Can you invent a new genre of music? If yes, how?

Can you invent a new genre of music? If yes, how?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Illbient
youtu.be/xvZqHgFz51I?t=85
youtube.com/watch?v=OEAJvESEJz8
youtube.com/watch?v=JapptBXr0RY
youtube.com/watch?v=79t-VDjKe1c&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=fpwrZSLtlIA&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ending your life would be a good start

gangsta ambient

easy mode: combine too preexisting but disparate genres

patrician mode: allow all of your influences to bleed together but not drown out your own creativity and eventually you'll make something that's never been done before.

Prog trap

Guys, your favorite artists of all time genres are mixed together and that's your own music. What do you get?

No, anyone who consciously tries to create or claims to have invented a new genre of music is a fake.

>take existing genre
>replace one aspect of said genre with another

dancey plunderphonics album composed entirely of shoegaze/glitch samples with Kanye occasionally rapping

Very poppy and slightly electronic post-hardcore with western classical music instrumentation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Illbient

Just mix shit, like a Bossa-Russian folk genre

Take a pre-existing genre, do something slightly different, and then tack on a suffix or prefix

ex: pop-punk, post-rock, neo-trap

Rodeo, some songs from TLOP

Post-Hop

Nu-Wave

I want rap music with flutes and shit in it

prog rap

nerds
I'm talking about real gangstas

irregular-rhythm percussive soundscapes

youtu.be/xvZqHgFz51I?t=85

Brungo: music produced only from recordings of copper being hit (and whatever sound is produced). I know that seems lolsorandom, so let me explain why I want this.

In modern art, a lot of pieces seem childish and pointless, but are accompanied with essays that explain thoughts and processes that went into making the piece. I want a genre that requires this.

You want to rip apart the raw data of a video file of copper being hit, and convert it to audio? Go ahead. Make whatever you can out of it. Good luck, I hope it turns out well. But if you do, you'll have to prove it's made from that video.

Constraints breed creativity. This is a very specific constraint and requires patience, eloquence and talent.

i really like that flute track, but i wish it played a more prominent role in the song

>*blocks your path*

youtube.com/watch?v=OEAJvESEJz8

industrial-country

youtube.com/watch?v=JapptBXr0RY

youtube.com/watch?v=79t-VDjKe1c&feature=youtu.be

drinkstep
kitchenfi
starecore

take a preexisting genre and give it a clever new name with a -wave suffix

caroliner

Shitcore

oh wait it already exists, is literally every Sup Forums core ever

yea, just blend genres, and blend more, eventually itll be a new genre

Hip-Hop can and has used just about every sound there is. It's electronic and sample based. There aren't really limits in that regard.

Here's a new genre:

youtube.com/watch?v=fpwrZSLtlIA&feature=youtu.be