Is working for the TSA a good job?

Is working for the TSA a good job?

Working for the govt is never good.

it's like one step up from being a mall cop.

Depends, do you hate freedom?

why is that?

Are you fond of feeling dudes balls?

If you like being a dick, sure

I'm gonna have to check ya assshole

Stopping Terrorism is your duty as a citizen of your country

A buddy of mine that worked for TSA once got to arrest an on duty police officer for bringing his gun through a terminal. So there's that.

I travel a lot for work. None of them look very happy. Also most people respect fast food workers and carnies more than TSA Agents.

That's pretty neat, considering that terminal screeners have no arrest authority.

Pay is decent, and your coworkers will make or break your happiness. I'm a full time student working part time with em, and it works out well. Pays the bills comfortably, and i still have time for classes. Up to you, but ywah the govt is a pain in the ass

But they got the nice new crisp uniforms that make them (almost) look like police, so you have to respect their authoritah!

on behalf of everyone who has ever traveled by air, fuck you asshole

I used to work as a TSO. The pay was great, good benefits. You just need the patience of dealing with rude, pissed off passengers. I recommend it

no. no one likes you and you get paid like shit

Yep, I used to work as a newspaper delivery boy... collection day was Thursdays... many times, housewives would answer door naked (loose towel).nearly naked and invite me in for a cool drink... I recommend it

The Titty Sucking Agency?

I've met plenty of people who were cool and who had no problem with me doing my job. Keep on being an edgelord

No, they just lied to get through security quickly. You're lower than scum.

I have no way to prove i did but i have no reason to lie about it. Ask me anything and ill answer.

Nope. Surprisingly Muslims and foreigners are much nicer and dont throw bitch fits compared to Americans. Americans feel entitled to everything

Feel entitled to not being treated like a subhuman and stripped by x-ray machines that even the head of the TSA admitted are completely ineffective at stopping terrorism?

TSA sucks they win all of the in flight trivia games.

I never treated anyone subhuman, i actually got a lot of compliments from passengers telling me that i was one of the nicest TSOs they ever dealt with.

And you're ignorant because the TSA now uses millimeter wave scanners that use radio waves, not xrays.

have any terrorists got thru though, edgelord

So you're a nicer breed of useless, ineffective, intrusive, scum.

And why would I care about the specifics of the technology? It's what the technology does that matters.

Healthcare, dental, job security, non-fucky work hours, good days off.

Have the TSA stopped any terrorists? No.

I believe you... all good

You can say all you want it doesn't bother me, at the end of the day i got paid and put food on my table and i slept fine. It was a job, thats it.

If youre going to criticize the TSA, at least get the technology right instead of the usual "hurr xrays".

The scanners check for anomalies, thats it.

How many terrorist have made it passed the TSA? None. No one has tried

Depends on what airport you are at. Big ones, always busy and hectic but you do the same thing over and over again every day. Unless real tests are ran or crazy passengers.

Smaller airports, ez pz, don't too much but still the same thing everyday.

If you are an introvert or don't like being close to anyone or touching them. It is not the job for you period. If management or other co-workers don't like you for any reason. You won't move up.

Way it works in government jobs, politics determine if you ever move up or not. Play the game or stay to yourself and do your work.

WTF... what do you want user... a pat on the back for doing your job without being a dick... pretty much 90% of the US workforce does whatever job they have without being a dick.... so, perhaps you are insecure, so, here it goes... GOOD JOB!

They don't work. When the Dept of Homeland Security tested the TSA, 67 out of 70 "red teams" managed to sneak a firearm or bomb aboard.

It's trading a horrible invasion of privacy and human dignity for a solution that doesn't work and which is based on a manufactured fear.

Yep your spot on. Promotions was all about kissing ass and making the right friends. I was close to making Supervisor but i fucked up

You're stupid enough to believe that the fear of the TSA has stopped terrorists, despite near universal evidence that their x-ray body scanners, the newer scanners, and their profiling techniques are complete failures?

Never said that either, i could care less what some bums from Sup Forums think of me. Im just simply stating that im not some "nazi" who gets off on "abusing" people like what most people think of the TSA. People seem to forget that were just like any other worker

I know about the red team tests and i know the cause of the majority of failures. It had nothing to do with the scanners, trust me.

So you're comparing youself to a Nazi.

Well, at least you're honest.

> trust me
said the government stooge

I guess that makes the TSA's record 100% huh
what's keeping terrorists out, explain it to me

I dont believe that, my point was that people always say "The TSA has never stopped a terrorist" as if thats a factual, logical flaw about the TSA yet its invalid because there hasn't been any attempts to stop in the first place

Work on your reading comprehension skills. You obviously missed the entire point

to be fair, TSA has stopped terrorists or would be attackers from getting a hold of another plane inside the country and using it for mass destruction since the TSA was implemented.

BUT yes, if you know what you are doing, you can get things by TSA but it isn't as easy as you think.

It all depends on the guard that screens you that day. That is the biggest and scariest thing we all face and the government of course is aware.That is why technology one day will totally take over, b/c it can be mistake free when properly maintained.

As of now, Joe is having a bad day, his wife left him. He is forever in debt. He now has to work every day, including holidays. He doesn't care anymore, he is just there for the paycheck. So Joe doesn't even care about doing bag checks, lets shit go on the regular and lets anything suspicious past the screening area. All it takes

It is a factual, logical flaw. If a threat doesn't exist, why are we spending billions of dollars a year and completely violating people's basic human rights?

I know it but i can't say, why would i release that information to a bunch of anonymous people?

You're the one who brought up Nazis. Who were mostly just people doing their jobs, too. You really should think through the implications of your posts.

I used to be an adventurer like you, til I took an arrow to the knee.

I recommend it.

It's not a real threat.

Also, I think most people don't realize, the TSA does federal security for all forms of movement in the USA. Boats, trains, planes, etc etc etc yeahhhhhhhh

I brought up Nazis because i was showing thats how TSA is compared to, you literally proved my point.

I was showing that I was not a Nazi. Again work on your reading skills

And why would we believe you, rather than the reputable sources that have reported on the topic?

The threat does exist. Terrorism is real. We don't know whether it may or may not happen.

that's the stupidest thing thing I've heard in a long time

No, you compared yourself to a Nazi. Nobody else said that. And by doing so, you drew some creepy parallels between yourself and the agents behind one of the greatest genocides of the 20th century. You're failing to comprehend the implications of your own writing.

I dont care whether you believe me or not. I am a former TSO, i know first hand WHY they failed. No reputable source will you give the exact reason why the TSOs missed the tests

No, the stupidest thing is the TSA

I bet I can guess -- human failure. It's the same way hackers break into secure systems, or military intelligence tests security at military bases. Social hacking is far more effective than scripts.

letting 9/11 happen was stupid
now we're doing something

The reason Nazis were used is because many people compare the TSA to Nazis. If youre unaware of that comparison people make then youre ignorant.

Sure, terrorism is real. But so are people falling off ladders. We're literally spending billions on the TSA each year, despite zero evidence they have the slightest effect, just because the Bush administration drummed up fear to a fever pitch.

We have to accept some level of risk. And realize that reducing risk has costs. And then decide what's effective at reducing those risks.

The TSA is not.

that chick on the right looks like she'd be deep into getting degraded

The problems that led to 9/11 were fixed by securing the cockpit, not the TSA. And, honestly, by scaring the public -- the passenger's reaction to an attempted hijacking these days is probably going to be closer to what happened on Flight 93 than on the other 3 planes. Don't let unreasoning fear sway you.

You could argue that the fact that there hasn't been an attempt is a success in itself, that the TSA also works as a deterrent.

YOU made that comparison. Stop trying to pretend you didn't.

Yes but why let a terrorist get that far in the first place? Why leave it up to the passengers or a cockpit door. TSA is the first layer of security, the cockpit, air marshals, passengers, those are all extra layers of security

TSA is there to stop it initially

That's pretty much the sole justification for the whole Department of Homeland Security. Fear of something that might happen has been used to eviscerate civil liberties. America has become a nation of cowards.

Not sure what climbed up this guys ass, but it seems if we follow his line of thoughts then open borders is the best resolution.

The TSA exists for a reason, and obviously they do their job good enough seeing as it is still a thing.

Except they haven't, and that layer of very ineffective security is astonishingly expensive, both in dollars and intangibles like human dignity.

This is going nowhere. If you fail to see the reason why i made the comparison then youre probably stupid. Youre clearly unaware of the criticisms of the TSA that provides the context in the first place. Im done with you.

So your argument is if a government bureaucracy exists, it must be effective? Wow, that's a new level of stupid.

They havent what? As far as i know, the TSA has never let a terrorist get past them and make it to the cockpit doors

52%

Something about giving up a little bit of liberty to gain a little bit of safety and how you deserve neither or something like that.

I cant even believe how bad you are at this.

What he said is that the TSA is being compared to as IF they were nazis, not that they are like nazis and just doing their jobs.

I want to work at that airport.

I know why you made that comparison, but it's completely unrelated to the point I'm making. You drew the comparison yourself, preemptively, and did in such a way that your justifications for the TSA sounded a lot like some of the arguments heard in Nuremberg. You shot yourself in the foot, while trying to defend yourself.

Ah, samefagging. He drew the parallel, slow one.

Who have they stopped?

Literally every time they do an audit of the TSA, they fail miserably.

But if you don't fund them, you must be a terrorist!

Work for nuclear security instead. Power plants are everywhere and private sector always pays more than govt.

Plus, you won't feel as dirty.

What percentage of TSA agents are niggers? It seems that they are way overrepresented every time I fly.

I wasnt speaking for TSA as a whole, if you read the comment chain i was speaking in defense of myself. Some guy said i was "lower than scum" and made some other exaggerated comment.

I can only defend my actions. People love to speak of the TSA as this mass evil entity so I was showing my perspective as an individual worker. Thats it.

>as this mass evil entity
Nah, they aren't nearly competent enough to be evil.

Unless your former military or police, its very difficult to get into nuclear security. Thats like the cream of the crop when it comes to security jobs

Who have they missed?

Not true at all. I work in nuclear security and have neither of those. All you need is GED, be 21, and a clean record

Depends on the airport. My airport did have a lot of blacks TSOs.

>forget knife in back pocket
>one day in-out flight
>return to same airport to people on the same shift
>request to get knife back since it's literally in the same box it was
>"Sorry, we have to surrender it to the police"

I'm super pro government but the TSA is a fucking joke. They don't give a shit, and don't return your shit even if they clearly could. They fail surprise inspections miserably. Probably the most corrupt government function that we have to date.

Well shit. Im a former TSO and currently work in private security, id love to do it but on Reddit/r/securityguards, i hear it's tough. Ive heard that only a few get selected from all the applicants

When I was a smoker, I used to get lighters past TSA all the time. I had a camera bag with a million pockets. They never checked any of them.

You're right about that, but mostly it's just because of the economy, and you'd be surprised how many people can't pass a background check. If you're record is squeaky clean, security exp will get you far.

Do you mean they caught it and then asked for it back? Dude we can't return it, if we get caught we could easily be fired.

All of the knives, we would put in this big metal box that had a little slot. The only people that could access that metal box was a 3rd party company who takes that stuff and they auction it i believe and that money then goes back to the govt, i can't remember honestly

But we cant return it, trust me