only targets producers

How many tracks should an instrumental hip hop album be?

I've been using Audacity x Garageband for about a year now and i want something better what software would you rec?

>hurr reaper

that or any of the big name daws, it doesn't matter. upgrade to logic from garageband probably

literally doesn't matter

kept getting shittier and more toxic and only the same faggots kept consistently posting and drawing attention to themselves. most people probably got sick of it. these threads are practically never productive

i mean it's free,

5/10, cheesy, decent chorus but got there too fast.

boring desu. tbqh your mixing is going to be a joke until you have gear, just focus on writing better songs and don't worry about it for now

>it's free
A digital programme can't be free or non-free, these are not legitimate states of groups of binary digits on your data storage hardware.

Is there any way to apply effects while a clip plays on Ableton? Same for changing the sound of the synths (changing LFO and ADSR and all that stuff) or are you just stuck with it in one setting

Also how do you resample something? Say I record VST part via midi, how do I get the sound of that into simpler/sampler? Or does it have to be Audio?

Do you want a cookie user?

Yes it's called automation, just search on google for it.

To resample the way I would reccomend is to duplicate the track that you want to resample, then right click freeze, then right click flatten. Then you can drag that waveform into sampler if you want

I want those sweet dubdubs tho

Thanks dude

What VST would you recommend for someone who wants to start to learn about synthesis?

literally any of the popular freebies

synth1 is probably top of the list. get cracking and find out what you actually need once you learn what you're doing and then go from there

clyp.it/r2ztcnke

REEEE how do I make a tune that's longer than a minute?!!?!?!?

>clyp.it/r2ztcnke
Did you record the guitar part?

Thanks user,I was thinking of Operator too but I will probably get Synth1 now

What record labels should i look out for when crate digging for jazz?

>bid on speakers on ebay
>nobody else bids, I get them for the starting price
>two weeks later the speakers never show up, seller doesn't respond to any messages
>open up a "i didn't receive my item" case
>he refunds me

if you don't want to sell your shit for your starting price, then just fucking make the starting price higher. Ended up just getting one speaker used of of amazon and one used off of ebay's "buy it now" thing. Ended up only costing 30$ more then what I bid on the guy's speakers since shipping was free on both.

clyp.it/vysukhz2?token=b6a0f29ed74e4760145f6fc7183ffbb6

If anyone could take a look at my arrangement and overall sound-design in this unfinished beat I'd be super happy.

I'm trying to learn music production but every project feels like and improvement over the last one at least.

Pass me feedback and I'll pass it back to you asap if you want it

okay

add some more shit into it like a guitar solo and more chord progressions

Mysigt. Låter dock mer som en interlude än en hel låt p.g.a lite lite variation. :-)

I like it a lot, especially the bass. If I were you I'd go for some more percussion though, especially something in the high ends.

I'll keep you updated

I don't know if they're THE BEST, but I really like these:
de-de.sennheiser.com/drummica

You just load that into NI Kontakt Player (also free) and go from there. Key mapping is pretty much the same as Superior Drummer. The only thing I don't like about it is that it was kind of a pain to register for, and all the forms were in German. It comes with a big library of MIDI beats that are really nice if you just want some drums to jam to.

youtube.com/watch?v=9KHXu7OW21U
youtube.com/watch?v=q2TuymOIBBE

>Key mapping is pretty much the same as Superior Drummer
Actually I was wrong...you can customize all of that if you want to

is the mpc 2000xl worth it?

Ya I guess

Definitely is if you want a great analog sampler.

No I don't think so

lol there's no such thing as an analog sampler. except for maybe like a mellotron or something

I stand corrected but hopefully you know what I mean as well

You're an retard

Sounds like your talking about a Korg Wave drum, I'd smooth out the bass a bit in the song.

>dustyglasses_ms20.jpg

Do more building up, extend parts of the song

Sounds a bit repetitive, mix needs work to make it sound full

Nah

>tfw finally got a daw to work with VSTs and VSTi

What should i get then?

All of those replies are me and I was joking

Thanks a lot for feedback. Mixing work shouldn't be any problems but it's too early for me to mix it properly.

I know it's a bit samey, but with a rapper on it do you think I should still go for more diversity or stay simple?

That's fucked up my man. Those are the kind of fucking sellers that give ebay a bad name.

should i get it then?

bump

Fuck I don't know what you're trying to do man

I have no idea what people use mpcs for that isn't just boom bap old school etc or solely to program drums

maschine or push 2